Emergency Directives from the Governor of the Lincoln Region
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:00:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Emergency Directives from the Governor of the Lincoln Region
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Emergency Directives from the Governor of the Lincoln Region  (Read 1063 times)
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2023, 10:21:49 PM »
« edited: May 06, 2023, 12:41:44 AM by Oleg »

In connection with the growing threat of attack from Young Texan and the fact that Young Texan ordered to shut off its pipelines (Office of President Young Texan), I consider it urgent to issue the following orders:

UPD.:

1. As governor of Lincoln, I request the protection of the region from the President of Atlasia and NATO;

2. I appoint Senator Sirius and Senator Laki as Assistant Commanders in Chief of the Lincoln region;

3. Senator Sirius and Senator Laki have to immediately organize a Territorial Defense force of rangers, police, reservists and ex-military and inspect them;

4. I am ordering the strengthening of the fortification system on this border;

5. If Young Texan attacks the Lincoln region, martial law is automatically introduced throughout the region;

6. In the event of my death and the death of the currently speaker of the LGC as a result of South's military attack, Senator Laki is automatically appointed Governor and Commander in Chief of the Lincoln Region, without an election. In this case, elections for the governor should be held at the end of martial law;

7. I'm ordering a general voluntary draft of Lincolnians into the Territorial Defense.

Spoiler alert: Old irrelevant list

I ask Lincolnians to avoid panic and work as usual. I wish the South peace and prosperity. I hope we never have to fight.

Glory to the people of Atlasia.

Oleg, governor of the Lincoln region
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 10:57:24 PM »

6 isn’t enforceable, currently the speaker of the LGC succeeds to Lincoln Gov.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 11:03:43 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2023, 11:12:40 PM by Adam Griffin »

FWIW, I was in the process of drafting an EO during my final day as Lincoln Governor to mobilize the border state National Guards in Lincoln in a defensive posture against Southern aggression...only to find out during my drafting of said EO that somebody sponsored a bill (now law) to strip Lincoln of the vast majority of its regional defenses back in December:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=532378.0

In hindsight, perhaps I should have pursued such anyway via militias and the like. However, the bulk of my order would've been weakened by the aforementioned stripping of our defenses, so I ultimately abstained.

Regardless, I support any allowed actions our current Governor takes to defend the Lincoln Region against unwarranted advances.

EDIT: no need to ask the ones I mentioned prior - I'll just share my timestamped commentary:

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 11:05:40 PM »

FWIW, I was in the process of drafting an EO during my final day as Lincoln Governor to mobilize the border state National Guards in Lincoln in a defensive posture against Southern aggression...only to find out during my drafting of said EO that somebody sponsored a bill (now law) to strip Lincoln of the vast majority of its regional defenses back in December:

Yeah, I would have voted no on that bill.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2023, 11:38:15 PM »

Oh, and threatening to nuke New York isn't?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 11:57:02 PM »

Yes, because you are the king of understanding context and actual intentions.

I’m saving the environment.

That's not how that works. Besides,if you're going to kill mass numbers of people to save the environment, as you are suggesting nuclear war would be counterproductive as that actively harms the environment.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2023, 12:17:51 AM »

6 isn’t enforceable, currently the speaker of the LGC succeeds to Lincoln Gov.
Thank you. Now I have changed the sixth point to match this.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2023, 12:25:05 AM »

In hindsight, perhaps I should have pursued such anyway via militias and the like. However, the bulk of my order would've been weakened by the aforementioned stripping of our defenses, so I ultimately abstained.

Regardless, I support any allowed actions our current Governor takes to defend the Lincoln Region against unwarranted advances.

EDIT: no need to ask the ones I mentioned prior - I'll just share my timestamped commentary:

Fine. Accordingly, I change my orders.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2023, 12:45:58 AM »

Fine. Accordingly, I change my orders.

For what it's worth, I wasn't making any recommendations or demands: just thought I'd offer my insight and past experience to ensure our collective region is both within the law and well-defended! Glad to see you're being proactive about this threat to our south!
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2023, 01:13:59 AM »

For what it's worth, I wasn't making any recommendations or demands: just thought I'd offer my insight and past experience to ensure our collective region is both within the law and well-defended! Glad to see you're being proactive about this threat to our south!
Thank you. I really appreciate your help and your experience. You help me avoid mistakes.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2023, 01:24:07 AM »

Thank you. I really appreciate your help and your experience. You help me avoid mistakes.

Always glad to help whenever!
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2023, 03:41:50 AM »

In connection with the growing threat of attack from Young Texan and the fact that Young Texan ordered to shut off its pipelines (Office of President Young Texan), I consider it urgent to issue the following orders:

UPD.:

1. As governor of Lincoln, I request the protection of the region from the President of Atlasia and NATO;

2. I appoint Senator Sirius and Senator Laki as Assistant Commanders in Chief of the Lincoln region;

3. Senator Sirius and Senator Laki have to immediately organize a Territorial Defense force of rangers, police, reservists and ex-military and inspect them;

4. I am ordering the strengthening of the fortification system on this border;

5. If Young Texan attacks the Lincoln region, martial law is automatically introduced throughout the region;

6. In the event of my death and the death of the currently speaker of the LGC as a result of South's military attack, Senator Laki is automatically appointed Governor and Commander in Chief of the Lincoln Region, without an election. In this case, elections for the governor should be held at the end of martial law;

7. I'm ordering a general voluntary draft of Lincolnians into the Territorial Defense.

Spoiler alert: Old irrelevant list

I ask Lincolnians to avoid panic and work as usual. I wish the South peace and prosperity. I hope we never have to fight.

Glory to the people of Atlasia.

Oleg, governor of the Lincoln region

Mr. Governor,

For your information and convenience, I have compiled a list of Emergency Alert System primary stations that are based in the contingent states of the region.  You may wish to review them.  

-- Mark Dennison, Lincoln Association of Broadcasters (designated multi)

(Note that this is based off real-world information; these are the actual primary sources in their respective states)

(Also note that I can't find any office for Oleg, so I'm posting this here)
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2023, 06:28:21 AM »

Mr. Governor,

For your information and convenience, I have compiled a list of Emergency Alert System primary stations that are based in the contingent states of the region.  You may wish to review them. 

-- Mark Dennison, Lincoln Association of Broadcasters (designated multi)

(Note that this is based off real-world information; these are the actual primary sources in their respective states)

(Also note that I can't find any office for Oleg, so I'm posting this here)
Thank you very much for the information, Mr. FairBol.

You are right about the office, here is my office now:
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=548372.0
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2023, 09:57:16 PM »

Additional Directives:

8. Thanks to the valiant support of Mr. Ishan, Fremont First Minister, we can and must transfer all the infrastructure associated with the South, primarily fuel and energy, to Fremont;

9. I am invite the gentlemen Lincoln senators to investigate the issue of energy shortages in Lincoln and prepare acts to respond to this problem;

10. The gentlemen Lincoln senators now have all the necessary authority to negotiate with the office of Mr. Ishan, Fremont First Minister, about energy supplies.

Office of Ishan, FM

Fremont stands with Lincoln and Atlasia
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2023, 10:32:31 PM »

11. In accordance with LGC 13.10 - Revival of Regional Defense Act The Lincoln Territorial Defense Force is immediately to be reorganized into the Lincoln National Guard with a corresponding change in authority.

12. All property, equipment, documents and personnel of the Lincoln Territorial Defense Force are automatically transferred to the Lincoln National Guard; all acts, directives and orders issued by the Lincoln government to the Lincoln Territorial Defense Force are automatically transferred to the Lincoln National Guard.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2023, 01:19:08 AM »

13. The Lincoln National Guard has the right to oppose the federal Atlasian Army and the Atlasian federal government if power in Atlasia is usurped; this should be specifically stated in the regulations of the Lincoln National Guard.

14. I appoint myself Commander in Chief of the Lincoln National Guard; I appoint Mr. Lakigigar as Chief of the Lincoln National Guard; I appoint Mr. Sirius as Vice Chief of the Lincoln National Guard.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2023, 10:10:30 PM »

15. Allocate funds from our defense budget for the construction of "dragon's teeth", Czech hedgehogs, ramparts, ditches, trench systems, watchtowers and set these to the most dangerous sections of the border between Lincoln and the South. Reinforce these sections with civilian vehicles converted into armed armored vehicles.

16. On the border between Lincoln and the South, organize filtration camps for refugees from the South. After verification of documents, civilians have the right to settle in Lincoln or Fremont; members of the National Guard of the South who convince the Military Police inspectors of their allegiance to Atlasia are eligible to enlist in the Lincoln National Guard, the Fremont National Guard, or the federal Atlasian Army, of their choice.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2023, 05:37:59 AM »

17. The Lincoln region is completely open to the passage and basing of the Frémont National Guard.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2023, 10:30:30 PM »

18. In order to form a Lincoln Air National Guard, I order to pay the following purchases from the special National Guard (former Territorial Defense) budget:

a) $201 million for six MQ-9 Reaper UAVs and associated equipment, parts, training and logistical support.

b) $298 million for four CH-47F helicopters and associated equipment, parts, training and logistical support.

c) $217 million for five UH-60M Black Hawk helicopters and associated equipment, parts, training and logistical support.

A total of $716 million from $2 billion.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2023, 09:22:12 AM »

19. In the framework of IFF, I order the Lincoln National Guard to use green color-coded ribbons on clothes, helmets, vehicles and buildings, as shade of Lincoln flag's the eastern white pine. I also recommend installing square CIPs on military vehicles. It will help reduce the chance of friendly fire if the South attacks Lincoln and we have to defend ourselves.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2023, 09:45:09 AM »

Executive Order #20:

With massive wildfires raging across Canada that threaten to spill over into Lincoln territory, and with the Southern secessionist threat on hold for now, I'm ordering half of Lincoln National Guard personnel be dispatched to assist the Canadian and Lincolnian emergency management offices until the fall.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2023, 07:16:10 AM »

Executive Order #21:

An NPC has been appointed director of the Regional Center to Stop the Import of Illicit Synthetic Drugs. I'm assigning him, as a high priority investigation, to find out, with the assistance of the DEA, FBI, NSA, and the federal government, the routes that fentanyl, fentanyl analogues, and precursor chemicals to produce fentanyl get into Atlasia and Lincoln in particular, and what are behind this modern "Opium War". I authorize the Director of the Regional Center to draw funds to support this investigation from Lincoln's defense budget, subject to justification of his requirements.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies