Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:51:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 148936 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: March 20, 2019, 09:55:25 PM »

My brother just called us. Apparently he used and passed out in a park, but who knows with him. Today has been an absolute nightmare from the moment I woke up. Even my mom, who remains implacably optimistic in the worst of times (literally, it pisses me off sometimes), was saying that this time was it.

And then just like that he called. He's in deep trouble with his girlfriend over this. I wouldn't want to be him right now Tongue
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #601 on: March 20, 2019, 10:15:40 PM »

My brother just called us. Apparently he used and passed out in a park, but who knows with him. Today has been an absolute nightmare from the moment I woke up. Even my mom, who remains implacably optimistic in the worst of times (literally, it pisses me off sometimes), was saying that this time was it.

And then just like that he called. He's in deep trouble with his girlfriend over this. I wouldn't want to be him right now Tongue

Reminds me of what I use to go through with my brother on heroin. Except we eventually got to the point where we assumed anytime he was gone for more than a few hours that we would get a call back that he overdosed. Going back to prison and getting trained in firefighting is what finally got him sober.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #602 on: March 22, 2019, 09:55:56 AM »

Even though I doubt most people know I'm trans, people deadnaming me reminds me that I'm expecting far too much from people. Maybe I should just come to terms with the fact that I'll never be accepted for who I really am, but I don't think I ever will. I don't want to live the rest of my life thinking about my mortality, but I don't think I have a choice. Either I'm bullied to the point that I eventually have the guts to kill myself, or someone is so profoundly annoyed by my insistence upon having boobs in public that they feel the need to give me the Matthew Shepard treatment. Maybe the world would be better off without me. My continued existence is virtually pointless as it is. Or maybe I'm overreacting and looking for attention because I didn't take my antidepressant today on account of the fact that it might have made me throw up yesterday.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #603 on: March 22, 2019, 10:10:14 AM »

Gonna see Cory Booker tomorrow in Columbia, should be fun to see. Hopefully Beto will come to South Carolina soon.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #604 on: March 23, 2019, 12:45:28 AM »

After making a joke of something as serious as suicide on this forum, which was rightfully called out by others, I’ve realized what an awful, nihilistic, downward spiral I’ve let myself fall into after shifting my time and attention towards Reddit. It’s really such a toxic gathering place - especially the political subreddits that are heavily oriented towards memes. Whether it’s leftwing or rightwing, they’re both harmful to a person’s mental health and perspective.

So, I’ve decided to back away from that stuff.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #605 on: March 23, 2019, 08:49:49 PM »

Social awkwardness and "it's complicated" relationships seem to be rather ubiquitious. Venting on an internet forum, while certainly not my style, seems rather viable right now: I just spend approximately 27 hours, by both our estimates, with a person I very much care about and whose honest opinion of me is completely unknown, and the social interaction has been absolutely delightful. Meeting her dogs was great.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #606 on: March 23, 2019, 10:35:41 PM »

My sister has an addiction to Xanax, so now she's in rehab. Really shook me and my family up because we had no idea this was happening. Given the circumstances, I know people will be joyful that people I care about are suffering and I've gone through a sh1tload in the past 24 hours, but just need that off my chest.

I hope everything works out for her. Benzodiazepine addiction is pretty nasty Unsure
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #607 on: March 23, 2019, 10:40:24 PM »

yo things have been great recently like in the past couple of days, you know I really think I just needed to sleep but anyway getting wasted this weekend has helped too Purple heart

Now on Monday I'll be ready to go back to work and class and own it!
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #608 on: March 24, 2019, 12:54:01 AM »

I am officially retiring from atlas.

Ciao
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #609 on: March 24, 2019, 01:00:35 AM »

I am officially retiring from atlas.

Ciao
Has your account been hacked?
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #610 on: March 24, 2019, 10:47:47 AM »

Even though I doubt most people know I'm trans, people deadnaming me reminds me that I'm expecting far too much from people. Maybe I should just come to terms with the fact that I'll never be accepted for who I really am, but I don't think I ever will. I don't want to live the rest of my life thinking about my mortality, but I don't think I have a choice. Either I'm bullied to the point that I eventually have the guts to kill myself, or someone is so profoundly annoyed by my insistence upon having boobs in public that they feel the need to give me the Matthew Shepard treatment. Maybe the world would be better off without me. My continued existence is virtually pointless as it is. Or maybe I'm overreacting and looking for attention because I didn't take my antidepressant today on account of the fact that it might have made me throw up yesterday.

Late reply, but I can tell you wholeheartedly that every conception you might have of yourself as having a net negative impact on the world is absolutely inane, completely lacking in veracity, and just incredibly false. I have scarcely interacted with you, Peebs, but do know that you are an amazing person with, from the little I know about you, a delightful sense of humor and duty. I can only extrapolate from that, then, to tell you in the strongest possible terms that you can find the light in your own darkness. A bit of philosophical thought now and then is fine and dandy, but never, ever let it devolve into thinking you are worthless or a bad person: you are not either. Out of fear of making this post far too long, I'll stop here, but do know that (even though you will not take me up on it because this is literally like the first or second time I directly interact with you) I-and a lot of good people here on Atlas and outside-are available for you.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #611 on: March 24, 2019, 11:48:52 AM »

My sister has an addiction to Xanax, so now she's in rehab. Really shook me and my family up because we had no idea this was happening. Given the circumstances, I know people will be joyful that people I care about are suffering and I've gone through a sh1tload in the past 24 hours, but just need that off my chest.

Hope she recovers and everything goes well.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #612 on: March 24, 2019, 12:25:48 PM »

Oh he'll be back. His "girlfriend" doesn't want him on here.

I guess this is why most of us don't have girlfriends.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #613 on: March 24, 2019, 12:26:52 PM »

Oh he'll be back. His "girlfriend" doesn't want him on here.

I guess this is why most of us don't have girlfriends.
Even if one of us somehow did, would we really tell them that we're a member of Atlas Forums? Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #614 on: March 24, 2019, 12:27:12 PM »

I don't pray, but I hope my best wishes to you and your family will suffice.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #615 on: March 26, 2019, 07:21:56 AM »

Raheem Kassam followed me on Instagram.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #616 on: March 26, 2019, 11:25:36 AM »

Will be going back to school in the fall, and as of this June/July (depending on girlfriend's schedule ... has an interview in Chicago today!), my avatar will finally make sense!  Lol
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #617 on: March 26, 2019, 01:49:27 PM »

I know this story. I’ve lived it repeatedly for five years. It’s been our family hell. Xanax is the devil, and I fear my own brother using it as much as I do the heroin, because it makes him violent and angry almost every single time he takes it.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #618 on: March 26, 2019, 03:17:10 PM »

What ur Instagram?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #619 on: March 26, 2019, 08:26:32 PM »

Will be going back to school in the fall, and as of this June/July (depending on girlfriend's schedule ... has an interview in Chicago today!), my avatar will finally make sense!  Lol

Finally getting that MBA? Or gonna be a real Chad and do financial economics?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #620 on: March 26, 2019, 08:38:39 PM »

My car got towed. I was up there for five freaking minutes.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #621 on: March 26, 2019, 10:23:40 PM »

My dad has been addicted to xanax for years and there are times where it is really tough.  I'll pray for your family.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #622 on: March 26, 2019, 11:18:18 PM »

My condolences.

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #623 on: March 27, 2019, 08:52:02 AM »

Lost my phone yesterday and totally bombed my English midterm today. This... sucks.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #624 on: March 27, 2019, 10:27:52 AM »

Deciding between a job in my field and a fellowship in my other field. Pls help.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies