FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:18:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 120643 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1950 on: September 11, 2022, 07:38:17 AM »

Looks like a whole new crop of people to interview. But with the news story, Trump knows about the interest in the boxes. The coincidence of dates is disturbing.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1951 on: September 11, 2022, 09:02:45 AM »

The boxes are the same, too:

The idea that he hid documents in Ivana's coffin looks slightly less like a joke now.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1952 on: September 11, 2022, 10:29:04 AM »

The boxes are the same, too:

I realize this is hardly the point, but I must note that the insanity of the Trump era has made it so that username @the_peetape did not phase me in the slightest.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1953 on: September 11, 2022, 12:19:56 PM »

Can someone please explain in dumb people terms what exactly a special master does?
This guy did just in time!

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1954 on: September 11, 2022, 05:23:35 PM »

Damning, isn't it!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1955 on: September 11, 2022, 05:43:10 PM »

Well, we don't know what was in the boxes; it might well have been autographed pictures of Trump or something.  But it's certainly suspicious and, in light of everything else that has happened, warrants further investigation.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1956 on: September 11, 2022, 06:03:08 PM »

An autographed photo of Cal Ripken, Jr. or Michael Jordan would not be evidence unless it was used to hide something.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1957 on: September 11, 2022, 07:31:41 PM »

LOL my (very tongue-in-cheek) post in reaction to the news about the boxes of documents being taken to NJ got moderated. Republicans routinely call for worse punishments for far less serious crimes. Next time anyone asks me why I treat republicans like they are completely undeserving of respect my answer is going to be, "b/c we are held to different standards."
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1958 on: September 11, 2022, 08:05:16 PM »

LOL my (very tongue-in-cheek) post in reaction to the news about the boxes of documents being taken to NJ got moderated. Republicans routinely call for worse punishments for far less serious crimes. Next time anyone asks me why I treat republicans like they are completely undeserving of respect my answer is going to be, "b/c we are held to different standards."

Understatement with a sufficiently subtle lacing of otherwise most appropriate acid to escape the claws of the vice principals who may not share your brand of dry humor has its virtues my dear lad. Carry on.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1959 on: September 11, 2022, 09:10:19 PM »

Understatement with a sufficiently subtle lacing of otherwise most appropriate acid to escape the claws of the vice principals who may not share your brand of dry humor has its virtues my dear lad. Carry on.

Well put. Admittedly, it may have come off as serious, when it was honestly an off-the-cuff comment meant to capture the magnitude of the situation, if indeed those boxes were actually full of classified documents. Whatever the case, the best punishment for a narcissist like trump is to be put in a prison cell for 20 years and to have absolutely no one on Earth pay any attention to him. Capital punishment would be mercy.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1960 on: September 11, 2022, 11:49:43 PM »

With Queen death I am glad this has been bumped because we aren't getting any answers in the Prosecution of Trump but I know the reason why DOJ or GA hasnt moved on indicting Trump due to Espionage
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1961 on: September 12, 2022, 09:10:20 AM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1962 on: September 12, 2022, 09:25:00 AM »

I take it that despite Cannon's importunings, the two sides were not able to work out a deal regarding the classified documents that she requested happen by Friday.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1963 on: September 12, 2022, 01:54:32 PM »

Texas woman arrested for death threats against Judge Cannon.

It sounds like the accused is way off the deep end:

Gish also made a number of outlandish comments in the Sept. 1 calls, saying she's "in charge of nuclear" for the country and has a "license to kill," the court filings said. At one point in the voicemails she said she's working for Trump as his "hitman," while at another point she accused Trump of having orchestrated the Sept. 11 attacks and claimed he is marked for assassination as well, they said.
U.S. marshals were able to identify Gish as the caller by tracing her cell phone number, the criminal complaint says. Prosecutors said she has a history of "delusional conduct" and has "claimed to be a CIA agent, a Navy SEAL, an Army Ranger, and someone familiar with nuclear weapons or war, all while intermixing threats to public officials such as former President Donald Trump or former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton."
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1964 on: September 12, 2022, 07:01:59 PM »

Texas woman arrested for death threats against Judge Cannon.

It sounds like the accused is way off the deep end:

Gish also made a number of outlandish comments in the Sept. 1 calls, saying she's "in charge of nuclear" for the country and has a "license to kill," the court filings said. At one point in the voicemails she said she's working for Trump as his "hitman," while at another point she accused Trump of having orchestrated the Sept. 11 attacks and claimed he is marked for assassination as well, they said.
U.S. marshals were able to identify Gish as the caller by tracing her cell phone number, the criminal complaint says. Prosecutors said she has a history of "delusional conduct" and has "claimed to be a CIA agent, a Navy SEAL, an Army Ranger, and someone familiar with nuclear weapons or war, all while intermixing threats to public officials such as former President Donald Trump or former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton."

She might be the most literal definition of the term "radical centrist"ever.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1965 on: September 12, 2022, 07:51:14 PM »

I had seen some predictions on legal Twitter that the government would be OK with Dearie, who is reportedly a model judge.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1966 on: September 12, 2022, 07:54:27 PM »

I had seen some predictions on legal Twitter that the government would be OK with Dearie, who is reportedly a model judge.
So the point was just to stall this as much as possible?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1967 on: September 12, 2022, 08:08:12 PM »

So the point was just to stall this as much as possible?

Everything Trump's lawyers are doing is an attempt to stall this as much as possible.  They're undoubtedly hoping to tie things up in appeals for months or years.  Our resident lawyers would no doubt tell you that the #1 defense tactic is to delay.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1968 on: September 12, 2022, 09:03:35 PM »

Sean Hannity: Look at all these CRIMES Trump has committed!
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1969 on: September 13, 2022, 01:41:51 PM »

Sean Hannity: Look at all these CRIMES Trump has committed!

That is so crazy.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1970 on: September 15, 2022, 01:42:38 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1971 on: September 15, 2022, 03:50:31 PM »

Trump warns of 'problems' like 'we've never seen' if he's indicted

Former President Donald Trump said Thursday the nation would face “problems ... the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen” if he is indicted over his handling of classified documents after leaving office, an apparent suggestion that such a move by the Justice Department could spark violence from Trump’s supporters.

The former president said an indictment wouldn’t stop him from running for the White House again and repeatedly said Americans “would not stand” for his prosecution.

“If a thing like that happened, I would have no prohibition against running,” Trump said in an interview with conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt. “I think if it happened, I think you’d have problems in this country the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen before. I don’t think the people of the United States would stand for it.”

“I think they’d have big problems. Big problems. I just don’t think they’d stand for it. They will not sit still and stand for this ultimate of hoaxes,” Trump said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/15/trump-warns-of-problems-like-weve-never-seen-if-hes-indicted-00056911
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1972 on: September 15, 2022, 05:49:08 PM »

Trump warns of 'problems' like 'we've never seen' if he's indicted

Former President Donald Trump said Thursday the nation would face “problems ... the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen” if he is indicted over his handling of classified documents after leaving office, an apparent suggestion that such a move by the Justice Department could spark violence from Trump’s supporters.

The former president said an indictment wouldn’t stop him from running for the White House again and repeatedly said Americans “would not stand” for his prosecution.

“If a thing like that happened, I would have no prohibition against running,” Trump said in an interview with conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt. “I think if it happened, I think you’d have problems in this country the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen before. I don’t think the people of the United States would stand for it.”

“I think they’d have big problems. Big problems. I just don’t think they’d stand for it. They will not sit still and stand for this ultimate of hoaxes,” Trump said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/15/trump-warns-of-problems-like-weve-never-seen-if-hes-indicted-00056911

No I think those would be problems we've very much already seen.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1973 on: September 15, 2022, 06:45:00 PM »

So cool that Trump is completely above the law because of some hack judges
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1974 on: September 15, 2022, 06:46:31 PM »

Yeah, the judge is just proving at this point that she's a complete Trump hack.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies