The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:49:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 172832 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: March 14, 2021, 06:26:56 AM »

If, for example, you say that Ayatollah Kohmeini was better than Saddam Hussein, certain people on this forum will go after you for being a Shia theocrat.    For whatever reason their minds have trouble thinking in relative terms.

They're all evil pieces of s**t.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #851 on: March 14, 2021, 06:14:58 PM »

What if there was no George Floyd but COVID or vise versa?

The two are related.  Without COVID, you wouldn't have tens of millions of Americans sitting idle, binging 16 hours of cable news/social media every day, not able to go out and do the things that normally keep them occupied (i.e., work, school, church, gym, visiting family, going to restaurants/bars, etc.)  That sort of society-wide lethargy is a powder keg for unrest.  The George Floyd protests were so huge mostly because of the COVID lockdowns.

COVID was the most animating event of the past twenty years, and it wasn't even a singular event - it was (and is continuing) to get rehashed day-in-and-day-out by a rent-seeking public health intelligentsia helped by their friends in a profit-maximizing media industry.  You can't separate anything that has happened since March 2020 from its omnipresence.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #852 on: March 14, 2021, 06:30:58 PM »

The two are related.  Without COVID, you wouldn't have tens of millions of Americans sitting idle, binging 16 hours of cable news/social media every day, not able to go out and do the things that normally keep them occupied (i.e., work, school, church, gym, visiting family, going to restaurants/bars, etc.)  That sort of society-wide lethargy is a powder keg for unrest.  The George Floyd protests were so huge mostly because of the COVID lockdowns.

COVID was the most animating event of the past twenty years, and it wasn't even a singular event - it was (and is continuing) to get rehashed day-in-and-day-out by a rent-seeking public health intelligentsia helped by their friends in a profit-maximizing media industry.  You can't separate anything that has happened since March 2020 from its omnipresence.

Del Taco has a very limited or non-existent grasp of how most Americans live. Which is kinda a foundational aspect of conservatism.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #853 on: March 14, 2021, 06:38:22 PM »

Del Taco has a very limited or non-existent grasp of how most Americans live. Which is kinda a foundational aspect of conservatism.
I think he has a point, though, in that last summer, the BLM protests were basically the only thing going on, so they got a ton of attention. There were NBA players that objected to restarting their season because they were concerned it would take attention off the protests, which corroborates this. I’ll ignore your dig at my ideology to say that.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #854 on: March 14, 2021, 06:40:05 PM »

I think he has a point, though, in that last summer, the BLM protests were basically the only thing going on, so they got a ton of attention. There were NBA players that objected to restarting their season because they were concerned it would take attention off the protests, which corroborates this. I’ll ignore your dig at my ideology to say that.

I think Del Taco's post is pretty bad, but I do agree here. No COVID means no George Floyd murder for butterfly reasons, but COVID lockdowns were part of the reasons the protests were so big.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #855 on: March 14, 2021, 06:55:52 PM »

I think Del Taco's post is pretty bad, but I do agree here. No COVID means no George Floyd murder for butterfly reasons, but COVID lockdowns were part of the reasons the protests were so big.

Yes, the first part of his post about Covid leaving people with nothing to do but protest was correct. The second part about the evil liberal elite conspiracy, not so much.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #856 on: March 14, 2021, 08:08:06 PM »

Yes, the first part of his post about Covid leaving people with nothing to do but protest was correct. The second part about the evil liberal elite conspiracy, not so much.

Yeah I should've clarified, the second part is the reason I put it in this thread.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #857 on: March 15, 2021, 02:34:13 AM »

NewYorkExpress is underrated as far as all-around strange posters go

No one, because he'll dissolve Congress, sack his Vice President and rule alone as a dime store Adolf Hitler (genocide against minority groups included for a small fee.)

Lee Harvey Oswald, with the full knowledge and support of Vice President Lyndon Baines Johnson. (LBJ really wanted to be a historically great President, and wasn't above using a martyred JFK to get there.)

YE (I can't in good conscience vote against a moderator).

However, we need a maximum voting age (largely because disenfranchising old people can only benefit Democrats).

