Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:56:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 148918 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: August 10, 2019, 01:37:06 PM »

It was actually at a fundraiser for my local State Senator.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1101 on: August 10, 2019, 01:50:49 PM »

Is Marco still a midget?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1102 on: August 10, 2019, 02:00:08 PM »

Yeah, and I think the 5'10" he claims to be is overstated because I was probably 10 inches taller than him and I'm not 6'8".
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1103 on: August 10, 2019, 02:32:06 PM »

Since when is 5 foot 10 a midget?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1104 on: August 10, 2019, 03:25:07 PM »

I was taller than him when we met. I was 14 then.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1105 on: August 10, 2019, 05:22:29 PM »

Oh lol, how tall were you then?
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1106 on: August 10, 2019, 09:40:27 PM »

I'm spending the weekend up north from the UP on Thurs, to Bayfield WI on Fri to the Duluth area Fri night through tomorrow. There are some interesting foods I've tried so far. In the UP I had a pasty, a ubiquitous meat and potato pastry, which can be found in diners, standalone shops, and pizza parlors (where I a tasty but very filling one).

Perhaps the most interesting item was my substitute for lunch today - a pie malt. The restaurant does a lot of scratch cooking, including a nice selection of pies and other baked goods. However, the menu offered to take a slice of homemade pie with a flaky double crust and blend it with your choice of ice cream, milk, and malt flavor. I ordered mine with coconut cream pie and Zanzibar chocolate ice cream. It was rich enough to be a meal in itself and delicious, but though a straw didn't work for some of the coconut bits. The richness was appreciated as a spent part of the afternoon hiking at Jay Cooke state park.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1107 on: August 10, 2019, 11:15:05 PM »

Juul is damn strong...
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1108 on: August 10, 2019, 11:57:29 PM »

My parents and I just had a great dinner at Olive Garden , and the  Minestrone soup we had was extremely tasty as usual
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1109 on: August 11, 2019, 12:55:08 AM »

atlas' resident monster is having her birthday today, i guess
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1110 on: August 11, 2019, 01:47:37 AM »

They held a fundraiser in a bathhouse?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1111 on: August 11, 2019, 06:32:25 AM »

atlas' resident monster is having her birthday today, i guess
I'll have you know my birthday was almost two months ago!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1112 on: August 11, 2019, 07:30:04 AM »

Pay period’s taking forever. It’d be nice to pick up my tennis racket, some books, a pair of shoes, and some new threads after Friday finally hits.

@Jimmy Forgive me (I may be simply misremembering, in which case disregard), I think you’d posted a bit ago about one of your parents passing. It appears the post has since been taken down. Know that my thoughts and my empathy are with you. God bless.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1113 on: August 16, 2019, 01:45:18 PM »

the only reason we think "race" exist is because when big gov took over and pushed humanity away from the guidance of our ancient alien ancestors, the big gov fat cats wanted 2 tax us and take our stuff so they convinced us that having different skin color meant we were different but it doesn't they just wanted 2 make us in2 sheeple who they could control!!
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1114 on: August 18, 2019, 07:34:31 PM »

So, the Walmart that I work at had a mass shooting scare today while I was at work. They issued a code brown frantically over the intercom then everyone was screaming to run. I dropped what I was doing and fled the building, telling customers who were confused and scared to just get the hell out of the store. We ran out into the parking lot. The police arrived even before the evacuation began. Two young white men were in handcuffs sitting on the curb outside the store surrounded by cops.

Apparently, those two men came into the store with large guns and were acting suspicious as they tried to by ammo. Considering our store had recently received a shooting threat by two young men, this was very suspicious. Somebody reported them and the police came immediately. The two men were let free and their guns returned to them at the end of the ordeal; supposedly, they were just in the store to buy ammunition since they were going to a nearby gun range.

Regardless of that, as far as I knew at that moment, I was running for my life out of that store. I directed others out, saw parents clutching their children crying and running, people on their phones about to break down. It was a horrifying scene.

Afterward, I had to return to work and business resumed as usual like nothing even happened. The store was quickly packed with people again. I had to just do my job like it's another day. I feel so unsettled.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1115 on: August 19, 2019, 09:00:02 AM »

While riding back from practicing my serve this morning, I stopped by a local business so I could experience the simple pleasure of hitting a tennis ball against a brick wall. Suffice it to say, one of my tennis balls is now on the roof of said business.

Also, I dropped my phone one too many times a few days ago, so if I try to post from mobile, my word choice would look worse than Badger's. Gotta buy a new one soon. The Urgent Care I visited while traveling finally sent me the bill and, let's say, that makes it harder to think about buying a new phone...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1116 on: August 19, 2019, 09:02:08 AM »

So, the Walmart that I work at had a mass shooting scare today while I was at work. They issued a code brown frantically over the intercom then everyone was screaming to run. I dropped what I was doing and fled the building, telling customers who were confused and scared to just get the hell out of the store. We ran out into the parking lot. The police arrived even before the evacuation began. Two young white men were in handcuffs sitting on the curb outside the store surrounded by cops.

Apparently, those two men came into the store with large guns and were acting suspicious as they tried to by ammo. Considering our store had recently received a shooting threat by two young men, this was very suspicious. Somebody reported them and the police came immediately. The two men were let free and their guns returned to them at the end of the ordeal; supposedly, they were just in the store to buy ammunition since they were going to a nearby gun range.

Regardless of that, as far as I knew at that moment, I was running for my life out of that store. I directed others out, saw parents clutching their children crying and running, people on their phones about to break down. It was a horrifying scene.

Afterward, I had to return to work and business resumed as usual like nothing even happened. The store was quickly packed with people again. I had to just do my job like it's another day. I feel so unsettled.

Glad to see you're okay.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1117 on: August 21, 2019, 02:58:00 AM »

[panting] Just submitted the rough draft of my thesis a literally a week before my new school year begins. 87 pages single-spaced and not counting front matter.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1118 on: August 21, 2019, 04:54:57 PM »

I am a very bad person.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1119 on: August 22, 2019, 06:15:43 AM »

@Jimmy Forgive me (I may be simply misremembering, in which case disregard), I think you’d posted a bit ago about one of your parents passing. It appears the post has since been taken down. Know that my thoughts and my empathy are with you. God bless.

both  my parents are gone and I am a mess right now.  But thank you so much for your thoughts. you are awesome.

My mom died before mothers day... my father died before my birthday. within 3 months
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1120 on: August 22, 2019, 06:53:34 PM »

I have a blockage in my kidneys that my MRI discovered while trying to find the source of my back pain. Best case scenario, I have to pass a kidney stone. This is gonna such.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1121 on: August 22, 2019, 06:58:15 PM »

Started my capstone class, originally was very stressed out but now realize it isn't as hard as I thought it'd be
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1122 on: August 23, 2019, 12:40:28 PM »

Met Green Line last night at Romney-Clinton Happy Hour!  Lol

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1123 on: August 23, 2019, 12:58:46 PM »

^ I worked hard to bring him to the dark side, but no luck so far.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1124 on: August 23, 2019, 01:12:58 PM »

^ I worked hard to bring him to the dark side, but no luck so far.

You guys mainly talked about politics. If I talked to RINO Tom we would be debating on what is better the NBA or College Basketball
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies