FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:18:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 120155 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 09, 2022, 08:56:05 AM »

Reminder that Trump has gone through multiple Democrat investigations and not ONCE been found guilty or even indicted.

Trump is invincible. Also, abolish the FBI.

Abolish Trump.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #226 on: August 09, 2022, 08:58:50 AM »

I would not break out the champagne yet. It sounds like he may have just taken classified documents from his time in the White House that have nothing to do with any investigation.

Either way, that's a crime, and fully deserving of FBI going in and getting them.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #227 on: August 09, 2022, 09:06:27 AM »

This is basically the Republican argument right now.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #228 on: August 09, 2022, 09:09:13 AM »

Congrats, Andrew Yang, you fully became a clown.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2022, 09:11:00 AM »

I honestly don't even know how to put in words just how ridiculous, asinine, and idiotic all of these takes are.

First of all, there's still so much we don't know about all of this.

But regardless, the point that they're making is that we should just let people commit crimes and get away with them just because we're worried about how that persons fans might react to it? Like what?!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2022, 09:16:12 AM »

OK, here is some real beef in my book rather than padding. Andy writes for a conservative albeit Trump skeptical rag, but he is a very smart lawyer with common sense who is most definitely not a hack, or to put it another way, his take and mine on matters largely coincide.

Yes, the pay wall shuts me out too, but I suspect his thesis, is that yeah, nobody would be such a drama queen over where a bunch of boring paper that nobody will ever read is stored, and so thus the game being hunted is much more significant. It seems to me the idea is to find out what Trump and the hard core kooks were talking about when, you know, like Steve Bannon.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/08/the-fbis-mar-a-lago-raid-its-about-the-capitol-riot-not-the-mishandling-of-classified-information/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=article
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #231 on: August 09, 2022, 09:16:46 AM »

Wow. The FBI has actually done it. They've raided Mar-a-Lago.

Didn't think it could happen.

Of course, it's just deserts for how Trump treated the boys in blue when he was President. Remember, your term lasts four years, but the Deep State never forgets.

Trump likely lost his last allies in the FBI with the Schedule F story. These guys have families to support first of all and threatening their job security is not going to be popular no matter what their politics.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #232 on: August 09, 2022, 09:17:04 AM »

Pretty sure what Yang said is true. It's not an argument it shouldn't have happened of course but it's something we should expect.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #233 on: August 09, 2022, 09:19:20 AM »

Pretty sure what Yang said is true. It's not an argument it shouldn't have happened of course but it's something we should expect.

But Yang acts as if it's a reason we shouldn't do it. Which is incredibly dangerous.

Trumps fans are gonna do whatever they do. And they're gonna do it regardless of reason. They get riled up over *anything*. Whatever they do or say should not be a reason to not follow the law.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #234 on: August 09, 2022, 09:24:16 AM »

I think it's absolutely hilarious how the supposedly "pro law enforcement" GOP is now trashing the FBI because it suits them politically.

No one is pro FBI.

We'll see how much this raid energizes Trump and the Pub base.

I very much am, and make no apologies for it. I love seeing criminals face their dues. In this case though, I'm not sure there will be any arrest, like democrats here are so sure of. We've seen these bombshells in regards to Trump time and time again and never once has he faced the repercussions.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #235 on: August 09, 2022, 09:34:30 AM »

I think it's absolutely hilarious how the supposedly "pro law enforcement" GOP is now trashing the FBI because it suits them politically.

No one is pro FBI.

We'll see how much this raid energizes Trump and the Pub base.

I very much am, and make no apologies for it. I love seeing criminals face their dues. In this case though, I'm not sure there will be any arrest, like democrats here are so sure of. We've seen these bombshells in regards to Trump time and time again and never once has he faced the repercussions.

Pretty sure that's not true. I sure am not. In a "wait and see" approach for sure, but we don't know what we don't know. I'm glad this happened because the FBI should do its job, but who knows what will come out of it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #236 on: August 09, 2022, 09:38:34 AM »

OK, here is some real beef in my book rather than padding. Andy writes for a conservative albeit Trump skeptical rag, but he is a very smart lawyer with common sense who is most definitely not a hack, or to put it another way, his take and mine on matters largely coincide.

Yes, the pay wall shuts me out too, but I suspect his thesis, is that yeah, nobody would be such a drama queen over where a bunch of boring paper that nobody will ever read is stored, and so thus the game being hunted is much more significant. It seems to me the idea is to find out what Trump and the hard core kooks were talking about when, you know, like Steve Bannon.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/08/the-fbis-mar-a-lago-raid-its-about-the-capitol-riot-not-the-mishandling-of-classified-information/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=article

That is a good point. If the documents seized were random things Trump took without much significance, you'd like he or his lawyers would have worked with the FBI to return them and not go the route of a raid. I don't think this is any type of partisan attack where Biden used the FBI to go after Trump. Perhaps there is more to this.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #237 on: August 09, 2022, 09:56:01 AM »

That is a good point. If the documents seized were random things Trump took without much significance, you'd like he or his lawyers would have worked with the FBI to return them and not go the route of a raid. I don't think this is any type of partisan attack where Biden used the FBI to go after Trump. Perhaps there is more to this.

Yeah, there's no way this is a partisan attack. Biden is smarter than that, knowing that it *would* come out one way or another if he was somehow involved or pushed for this. He's been in the game long enough to know to stay out of the DOJ's business.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #238 on: August 09, 2022, 10:07:24 AM »

Yeah, there's no way this is a partisan attack. Biden is smarter than that, knowing that it *would* come out one way or another if he was somehow involved or pushed for this. He's been in the game long enough to know to stay out of the DOJ's business.

It wasn't politically motivated unless the DCCC was in charge today.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #239 on: August 09, 2022, 10:09:22 AM »

It wasn't politically motivated unless the DCCC was in charge today.

It should also be noted that FBI Director Christopher Wray, who would certainly be in the loop on this, was appointed by Trump.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #240 on: August 09, 2022, 10:15:32 AM »

(I don't think he's going to jail fwiw)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #241 on: August 09, 2022, 10:32:33 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2022, 10:36:51 AM by Old School Republican »

If this is not related to the January 6th investigation then yes this is bad . Otherwise this opens up other presidents for prosecution given pretty much every president probably could be convicted under abuse of power statues and they would every time the other side takes the White House .

Jan 6th was the exception because of how bad it is , but this does not come to meeting that level. Otherwise abuse of power charges could pretty much lead to the prosecution of Bush , Obama and maybe even Clinton as well
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #242 on: August 09, 2022, 10:41:23 AM »

If this is not related to the January 6th investigation then yes this is bad . Otherwise this opens up other presidents for prosecution given pretty much every president probably could be convicted under abuse of power statues and they would every time the other side takes the White House .

Jan 6th was the exception because of how bad it is , but this does not come to meeting that level. Otherwise abuse of power charges could pretty much lead to the prosecution of Bush , Obama and maybe even Clinton as well

If Trump stashed national security secrets in his home safe and hasn't complied with surrendering them resulting in the FBI bring involved, should be just be allowed to get away with it?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #243 on: August 09, 2022, 10:42:44 AM »

If Trump stashed national security secrets in his home safe and hasn't complied with surrendering them resulting in the FBI bring involved, should be just be allowed to get away with it?

Of course not. And the same goes for Bush, Obama, and maybe even Clinton. Lock them all up if warranted.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2022, 10:44:56 AM »

“Abuse of power” is a nebulous term and one that presumably wouldn’t result in an FBI raid to gather evidence. Stealing - or recklessly mishandling - classified documents is a specific federal crime that is strictly enforced. Conflating the two is irresponsible and worse, it’s stupid.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2022, 10:45:20 AM »

Not only is the Director of the FBI a Republican, the warrant was signed off on by a Trump appointee!

Magistrates I think are appointed by their federal district court judge bosses. The article that I read is that he was appointed out of 64 who applied. Following the tweet I found this one. Sad.

https://twitter.com/RonDeSantisFL/status/1556803433939755010
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2022, 10:56:52 AM »

Of course not. And the same goes for Bush, Obama, and maybe even Clinton. Lock them all up if warranted.

He he gave those to others than yes I’d agree then he should be charged otherwise no . I think these crimes are the ones that presidents really should be charged with :

- Treason
- Trying to illegally overturn elections
- Trying to Physically harm political opponents

Other than that let the political arena and the public  deal the consequences out
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2022, 10:58:42 AM »

Not only is the Director of the FBI a Republican, the warrant was signed off on by a Trump appointee!

Magistrates I think are appointed by their federal district court judge bosses. The article that I read is that he was appointed out of 64 who applied. Following the tweet I found this one. Sad.

https://twitter.com/RonDeSantisFL/status/1556803433939755010

You're right, I saw March 14, 2018 as his start date.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2022, 10:59:03 AM »

He he gave those to others than yes I’d agree then he should be charged otherwise no . I think these crimes are the ones that presidents really should be charged with :

- Treason
- Trying to illegally overturn elections
- Trying to Physically harm political opponents

Other than that let the political arena and the public  deal the consequences out

"I could shoot someone on 5th avenue (as long as they weren't a political opponent) and I wouldn't lose OSR's vote."
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2022, 11:14:28 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies