Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:20:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 148927 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: August 03, 2019, 07:57:51 PM »

Resisting the urge for snark, congratulations!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1076 on: August 03, 2019, 09:25:36 PM »

Resisting the urge for snark, congratulations!

thank you! i promise she’s real.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1077 on: August 04, 2019, 12:40:25 PM »

Hajj for Republicans
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1078 on: August 04, 2019, 12:50:08 PM »

If you want a good and proper flight, you do Delta. If you don’t, the Discount Airlines(Allegiant, Southwest, etc.) are for you. There’s no excuse for American/United.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1079 on: August 04, 2019, 12:59:12 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2019, 01:42:28 PM by Santander »

If you want a good and proper flight, you do Delta. If you don’t, the Discount Airlines(Allegiant, Southwest, etc.) are for you. There’s no excuse for American/United.

United has more flat beds, first class seats, and extra legroom seats than any other airline by far. Polaris Lounges are among the best business class lounges in the world. Star Alliance is the best alliance by far. Delta has hubs in dogsh**t cities like Detroit, Minneapolis, Cincinnati, Atlanta, and Seattle. If Delta hubs ORD and SFO, sure, I may change over from United.

The only good thing Delta has is the SkyTeam hub at Amsterdam. (There are some other good things about Delta, but they're hardly miles ahead of the others, except perhaps corporate management.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1080 on: August 04, 2019, 01:23:23 PM »

Haha you were at Smu?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1081 on: August 04, 2019, 01:42:18 PM »

United has more flat beds, first class seats, and extra legroom seats than any other airline by far. Polaris Lounges are among the best business class lounges in the world. Star Alliance is the best alliance by far. Delta has hubs in dogsh**t cities like Detroit, Minneapolis, Cincinnati, Atlanta, and Seattle. If Delta hubs ORD and SFO, sure, I may change over from United.

The only good thing Delta has is the SkyTeam hub at Amsterdam.

ORD wishes it were d*(hit. Even Midway is better.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1082 on: August 04, 2019, 02:19:19 PM »

You've never been in the ORD Polaris Lounge then I guess.  Midway does have better food options.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1083 on: August 04, 2019, 02:27:12 PM »

You've never been in the ORD Polaris Lounge then I guess.  Midway does have better food options.

A lounge doesn't make an airport. But still, it's pretty dumb to call MDW better than ORD. It's no contest which is better, even if ORD suffers from its own success like most big airports.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1084 on: August 04, 2019, 08:03:53 PM »

T God Lollapalooza is over.  Lori Lightfoot, if you're reading this, please ban.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1085 on: August 05, 2019, 12:06:03 AM »

My microeconomics class that I took at my old community college just ended. I had really been freaking out over the third test in the class; I knew I didn't do very well on it and I was worried it would drag me down to a lower GPA. Turns out I got an 84% on it (much higher than the 75 or so I feared I'd gotten), but the whole test was curved, meaning that I ended up with a 96. Not only that, but my professor took me aside on the second to last day and literally told me I didn't have to show up for the final because it wasn't cumulative and she knew I understood the material. Really amazing how fast all that turned around. One day I was afraid I'd get a C on the test and a B-something in the class; now I've got a guaranteed A and four weeks off. Hallelujah.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1086 on: August 05, 2019, 05:04:52 PM »

in the town I work in there is a billboard on the side of the interstate that says "Trump 2020 Keep America Great"and all I could think was that it might as well say "Sheeple: vote for big gov's two party Illuminati candidates instead of John Galt (aka McAfee) 2020"
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1087 on: August 05, 2019, 07:33:07 PM »

5 straight days of flying are over. The new concourse @ LGA B is so nice.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1088 on: August 08, 2019, 01:50:50 AM »

I came out as non-binary to my fiancee tonight. It's something that I've known forever without really knowing it. I never felt comfortable embracing any sort of masculine identity, but accepted he/him simply because it was easier and less socially awkward than changing pronouns and identity. I just embraced me as me and thought very little of masculine gender labels, except that they oddly made me feel a uncomfortable.

So, this is something that doesn't, overall, change much for me on a daily basis. I'm not "coming out" to anyone else or asking anyone to refer to me as they/them, aside from my fiancee and anyone on here, if they can remember to do so. I feel a lot more comfortable with myself and my fiancee has been so supportive, which helps a lot.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1089 on: August 09, 2019, 05:08:39 AM »

Hit a tennis ball with a tennis racket for possibly the first time yesterday and I now find it dominating my thoughts. Incensed that, while "batting cages" area  thing, they don't seem to be so for tennis. Also, the cheapest racket at Meijer was like $14.99, so I might sit this out 'till payday since I'm incredibly cheap.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1090 on: August 09, 2019, 07:22:34 AM »

Never drinking again
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1091 on: August 09, 2019, 08:47:50 AM »

I hope you are only talking about Alcohol and similar things, and not about drinking in general. You need to drink Water to survive, after all.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #1092 on: August 09, 2019, 02:19:33 PM »

TGV was an hour late because some idiot's cow managed to crap up the entire east of France's train network this afternoon. So now I have an 90 minutes of joy in the delight that is Gare Montparnasse and won't even get to Rennes until half past midnight.

Ama, but especially about how France needs to man up and start acting like a 21st century country
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1093 on: August 09, 2019, 03:05:32 PM »

I said the same thing two weeks ago but guess what i'm doing tonight.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1094 on: August 09, 2019, 03:12:03 PM »

I said the same thing two weeks ago but guess what i'm doing tonight.

Have fun.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1095 on: August 09, 2019, 05:09:10 PM »

Hit a tennis ball with a tennis racket for possibly the first time yesterday and I now find it dominating my thoughts. Incensed that, while "batting cages" area  thing, they don't seem to be so for tennis. Also, the cheapest racket at Meijer was like $14.99, so I might sit this out 'till payday since I'm incredibly cheap.

My town has a big concrete wall you can play against. Really and large flat surface on level ground  will do. Go find a warehouse.

That’s f#cking beautiful, thanks man.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1096 on: August 09, 2019, 05:58:24 PM »

Eating dinner @ classified, United's invitation-only restaurant at EWR. Because why not have lobster at an airport. Might go for oysters too.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1097 on: August 09, 2019, 08:05:11 PM »

I met Marco Rubio tonight
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1098 on: August 09, 2019, 10:09:12 PM »

Was it in a bathhouse?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1099 on: August 10, 2019, 06:25:02 AM »

Hit a tennis ball with a tennis racket for possibly the first time yesterday and I now find it dominating my thoughts. Incensed that, while "batting cages" area  thing, they don't seem to be so for tennis. Also, the cheapest racket at Meijer was like $14.99, so I might sit this out 'till payday since I'm incredibly cheap.

My town has a big concrete wall you can play against. Really and large flat surface on level ground  will do. Go find a warehouse.

That’s f#cking beautiful, thanks man.

I've always wanted to build out a sort of Tinder for tennis (and possibly basketball as well). Much like Tinder's intended use, tennis is really not the same by yourself. Such an app actually exists in a few forms but are either stuck in development or poorly realized.

While tempting, I’m afraid that this, too, would exist primarily to be deleted out of frustration every few months.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies