The Examiner: Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:30:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 194688 times)
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: December 13, 2009, 01:46:54 PM »

Well, in my opinion, a Zombie is someone who never runs for any office; never runs any kind of business (polling, news etc.); never hold office; and pretty much never contributes to debate.

Damn, I have never hold office.

I'm a Zombie? Cry
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1826 on: December 13, 2009, 01:47:50 PM »

This isn't meant as a slam but what have jokerman, Rob, Sensei, Mart, CultureKing, Ogre Mage, realisticidealist, BRTD, Boris, xavier110, or Eraserhead contributed in the last six months that ARC members haven't? I'm not seeing it.

Made worthwhile contributions to the forum.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #1827 on: December 13, 2009, 01:49:16 PM »

Even if that is true, how is that at all relevant to Atlasia?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1828 on: December 13, 2009, 01:50:25 PM »

Well, in my opinion, a Zombie is someone who never runs for any office; never runs any kind of business (polling, news etc.); never hold office; and pretty much never contributes to debate.

Damn, I have never hold office.

I'm a Zombie? Cry

No, because you've run for office, and always contribute to discussions.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1829 on: December 13, 2009, 01:52:04 PM »

This isn't meant as a slam but what have jokerman, Rob, Sensei, Mart, CultureKing, Ogre Mage, realisticidealist, BRTD, Boris, xavier110, or Eraserhead contributed in the last six months that ARC members haven't? I'm not seeing it.

Any anti-zombie actions must and will be a two-way street, as I've repeated countless times.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1830 on: December 13, 2009, 01:53:19 PM »

Something should be done about zombie reform, but I fear someone will always find a way to game the system, especially someone as crafty as Hamilton.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #1831 on: December 13, 2009, 01:54:52 PM »

There's only so many offices to run for and only so much "polling, news, etc" that can be done without the board getting annoying, cluttered and pointless. I can understand the debate argument but really, this is a game. A lot of people just find the voting aspect to be fun or don't have much time outside of that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

My point exactly.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1832 on: December 13, 2009, 01:55:29 PM »

Something should be done about zombie reform, but I fear someone will always find a way to game the system, especially someone as crafty as Hamilton.

It's refreshing to finally have some RPP support for zombie reform, if it's genuine.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1833 on: December 13, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »

It's refreshing to finally have some RPP support for zombie reform, if it's genuine.
I for one have always supported it and made mention to be willing to help you with any reform.  This election is certainly an eye opener.  The game should not be about who can spend the most time having no life and monitoring the Who's Online
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #1834 on: December 13, 2009, 02:00:02 PM »

As if you never PM anyone. Give it a rest down, every party is 'guilty' of 'zombies.'
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #1835 on: December 13, 2009, 02:00:51 PM »

Obviously there's a double standard at play in regards to who's a zombie and who isn't. That's just one of the integral parts of the game.

I for one have always supported it and made mention to be willing to help you with any reform.  This election is certainly an eye opener.  The game should not be about who can spend the most time having no life and monitoring the Who's Online

Dude, nobody believes you.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #1836 on: December 13, 2009, 02:01:12 PM »

As if you never PM anyone. Give it a rest down, every party is 'guilty' of 'zombies.'

Not the DA or the LNF.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #1837 on: December 13, 2009, 02:01:21 PM »

The idea, of course, being that the JCP wants to exclude all newcomers from the game, to preserve the power structure of their insular little clique and never have to cede it to anyone from outside that grouping.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #1838 on: December 13, 2009, 02:01:34 PM »

We have have copies on file of every voter you've contacted down. If you want to play that game we can retaliate. Have fun.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1839 on: December 13, 2009, 02:20:13 PM »

Well realistic idealist is a former Senator. Not sure on the others.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1840 on: December 13, 2009, 02:21:01 PM »

Coming from Duke, I believe it's genuine.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1841 on: December 13, 2009, 02:22:31 PM »

The HAEV will hopefully be creating party-blind guidelines, confirmed by the Senate you will likely be a part of. You will have a say on what exactly the guidelines are. The point is that such differences do not exist in many cases and so a clear and objective criteria must be formed and acted on that attacks zombies, not parties. The Senate is incapable of focusing on the issue the way the HAEV will be able to, not just because of politics, but also because it would be a drain on the Senate's time and would hyper-politicize the office to an extent not even imaginable.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1842 on: December 13, 2009, 02:41:53 PM »

Coming from Duke, I believe it's genuine.

I've always been disgusted by some of the zombie games that go on. I wasn't in favor of it either when it was running rampant in the RPP, but I had little control over hamilton's actions. What we need to be careful of, and this is my only worry, is making rules that someone can game, and all it ends up doing is hurting everyone who plays by the rule, but empowering those who can find loopholes. I'm certainly genuine about it. I haven't gone through my voters list, but the only zombie voter I've attracted seems to be Torie, according to Hamilton, and I doubt many of us consider him a zombie. 
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1843 on: December 13, 2009, 02:50:42 PM »

..and also funny. How do you translate l'arroseur arrosé ?
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1844 on: December 13, 2009, 03:04:49 PM »

The idea, of course, being that the JCP wants to exclude all newcomers from the game, to preserve the power structure of their insular little clique and never have to cede it to anyone from outside that grouping.
Yes, that's pretty much what is meant by "zombie reform."
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1845 on: December 13, 2009, 03:18:20 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2009, 03:21:12 PM by Gahner Ree Haus »

Yes, that's pretty much what is meant by "zombie reform."
^^^^^^^^
This.

And I suggest that AHDuke and DWTL stop being bitchy about the fact that the voters rejected them this election. The RPP is a backwardass organization that deserves to die off, and this election is full witness to that testimony.

Also, when I was a zombie voter I was in the RPP, after that I left I actually became more involved in Atlasia. That should tell you something.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1846 on: December 13, 2009, 03:22:40 PM »

Um, you are aware that the RPP and ARC candidates have received pretty much the same number of votes, right?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1847 on: December 13, 2009, 03:24:20 PM »

Um, you are aware that the RPP and ARC candidates have received pretty much the same number of votes, right?

Yes, I'm just sick that somebody as respectable as AHDuke is coming to DWTL's defense this strongly. He would be much better served with us.
But this trend is going to continue, the end of the RPP, if they keep on stomaching characters like DWTL, RowanBrandon, Yankee, and others like them.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1848 on: December 13, 2009, 04:00:04 PM »

Yes, I'm just sick that somebody as respectable as AHDuke is coming to DWTL's defense this strongly. He would be much better served with us.
But this trend is going to continue, the end of the RPP, if they keep on stomaching characters like DWTL, RowanBrandon, Yankee, and others like them.

The RPP is done with. It has been for quite some time. The question is not whether the RPP can return to strength, but what structure will replace it. Will the ARC absorb the bulk of its membership, with residuals in the LNF and DA? Will a new Atlasian right emerge?

Should be interesting over the next few months.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -2.43

« Reply #1849 on: December 13, 2009, 04:01:12 PM »

Wait, who won?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length