I'll go as far as to say that if Cuomo is the Democratic nominee in 2022, this race is Safe R.

This is precisely why the First Amendment needs to go.

Harris (or anyone to the right of The Squad) is going to be railroaded into selecting AOC/Pressley/Tliab if she gets the nomination to be VP.

The only good solution would be wiping Moscow off the map.

if your standards for "horrible human being" are "cheated on your wife" than about 85% of the male population are horrible human beings.

And I don't agree with Senator Sanders. We need to ban gun manufacturing here, and sanction countries who do manufacture guns.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #858 on: March 15, 2021, 02:42:15 AM »

No one, because he'll dissolve Congress, sack his Vice President and rule alone as a dime store Adolf Hitler (genocide against minority groups included for a small fee.)

Lee Harvey Oswald, with the full knowledge and support of Vice President Lyndon Baines Johnson. (LBJ really wanted to be a historically great President, and wasn't above using a martyred JFK to get there.)

However, we need a maximum voting age (largely because disenfranchising old people can only benefit Democrats).

I'll go as far as to say that if Cuomo is the Democratic nominee in 2022, this race is Safe R.

Harris (or anyone to the right of The Squad) is going to be railroaded into selecting AOC/Pressley/Tliab if she gets the nomination to be VP.

if your standards for "horrible human being" are "cheated on your wife" than about 85% of the male population are horrible human beings.

And I don't agree with Senator Sanders. We need to ban gun manufacturing here, and sanction countries who do manufacture guns.

My all time favorite prediction of his was in 2014 when he predicted that Mary Landrieu would lose the Louisiana Senate runoff, but also predicted that she would lose every parish except Orleans Parish...and yet he also predicted she'd win it by enough and come close in the rest that she'd only lose it by 51-49.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #859 on: March 15, 2021, 03:30:02 AM »

My all time favorite prediction of his was in 2014 when he predicted that Mary Landrieu would lose the Louisiana Senate runoff, but also predicted that she would lose every parish except Orleans Parish...and yet he also predicted she'd win it by enough and come close in the rest that she'd only lose it by 51-49.

Hey, I got the part about Landrieu losing right!
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #860 on: March 15, 2021, 03:40:38 AM »

Glorious S019ist Thought is quickly becoming popular with the kids.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #861 on: March 15, 2021, 05:26:31 AM »

I find it interesting that arguably the most auth poster on Atlas isn't particularly "extreme" in a far-right far-left sense. He's not a communist or something, he's just a Democrat who believes that disagreement means death. Very strange.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #862 on: March 15, 2021, 10:58:59 AM »

It is not a conspiracy to believe the public health community will juice and prolong the existence of an "emergency" to benefit their own relevance, or that the news media is always going to produce maximum panic to garner more clicks/views.  These two perfectly logical, self-interested behaviors worked in tandem beautifully over the past year to irrevocably upend American life as we know it.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #863 on: March 15, 2021, 12:22:16 PM »

It is not a conspiracy to believe the public health community will juice and prolong the existence of an "emergency" to benefit their own relevance, or that the news media is always going to produce maximum panic to garner more clicks/views.  These two perfectly logical, self-interested behaviors worked in tandem beautifully over the past year to irrevocably upend American life as we know it.

Thanks for posting into the thread!
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #864 on: March 15, 2021, 12:40:35 PM »

I think you are probably aware that I am one of the most sceptical red avatars of the ‘the more restrictions, the better’ orthodoxy, but I have noticed that you frequently try to tie in all of the US’s ills with your spiel about the ‘decadent’ liberal, bicoastal cultural and academic elite, which I would say is more than a little conspiratorial.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #865 on: March 15, 2021, 01:26:41 PM »

If there's any conspiracy among the health community, it's the profit motive which is allowed to run rampant by your own party.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #866 on: March 15, 2021, 01:42:16 PM »

I think you are probably aware that I am one of the most sceptical red avatars of the ‘the more restrictions, the better’ orthodoxy, but I have noticed that you frequently try to tie in all of the US’s ills with your spiel about the ‘decadent’ liberal, bicoastal cultural and academic elite, which I would say is more than a little conspiratorial.

It's not conspiratorial because it requires no conspiracy.  It is very apparent to anyone with half-a-brain how the economic/political incentives at play motivate the public health community and news media to behave during an unprecedented global pandemic.  Dismissing this reality as "conspiratorial" is only backward justification for elite control of our most powerful institutions (i.e., corporate media, government, tech companies, universities) and the impenetrable, credentialist system that supports it. 
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #867 on: March 15, 2021, 01:48:11 PM »

It's not conspiratorial because it requires no conspiracy.  It is very apparent to anyone with half-a-brain how the economic/political incentives at play motivate the public health community and news media to behave during an unprecedented global pandemic.  Dismissing this reality as "conspiratorial" is only backward justification for elite control of our most powerful institutions (i.e., corporate media, government, tech companies, universities) and the impenetrable, credentialist system that supports it. 

So are you suggesting that COVID isn't a crisis? I'm confused at your logic given you keep repeating absurd talking points with little support and also this unusual fixation on railing against "the elite" (whoever that is).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #868 on: March 15, 2021, 05:58:49 PM »

Do you think that maybe most of the dislocation of the last year came from, oh, I don't know, the covid virus itself?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #869 on: March 15, 2021, 10:52:11 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2021, 10:55:16 PM by Del Tachi »

If there's any conspiracy among the health community, it's the profit motive which is allowed to run rampant by your own party.
Yawn.  Invent something new already.  And your whole point is just dumb...it's public health.  We're talking about literal government employees or social scientists who get their research funded by tax dollars, lol.

Do you think that maybe most of the dislocation of the last year came from, oh, I don't know, the covid virus itself?
No, what a silly idea.  Microscopic viruses with 1% mortality rates don't close borders, halt "non-essential" activity like schooling, contribute to mass layoffs, overdose deaths and suicides, or otherwise push tens of millions of American lives over the cliff into financial and personal ruin on their own.  That was a decision policymakers made for us.  Death and disease have been inescapable fixtures of life since the very beginning of all time, it is only in the last year that we started acting as if it had never happened before lol       
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #870 on: March 15, 2021, 11:01:59 PM »

Republicans are truly irredeemable trash. Jesus... failed social policy after another, and then blame the government they were in control of for why the results were atrocious. That's their playbook - govern poorly, or obstruct, then say it's because government can't work. And one idiotic half of this country will lap it up.

Half a million dead, but how would we live with ourselves if we'd made Home Depot close? sh**thole country.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #871 on: March 16, 2021, 01:30:29 AM »

For the love of God, he wasn’t at a camp where extermination was taking place, what was he supposed to do? He was 18, his brain wasn’t even fully developed yet, and theirs no proof this person actually made a conscious, willing choice to participate in the Holocaust.
The SS was a volunteer organization.

Maybe on paper.

No it literally was a volunteer organization, why would they want people who weren't fully committed to the Nazi ideology for the SS.

Because someone had to guard the camps?
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #872 on: March 16, 2021, 01:52:08 PM »

Republicans are truly irredeemable trash. Jesus... failed social policy after another, and then blame the government they were in control of for why the results were atrocious. That's their playbook - govern poorly, or obstruct, then say it's because government can't work. And one idiotic half of this country will lap it up.

Half a million dead, but how would we live with ourselves if we'd made Home Depot close? sh**thole country.
I think all the blue avatars get the point by now that we, and the half of the country that calls themselves Republicans, are all stupid, despicable and morally bankrupt scum and you hate all of us. You can stop now.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #873 on: March 16, 2021, 02:13:13 PM »

I think all the blue avatars get the point by now that we, and the half of the country that calls themselves Republicans, are all stupid, despicable and morally bankrupt scum and you hate all of us. You can stop now.

I wouldn't have to keep making the point if y'all didn't keep providing material to prove it.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #874 on: March 16, 2021, 05:44:40 PM »

You have a Mitch McConnell quote in your sig. I think it's a message you probably need to hear a few more times to really get.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies