Homosexual content in movies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:57:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Homosexual content in movies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Should they be treated any different from heterosexual content in ratings?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Homosexual content in movies  (Read 12384 times)
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2007, 03:17:23 AM »

Sex is a part of life.  It's a culmination of love and passion, and isn't that great fodder for a movie?

Taking a dump is a part of life.  It's a culmination of food and digestion, but it isn't great fodder for a movie.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2007, 03:37:49 AM »

Sex is a part of life.  It's a culmination of love and passion, and isn't that great fodder for a movie?

Taking a dump is a part of life.  It's a culmination of food and digestion, but it isn't great fodder for a movie.

That's a pretty horrible strawman.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2007, 03:52:32 AM »

It still beats having no standards.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2007, 04:21:21 AM »

Yet it does not beat responding to my points sensically.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2007, 10:56:41 AM »

Two men in a pasionate kiss....Whoa yuck! Just let me know ahead of time so I can avoid that movie. Give it an H rating for homosexual content.

I know there are gay guys on this forum and what they do is their business as far as I am concerned. But how many straight guys would not find the thought of men kissing passionately at least a little bit repulsive?

The fact of the matter is, love is never disgusting. To suggest that it is 'repulsive' pretty much suggests that at least part of you is corrupted, depraved, twisted...even if only a small part. Anyone with such views, even only on a few issues, would not be accepted by any god; and whilst you should be forgiven for your views, please, recognise their horridness. We all have horribleness within us in one area or another, but to show no remorse for it is just plain wrong. Life shouldn't be about hate, even if it isn't active hate, but rather quieter; insidious festering repulsion.

Sorry to be harsh, but...
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2007, 11:05:18 AM »

No. I don't see why they should be treated differently in movies. Crazy prudes.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2007, 01:09:07 PM »

Two men in a pasionate kiss....Whoa yuck! Just let me know ahead of time so I can avoid that movie. Give it an H rating for homosexual content.

I know there are gay guys on this forum and what they do is their business as far as I am concerned. But how many straight guys would not find the thought of men kissing passionately at least a little bit repulsive?

The fact of the matter is, love is never disgusting. To suggest that it is 'repulsive' pretty much suggests that at least part of you is corrupted, depraved, twisted...even if only a small part. Anyone with such views, even only on a few issues, would not be accepted by any god; and whilst you should be forgiven for your views, please, recognise their horridness. We all have horribleness within us in one area or another, but to show no remorse for it is just plain wrong. Life shouldn't be about hate, even if it isn't active hate, but rather quieter; insidious festering repulsion.

I think that for most guys who think that way, it's not the spirit behind the act (which I doubt they even particularly think about), but rather the act itself, or more specifically, imagining themselves being one of the people doing it, and being grossed out by the thought.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2007, 04:48:50 PM »

Interesting that this was the first thing you thought of when you needed to offer your critique of sex.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2007, 05:12:09 PM »

My revulsion at two men kissing is unacceptable, but your revulsion toward me for feeliing that way is OK? I reserve the right to have whatever feelings I like about any subject. Unless you are into thought control then you should support that right as well.

BTW I don't say that gays should be restricted or denied their rights in anyway. I just say that I don't have to approve.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2007, 06:41:16 PM »

The fact of the matter is, love is never disgusting.

Lolita.

I accept your apology.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2007, 06:45:07 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2007, 06:59:51 PM by Alcon »

Considering your record for apologies on this board, I don't think anyone owes you any apologies whatsoever.

And why does he need to apologize to you for being wrong?  Are you egotistical to the point where you think that you are the embodiment of rightness, and therefore must be apologized to for all error?  Tongue

(Kind of like how I'm still waiting for my apology about the whole Gregoire thing...except I'm not, since the only apology you owe is to those who actually believed you knew what you were talking about...)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2007, 02:12:03 AM »

I think a woman's private parts are kind of gross. Not everyone is as immature as you.

Seriously, for a libertarian you are very judgemental.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2007, 02:57:36 AM »

Lolita.

I accept your apology.

He probably meant consensual love.  Unless you're looking for an endorsement of pedophilia in every post.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2007, 03:25:29 AM »

Lolita.

I accept your apology.

He probably meant consensual love.  Unless you're looking for an endorsement of pedophilia in every post.

I know he's been looking for an endorsement of pedophilia from Jim Webb for about six months now.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2007, 06:57:58 PM »

Lolita.

I accept your apology.

Have you seen Lolita? It's very consensual.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2007, 07:02:57 PM »

Lolita.

I accept your apology.

Have you seen Lolita? It's very consensual.

It's also a beautiful love story, and I don't see why people make fun of it.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2007, 12:37:22 PM »

What about two women kissing?  Still bother ya?

Two men kissing is gross, but two women kissing isn't.  Hard to explain, most people think it's a double standard (and I used to), but then I realized it's just the way things are.

Lets be honest about why you are threatened by 2 men kissing but not by 2 women ... it is because you are afraid that one of those men may want to kiss you.

Very simple here ... take the image of the 2 women, and make them both fat, very butch, very unattractive women.  Is it gross?  Are you grossed out the way you were about the 2 men?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2007, 03:44:37 PM by Swing Voter »

While I found the gay sex scenes in 'Brokeback Mountain' distasteful (to say the least), for the sake of fairness such scenes should not be rated any differently than the more normal heterosexual sex scenes that all of us are used to. 

I think a woman's private parts are kind of gross.

I, for one, find them fascinating.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2007, 09:15:56 PM »

Why on earth would anyone find homosexual scenes 'disgusting', Frodo?  Well, perhaps if they were too sappy.

Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2007, 08:44:10 AM »

Lingering after-effects from the time when the west was a christian theocracy.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2007, 09:22:21 AM »

Still is, Straha.  Do they allow you to hire a prostitute?  Smoke the drugs?
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2007, 09:32:55 AM »

The definition of a theocracy is government by the churches. The policies you mention are just cultural lag caused by the baby boomers being such a large geenration so the US's cultural development will be slowed until they die. Wait 20-40 years for smoking the ganja or hiring prostitutes.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2007, 02:33:13 AM »

does salvia count? Tongue
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2007, 11:05:52 AM »

does salvia count? Tongue
Wow. Usually YOU're the one advising me not to try beating reason into Opebo. Lol.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2007, 11:08:31 AM »

While I found the gay sex scenes in 'Brokeback Mountain' distasteful (to say the least)
Huh? Why? How so?
[quote
I think a woman's private parts are kind of gross.

I, for one, find them fascinating.
[/quote]That's because they are.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies