2025-29 -A Blank Canvas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:40:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2025-29 -A Blank Canvas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19
Author Topic: 2025-29 -A Blank Canvas  (Read 16068 times)
SaintStan86
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: -1.22

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2022, 10:02:46 AM »

Friday February 7th 2025
NBC NEWS AIRS MIDDAY SPECIAL REPORT AHEAD OF PRESIDENT DESANTIS ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE WHITE HOUSE EAST ROOM LATE THIS AFTERNOON TO NOMINATE BARBARA LAGOA AS HIS CHOICE FOR ATTORNEY GENERAL; EXPERTS LIKE CHUCK TODD, ANDREA MITCHELL NICOLLE WALLACE & EUGENE ROBINSON WEIGH IN HOW THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS DIVERSIFYING
Lester Holt: Good Afternoon! I am Lester Holt of NBC NEWS and welcome to this Special Report. 5 Days after former Texas Senator Ted Cruz withdrew his Nomination for Attorney General President Ron DeSantis is set to make a groundbreaking Announcement late this Afternoon to officially announce that he has tapped United States Court of Appeals Judge BARBARA LAGOA as his Choice for Attorney General.

Savannah Guthrie: Judge Lagoa would only be the 2nd Woman to occupy this Office after the late Janet Reno in the Clinton Administration. We have Chuck Todd, Andrea Mitchell, Nicolle Wallace and Eugene Robinson here with us to weigh in. Chuck, set the stage for us!

Chuck Todd: Lester, Savannah this feels big. However if you look at our Board who is already confirmed in the DeSantis' Administration is does set a Trend: Byron Donalds, Tim Scott, Carlos Gimenez and of course his Vice President Nikki Haley not to mention that Jeanette Nuñez & Winsome Sears took Governorships in Florida & Virginia. Todays Late Afternoon Announcement is probably the most consequential one since the he announced Haley as his Running Mate last Summer.
You know before we came on air here I stumbled accross a Clip from FOX NEWS and what Brit Hume said last Night. Watch:

(Clip from Brit Hume at FOX NEWS talking how the Republican Party is diversifying)

You know Lester, Savannah, God Bless him. He saw this happening waaay before we did last year and the Election Results speak for themselves. The Point he is making is that DeSantis is taking the Republican Party on a very different path then even Ronald Reagan or George W. Bush making it more dynamic & inclusive, bringing in more Minorities, etc. And I tell you what Lester: This will keep continueing until Democrats find a good answer to it. We basically have a National Border Crisis that hasn't been resolved and Voters especially in Hispanic Communities are fed up with this.

Lester Holt: Nicolle, you seem to want to jump in here?

Nicolle Wallace: To Chucks & for the matter Brit Humes Point: This is how we, Republicans, always wanted our Party to be, more diverse & inclusive. We had buoyers remorse when John McCain got only 33 % of the Hispanic Vote and Mitt Romney had only 27 %. Of Course then Donald Trump came and threw us some curveballs into our path but now DeSantis seems to have charted for us the right path forward and Judge Lagoa fits into this perfectly. Democrats ignored the warning signs when DeSantis tapped Haley as his Running Mate which was the first sign what could be coming and kept doing their thing. Guess what: They got burned for it!

Eugene Robinson: The Democratic Party has to refind themselves first before they can start an effective Opposition. Maybe it is time to reach out to those folks who voted for Andrew Yang & Adam Kinzinger last year particularly their Economic Platform which was very appealing to Voters. The thing is with his 6.5 % he got his "Forward Party" is now eligible in all 50 States since he crossed the 5 % threshold but no effort has been made.

Lester Holt: Thank You all and we will see you in a few hours.
Actually, like sand through the hourglass, it wouldn't shock me if Kate Snow - not Lester Holt - breaks in for NBC considering what just replaced Days of our Lives. Snow is co-hosting its linear replacement in the 1:00PM hour, though it wouldn't shock me if NBC maintains Holt as "breaking news anchor" in much the same vein David Muir or (beforehand) George Stephanopoulos does for ABC.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2022, 10:33:24 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2022, 12:06:58 PM by 2016 »

Wednesday February 12 2025
JOHN RATCLIFFE TAKES HIS SEAT AS CIA DIRECTOR; SENATE CONFIRMS NOEM AS SECRETARY OF THE INTERIOR IN A LATE NIGHT VOTE TUESDAY EVENING 58-42 WITH MASSACHUSETTS SENATOR ELIZABETH WARREN HOLDING UP THE VOTE FOR SEVERAL HOURS; HOUSE LEADERSHIP TO GO TO WHITE HOUSE TODAY TO BEGIN FORMAL TALKS HOW TO IMPLEMENT PRESIDENT DESANTIS AGENDA. THEY WILL BE JOINED BY REPS CASSY GARCIA, MONICA DE LA CRUZ & MAYRA FLORES. SCALISE ALSO EXTENDED INVITATIONS TO TWO DEOCRATIC SENATORS: KYRSTEN SINEMA & MARK KELLY AND THEY HAVE ACCEPTED. MAJOR HOT TOPIC ON THIS FIRST DAY - THE SOUTHERN BORDER CRISIS
John Ratcliffe was sworn in this Morning as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency and promised to protect the Country to the best of his abilities in his Introduction Speech.
South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem was confirmed as Secretary of the Interior by the Senate 58-42 in a late Night Vote that was held up for several Hours by Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren.
House Speaker Steve Scalise announced today that the House Leadership consisting of the Speaker, Majority Leader Banks, Majority Whip Ferguson & Conference Chair Hinson would travel to the White House to begin formal talks how to pass & implement President DeSantis Political Agenda. The Leadership will be joined by Rep Cassy Garcia, Monica de la Cruz and Mayra Flores. Scalise also invited the two Demcratic Senators from the Border State of Arizona, Mark Kelly & Kyrsten Sinema to join the Meeting with the Southern Border Crisis the Hot Topic. Before embarking to the White House Scalise held his Weekly News Conference and spoke to Reporters.

House Speaker Steve Scalise
„Good Morning! I know you all have a lot of Question and we will get to that a bit later. Today I can report to the American People that we will begin the first formal steps to solve our Southern Border Crisis and our Immigration System as a whole. Since the Biden Admistration took Office in January 2021 until the end of 2024 5.8 Million undocumted Immigrants crossed our Southern Border and overwhelmed our Communities particularly in the States of Texas & Arizona, yet the core Democratic Leadership in the House & Senate focused their attention on countless Spending Bills instead of resolving this Issue. President DeSantis has made illegal border crossings as one of the Central Pieces of his Presidential Campaign and we are now going to answer that call. I've made several trips myself to Texas & Arizona and the Situation is a complete mess down there. I am encouraged by the Open mind of Senators Sinema & Kelly who are standing behind me, to work with us. Immigration Reform shouldn't just be a Republican or Democratic Issue, it should concern all Americans. With that I am now going to answer some Question.“

REPORTER # 1: Will there be a Border Wall like former President Trump once suggested?

„I knew this was coming. We don't know that yet. Look, a wall doesn't neccessarily mean you have less illegal Immigration. There are other Mechanisms to solve a Border Crisis like for example hiring more Border Patrol Agents. We have far less at the Southern Border then we need. We need more to be quite frank!“

REPORTER # 1: Given that previous Attempts to reform our Immigration System failed what makes you to believe you will be able to get something done this time?

„The Country was very divided back then. We will have the Public on our side this time I believe. As I said in my remarks this isn't a Republican or Democratic Issue, it's an American Issue. There is no reason we can't craft an Immigration Bill that can pass with overwhelming bipartisan Majorities and I am sure we will other Democrats besides Senators Sinema & Kelly who are standing behind me. Thank You!“

OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT: VICE PRESIDENT HALEY TO ATTEND HOUSE LEADERSHIP MEETING WITH CONGRESSIONAL DELEGATIONS FROM TEXAS & ARIZONA AMID BORDER CRISIS
Soon after House Speaker Scalise wrapped up his Weekly Press Conference CNN learned through Spokesperson for VP that Vice President Nikki Haley will attend that Meeting. This comes amid increased Speculation that President DeSantis is ready to tap his Vice President as BORDER CZAR sometime next week.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2022, 11:47:52 AM »

I'm inclined to advocate for the construction of a border wall, that way, if Democrats oppose it, as I think they will, just as they are opposed to Voter ID, they should be asked to justify their opposition and not employ their usual attempts of deflection and distortion.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2022, 01:02:27 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2022, 01:17:49 PM by 2016 »

CAMPAIGN NEWS 2025/2026
FLORIDA-28 SPECIAL ELECTION
MIAMI MAYOR FRANCIS X. SUAREZ LAUNCHES EXPECTED CONGRESSIONAL BID TO REPLACE HOMELAND SECURITY SECRETARY CARLOS A. GIMENEZ IN THE HOUSE
This Morning surrounded by his Family as well as former Congressman Carlos Curbelo & former Florida Lieutenant Governor under Rick Scott, Carlos Lopez-Cantera Miami Mayor FRANCIS SUAREZ launched an anticipated Congressional Bid to replace current Homeland Security Secretary Carlos A. Gimenez in the House. "I am beyond grateful for the Support Miami Residents gave me over the last seven years when I first got elected with 86 % of the Vote in 2017. Now it's time to start a new chapter and bring my Experience I had here in Miami to Congress" Suarez remarked.

(The Filling Deadline for the Florida Special Election closes on Friday)

FLORIDA GOVERNOR 2026
CONGRESSMAN DARREN SOTO LAUNCHES EXPLORATORY CMTE TO CHALLENGE FLORIDA GOVERNOR JEANETTE NUÑEZ
Over in Osceola County Rep. Darren Soto announced that he has launched an Exploratory Cmte for a possible Governor Run against Governor Jeannette Nuñez.

MICHIGAN GOVERNOR 2026
FORMER GOVERNOR GRETCHEN WHITMER RULES OUT REMATCH AGAINST INCUMBENT TUDOR DIXON
Meanwhile in Michigan the first big News of the 2026 Midterm Election Cycle was announced as former Governor and '2024 Senate Nominee Gretchen Whitmer told DETROIT NEWS that she would not pursue a Rematch with Incumbent Governor Tudor Dixon robbing Democrats of their potential strongest Candidate in the State. However given that Whitmer lost her last two Statewide Races maybe it's time for Michigan Democrats to move on from her.
SaintStan86
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2022, 01:54:12 PM »

For Michigan with Gretchen Whitmer gone, expect State Sen. Mallory McMorrow to get the bulk of the speculation surrounding a potential bid against Tudor Dixon, especially after her extremely viral response to her GOP colleague Lana Theis using an email blast to call her a "groomer". Also shall note that The Detroit News is the more conservative of the two dailies in Metro Detroit (the Detroit Free Press is the more liberal of the two).

Also appears that Francis Suarez has cleared the deck in FL-28 for the GOP. Of course, you don't have to actually live in FL-28 to run since Miami is almost entirely in FL-27 (save for the majority Black and Haitian sections north of Jackson Memorial Hospital in deep blue, majority Black and LGBTQ+ FL-24 and the aforementioned sliver in FL-26 that includes MIA), but I don't think Carlos Giménez did either when he ran in what counted as FL-26 (which became FL-28). Regardless of what the Dems do, this is at worst a Leans GOP seat if not a Favor GOP one.

As for FL-09, could the Hispanic Puerto Rican vote work to the Democrats' advantage this time with Darren Soto? Based on what this TL is indicating, it's going to be a test of DeSantis's staying power with the Hispanic swing vote, especially outside of the Cuban and Venezuelan/South American votes that are more distinctly Republican than the other Hispanic subgroups. Also, what are the GOP chances in this district, and will Alan Grayson make (cough, cough) another primary run in his old district?
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2022, 02:21:49 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2022, 02:37:22 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

I'm inclined to advocate for the construction of a border wall, that way, if Democrats oppose it, as I think they will, just as they are opposed to Voter ID, they should be asked to justify their opposition and not employ their usual attempts of deflection and distortion.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2025: FOX NEWS ALERT! FORMER PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP,  HAS ACCEPTED FORMER PRESIDENT OBAMA'S INVITATION TO THE OPENING OF THE BARACK OBAMA PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY ON MARCH 23, 2025. Former President Trump,  to the surprise of many, has accepted  his predecessor's invitation, but he critiqued his successor on Truth Social, "I don't understand why Sleepy Joe Biden is going, since his so-called election was fraudulent and he was never really President! He shouldn't have accepted if he has any class". Democrats were quick to pounce on the former President's remarks. Party chairman, Tim Ryan,  remarked "Trump true to form, proves that if anyone has no class, it's him!" Most Republican's were silent on the former President's latest outburst.

Darren Michael Soto is betting on the idea that he could  defeat Governor Jeanette Nuñez,  it's probably likely its one bet he's gonna lose. His fate is likely to be similar to Charlie Crist's in 2022. If I'm not mistaken, Republican's were enjoying a 498,000 Voter registration advantage at the last count. So Soto could be political road-kill, after Republican's finish with him.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2022, 03:21:44 PM »

@PRESIDENT STANTON,
I wouldn't dismiss Soto entirely even with that big Registration lead Republicans have.
Consider this: Puerto Ricans are the largest Hispanic Voting Subgroups in Florida not Cuban Hispanics.
And many of these Puerto Ricans live in the KEY PART of the State, the I4 Corridor.
Since Puerto Rico had their Economic Crisis in 2015/early 2016 and Hurricane Maria wrecked havoc on that Island in 2017 7,000 to 9,000 Puerto Ricans a month have left that Island, many now residing now around the I4 in Orange, Osceola, Polk among other Counties.

Of Course DeSantis put conventional wisdom out in FL by winning two landslides in 2022 & 2024. That doesn't automatically mean it's going to continue.

Florida Statewide Elections no matter if it's for President, Governor, Senator or any other Statewide Office are usually decided along the I4 where you have Tampa/St. Pete on one end and Daytona on the other side and everything else between are Swing Voters.

The Microscope of FLORIDA is Orange County (Orlando). This was a 50/50 County if you look into PRES Elections from 1988 to 2004 but since then it has become a predominant Democratic County. Even DeSantis couldn't carry it in 2024.

Nuñez is favoured no question but because of the Puerto Rican Constituency Soto is by no means completely out of the Race if he follows through and runs.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2022, 04:40:17 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2022, 01:09:27 PM by 2016 »

Later Wednesday...
SENATE CONFIRMS GEORGE HOLDING AS AMBASSADOR TO THE UNITED KINDOM 80-18, SAFRA CATZ AS AMBASSADOR TO ISRAEL 93-5, CHRISTIAN ANSCHUTZ AS AMBASSADOR TO GERMANY 78-20 AND RAFAEL DIAZ-BALART AS AMBASSADOR TO CUBA 76-22; NOEM TO RESIGN AS GOVERNOR OF SOUTH DAKOTA TOMORROW AS SHE HEADS TO BECOME SECRETARY OF THE INTERIOR, RHODEN TO BE INAUGURATED DURING THE SAME CEREMONY; SCALISE SPEAKING OUTSIDE OF THE WHITE HOUSE SAYS "WE HAD A VERY PRODUCTIVE MEETING WITH THE PRESIDENT AND HIS STAFF"
The United States Senate made four quick Roll Call Votes to confirm various Ambassadorships in the DeSantis' Administration without too much fanfare. Former North Carolina Congressman George Holding got confirmed 80-18 as Ambassador to the United Kingdom by an 80-18 Vote; Safra Catz, the CEO of the Oracle Corporation as Ambassador to Israel with a 93-5 Vote; Christian Anschutz as Ambassador to Germany by a 78-20 Vote and Rafael Díaz-Balart (whos brother Mario Díaz-Balart serves in Congress) as Ambassador to Cuba 76-22.
South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem, having been confirmed to head the Interior Department yesterday, announced via her Office & her Government Twitter Account that she would resign her Governorship as Governor of South Dakota tomorrow at the State Capitol in Pierre, SD. Her Lieutenant Governor Larry Rhoden would be inaugurated as the next Governor of South Dakota at a Special Ceremony that same Day.
Steve Scalise emerging from a Meeting at the White House telling Reporters "We had a very good, productive Meeting with the President, the Vice President, the CoS and his Poltical Team of Advisors and we're looking forward of having more discussions in the future. Heck, even the White House Press Secretary (re Kayleigh McEnany) stopped by to say Hello when we took a short break. Can't be that bad then, no?"[Scalises little funny sentence re WH Press Sec. received a little laughter from the WH Press Corps]
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2022, 04:45:07 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2022, 04:45:20 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

@2016, I understand everything you say and I can see why Soto of all Democrats,  has thrown his hat into the ring, he reckons that he better than any other member of his party has a reasonable shot at taking out Nuñez . But I factor in one advantage that the Governor possesses that her potential challenger doesn't have. Incumbency, true, it's a double edged sword, but Soto may need to discard some of his party's more extreme policy agenda. If he does, he might be more competitive, but there's a downside, he risks alienating the more doctrinaire members of his party's base. Nuñez , doesn't have such problems,  she can utilize the DeSantis template, the same template that waa used so effectively during the 2024 cycle. My question is this, what winning template will Soto use. What kind of strategy will he employ? Also don't forget the DeSantis factor or it can't be ignored that Florida's former Governor won't intervene on his successors behalf. No doubt the Florida Governor's contest will be the most closely watched during the '26 election cycle. My money is on Nuñez .
Things moved very quickly on the Ambassador front,  the fastest ever, I will wager.

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13 2025: CNN BREAKING NEWS, U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE,  ROBERT O'BRIEN IN ISTANBUL; UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES INDICATE THAT SENIOR MEMBERS OF PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY WERE ALSO IN ISTANBUL: STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIALS REFUSED TO COMMENT. "Hello Everyone, this is Wolf Blitzer in the Situation Room, welcome to our viewer's here and around  the world, there is some developments coming out of Istanbul in Turkey, We can't confirm anything, but we have Nic Robertson who is travelling with the Secretary of State, Nic, can you tell us anything that you can share?"
Robertson: Hello Wolf, all I know is that we made a stopover in Istanbul, and the media were kept separate from the Secretary of State, and his party, but from reports I just heard a while ago, that members of the Palestinian Authority were also here in Istanbul. I am afraid I am unable to give you anymore information beyond that. Wolf back to you.
Blitzer: Thank you, Nic. Well folks there you have it, something could be going on, but no body is saying anything. We will keep you posted on any new developments. We will now resume our regular programming.
(Switch over to Fox News).
Note: I am working on what could be a big diplomatic breakthrough regarding Middle East peace and the relationship between Israel and the Palestinians. Trying out every scenario where O'Brien and other members of DeSantis's foreign policy team, engage in misdirection that rivals Kissinger secrecy surrounding the opening to China during the 1970s.

FRIDAY,  FEBRUARY 14, 2025: IN A JOINT INTERVIEW ON FOX NEWS SPECIAL REPORT,  SENATE MAJORITY LEADER,  JOHN CORNYN (R-TX) AND HOUSE SPEAKER STEVE SCALISE (R-LA), WERE QUIZZED BY BRET BAIER, ON A MULTIPLE OF TOPICS! BAIER INQUIRED ABOUT THE DESANTIS AGENDA, "THAT PROGRESS WILL BE THERE TO SEE". BAIER ASKED SENATOR CORNYN,  THE EXPECTED DATE OF JUDGE LAGOA'S CONFIRMATION,  "BY FEBRUARY, 20 AND NO LATER".. MEANWHILE OVER ON CNN, IN THE 'SITUATION ROOM', HOSTED BY WOLF BLITZER, SENATE MINORITY LEADER, CHUCK SCHUMER (D-N.Y.), VOICED FRUSTRATION, AT THE LACK OF INPUT BY THERE PARTY IN THE LEGISLATIVE PROCESS AND DIRECTED CRITICISM AT BOTH SENATOR'S KELLY & SINEMA OF ARIZONA.

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 16 2025: WITH DAYS TO GO BEFORE HER CONFIRMATION HEARINGS COMMENCE, BARBARA LAGOA APPEARED ON THE FOX NEWS SUNDAY PROGRAM, FOR A HOUR  LONG 1 ON 1 INTERVIEW. IN THE SECOND SEGMENT OF THE TWO HOUR SPECIAL HOSTED BY SHANNON BREAM, SENATOR KYRSTEN SINEMA OF ARIZONA, DISCUSSED THE UPCOMING  IMMIGRATION REFORM EFFORT BEING SPEARHEADED BY FLORIDA SENATOR MARCO RUBIO. As for the Lagoa  interview, unlike the contentious Cruz interview on CBS'S  60 Minutes show two weeks ago, Lagoa never put a foot wrong and very much kept to her talking points. Amongst those topics discussed, were the ongoing Border criss, the effort to reform immigration, abortion and the issue of assault weapons, Lagoa pretty much kept to the script. Democrats have so far treated Lagoa with kid gloves, however, there were exceptions to that rule, California Senator Alex Padilla, who sits on the Judiciary Committee, the panel charged with the confirmation process, stated, "Lagoa's seeming  reluctance to respond on the issue of assault weapons or abortion and even the border, suggests to me, she hasn't any real position, except the one which the DeSantis administration echoes and that concerns me!".
On a separate matter, House Minority Leader, Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY), announced that Governor Westley Moore of Maryland, will offer the Democratic response to the President's upcoming speech to Congress.

CHRIS WALLACE,  SPEAKING ON CNN, REMARKED, THAT "CONSIDERING THAT THE DESANTIS ADMINISTRATION WILL HAVE VICE PRESIDENT NIKKI HALEY AS IT'S NEW "BORDER SECURITY CZAR, WE CAN SAFELY CONCLUDE THAT THE ADMINISTRATION INTEND TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM ONCE AND FOR ALL".
WALLACE ALSO ADDED THE HALEY APPOINTMENT.  "...IS A CLEAR INDICATION THERE IS SOME URGENCY FOR A RESOLUTION,  IT SHOULD BE NOTED HOWEVER, THAT THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION REALLY DIDN'T TAKE THE BORDER SITUATION THAT SERIOUSLY AND THIS SHOWS, CONSIDERING HOW JOE BIDEN PUT KAMALA HARRIS IN CHARGE OF THE BORDER SECURITY SITUATION, AND NOT ONCE DID SHE VISIT THE BORDER, EVEN AS THINGS CONTINUED TO DETERIORATE".
Junior Chimp

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2022, 05:12:42 PM »

@PRESIDENT STANTON,
On the Ambassadors. They had a lot of time to consider. Remember Congress is in Session since early January.
On your Border Wall thingy I feel irritated a bit: Why put a slap in the face of Voters who Republican had to work for extremely hard to win over? Doesn't make sense to me! I think there is another way to solve this Issue. I want to move this TL a bit away from Trump. Some of his Policies were very good, others extremely bad especially the seperation of Families at the Border. Former Homeland Chief under Trump Kirstjen Nielsen monkied this up in every imaginable way possible. She did so bad she had to resign.

Hispanic Voters should never been taken for granted IMO.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2022, 05:38:10 PM »

Point taken @2016, forgot those negatives, you outlined. But, inasmuch the border situation will have to be resolved, and the speech to congress will need to be manufactured using some imaginative policy stuff and language, that has a dual purpose,  resolve the border situation and be appealing enough to all Hispanics. Punting on the issue, will only have shortlived benefits. Bottom line,
the policy will need to have good political optics. But agreed, moving away from all the bad Trump tone deaf stuff and just embrace all the good stuff.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2022, 05:51:30 PM »

Point taken @2016, forgot those negatives, you outlined. But, inasmuch the border situation will have to be resolved, and the speech to congress will need to be manufactured using some imaginative policy stuff and language, that has a dual purpose,  resolve the border situation and be appealing enough to all Hispanics. Punting on the issue, will only have shortlived benefits. Bottom line,
the policy will need to have good political optics. But agreed, moving away from all the bad Trump tone deaf stuff and just embrace all the good stuff.
@ President Stanton,
We may have to console @SaintStan86. I am a terrible Speech Writer Wink
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2022, 06:14:21 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2022, 06:40:43 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

Can collaborate via our individual email addresses, and by all means consult @SaintStan86. Maybe by studying DeSantis's speech cadence, can get as close to something that might even have some rhetoric flourishes (e.g. LBJ "We shall overcome" or "Let us begin" or even Reagan, "Government is not the solution, Government is the problem" 🙂.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2022, 12:08:38 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2022, 01:19:40 PM by 2016 »

Thursday February 13th 2025
NOEM RESIGNS AS RHODEN BECOMES SOUTH DAKOTAS NEW GOVERNOR; SENATE CONFIRMS ERIC EIKENBERG AS THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY; DR. BEN CARSON AS SECRETARY OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES AND FORMER KENTUCKY AG. COMMISSIONER AS SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURE; THE REPUBLICAN HOUSE CAUCUS HAS SCHEDULED THEIR FIRST RETREAT SINCE THE NEW CONGRESS WAS SWORN IN JANUARY FOR NEXT WEEK IN VIRGINIA WITH TWO VERY SPECIAL GUESTS: FLOTUS CASEY DESANTIS & VICE PRESIDENT NIKKI HALEY.
South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem, as expected & telegraphed since yesterday evening, resigned as Governor of South Dakota this Morning at the State Capitol in Pierre, SD and then watched Lieutenant Governor Larry Rhoden being inaugurated and taking over the reigns.
Emerging from the Inauguration and standing side-by-side Noem remarked:"I am humbled and will be forever grateful for the people of South Dakota for their love and kindness entrusting me to represent the State that I love for the last fourteen years and I will always keep them in a special place inside my heart. (Noem was elected to South Dakotas lone House Seat in 2010 and served four terms before being elected as Governor in 2018 and then reelected in 2022). I also want to thank our now new Governor Larry Rhoden [SMILING] for standing beside me through all the trails & tribulations our State faced. He never backed down & wavered in the face of adversity and he will be a strong advocate for the people of this State. I am looking forward to my next chaper shepherding the Interior Department."
Noem is expected to be sworn in as Secretary of the Interior tomorrow in Washington.

The Senate confirmed three more of President DeSantis' Cabinet Picks today: Eric Eikenberg as Administrator to the Environmental Protection Agency with a 70-30 Vote, former Surgeon Dr. Ben Carson as Secretary of Health & Human Services by a 67-33 Vote and former Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles as Secretary of Agriculture by a 76-24 Vote. With todays Votes more than half of the New Administrations Cabinet has now been confirmed. Senate Majority Leader John Cornyn indicated that Votes for the Department of Labor, the Administrator of the Small Business Administration, the Director of the Office of Management & Budget, the U. S. Trade Representative as well as the Chair of the Council of Econmic Advisors & the Director of the Office of Science & Tech Policy will be taken next week.

Meanwhile the Republican House Caucus has scheduled their first Retreat since the 119th Congress convened in early January House Conference Chairwoman Ashley Hinson announced for next week in Virginia with Special Guests, First Lady of the United States Casey DeSantis & Vice President Nikki Haley. Both Women are expected to outline more of the "DeSantis Agenda" and stress the Importance of passing Legislation before the 100 Day Mark. There is a distinct possibility that President Ron DeSantis himself might join the Retreat as well as new Virginia Governor Winsome Sears and other elected Officials from the State.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2022, 01:22:02 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2022, 06:29:29 AM by 2016 »

CAMPAIGN NEWS 2025/2026
FIELD FOR FLORIDAS THREE CONGRESSIONAL SPECIAL ELECTIONS HAS BEEN SET
UPON LEARNING THE ENTRANCE OF MIAMI MAYOR FRANCIS SUAREZ STATE SENATOR ANA MARIA RODRIGUEZ DROPPED OUT OF THE RACE BEFORE TOMORROWS FILLING DEADLINE AND ENDORSED SUAREZ CITING "NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO DIVIDE THE CITIZENS OF THIS DISTRICT"
Mayor Suarez later in the Day also received the Endorsements of Floridas Senior Senator Marco Rubio & Governor Jeanette Nuñez.

FLORIDA-19 (Primary March 18/General: April 22)
Former U. S. Representative Rep. Curt Clawson
Businessman Casey Askar
Urologist William Figlesthaler
State Representative Mike Giallombardo
State Representative Jenna Persons

Cindy Banyai
FLORIDA-21 (Primary March 18/General April 22)
Former U. S. Representative Tom Rooney
Former State Representative MaryLynn Magar
Former State Senate President Joe Negron

Corinna Robinson
FLORIDA-28 (Primary March 18/General April 22)
Miami Mayor Francis X. Suarez
Former U. S. Representative Debbie Mucarsel-Powell
State Representative Robert Asencio
Miami-Dade County Commissioner Kionne McGhee

NEBRASKA SENATE 2026
FORMER NEBRASKA GOVERNOR PETE RICKETTS INTENDS TO RUN FOR THE OPEN SENATE SEAT FORMERLY HEAD BY NEW EDUCATION SECRETARY BEN SASSE, WILL ANNOUNCE IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS
Senate Republicans received some welcomed News this Thursday that former Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts intends to run for the Open Senate Seat formerly held by former Senator & now Education Secretary Ben Sasse the Lincoln-Journal Star & local News Station KMTV-3 in Omaha have learned. Ricketts will make an Official Announcement in a couple of months as he assembles a Campaign Team.

NEW HAMPSHIRE SENATE 2026
GOVERNOR CHRIS SUNUNU PLANS TO CHALLENGE SENATOR JEANNE SHAHEEN IN 2026; ANNOUNCEMENT LIKELY TO COME AFTER THE 2025 NEW HAMPSHIRE LEGISLATURE SESSION CONCLUDES
Republicans received even bigger News out of the Granite State when the New Hampshire Union-Leader, the Concord Monitor and WMUR-9 in Manchester almost simultanously reported the BREAKING NEWS that Governor Chris Sununu is planning to challenge 79-year old Senator Jeanne Shaheen in 2026. A Spokesperson for Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte Chair Chris van Hollen did not take this News very well calling the New Hampshire Governor a "Phony" promping the Spokesperson for the Governor firing back "Senator Shaheen always claims to be an Independent and doing everything for her Citizens. Since when!"

NEW JERSEY GOVERNOR
AS LONG ANTICIPATED AND EXPECTED NEW JERSEY LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR SHEILA OLIVER & '2021 REPUBLICAN NOMINEE JACK CIATTARELLI LAUNCH BIDS TO SUCCEED TERMED-OUT GOVERNOR PHIL MURPHY
Both, New Jersey Lieutenant Governor Sheila Oliver & '2021 Republican Nominee Jack Ciattarelli made it official today what was long expected. They are both running to succeed term-limited Governor Phil Murphy.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2022, 01:33:37 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2022, 02:41:01 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

MONDAY FEBRUARY 17 2025, SENATE MAJORITY LEADER JOHN CORNYN HAS SCHEDULED A SERIES OF CONFIRMATION VOTES  FOR EARLY IN THE WEEK: MEANWHILE CONFIRMATION HEARINGS FOR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL WILL COMMENCE ON TUESDAY,  FEBRUARY 18 2025. JUDICIARY COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN, SOUTH CAROLINA SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM, BELIEVES THE COMMITTEE WILL CONCLUDE IT'S BUSINESS BY THURSDAY AT THE LATEST, AND THERE LIKELY WILL BE A FULL SENATE VOTE HELD ON JUDGE LAGOA'S NOMINATION ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY IF POSSIBLE.  Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) in his remarks, stated "We need an Attorney General in position in a timely manner and I hope that time, will be well before the President's address to Congress, the ranking member, Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL.), suggested "There should be no problems during Judge Lagoa's hearings".
SECRETARY OF STATE, ROBERT O'BRIEN, MET IN THE OVAL OFFICE WITH PRESIDENT DESANTIS,  DURING THE PHOTO OP,  THE PRESIDENT AND THE SECRETARY OF STATE MERELY ENGAGED IN SMALL TALK, SPEAKING MOSTLY ABOUT THE NATO MEETING AND THE SITUATION  IN UKRAINE BUT SAYING VERY LITTLE ABOUT THE TURKISH OR ISRAELI STOPOVERS.

DeSantis and O'Brien  in Oval  office, before O'Brien updates on his first overseas trip as SoS.

Judge Lagoa during the rounds on Capitol prior to her confirmation hearings as Attorney General, she was meeting with fellow
Floridian and Senator Marco Rubio , who will be one of the Senator's introducing her to Senate Judiciary Committee.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2022, 02:30:59 PM »

I thought it was the 28th District that Carlos Gimenez had represented 😳
Junior Chimp

« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2022, 03:35:51 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2022, 03:49:33 PM by 2016 »

Friday February 14th 2025
NOEM SWORN IN AS SECRETARY OF THE INTERIOR; FLORIDA SENATOR MARCO RUBIO ANNOUNCES ON "THE LEAD WITH JACK TAPPER" THAT HE WILL JOIN THE GANG OF 5 TO CRAFT IMMIGRATION REFORM
Former South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem was officially sworn in as Secretary of the Interior this Morning by Vice President Nikki Haley completing her Journey back to Washington.

However the bigger News on an otherwise slow News Friday came at 12.30pm when Florida Senator Marco Rubio announced at a Press Conference in the Capitols Senate Building with Senators Sinema & Kelly as well as Republican House Representatives Cassy Garcia, Monica de la Cruz and Mayra Flores standing behind him that he would join them to craft and Co-Sponsor an Immigration Reform Bill if neccessary. Rubio said quote "Our Immigration System is broken and we need to fix it once and for all".

He then went on to CNN's Afternoon Show "The Lead with Jake Tapper" reiterating his support. Tapper pressed him and said "We all remember that you tried to pass Immigration Reform with the then Gang of Eight in 2013 and that eventually fell apart. What makes you believe it can pass this time?" Rubio: "We're in a very, very different situation Jake. Even if something had passed President Obama would have likely vetoed it. Republicans have overwhelming Majorities this time and President DeSantis would not veto it I can assure you that. The last four years have been very tough for people on the border because the previous Adminstration flat out ignored what happened. We've seen Mass Ilegal Immigration overwheming our Border Communities. I was down in Texas last year quite a few times while campaigning for fellow Republicans. and it is an absolute mess there. All this opened quite a few eyes. Even Democrats say this can't continue the way it's been." Tapper: "Senator Rubio, thank You". Rubio: "Thanks for having me on Jake".

Poltical Analysts say that this was probably the reason Senate Minority Leader Charles "Chuck" Schumer lashing out at Senators Kyrsten Sinema & Mark Kelly.

It also explains the upbeat tone by CNN's Chris Wallace.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2022, 03:58:08 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2022, 05:38:16 PM by 2016 »

Sunday February 16th 2025
WHILE SCALISE & CORNYN SPARED OVER CONFIRMATIONS & OTHER LEGISLATIVE ITEMS ON FOX NEWS SUNDAY WITH SHANNON BREAM AND IMMIGRATION REFORM WAS DISCUSSED AT LENGTH BY PANELISTS AT CNN ARIZONA SENATOR KYRSTEN SINEMA SAT DOWN WITH NBC'S CHUCK TODD ON MEET THE PRESS FOR A ONE-TO-ONE INTERVIEW

Meet The Press One-to-One Interview with Arizona Senator KYRSTEN SINEMA moderated by MTP Anchor Chuck Todd

Chuck Todd: Senator Sinema, welcome to Meet the Press!

Senator Sinema: Thanks for having me on your Show Chuck!

Chuck Todd: Senator, there is so much talk about Immigration Reform these past few Days. On Wednesday you had a 1st Meeting with the White House, your colleague Senator Kelly and the Leaders of the Republican House. We get to that a little bit later in the Show but my first Question is when did you decide to become involved overhauling the Nations Immigration System?

Senator Sinema: Thanks for the Question Chuck! I actually decided this quite awhile ago even before the 2022 Midterm Elections. I got really offended by then Vice President Harris Remark when she said quote "The Border is secure" which was and still is absolutely not true and accurate. Republicans took Congress that year but since we still had a Democratic President who would have likely vetoed any effort I or others would have made to overhaul the Immigration System it was a bit pointless to start it in the run up to a Presidential Election as it would have gone nowhere.
What I can tell you Chuck: The Situation has even more deteriorated especially since Governor Hobbs took over the State and did not wage one finger to secure the border. It's heartbreaking to see when you visit the Arizona/Mexico Border and people talking to you and telling you that they often afraid to go outside especially at Night because of Drug Cartels swarming our Communities.
Last year I then had to content with my own Re-Election Race and during that time I made a Committment to the people of Arizona that if I am fortunate to serve the people of my State for another six years I would do everything in my power to secure the border and overhaul the nations broken immigration system!

Chuck Todd: Senate Minority Leader Schumer called you a "Hypocrite" on Friday in the Situation Room on CNN. Your thoughts about that?

Senator Sinema: I know Chuck, I watched it! I find it totally ridiculous! Everyone should remind the Minority Leader that he is not beholden to radical left wing of our Party but has to work with every fraction of our Caucus. When the radical left tried to put out all norms of the Senate and the Constitution quite frankly I stood tall defending the Senate Filibuster in 2021 and 2022. When they tried to seek a carve out for example of their HR1 Elections Reform Bill I stood tall again. When they came up with the Inflation Reduction Act, which actually did nothing to reduce the Inflation in our Country I supported it. As a Result it almost did cost me my Race last year. On top of that the Senate Minority Leader dumped rougly 30M $ to defeat me in the Democratic Primary supporting my Opponent so I don't think it's fair when he says that.

Chuck Todd: Going back to the Meeting you had at the White House on Wednesday. How did that go down?

Senator Sinema: I am encouraged Chuck! The President, the Vice President, his Senior Staff and Republican Congressional Leaders seem to have a very open mind. We had a very good and honest conversation about it and what we want to do to solve the problem. There will likely be more Meetings in the not too distant future!

Chuck Todd: On Friday Florida Senator Marco Rubio joined your Group. Does he help your efforts, hurt your efforts? How do you see it?

Senator Sinema: We'll see! However I am more inclined to think that he helps since he already worked on Immigration in 2013 with seven other Senators back then. The Immigration Bill probably through would need to be somewhat stricter given what happened the last four years.

Chuck Todd: Would you support a Border Wall like former President Trump is suggesting?

Senator Sinema: Listen Chuck, a border wall should be our last resort if everything else fails. I think there are other mechanisms to secure our border. I would never sign on for a Legislation that seperates families and puts children in cages like we saw in the Administration of former President Trump. That was horrifying to see!

Chuck Todd: Senator Sinema, thank You for your time this morning!

Senator Sinema: Anytime Chuck!

Chuck Todd: That concludes our Interview with Arizona Senator Krysten Sinema. If it's Sunday, it's Meet The Press!
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2022, 04:24:53 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2022, 03:16:42 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

From top to bottom:
Eric Garcetti, Eleni Kounalakis, Kevin Faulconer, Mike Garcia, Kathryn Barger, Xavier Becerra, Kamala Harris and Hilda Solis.
CALIFORNIA DREAMING, NUMEROUS POTENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR NEXT YEAR'S GOVERNOR RACE, ARE ALREADY GEARING UP FOR RUNS. POLLING IN THE GOLDEN GATE, SUGGESTS THAT KAMALA HARRIS WOULD NOT ENJOY UNIVERSAL SUPPORT, SHOULD SHE ATTEMPT A POLITICAL COMBACK. California is suddenly on anyone's mind, who eats, drinks and breathes  politics. And since California is the big enchilada of American politics. All eyes will be on California's Governor's race, and there are various Democrats who will be vying  to replace  term-limited  Governor  Gavin Newsom , they will include Los Angeles  Mayor Eric Garcetti, Lieutenant Governor Eleni Kounalakis , who will attempt to claim a link to Barack Obama,  due her time as Ambassador to Hungary. Should former Vice President and 2024 Democratic presidential nominee, Kamala Harris , have ideas of making  a comeback, then she might want to consider looking at some recent polling, and she will find that she doesn't enjoy the kind of support from which to launch a potential comeback bid.
Other Democrats who shouldn't be ruled out include Xavier Becerra, who served as Secretary of Health  and  Human  Services under Joe Biden,  and served as Attorney General of California, replacing Kamala Harris in that position in 2017, after serving as a member of the California Congressional delegation for 24 years, and Hilda Solis , former Secretary of Labor under Barack Obama, she served alongside Becerra on the state's congressional delegation. Solis currently sits on the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors
What can't  be ignored, is there  are a number of Republican's who are encouraged considering that former House Speaker, Kevin McCarthy was elected to the Senate seat once occupied by Dianne Feinstein . Besides McCarthy's success in the Golden state, the huge inroads which DeSantis made in the state, (he carried 44 of the 58 counties) cannot be ignored. Such Republican's as Mike Garcia , who currently represents the 27th, is flirting with a run for the statehouse.  Other names to look out for, will be Kevin Faulconer , who once served as the 36th Mayor of San Diego, and made a bid for the Republican nod for California governor back in '22, but came in third.
Then there's Kathryn Barger,  who currently sits on the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors (LACBOS) for the fifth district. She could represent a change in the political scheme of things, as she is neither part of the Sacramento or Washington political realm. Another thing of note is her brother John Barger, a onetime Trump . Appointee.
With immigration likely to be dominant issue in the next cycle, Democrats will be hard pressed to explain themselves.
SaintStan86
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2022, 05:29:01 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2022, 06:07:23 PM by SaintStan86 »

So far so good, but I would also be curious as to who U.S. Ambassador to Mexico would be? Pretty sure such an ambassadorship would be crucial in negotiations at the border. I would suggest former Rep. Henry Bonilla (who at one point was considered for Secretary of Agriculture under Trump), but I know he's not the only one, though Bonilla being both Mexican-American and a former local TV news reporter and station executive gives him enough communications carte blanche to work with VP Haley on the border affair. I also wouldn't be shocked if Henry Cuellar (former Democratic Rep. from the border who has since become seen as "too conservative" for the Democrats) is given some sort of opportunity within the DeSantis administration as well.

Also, for U.S. Ambassador to Ireland, while it's not clear about his politics, I would lean towards current PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan, who in the original Blank Canvas TL has retired from the post and lives around the corner from where Ron DeSantis used to live when he was a member of Congress. If not for an ambassadorship, an advisory position to Secretary of Commerce Glenn Youngkin with regards to sports and physical fitness would be nice, though not the Council associated with that matter (the President's Council on Sports, Fitness, and Nutrition), which I'm going to leave to an actual former pro athlete. I imagine the closest competition for Monahan for the position under Youngkin will be UFC President Dana White, but Dana White is as entrenched with UFC as Steve McMahon was to WWE before the latter got MeToo'd - therefore casting doubt into whether or not White will want to leave his lucrative post leading UFC for an arguably lower-profile position under a White House Cabinet secretary.

Lastly, I shall mention that Trump's former U.S. Ambassador to Denmark, Carla Sands, might be a potential starting point as far as a potential advisor with regards to whatever President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities gets reestablished is concerned (this council was disbanded in the wake of Trump's "very fine people" comments that arguably represented the second-lowest point (J6 being the lowest) of 45's presidency). I'd also see if Monroe County Commissioner and former Florida State Rep. Holly Merrill Raschein (who chairs Florida's Council on Arts and Culture) would be a decent fit for that commission as well. One thing I'm not going to go into detail on: the Kennedy Center Honors...who knows who will be considered for that?

But as I have said, I would imagine Russia and China to be very critical in regards to foreign policy objectives. A look through the foreign service ranks from the Trump era would be a starting point. (The link is actually a cached version of the current Wikipedia page which is all Biden's current ambassadors now.)
Junior Chimp

« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2022, 06:50:18 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2022, 11:04:27 AM by 2016 »

60TH PRESIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATION

THE EXECUTIVE

President Ron DeSantis
of Florida

Source: Wikimedia Commons
Author: Government of Florida

Vice President Nikki Haley
of South Carolina

Source: Wikimedia Commons
Author: United States Department of State

President of the United States of America RONALD DION „RON“ DESANTIS (SWORN IN JANUARY 2020 2025)

Vice President of the United States of America NIKKI RANDHAWA HALEY (SWORN IN JANUARY 2020 2025)

THE PRESIDENTIAL CABINET

ROBERT CHARLES O'BRIEN as Secretary of State (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote)

KENNETH BRAITHWAITE as Secretary of Defense (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote)

DAVID HAROLD MCCORMICK as Secretary of the Treasury (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote)

All 3 Individuals were confirmed because of a Deal that had been struck between Republican Senate Majority Leader John Cornyn of Texas & Democratic Senate Minority Leader Charles "Chuck" Schumer of New York before President DeSantis took Office on Monday, January 20th at Noon.
O'Brien, Braithwaite & McCormick were sworn into Office on the Morning of Tuesday, January 21st by Vice President Nikki Haley.
White House Chief of Staff Byron Lowell Donalds & National Security Advisor Dina Habib Powell-McCormick took the Oath of Office that same Day.

BRIAN JEFFERY MAST as Secretary of Veterans Affairs (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 75-25; Summitted Resignation to the Speaker of the House Monday, January 27th 2025)

CARLOS ANTONIO GIMENEZ as Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 82-18; Summitted Resignation to the Speaker of the House Monday, January 27th 2025)

Vice President Nikki Haley once again administered the Oath of Office for both, Mast & Gimenez during the Afternoon Hours of Monday, January 27th 2025 after both House Members summitted their Resignations in the Morning.

The next Confirmation Roll Call Votes will be for Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin to be Secretary of Commerce and Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse to be Secretary of Education. The Senate will likely to vote during the Senate Business Hours on Tuesday, January 28th 2022 or Wednesday, January 29th 2022 as Senate Majority Leader Cornyn has already filled for Cloture.

GLENN ALLEN YOUNGKIN as Secretary of the Department of Commerce (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 85-15; Resigned as 74th Governor of Virginia on Thursday January 30th 2025; Sworn in as Secretary of Commerce Friday January 31st 2025)

BENJAMIN ERIC SASSE as Secretary of the Department of Education (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 83-16; Summitted Resignation to the Senate Thursday January 30th 2025; Sworn in as Secretary of Education Friday January 31st 2025)

JON MAEDE HUNTSMAN as Secretary of the Department of Energy (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote; Sworn in Secretary of Energy Friday February 7th 2025)

TIMOTHY EUGENE SCOTT as Secretary of the Department of Housing & Urban Development (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote; Summitted Resignation to the Senate Thursday February 6th 2025; Sworn in as Secretary of Housing & Urban Development Friday February 7th 2025)

CHRISTOPHER DOUGLAS STEWART as Director of National Intelligence (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote; Summitted Resignation to the Speaker of the House Thursday February 6th 2025; Sworn in as Director of National Intelligence Friday February 7th 2025)

NICOLE ROBILOTTO NASON as Secretary of the Department of Transportation (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 66-33; Sworn in as Secretary of Transportation Friday February 7th 2025)

In another Deal reached between Majority Leader Cornyn & Minority Leader Schumer 3 more of President DeSantis Cabinet Nominations were confirmed on Thursday, February 6th 2025 by a proforma Vote: Jon Meade Huntsman as Secretary of Energy, Timothy Eugene Scott as Secretary of Housing & Urban Development & Christopher Douglas Stewart as Director of National Intelligence. The Senate conducted one Roll Call Vote and confirmed Nicole Robilotto Nason as Secretary of Transportation with a 66-33 Vote.

JOHN LEE RATCLIFFE as Director of Central Intelligence Agency (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 71-27;Sworn in as the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency Wednesday February 12th 2025)

Senate Majority Leader John Cornyn of Texas has indicated that at least 4 more Votes will be taken next week for the Nomination of Interior, Health & Human Services, Agriculture and the Environment Protection Agency.

KRISTI LYNN NOEM as Secretary of the Department of the Interior (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 58-42; Sworn in as Secretary of the Interior Friday February 14th 2025)

BENJAMIN SOLOMON CARSON SR as Secretary of the Department of Health & Human Services (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 67-33; Sworn in as Secretary of Health & Human Services Monday February 17th 2025)

RYAN FRANCIS QUARLES as Secretary of the Department of Agriculture (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 76-24; Sworn in as Secretary of Agriculture Monday February 17th 2025)

ERIC EIKENBERG as Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 70-30; Sworn in as the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency Monday February 17th 2025)

The Week from Monday, February 17th to Friday February 21st 2025 will likely be the Final Week where the Final DeSantis' Cabinet Confirmation Votes will take place.

Senate Majority Leader John Cornyn has scheduled Votes for the Department of Labor, the Administrator of the Small Business Administration, the Director of the Office of Management & Budget, the U. S. Trade Representative as well as the Chair of the Council of Econmic Advisors and the Director of the Office of Science & Tech Policy with potentially either the Vote for Attorney General or Ambassador to the United Nations being the Final ones.

STEPHEN MOORE as Chairman of the National Council of Economic Advisors (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 78-22; Sworn in as Chairman of the National Council of Economic Advisors Thursday February 20th 2025)

CURTIS JOSEPH „CJ“ MAHONEY as U. S. Trade Representative (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 76-24; Sworn in as U. S. Trade Representative Thursday February 20th 2025)

BRAD CLOSE as Administrator of the Small Business Administration (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 81-19; Sworn in as Administrator of the Small Business Administration February 20th 2025)

PETE PETERSON as Director of the Office of Management and Budget (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 80-20; Sworn in as the Director of the Office of Management and Budget February 20th 2025)

ANDREW DAVID „DREW“ BAGLINO as Director of the Office of Science & Tech Policy (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote;)

RICHARD ALLEN GRENELL as Ambassador to the United Nations (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 54-46; Sworn in as Ambassador to the United Nations Friday February 21st 2025)

BLAKE GATES MASTERS as Secretary of the Department of Labor (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 59-41; Sworn in as Secretary of Labor Friday February 21st 2025)

THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
CONFIRMATION

Nominated former Texas Senator RAFAEL EDWARD CRUZ as Attorney General on January 7th 2025 (shortly after President DeSantis was inaugurated Questions began to arise on this Nomination with several Republican Senators declaring not to confirm the Presidents Pick; a bothed Interview on CBS's 60 Minutes on February 2nd 2025 eventually sunk the Cruz' Nomination; the former Texas Senator, after a Meeting with Senior White House Staff & Advisors, subsequently withdrew his Nomination on Monday February 3rd 2025)

In the immediate Aftermath after the failed Ted Cruz' Nomination Speculation surrounded who would replace him with two Names frequently being mentioned, former SOCILITOR GENERAL under President Trump NOEL FRANCISCO as well as UNITED STATES JUDGE FOR THE 11TH COURT OF APPEALS BARBARA LAGOA, who won her Appointment as a Judge to the Federal Bench in 2019 by a resounding 80-15 Vote.
After deliberatating with CoS Donalds, Senior Advisor Brad Harold & White House Council Chris Sprowls President DeSantis eventually decided on a compromise nominating LAGOA as Attorney General & FRANCISCO as Deputy Attorney General.
News to the Media leaked out during the Afternoon of Wednesday, February 5th 2025 that LAGOA would be chosen and she was officially nominated by President DeSantis during the early Evening of Friday February 7th 2025 in the East Room of the White House with her family & Vice President Haley in Attandance.
Lagoa's Selection drew widespread support from Senate Republicans with Majority Leader John Cornyn telling FOX NEWS BRET BAIER during an Interview on Special Report that her Nomination would be fast tracked. When questioned why Cornyn stayed mum but Sources inside the White House claimed that President DeSantis wanting her to be confirmed before a Joint Session of Congress where he would address the Nation for the first time since his Inaugural Address which House Speaker Steve Scalise invited him for Wednesday, February 26th 2025.

Nominated former United States Judge for the 11th Court of Appeals BARBARA LAGOA as Attorney General on February 7th 2025 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 69-30 on February 21st 2025; Sworn in 87th Attorney General and only the 2nd Women to hold this Office on Tuesday February 25th 2025)

DeSantis' Cabinet confirmed! Non-Cabinet Level Appointments will be listed within this Post soon.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2022, 07:24:18 PM »

Cornyn , is one crafty customer, scheduling the more contentious confirmation votes, towards the end. Schumer lashing out at Kelly & Sinema for their engagement on fashioning an immigration deal, is very bush league. Guess the Senate minority leader isn't into bipartisanship unless its on his term's. He should get used to the idea, that he's the very junior partner in the current scheme of things.

Next up: The Lagoa confirmation hearings get underway! Heated exchanges between Padilla and Lee on Lagoa's fitness to be Attorney General! Let the fireworks begin!
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2022, 08:19:21 PM »

Will DeSantis repeal the 22nd?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2022, 08:24:35 PM »

I don't think he has the votes in enough state legislatures to so. He'd probably need another GOP wave in 2024 to get the votes to do so in Congress, in fact.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies