Homosexual content in movies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:27:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Homosexual content in movies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Should they be treated any different from heterosexual content in ratings?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Homosexual content in movies  (Read 12342 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2007, 05:57:15 PM »

While I found the gay sex scenes in 'Brokeback Mountain' distasteful (to say the least)
Huh? Why? How so?

It's simply my knee-jerk reaction to seeing two men (or boys) kissing or having sex with each other.  And before you ask -no, I don't have the same 'ick' reaction to seeing two women going at each other.  Yes, it is a double-standard and is patently unfair and bigoted.

Deal with it.

I think a woman's private parts are kind of gross.

I, for one, find them fascinating.
That's because they are.

Glad I'm not the only one.  Smiley
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2007, 06:19:34 PM »

It's simply my knee-jerk reaction to seeing two men (or boys) kissing or having sex with each other.  And before you ask -no, I don't have the same 'ick' reaction to seeing two women going at each other.  Yes, it is a double-standard and is patently unfair and bigoted.

Deal with it.

"Deal with it"?  Sage advice Wink
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2007, 08:40:18 PM »

It's also a beautiful love story, and I don't see why people make fun of it.

"Love Story of the Century" is about Mary Kay Letourneau and Vili Fualaau.

It upsets me so many can consider child molestation "beautiful."  I know, prude, blah blah blah.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2007, 09:00:58 PM »

"Love Story of the Century" is about Mary Kay Letourneau and Vili Fualaau.

It upsets me so many can consider child molestation "beautiful."  I know, prude, blah blah blah.

Actually, "ignoramus" was more the word I was thinking.  How are those newspapers demanding Gregoire resign doing, by the way?  I'm curious since you seemed to drop out of that conversation.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2007, 09:23:28 PM »

Well, let's see:  I actually got on with my life and went to work, meetings, concerts, and a funeral.  I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than dwell on the way you misread my post two weeks ago, but while you're welcome to waste even more of your own time on it, you're unwelcome to waste mine.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2007, 09:51:18 PM »

Well, let's see:  I actually got on with my life and went to work, meetings, concerts, and a funeral.  I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than dwell on the way you misread my post two weeks ago, but while you're welcome to waste even more of your own time on it, you're unwelcome to waste mine.

I'm obligated to do that until you fess up to being wrong.  Tongue
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2007, 09:54:14 PM »

Come on, just be a real man and admit that you were wrong. Apologising to Alcon won't destroy your manliness. It certainly never destroyed mine.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2007, 06:29:17 PM »

Come on, just be a real man and admit that you were wrong. Apologising to Alcon won't destroy your manliness. It certainly never destroyed mine.
Ah but Everett you weren't ever a man so you wouldn't have manliness to destroy...
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2007, 02:57:53 AM »

Well, this thread just proves that Frodo is a racist.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2007, 07:53:50 AM »

The fact of the matter is, love is never disgusting.

Lolita.

I accept your apology.

He probably meant consensual love.  Unless you're looking for an endorsement of pedophilia in every post.

Have you seen Lolita? It's very consensual.

It's also a beautiful love story, and I don't see why people make fun of it.

Whaaaaat? It maybe a tragical love story, but I wouldn't say beuatiful. Have you watched the movie or read the book, because I've only don ethe former though I intend to do the latter.

Incidentally, Lolita and 1984 are the best selling foreign language fiction novels in China. Kind of irrelevant, but whatever.

And MaC, how does something cease to be a douoble-standard because is is how things are?

And Porce, how does bigotry against gays prove that someone is a racist? Or did I miss something way back in a thread I didn't find all that interesting?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies