Nazi prison guard living in Tennessee gets deported
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 10:46:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nazi prison guard living in Tennessee gets deported
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Nazi prison guard living in Tennessee gets deported  (Read 7629 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2021, 09:06:07 PM »

If a Nazi prison guard moved into my neighborhood, I’d probably attack him even if he’s close to one hundred years old.

Because people can’t change, right?

It’s funny how left-wingers often preach about 2nd chances and rehabilitation, but don’t take it seriously.

It’s funny how your desire to own the “left-wing” on every imaginable issue has led you to this point. You can believe in rehabilitation for criminals without believing that the perpetrators of the ing Holocaust should go unpunished. Obviously. This is just making you look silly.

Whether this man- or anyone else- should be punished is up to God. Not me, not you, not the courts, not Germany, God and God only.

Okay, I'm going to bite, what if the courts or someone who would be punishing them don't believe in God. Another example would be atheists, they don't believe in God, so according to you, they'd never be punished??? Besides the idea that we should bring religion into how we handle justice is absurd.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2021, 09:17:46 PM »

If a Nazi prison guard moved into my neighborhood, I’d probably attack him even if he’s close to one hundred years old.

Because people can’t change, right?

It’s funny how left-wingers often preach about 2nd chances and rehabilitation, but don’t take it seriously.

It’s funny how your desire to own the “left-wing” on every imaginable issue has led you to this point. You can believe in rehabilitation for criminals without believing that the perpetrators of the ing Holocaust should go unpunished. Obviously. This is just making you look silly.

Whether this man- or anyone else- should be punished is up to God. Not me, not you, not the courts, not Germany, God and God only.

Ok, cool story. You can enjoy your thoughts of holy anarchy all you want, but the rest of the world is not going to go along with it. We have courts, we have laws, and those who break them are punished.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2021, 09:27:01 PM »

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2021, 09:41:57 PM »

I'm a Christian and I endorse it.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2021, 09:50:40 PM »

And I'm a Jew so I doubly endorse it.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2021, 10:19:13 PM »

Between this and the Pinchot thread it’s kinda obvious TheReckoning is a crypto-fascist if not an outright one
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2021, 10:31:53 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2021, 09:10:03 AM by Hindsight was 2020 »

Between this and the Pinchot thread it’s kinda obvious TheReckoning is a crypto-fascist if not an outright one

I’m a crypto-fascist for saying that Pinochet was better than Stalin and Mao, and that prison should only be for people who are threats to others?
No because you were using the example of Pinochet vs Stalin/Mao to argue it’s better to live under a fascist government vs a communist one even though there are plenty of examples of communist leaders like Castro or Tito who we’re tamer than Pinochet let alone Stalin or Mao  Then throw in the fact you’re jumping through ridiculous academic/philosophical hops on the ideas of Justice and morality to just defend a nazi war criminal and it paints a clear picture of were your sympathies are
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2021, 02:41:50 PM »

What does that accomplish exactly? They will not escape God’s punishment. Who cares if they escape ours, as long as they are not harming anyone in the process?

Every single one of us who has to live in reality.

It literally doesn’t effect any of us if this 95 year old is living outside of prison, other than “it doesn’t fit my preconceived notion of justice.”

Weird how you Republicans only seem to care about rehabilitative justice when it's a Nazi.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2021, 02:50:27 PM »

What does that accomplish exactly? They will not escape God’s punishment. Who cares if they escape ours, as long as they are not harming anyone in the process?

Every single one of us who has to live in reality.

It literally doesn’t effect any of us if this 95 year old is living outside of prison, other than “it doesn’t fit my preconceived notion of justice.”

Weird how you Republicans only seem to care about rehabilitative justice when it's a Nazi.

Who said I’m a Republican?

Your avatar?
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2021, 03:20:42 PM »

For the love of God, he wasn’t at a camp where extermination was taking place, what was he supposed to do? He was 18, his brain wasn’t even fully developed yet, and theirs no proof this person actually made a conscious, willing choice to participate in the Holocaust.
The SS was a volunteer organization. And unless you're contending that nobody can be responsible for criminal activity until 25, his age does not absolve him of his actions. Neither does the fact that he served in what was "merely" an inhumane concentration camp where thousands were killed, rather than an extermination camp where people were taken to be systematically killed.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2021, 03:30:04 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2021, 03:44:32 PM by You Code 16 bits- What do you get? »

For the love of God, he wasn’t at a camp where extermination was taking place, what was he supposed to do? He was 18, his brain wasn’t even fully developed yet, and theirs no proof this person actually made a conscious, willing choice to participate in the Holocaust.
The SS was a volunteer organization.

Maybe on paper.

No it literally was a volunteer organization, why would they want people who weren't fully committed to the Nazi ideology for the SS?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2021, 03:42:58 PM »

Maybe on paper.

No it literally was a volunteer organization, why would they want people who weren't fully committed to the Nazi ideology for the SS.

Because someone had to guard the camps?

You clearly don't have any idea what you're talking about. Get offline and open and book and stop trying to argue about the SS and the Holocaust.
Camiadus
United States
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2021, 03:44:33 PM »

Maybe on paper.

No it literally was a volunteer organization, why would they want people who weren't fully committed to the Nazi ideology for the SS.

You do realize that the guards and personnel of Meppen were charged and found guilty of war-crimes for both ill-treatment and murder of POWs right? Berger, if absolutely nothing else aside, admitted freely that he helped facilitate the murder of at least 70 innocent people when the guards forcibly relocated them during the end of the war.

Just because he managed to escape justice for the better part of a century doesn't mean that he shouldn't at least be held to account for being assisting in mass murder, for which a number of his co-conspirators were already convicted of decades ago. This is a crime that we absolutely know he's guilty of, he admitted as such, and has never shown any remorse for. Old age is no reason to abdicate justice, even if it's been delayed so long.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2021, 03:52:56 PM »

Imagine having 800 posts on Atlas and over 30 of them are defending a Nazi.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2021, 04:07:31 PM »

There were far FAR more cases of SS guards at concentration camps being disciplined for being too brutal to prisoners (the fact that there were Nazis who even thought such a thing was possible itself is pretty telling to what they were like) than for refusing extermination orders. The Nazis made very sure that no one besides total true believers were assigned to the camps, and the SS was an all volunteer unit.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2021, 04:08:06 PM »

For the love of ing God, actions made 75 years ago do not define a person today!!!

Damn, guys, if only Charles Manson could have made it to 75 years past his last murder.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2021, 04:11:52 PM »

The fact that thereckoning feels such a emotional need to defend this guy should give us some major hints at where his loyalties are at
Camiadus
United States
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2021, 04:19:40 PM »

Maybe on paper.

You do realize that the guards and personnel of Meppen were charged and found guilty of war-crimes for both ill-treatment and murder of POWs right? Berger, if absolutely nothing else aside, admitted freely that he helped facilitate the murder of at least 70 innocent people when the guards forcibly relocated them during the end of the war.

Just because he managed to escape justice for the better part of a century doesn't mean that he shouldn't at least be held to account for being assisting in mass murder, for which a number of his co-conspirators were already convicted of decades ago. This is a crime that we absolutely know he's guilty of, he admitted as such, and has never shown any remorse for. Old age is no reason to abdicate justice, even if it's been delayed so long.

I have made it very clear that God will hold him accountable to his actions in life. Whether or not the state should take action depends on if it would be towards the safety of society. This 95 year old man is not a threat to anyone.

Why are you so adamant in your conviction that this isn't God holding him accountable for his actions in life? He's finally beginning to be held accountable for the actions that he's responsible for by a court of law within a system of justice.

By the standards of my faith, since your own that seems to be a last measure of desperation to hide behind to defend this Nazi, that is exactly what people are supposed to do. Establish courts of justice and hold people accountable to them to govern ourselves. Which is exactly what has and is happening here.

That he's 95 years old just means that he'll serve a much shorter sentence (if he were to even serve any at all) than he deserves. He's getting off about as lightly as it's possible to imagine given the situation.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2021, 04:38:40 PM »

Putting a statute of limitations on genocide is an idiotic idea.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2021, 04:38:44 PM »

“He did something 75 years ago” isn’t proof.

According to you, The Holocaust is people "doing something 75 years ago??" I take back what I said earlier about you obviously not being a Nazi. I don't know what you are politically, but you're f**king disgusting. Do us all a favor and delete your account.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2021, 04:38:58 PM »

Maybe on paper.

I have made it very clear that God will hold him accountable to his actions in life. Whether or not the state should take action depends on if it would be towards the safety of society. This 95 year old man is not a threat to anyone.

Human governments responsible to citizens of multiple faiths cannot suspend their justice systems in deference to The Almighty.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2021, 04:40:58 PM »

Hey y'all, the Nazi's posts & the views that evidently underlie them are so obviously reprehensible, yes, but 7 pages of this endless back-&-forth between reality & whatever-f**king-world-the-Nazi-is-living-in clearly doesn't seem to be getting us anywhere. Maybe - just maybe - stop feeding the Nazi & giving them the attention that they clearly so desperately desire?

Just a thought.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2021, 04:41:49 PM »

Also Ronald Reagan
Camiadus
United States
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2021, 04:42:53 PM »

No you have not. Even if everyone here believed in God, you have no right to speak for Him.

One's impact on society is greater than their ability to personally kill. Fascists donate to, recruit, and motivate others. Our society is made safer by informing modern fascists that hiding out long enough will not prevent them from facing consequences of their horrendous crimes.

I feel threatened by the thought of my society not punishing this man and safer because he is being sent away, for the same reason I wouldn't want to share my neighborhood with a geriatric Jack the Ripper or send my kids to school with the grandkids of a wheelchair bound David Duke.

First of all, being a fascist isn’t illegal, and second of all, there’s no proof this man is currently a fascist.

And you seriously want to hold grandchildren accountable to the actions of their grandparents? Really?

Being a former Nazi officer apparently is in the United States. That's why this filth is being deported.

And of course not. But I don't want my children going on playdates to a house with a Nazi in it. I don't want Nazi ideology near my children. I don't want Nazis near me. Nazis want me and my children dead. I wouldn't want me or my family exposed to a pedophile either, even if some religious nut decided him being too weak to molest them anymore meant all was hunky dory.

For the love of God, there is no proof this man is a Nazi. 75 years is a long time.

How about the fact that he's a literal Nazi. He never left. He never renounced it. For God's sake this filth has been collecting a pension for service AS a Nazi for decades. You literally cannot be more of a Nazi then a member of the SS unless your name is Himmler, Hitler, or Goebbels. That you are incapable of understanding that being a Nazi does, in fact, make you a Nazi is the only incredulous thing here.

If you're so adamant he wasn't a Nazi, prove it. Put your money where your mouth is and verifiably prove that Friedrich Berger isn't a Nazi for all of us to see.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2021, 04:53:12 PM »

TheReckoning is probably one of those people who got into a moral panic about Inglorious Basterds.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies