FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 06:29:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 120558 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: August 13, 2022, 06:45:17 PM »

"Don't prosecute Trump, his supporters might react negatively" is perhaps the most reprehensible defense I've seen here.

It implies that Trump supporters devoid of agency and that we must all walk on eggshells to avoid risking their wrath, as if they're a rabid dog that might attack us if we look at it the wrong way. It also implies that if someone has enough supporters, they should be effectively above the law.

It's amounts to a policy of appeasement, essentially.

The justice system can't make its decisions contingent on whether it is under terrorist threat.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1176 on: August 13, 2022, 06:50:58 PM »

I think this is the ultimate “but her emails” moment.

That's what makes this scandal somehow one of the most infuriating though. Trump literally did what Clinton was accused of, and in a much more literal, much more brazen, much more obvious way. Hell, this whole scandal is GOP hypocrisy distilled. It's maddening!

*Inhales and exhales* I am, however, pleased to see that my Trump hubris theory continues to be backed up. Every time he is overconfident about something it comes back around and bites him in the ass. And nobody is more overconfident than Trump, so this single scandal, even discounting the innumerable other ones, was a long time coming.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1177 on: August 13, 2022, 06:56:11 PM »

"Don't prosecute Trump, his supporters might react negatively" is perhaps the most reprehensible defense I've seen here.

It implies that Trump supporters devoid of agency and that we must all walk on eggshells to avoid risking their wrath, as if they're a rabid dog that might attack us if we look at it the wrong way. It also implies that if someone has enough supporters, they should be effectively above the law.

It would certainly help if the cult leader himself would issue a single statement to the effect of "Hey you lovely beautiful MAGA folks out there... please stop threatening to kill federal agents and judges, or actually trying to like that one guy in Ohio.  Don't be like that guy.  Love ya!"

His silence on that front - while simultaneously churning out the expected "I HAVE BEEN VIOLATED" garbage every few minutes - is deafening.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1178 on: August 13, 2022, 06:57:40 PM »

It would certainly help if the cult leader himself would issue a single statement to the effect of "Hey you lovely beautiful MAGA folks out there... please stop threatening to kill federal agents and judges, or actually trying to like that one guy in Ohio.  Don't be like that guy.  Love ya!"

His silence on that front - while simultaneously churning out the expected "I HAVE BEEN VIOLATED" garbage every few minutes - is deafening.

It's the insurrection all over again. If anything proves his mental state and motivations during that time, it's history repeating itself again presently right here.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1179 on: August 13, 2022, 07:13:22 PM »

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1180 on: August 13, 2022, 07:16:41 PM »

These domestic violent extremists are the ones deciding GOP primaries, and reshaping the Republican Party in their image.  The question voters in November have to ask is whether they want these terrorists to decide the future of the country (and their lives).  Tongue

As MTG said recently, the old Republican Party is dead.  It is now Trump's party -and these guys are his most loyal supporters. 
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1181 on: August 13, 2022, 07:22:19 PM »

It's amounts to a policy of appeasement, essentially.

The justice system can't make its decisions contingent on whether it is under terrorist threat.

This country gave in to extremists who threatened and carried out violence over fair elections and the rule of law once before. That decision led to nearly 90 years of Jim Crow.

We damn well better learn from our mistakes.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1182 on: August 13, 2022, 07:48:14 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1183 on: August 13, 2022, 07:58:44 PM »

As I mentioned day ago, the American people electing him in 2016 gave him alot of power. Executive privilege is a very powerful thing.

Mediocre trolling aside, only a complete moron would believe the president can will his private citizen self government property, particularly after being fired by the electorate.

Government secrets, the White House, Air Force One, the Resolute Desk, the silverware, and busts of Abraham Lincoln belong to the people's government, not disgruntled former employees.

So the ACLU and every liberal hated the "Espionage Act" for decades, but now they like it to try and go after Trump?

I think the best result is to let the American people decide his fate at the ballot box.

You ignored the question I asked you earlier, but I'm going to keep asking it until you answer:

Do you believe that Trump should be above the law?  Yes or no.

Please just put the nonsense sock on ignore everyone. He's going to be banned probably as a sock within a week and you'll feel silly having responded to this bad faith troll.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1184 on: August 13, 2022, 11:08:19 PM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1185 on: August 14, 2022, 12:26:29 AM »

Yes, we been knew.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1186 on: August 14, 2022, 01:21:34 AM »

News could have gotten buried in the 49 pages this thread has grown to.  Good to have a reminder. 
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1187 on: August 14, 2022, 08:50:53 AM »

Do we need a pinned Megathread?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1188 on: August 14, 2022, 09:40:40 AM »

Another Trump lawyer might be biting the dust. Signed declarations are under penalty of perjury. Just why a lawyer would sign such a document is not known.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/13/us/politics/trump-classified-material-fbi.html
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1189 on: August 14, 2022, 10:24:47 AM »

Informative thread here from a former federal prosecutor.  Click to read the whole thing.

Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1190 on: August 14, 2022, 10:45:16 AM »

I have a job and a family to support  I don't rob my employer by posting on work time.

Do you have a job?  Or do you have all day to post?  If you want to disparage me you can at least answer that.

lmao, this pissy response is hilarious especially considering that you made more than 800 posts in the past 3 months while I only made 29 posts

Are you kidding?  This was a High Quality Response.  I haven't even begun to work my way down to my pissy responses, lol.   Mock
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1191 on: August 14, 2022, 10:48:19 AM »

Fuzzy: is the warrant a forgery? Or is the FBI lying? If so, what are they lying about? Did Trump have those documents at Mar-a-Lago, having declassified them before he left office, or did the FBI plant evidence?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1192 on: August 14, 2022, 10:53:16 AM »

Fuzzy: is the warrant a forgery? Or is the FBI lying? If so, what are they lying about? Did Trump have those documents at Mar-a-Lago, having declassified them before he left office, or did the FBI plant evidence?
You should honestly not even bother. Fuzzy will never engage on any of your questions and will just run away from the thread, hope things die done then come back with a new round of talking points. It’s better to just call him out on his absurdities and leave it at that
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1193 on: August 14, 2022, 10:59:14 AM »

You should honestly not even bother. Fuzzy will never engage on any of your questions and will just run away from the thread, hope things die done then come back with a new round of talking points. It’s better to just call him out on his absurdities and leave it at that
He clearly has an attachment to Trump beyond “logic” and that doesn’t make it less valid, it just means understanding it can’t be done through a scientific lens.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1194 on: August 14, 2022, 11:00:04 AM »

How is this not domestic terrorism?

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1195 on: August 14, 2022, 11:06:09 AM »

He clearly has an attachment to Trump beyond “logic” and that doesn’t make it less valid, it just means understanding it can’t be done through a scientific lens.
It’s quite easy to understand. Fuzzy is a typical cranky old fart who’s mad the world isn’t the same as when he grew up in and Trump hurts and upsets the various groups and elements Fuzzy blames for the changes 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1196 on: August 14, 2022, 11:07:02 AM »

How is this not domestic terrorism?

The DNC should use clips of them and play them for the rest of the campaign, portraying the Republican Party as being utterly out of control, full of extremists and domestic terrorists, opposed to the rule of law, and ultimately unfit to govern.  
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1197 on: August 14, 2022, 11:12:04 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2022, 11:19:07 AM by Edu »

I will now accept my accolades for goading Fuzzy to take time out of his incredibly busy schedule to post one of his delusional rants and he doesn't disappoint.

You're welcome

EDIT: did he delete his post? lol
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1198 on: August 14, 2022, 11:13:21 AM »

A lot of young people crush on bad boys. I’m assuming worshipping a mobster is an evolution of that.
There are similarities, but I would not at all think it’s fair to say Fuzzy is crushing on Trump as meme worthy as it would be. The concern we should all have is that there is an element of fear, and that’s what I’m detecting, maybe I’m wrong but it does seem there is something that is scaring Fuzzy. It’s not political, OSR and ER I disagree with but I don’t detect this with them in our interactions. Something is different, and I don’t think a simple policy debate can even begin to address some of these more psychological aspects.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1199 on: August 14, 2022, 11:17:11 AM »

I don't really get the point of baiting Fuzzy and his ilk here. Sure, it's funny to watch people make complete fools of themselves defending Trump as the evidence in this case is frankly painfully unambiguous, but come on, it's Fuzzy. It's not like he wasn't doing that before. In my opinion it's mostly sad to see that grown adults have had their brains rotted to such an insane degree, and yet more evidence of why I hope they lock Trump up for the rest of his natural life, so that our nation and our fellow Americans can begin to heal in his absence.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies