America's Maverick Part 2: Madame President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 02, 2023, 04:14:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  America's Maverick Part 2: Madame President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Poll
Question: Should I switch to using Fox News for this Part of the TL
Stick to CNN

Switch to Fox News

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: America's Maverick Part 2: Madame President  (Read 10106 times)
Old School Republican
Computer89
Atlas Superstar

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 2.09

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2023, 06:42:56 PM »

Israel and other nations across middle east ramp up security in wake of the Iranian and Syrian Invasion of Iraq

Amanpour: The Israeli Government since the Iranian and Syrian Invasion of Iraq have raised their security levels to the highest levels and have put their military on full preparedness mode just in case the war in the Gulf spreads into Israel. This is also the case with nations around the region such as Tukey, Saudi Arabia, Jordan all of whom have increased military preparedness in reaction to the invasion as many nations in the region are increasingly worried about the possibility of a war that could span the entire middle east. With us now is Former Secretary of State Joe Lieberman who will explain us more about this possibility. So Secretary Lieberman how likely is the war to spread

Lieberman: I do think it is a worry that it could spread which is why nations across the middle east and especially Israel and Turkey are preparing for such an event to happen as its always better to be overprepared then underprepared. I also think the best way to stop it from spreading is too stop the Iranian and Syrian invasion of Iraq dead in its track as a lesson we learned from history, is imperialistic forces only learn to stop when they suffer consequences from such actions.

Amanpour: An interesting thing that apparently has come out is that Turkey will not be used as a launching pad for the fight back against Iran and Syria, why is that

Lieberman: Well number 1 , that is prepping a potential launch pad would take months and in that time period we would likely see the war expanded to Turkey and potentially Israel and that is something that we don't want to see happen. Number two and that is due to that, Turkey very likely made it part of their condition to invoke article 5, that Turkey isnt used as a staging ground and I think the US agreed to that point which is why we are not gonna use it as a staging ground

Breaking News: Northern Front not going well for Iraqis as enemy troops enter Kirkuk and Mosul. Central Front going much better as Iraqi troops are holding off enemy advances .

Blitzer : We are just getting news that Iranian forces have entered the city of Kirkuk and the Syrians have entered Mosul , two major cities in the Northern part of Iraq . Now with us is a military expert who will tell us more about how the war is going so far

Military Expert: Well Wolf if you look at the map, the Iraqis do have a lot to worry about in the North given two of the five largest cities in the country are in that region and right now with enemy forces in both cities you are likely gonna see a lot of bloodshed and an extremely fierce fight as if these cities fall, then all of Northern Iraq will be likely controlled by the the Iranians or Syrians

Blitzer: What about in the Central front and southern front.

Military Expert: Well those areas are going much better for the Iraqis as keep in mind Baghdad is situated in the center so it made more sense for the Iraqis to keep most of their resources in the center as a loss in Baghdad would be completely catastrophic so stopping the advance there is critical. Right now what we can see is that Iranian troops are so far having struggles capturing cities like Kut and Amara , both of which are critical on the pathway to Baghdad.

Blitzer: How long do you think those two cities can hold

Military Expert: Well it will be difficult for the Iraqis to hold them , but the longer they can the better as one it will deplete the resources Iranians have for their war effort, slow them down on their path to Baghdad and also give us time to help prepare the counter offensive and end this war as soon as possible.

Blitzer: What will the US military be able to do in the short run

Military Expert: Well while we only have at this moment limited air forces in Iraq , it is still enough to slow down the advance of the Iranians and Syrians and like I pointed out earlier, that is very important.

Old School Republican
Computer89
Atlas Superstar

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2023, 06:48:49 PM »

Excerpts of President Clinton's 2011 State of the Union Address

Souce: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/app/uploads/2019/02/RTX6LFXE-1024x683-e1549455385158.jpg

Speaker Boehner: Ladies and Gentleman , its my high honor to welcome to you , the President of the United States!!(Standing Ovation)

Clinton: Speaker Boehner, Vice President Rockefeller , newly elected members of Congress , distinguished guests and my fellow Americans: when I was first preparing this speech , I had first well planned to give this speech a little later(laughter) and talk about the list of priorities that I had come up with Speaker Boehner and Senate Majority Leader Schumer but of course those priorities have changed.  The invasion of Iraq , a sovereign democratic nation, by the governments of Iran and Syria show that once again that freedom is once again under attack by the enemies of freedom and the number one priority of the United States just like it has many times in the past has to be to defend freedom when it is under attack(Standing Ovation). I have ordered the full capabilities of our military to be used to defend the Iraqi people from this attack and I can tell you that the Iranians and Syrians will be defeated and even if it may not be easy, we will defeat them(Standing Ovation). I also want to commend the bravery of the Iraqi military who have stood up against the forces of evil, to defend their people from tyranny and their courage has been an inspiration to the rest of the world(Applause) which is why I am more confident then ever that Iraq will remain a free and democratic nation(Standing Ovation).

Now while our struggle currently is against the forces of Iran and Syria we must realize that they aren't the only enemies of freedom out there and we must continue the work of my predecessor President John McCain along with many Presidents before him in making the world safe for liberty(Applause). This means not only do we need to defend freedom militarily like we are doing now , but create incentives for nations to liberalize their societies(Applause). Such incentives include a better or worse trade relationship with us based on their record on basic individual liberty , and promoting our democratic values in developing nations(Applause). This isnít a new fight as throughout our history we have been a beacon of democracy against absolute monarchies , militarily dictatorships , fascists and communists and today many of those nations that once were those things are thriving democracies(Applause) and our close friends and we will continue to be that beacon(Standing ovation).

To achieve this though we must not only strengthen our relations with nations across the world but also keep our economy at home strong(Applause) because without a strong economy none of this would be possible(Applause). Due to this crises , oil prices are expected to go up which is why I have asked you in Congress to pass a piece of legislation that would make it easier to the United States to produce oil, while at the same time balancing concerns of our environment(applause) We also must invest money into Infrastructure, along with Research and Development that will help our nation remain the leaders in innovation and ensure that role does not go to autocratic nations(Applause). The same is true of our financial system, a system that is a key part in helping keep our economy moving and as you may know a bipartisan report about weaknesses in our financial system is about to be released as well, and it is our job to use that report to take our actions to deal with those weaknesses to ensure it does not risk our economy(Applause).

Last but not least, due to the fact we will be asking hundreds of thousands of our brave men and women in our military to go and put their lives at risk in defense of freedom, we must ensure that when they come home they are treated with the gratitude of all of us. This means we must put more effort into helping our veterans deal with Post Traumatic Stress disorder as well as any war related issues to help them adjust back to civilian life when they come home(Standing Ovation). These men and women are our nation's heroes and it is on the rest of us to make sure they are treated as heroes which is why I believe we must increase funding to the VA, to PTSD treatment, job retraining,  and to help create more generous VA loans to make it easier for them to buy homes when they come back from overseas(Applause) . That is our responsibility to them and I look forward to working with you all to achieve this.

Thank You, May God Bless You and May God Bless our Troops(Standing Ovation).
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2023, 08:30:11 PM »

John Boehner becomes speaker as in OTL
Old School Republican
Computer89
Atlas Superstar

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2023, 04:01:03 PM »

Breaking News: Mosul shaping up to be deadliest US battle since Korea as fatalities could cross Hue City

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y468y6AyGaQ

Blitzer: As fighting intensifies in Mosul , the 2nd largest city in Iraq, US troops have been more and more involved in the fighting and sadly that has resulted in many American troops losing their lives as well. Now with us is our military correspondent who will explain to us why this battle has been so costly for American troops

Military Correspondent: The main issue here is that is given how close Mosul is to the Syrian Border, by the time US troops started to go in to Mosul, the Syrian troops were already there and that has resulted in heavy casualties as close in urban battles are very deadly. Second given how big the city is, the fact is we cannot afford a strategy of just falling back to avoid casualties as if Mosul falls, it would have to be taken by force anyway for the war to be won, so its better to defend it at the moment then it is to allow it to fall.

Blitzer: How bad have American fatalities have been

Military Correspondent: Well right now this battle has been the deadliest for US troops since the Battle of Hue City in Vietnam and it likely will surpass it given that Mosul likely will turn into a meatgrinder. Also the fact is it is much harder to use air power in urban battles than it is in the open desert given how many civilians live in urban areas, so Mosul will likely become a meat grinder for a few months.

Now I will like to add , that  the Iraqi's doing as well in the Central and Southern Front as they have has been bad, imagine how bad this type of urban warfare would have been in Baghdad if Iranian troops entered before the city was able to become fortified. So I will say that yes what is happening in Mosul is terrible, but that does not mean focusing more on the Central and Southern Front was a mistake, as otherwise we would be seeing this happen in Baghdad instead and that would be far far worse.

Vice President Rockefeller and Energy Secretary Ed Rendell meets with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper to talk about joint US-Canada energy strategy:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd2B1rkscTMeWdSFFyA74yw/videos?app=desktop

Cooper: Vice President Rockefeller and Energy Secretary Ed Rendell met with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper to discuss a joint US-Canada energy strategy to deal with skyrocketing energy costs due to the war. The Vice President before boarding Air Force Two to fly back to Washington said this

Rockefeller: I along with Secretary Rendell had an very productive meeting with Prime Minister Harper along with his team about how we can work together to help both our nations deal with skyrocketing energy costs. One thing that we both agreed on almost immediately  is increasing our energy production and also find efficient ways to transport different types of energy between our nations.

We also spoke of many other ways to boost energy production such as increasing funding for alternative energies such as solar, wind, and nuclear while also making it easier to produce our own oil and natural gas and we really need to do all of the above in order to really stop a potential energy crises

Old School Republican
Computer89
Atlas Superstar

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2023, 01:55:42 AM »

Congressman Ron Paul becomes first Republican to Announce Presidential Bid:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOv1K8ikz5E

Paul: Thank You Thank You. While many believe that now is not the type of announcements such as this, I disagree as now is the time more than ever for someone to stand up against the conventional wisdom in Washington that has gotten involved in this brutal war in the Middle East and propose to the American people a change to this failed foreign policy that is getting thousands of our men and women killed(Applause). The reason we are in this position today is instead of staying out of affairs that don't involve us, we decided to Invade Iraq in 2003 and then even after we completed our mission , decided to keep what the establishment called a residual force in Iraq in order to police the region while at the same time we were imposing brutal sanctions on Iran and Syria(Applause). The fact is the reason the Iranians and Syrians attacked us is because our presence in Iraq made it clear to them that we would intent to use it to bring on regime change to their nations so they viewed us to be a threat to them(Applause). Now that the war has begun, there is only one way to end it and that is to tell the Iranians and Syrians that we will withdraw fully from the region and end the brutal sanctions that we have imposed on them and that is something I implore the President to do right now(Applause). Doing this along with closing our bases in Europe and Asia will finally allow us to bring back a sensible and non interventionist foreign policy and that is why I have decided to run for President of the United States(Applause).

I have also decided to run for President because the fact is we need a President to stand up against an economic system that devalues our currency every year by abolishing the unconstitutional federal reserve system(Applause). We also need a President who stands up against our growing debt and we can make a start by immediately getting rid of the Departments of Commerce, Education, Interior, Energy and Housing and Urban Development as all 5 departments are unnecessary waste of taxpayer money and also clear examples of encroachment of federal power in areas that once belonged to the states and private enterprise(Applause). I then will immediately propose a budget that will eliminate the deficit if enacted at once because the fact is we cannot afford to keep growing our national debt, and If elected we will immediately begin the process of paying down the debt rather than adding to it(Applause).

Now we will face a lot of opposition from the forces of the status quo if we want to bring these changes which is why a new movement must be built to take them on and that is why I am running for President of the United States(Applause). Thank You, May God Bless You and May God Bless America.

Former President George HW Bush talks about similarities between current war in the Gulf and the one in 1991

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCPLpP6NI-w

Amanpour: Many have compared this war to the Gulf War fought against Saddam Hussain's Iraq back in 1991. As the commander in chief of the military that won that war, do you see any similarities between that war and this one

Bush: I do see some similarities Christiane, as today as in the early 1990s you see an hostile autocratic power try to assert its power in the gulf region by invasion a neighboring country , and like in the early 1990s much of the world community has come to the defense of the attacked nation  but there are a few differences as well

Amanpour: Like what

Bush: Well for one , in the early 1990s it was just one power that attacked while this time there is two and most importantly the fundamentals and timing of the conflict are different. First of all Iraq is way larger than Kuwait so the battlefield is very different than it was in 1991, second by the time the war against Saddam started we had already fully were able to build up the military strength needed to win the war , while this time we have been forced to fight and build up at the same time which can lead to a lot of causalities.

Amanpour: Is that why there was no major urban battles in 1991 unlike today

Bush: It played a huge part Christiane but I want to point out that our military today just like our military back then has done an admirable job fighting back aggression and I am fully sure that aggression will be defeated just like it was back then.

Amanpour: Thanks for coming on President Bush

Bush: Anytime Christiane
Old School Republican
Computer89
Atlas Superstar

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2023, 02:00:08 AM »

Breaking: Iranian Troops enter outskirts of Baghdad

Blitzer: We have some breaking news to report and that is Iranian Troops have reached the outskirts of Baghdad after taking the city of Kut. Now joining us is our military correspondent who will tell us more about what is happening

Military Correspondent: Well before people worry, I want people to know that this was always expected by US intelligence to happen, and in fact its happened later than many thought it would. Due to that Baghdad has now become extremely fortified and that justs not the core of the city but the outskirts as well which is why they faced a lot of resitance there from Allied troops today. Pretty much every street corner in Iraq is being defended by troops and tanks so taking the city is gonna be extremely difficult espicially given that fact that places like Karbala and Hillah are still in control of Iraqi forces meaning the allies will have the ability to resupply troops to Baghdad as well and break through Iranian lines.

Blitzer: What about attacks from different directions

Correspondent: Well the issue with that is that the Iranians and Syrians are still fighting in major cities across Iraq which would be in path to Baghdad such as Mosul, Fallujah, Samarra which means they still wont be able to attack Baghdad from all areas like they hoped to do

Blitzer: How have the causalities been

Correspondent : Mosul has been extremely deadly for US troops as it has become the deadliest US battle since World War Two and approaching the deadliest operation as well surpassing even the deaths the US had in the Chinese Invasion of South Korea. One piece of good news is the rate of causalities for the US has dropped as the war has progressed as US and NATO forces have been able to increase their presence.

Blitzer: What is taking so long to get to full strength

Correspondent: Well the fact is we just cannot move troops at will into areas of Iraq and stuff like tanks and air force jets has to be brought in from other nations. So this is just a logistics issue that likely was unavoidable given the invasion.

House and Senate pass bill that increases spending for Veterans Care and President Clinton signs it into law

Source: https://www.youtube.com/c/VAVetBenefits/videos

Cooper: The House and Senate passed a bill earlier today that increases spending to the VA by 250 billion over the next 10 years. This will be how the 250 billion be allocated :

50 Billion- Help Veterans Deal with PTSD
80 Billion- Building new VA hospitals and hiring new doctors
50 billion - more funding for VA scholarships as well as job retraining
30 billion - will go to housing aid
40 billion - will be able to be spent on the discretion of the VA itself.

The President when singing the bill called it a great win for not only our troops currently fighting in Iraq against the Syrians and Iranians but also for veterans of all prior wars as well. Joining her at the signing ceremony was Former President McCain who called the bill a great win for our troops and veterans and thanked Congress for passing it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies