Pennsylvania 2010 - The Official Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 10:22:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pennsylvania 2010 - The Official Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 45
Author Topic: Pennsylvania 2010 - The Official Thread  (Read 115991 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: May 05, 2009, 02:42:37 PM »

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/05/poll-ridge-leads-toomey-in-2010-pennsylvania-senate-primary----by-a-landslide.php#more

name rec but still
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #676 on: May 05, 2009, 02:46:52 PM »

By the way, now that people like Dean and Carville are telling Specter to "shape up" or he'll get a primary challenge, is it safe to say that the Democratic party hates "moderates?"

Are we supposed to address that seriously?

When did Howard Dean say that? Or is "people like Howard Dean" supposed to cover whoever it was that actually did?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #677 on: May 05, 2009, 02:47:58 PM »

That is pretty god-awful news for Toomey. Even if it's name rec, it upturns the idea that pro-choice views are a killer among the rump Pennsylvania GOP.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #678 on: May 05, 2009, 02:51:55 PM »

No no no no no.  This is not "pro-choice guy vs. pro-life Toomey" and it should not be framed like that

A name rec poll works like this "Successful former governor vs. guy you've never heard of"

ALSO:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/05/specter-meets-with-labor_n_196726.html

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #679 on: May 05, 2009, 04:00:17 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2009, 04:02:50 PM by Lunar »

Ok, I'm done with this clown now.  I gave him a chance, but he's going out of his way to be about as much of a jackass as possible without even pretending to be liberal on a single issue.  What is the point of this?  Nothing is accomplished.  I agree with the NRSC.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/05/specter-wants-coleman-to-win-in-minnesota.php

Memo to Sen. Arlen Specter (RD-PA): You're supposed to be a Democrat now.

In an interview with the New York Times, Specter stated in no uncertain terms that he wants Norm Coleman to win the disputed Minnesota Senate race: "There's still time for the Minnesota courts to do justice and declare Norm Coleman the winner."

So what exactly are the Dems getting out of this whole deal?

Late Update: NRSC press secretary Amber Wilkerson gives us this comment: "First he voted against President Obama's budget, then he said he wouldn't be a loyal Democrat, now he wants Norm Coleman to win. We've never agreed so much with Arlen Specter. You just have to wonder whether Joe Sestak agrees with the positions of his fellow Pennsylvania Democrat?"
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #680 on: May 05, 2009, 04:01:24 PM »

PARTY SWITCHIN - YER DOIN IT WRONG
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #681 on: May 05, 2009, 04:11:36 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2009, 04:16:16 PM by Lunar »

I am stating this for the record: Kos will become a FF if he does to Arlen Specter what he did to Joe Lieberman.

"Keep it up Arlen, your Joe Lieberman impersonation is so spot-on, that we can't wait to take you on in the Democratic primary...But seriously, his arrogance is overwhelming, his obvious dislike for Democrats palpable. He's clearly telling us, "I switched to avoid Toomey, not deal with you fucks." And since Obama has clearly promised him support, come hell or high water (no matter how he little support or loyalty he delivers in return), he feels like he can shit on anyone with impunity.

Personally, I don't want Specter around in 2011. So I want him to keep shitting on Dems, I want him to keep opposing EFCA and Obama's health care reform initiative, I want him to keep pretending that he's god's gift to the Senate. Because unlike Connecticut, there's no sore-loser option if he gets knocked off in the primary. And I'll take a real Democrat in that seat over that unprincipled turd of a man that is Specter.

So Arlen, please keep it up."  - Markos today after reading Specter's comments on Coleman.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #682 on: May 05, 2009, 04:16:21 PM »

Ok, I'm done with this clown now.  I gave him a chance, but he's going out of his way to be about as much of a jackass as possible without even pretending to be liberal on a single issue.  What is the point of this?  Nothing is accomplished.  I agree with the NRSC.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/05/specter-wants-coleman-to-win-in-minnesota.php

Memo to Sen. Arlen Specter (RD-PA): You're supposed to be a Democrat now.

In an interview with the New York Times, Specter stated in no uncertain terms that he wants Norm Coleman to win the disputed Minnesota Senate race: "There's still time for the Minnesota courts to do justice and declare Norm Coleman the winner."

So what exactly are the Dems getting out of this whole deal?

Late Update: NRSC press secretary Amber Wilkerson gives us this comment: "First he voted against President Obama's budget, then he said he wouldn't be a loyal Democrat, now he wants Norm Coleman to win. We've never agreed so much with Arlen Specter. You just have to wonder whether Joe Sestak agrees with the positions of his fellow Pennsylvania Democrat?"

Seriously, does this guy have a political death wish or what?

I mean forget the Democratic Party. What's the upside for him personally in making that kind of statement?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #683 on: May 05, 2009, 04:20:19 PM »

keeping up the tpm links since I'm lazy

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/05/afl-cio-its-not-about-the-establishment-its-about-the-issues.php

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #684 on: May 05, 2009, 05:03:54 PM »

Ok, the poll posted earlier was commissioned by one of our national committeepeople who is strongly pro Ridge. It's a total joke poll. Ridge leading Specter by seven this early? Give me a break.

Secondly, huge LOL @ Arlen for his Coleman statements. Maybe you guys are finally realizing...

By the way, now that people like Dean and Carville are telling Specter to "shape up" or he'll get a primary challenge, is it safe to say that the Democratic party hates "moderates?"

Are we supposed to address that seriously?

Uh, yeah, but you obviously won't. I love your double standards.

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #685 on: May 05, 2009, 05:07:10 PM »

Like I said in my Individual Politics thread, this is bizarre because he only acts like a partisan during primaries, but this is the first time in his life he's acted like a partisan for the other side during a primary...

What does he gain?  Is he senile or was that a slip of the tongue?  No gain, no gain.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #686 on: May 05, 2009, 05:09:43 PM »

He doesn't gain anything. The man has clearly lost it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #687 on: May 05, 2009, 05:12:39 PM »

Sort of Specter supporting friend via text: "Hahahahaha. He's lost it!"
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #688 on: May 05, 2009, 05:15:42 PM »

shout-out to my ignored Murtha thread for people interested in PA:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=95696.0
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #689 on: May 05, 2009, 05:26:03 PM »

He thinks Coleman should be seated?

him. I don't care if he switches to support EFCA or votes 100% with Obama from now on or punches Mitch McConnell in the face.  him. He's as bad as the Lieberman, and Sestak better run against him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #690 on: May 05, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »

This will probably be the best campaign of my life thus far.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #691 on: May 05, 2009, 05:28:46 PM »

This will probably be the best campaign of my life thus far.

If Ridge and Sestak enter the race, it will the best for all the political junkies in the country.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #692 on: May 05, 2009, 05:39:33 PM »

Go Sestak!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #693 on: May 05, 2009, 05:44:36 PM »

And now he regrets voting against Sessions who was rejected because his alleged segregationist views, hmmm...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/22131.html

Sen. Arlen Specter said Tuesday he regrets his vote against Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) two decades ago that helped kill his nomination to the federal bench.

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #694 on: May 05, 2009, 05:46:06 PM »

PARTY SWITCHIN - YER DOIN IT WRONG

^^^^
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #695 on: May 05, 2009, 05:46:31 PM »

It's like he's trying to lose the nomination, seriously. He should have just run as an independent.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #696 on: May 05, 2009, 06:03:44 PM »

Ugh, if Arlen loses his primary, how's he going to vote for the six months until January?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #697 on: May 05, 2009, 06:15:52 PM »

Arlen supporters are pushing that Specter was making a joke.  This is unlikely because the people that did the interview, the NYT, are headlining the answer, and Arlen doesn't have that kind of humor

here's the interview:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/10/magazine/10wwln-q4-t.html?_r=1&ref=magazine
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #698 on: May 05, 2009, 06:37:32 PM »

There is no way that was a joke.

What would happen if Specter were to lose the primary?  Would Toomey have a greater chance at winning in the general if Specter were to win?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #699 on: May 05, 2009, 06:38:29 PM »

or maybe he is that funny?  Here he is doing improv:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIFJygPvsTg

"Trent Lott was really despondent after the Hurricane hit. He had a lot of property damage but the thing he was most concerned about was that it destroyed his entire library. Both books. And Trent wasn't even finished coloring one of them."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies