Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:34:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 ... 313
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 222524 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4875 on: January 02, 2024, 08:22:43 AM »

Imagine being so pro Likud that Tim Kaine has to call you out.

If being pro-Israel automatically means you’re pro-Likud, does being pro-Palestinian automatically mean you’re pro-Hamas?  I disagree on both counts, but if we follow your line of reasoning, then the latter would seem to logically follow.

Well, it certainly foes seem like a number of people on here are pro-Likud, despite them constantly saying they are not.

Well, it certainly does seem like a number of people on here are pro-Hamas, despite them constantly saying they are not.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4876 on: January 02, 2024, 10:29:02 AM »

Very few posters on here are pro-Hamas, if you mean by that lauding the acts of October 7.

Quite a few are sympathetic to the Palestinian people, this is not the same thing however.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #4877 on: January 02, 2024, 11:40:47 AM »

Salah Al-Arouri, number 2 in Hamas, was assassinated in Beirut by an airstrike an hour ago.

Let the third Lebanon war begin...
bilaps
« Reply #4878 on: January 02, 2024, 11:51:53 AM »
« Edited: January 02, 2024, 11:55:32 AM by bilaps »

Wow, Israel really seems not worried about another front now opening up for sure. They really aren't that strong as they would want everybody to think. No lessons learned from October 7th.

Also, Israelis really don't care about their people being held as hostages. They're as good as dead.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4879 on: January 02, 2024, 12:39:21 PM »

Salah Al-Arouri, number 2 in Hamas, was assassinated in Beirut by an airstrike an hour ago.

Military wing or political wing?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4880 on: January 02, 2024, 12:41:14 PM »

Very few posters on here are pro-Hamas, if you mean by that lauding the acts of October 7.

Quite a few are sympathetic to the Palestinian people, this is not the same thing however.

The only poster I can recall expressing pro Hamas sympathies was MATTROSE and he was immediately banned. As he should've been.
bilaps
« Reply #4881 on: January 02, 2024, 12:44:39 PM »

Military wing or political wing?

Deputy chair of political wing, but de facto leader of military wing in the West Bank and maybe the closest guy to Iran in Hamas. On the eve of Soleimani's murder anniversary.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #4882 on: January 02, 2024, 01:05:32 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2024, 01:14:54 PM by DavidB. »

Wow, Israel really seems not worried about another front now opening up for sure. They really aren't that strong as they would want everybody to think. No lessons learned from October 7th.
Not a very intelligent comment. The lesson from October 7th is that the years-long appeasement of Hamas didn't work. Killing top Hamas operatives is exactly the correct lesson from October 7th.

Given the successful, top-notch execution of the operation in Gaza, there is no indication whatsoever that Israel 'isn't as strong' either.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4883 on: January 02, 2024, 01:15:21 PM »

The only poster I can recall expressing pro Hamas sympathies was MATTROSE and he was immediately banned. As he should've been.

Snowstalker was there too, but again also banned.
bilaps
« Reply #4884 on: January 02, 2024, 01:34:16 PM »

Not a very intelligent comment. The lesson from October 7th is that the years-long appeasement of Hamas didn't work. Killing top Hamas operatives is exactly the correct lesson from October 7th.

Given the successful, top-notch execution of the operation in Gaza, there is no indication whatsoever that Israel 'isn't as strong' either.

Cool story bro. Israel showed tremendous weakness on October 7th, no sane person would think otherwise, but yes appeasment of Hamas caused it, not expanding settlements in west bank and decades of policy towards Palestinians.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4885 on: January 02, 2024, 01:35:24 PM »

Snowstalker was there too, but again also banned.

He was overly enthusiastic, but I don't remember any posts that crossed the line into Hamas sympathizer territory. Still, so many were deleted that I could very well be wrong.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4886 on: January 02, 2024, 01:44:44 PM »

Cool story bro. Israel showed tremendous weakness on October 7th, no sane person would think otherwise, but yes appeasment of Hamas caused it, not expanding settlements in west bank and decades of policy towards Palestinians.
Israel was vulnerable on October 7th because it was unprepared, but that mistake obviously won't be repeated. Israel has showed tremendous strength since October 7th, cleaning up the Gaza Strip bloc by bloc with high precision and very limited numbers of Israeli casualties. It will continue to do so, even if it makes some foreigners (who are crying 'genocide' but are usually supporting Russia's actual genocide on Ukrainians, how hypocritical...) cry.

Nobody sincerely believes Israel 'expanding settlements' is truly the reason why Hamas wants to genocide Jews, probably not even you.
bilaps
« Reply #4887 on: January 02, 2024, 01:49:55 PM »

Israel was vulnerable on October 7th because it was unprepared, but that mistake obviously won't be repeated. Israel has showed tremendous strength since October 7th, cleaning up the Gaza Strip bloc by bloc with high precision and very limited numbers of Israeli casualties. It will continue to do so, even if it makes some foreigners (who are crying 'genocide' but are usually supporting Russia's actual genocide on Ukrainians, how hypocritical...) cry.

Nobody sincerely believes Israel 'expanding settlements' is truly the reason why Hamas wants to genocide Jews, probably not even you.

High precision. They killed tens of thousands of civilians. What kind of person can claim this was precision, bombing with dumb bombs entire neighbourhood.

Why is Israel ethnically cleansing West Bank?

I mean, you must be a Milo Đukanović supporter. Then, everything would make sense.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #4888 on: January 02, 2024, 01:56:11 PM »

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4889 on: January 02, 2024, 02:01:29 PM »

Another 'argument' nobody takes seriously and is only dished out to perpetuate antisemitism. The Palestinian population is only increasing in the West Bank. If you want to see what real ethnic cleansing looks like, have a look at Russia's actions in Ukraine.

I mean, you must be a Milo Đukanović supporter. Then, everything would make sense.
I pity your mentality.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4890 on: January 02, 2024, 02:05:55 PM »

You will have to explain me the difference between lauding the October 7 attacks and praising "the successful, top knoch execution of the operation in Gaza"

It's not my intent to cry "genocide" here. The internet and social media are full of hate and bullies inciting mass murder. These are dark times. It's the double standard and the indifference what amazes me. Is this forum normalizing Kahanism?

In what regards appeasement, Biden is increasingly looking like the mirror image of Chamberlain.
bilaps
« Reply #4891 on: January 02, 2024, 02:09:27 PM »

Another 'argument' nobody takes seriously and is only dished out to perpetuate antisemitism. The Palestinian population is only increasing in the West Bank. If you want to see what real ethnic cleansing looks like, have a look at Russia's actions in Ukraine.

I pity your mentality.

So, that's a yes. As I said, everything makes sense now.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4892 on: January 02, 2024, 02:11:05 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2024, 02:23:20 PM by Chancellor Tanterterg »

Nah, Hezbollah made it clear a while ago that they’re smart enough not to join Hamas’ suicide mission.  They’ll likely launch some rockets as well as huff and puff a bit, but no more than that.  Hezbollah is much stronger than Hamas, but Israel could still wipe them out without breaking a sweat if push truly came to shove.  Hezebollah clearly believes this to be the case or else they would’ve joined Hamas’ war against Israel.  

Props to Israel for taking out one of the top members of Hamas’ leadership!

You will have to explain me the difference between lauding the October 7 attacks and praising "the successful, top knoch execution of the operation in Gaza"

It's not my intent to cry "genocide" here. The internet and social media are full of hate and bullies inciting mass murder. These are dark times. It's the double standard and the indifference what amazes me. Is this forum normalizing Kahanism?

In what regards appeasement, Biden is increasingly looking like the mirror image of Chamberlain.

The difference is simple.  In the October 7 attacks, Hamas engaged in an unprovoked campaign of mass murder, rape, and kidnapping deliberately targeted at innocent civilians.  Here, Israel took out one of the leading members of a terrorist organization in a highly targeted strike while fighting a war of self-defense against said terrorist group.  Your question is like asking the difference between celebrating 9/11 and celebrating the US operation that killed Osama Bin Laden.  If you don’t see a difference between the two, then that speaks volumes about how badly warped and out of touch with reality your views on this are.

Also, it’s pretty clear that the Neville Chamberlain comment is at least implicitly comparing Israel to Nazi Germany.  That is absolutely despicable and absolutely crosses the line into anti-Semitism. 
bilaps
« Reply #4893 on: January 02, 2024, 02:14:56 PM »

Palestinian lives just don't matter as much in their eyes, it's clear.

What they fail to see is that Israel trying to provoke third world war and won't save Netanyahu's ass. He's toast as of October 7th morning. And Palestinians are used of suffering but all those lives lost that day and what will be lost in the near future for Israelis society won't be as acceptable. They will never erradicate Palestinians. After Hamas, there will be another Hamas.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4894 on: January 02, 2024, 02:23:14 PM »

Palestinian lives just don't matter as much in their eyes, it's clear.

What they fail to see is that Israel trying to provoke third world war and won't save Netanyahu's ass. He's toast as of October 7th morning. And Palestinians are used of suffering but all those lives lost that day and what will be lost in the near future for Israelis society won't be as acceptable. They will never erradicate Palestinians. After Hamas, there will be another Hamas.

Reading the comnent posted above yours I have to say that, besides the crumbling sense of humanity, I'm also amazed at the shortsightedness and lack of intelligence. Definitely we are entering the Dark Ages
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4895 on: January 02, 2024, 02:44:09 PM »

What type of cold heartless monster would show such a lack of empathy for their fellow humans? It’d be like if someone on this site called a well documented massacre of a village fake news or dismissed a documented report by the UN on war crimes happening in a country and then did a fake humanitarian virtue signaling bit on the bodies of dead Palestinians
bilaps
« Reply #4896 on: January 02, 2024, 03:00:39 PM »

What type of cold heartless monster would show such a lack of empathy for their fellow humans? It’d be like if someone on this site called a well documented massacre of a village fake news or dismissed a documented report by the UN on war crimes happening in a country and then did a fake humanitarian virtue signaling bit on the bodies of dead Palestinians

You stalking me won't hold Bakhmut for Ukraine. It also has nothing to do with the topic.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4897 on: January 02, 2024, 03:03:28 PM »

You stalking me won't hold Bakhmut for Ukraine. It also has nothing to do with the topic.

You are no better than the all West all the time Ukraine/Israel hypocrites. Your entire worldview is motivated by campism.

Ukraine and Palestine are by and large the victims of their respective conflicts. Hindsight gets this, and in time, so will the historical consensus.
bilaps
« Reply #4898 on: January 02, 2024, 03:06:52 PM »

You are no better than the all West all the time Ukraine/Israel hypocrites. Your entire worldview is motivated by campism.

Ukraine and Palestine are by and large the victims of their respective conflicts. Hindsight gets this, and in time, so will the historical consensus.

Should be commenting on the topic. Board rules 1 on 1
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4899 on: January 02, 2024, 04:37:46 PM »

Israelis desecrate and destroy mosque in Gaza:

Reminds me of the Imperial Japanese vandalizing Hui Muslim religious places in Northern China during the Second Sino-Japanese War
No one deserves this.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 ... 313  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies