FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 07:03:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 122578 times)
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3150 on: March 01, 2024, 12:50:57 PM »

The trial won't happen until after the election. Deal with it.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3151 on: March 01, 2024, 12:57:39 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3152 on: March 01, 2024, 01:05:04 PM »

However, there's no reason Cannon should push it back past the election at this point.

Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3153 on: March 01, 2024, 01:11:41 PM »

The one reason Cannon would want to have it before the election is to block the DC and GA trials.
Redban

« Reply #3154 on: March 01, 2024, 01:26:17 PM »

I've been watching the GA closing arguments, but I hear that Cannon grilled Jack Smith hard about his “unrealistic” trial date and that he has refused to set a new one so far. Libs on Twitter are PISSED
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3155 on: March 01, 2024, 01:34:42 PM »

I've been watching the GA closing arguments, but I hear that Cannon grilled Jack Smith hard about his “unrealistic” trial date and that he has refused to set a new one so far. Libs on Twitter are PISSED

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Redban

« Reply #3156 on: March 01, 2024, 01:36:46 PM »

" that he has refused to set a new one so far" = "that he has refused to propose another trial date"
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3157 on: March 01, 2024, 01:40:33 PM »

" that he has refused to set a new one so far" = "that he has refused to propose another trial date"

Got that to begin with; there's no reporting he refused to, though?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3158 on: March 01, 2024, 02:02:33 PM »

Shouldn't you be too? Since you supposedly don't want him to be President, or at least not over Haley.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3159 on: March 01, 2024, 06:14:11 PM »

Cannon belongs in prison.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3160 on: March 02, 2024, 12:52:30 AM »

The man she is protecting from justice publicly suggested a far worse response to this situation.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3161 on: March 02, 2024, 01:42:01 AM »

Nothing she has done is a crime, so no she should not go to prison.

Also, no need to respond with a hyperbolic paragraph that implies that I don't get it. I'm right.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3162 on: March 02, 2024, 04:17:16 AM »

What would be the actual basis to move the trial beyond Jack Smith's date (July Cool? Honestly, what would even the be basis to move it from May?

Also, I don't understand why each trial has to work around another trial. There's no reason why trials can't be overlapping? Shouldn't be anyone's fault if the person indicted is a criminal enough that he/she has multiple trials going on at the same time.

I think it would be difficult for the defendant to be in two different courtrooms at the same time.

Who's fault that though? That's my point - each judge should just set the trial when they want. They shouldn't have to worry about anyone else's trial. If they overlap, then work something out, but it feels like each one has to even predict at this point when the other is and now that makes even more of a mess. Just schedule them and figure it out later if they overlap.
Because everyone is entitled to a fair trial and for all intents and purposes someone is innocent until proven guilty. Jack Smith is doing both cases but in a typical scenario the defendant would have to split their effort for two trials while the prosecution, judge, and jury only have to handle one trial at a time. The legal system is required to keep things as fair as possible.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3163 on: March 02, 2024, 11:35:56 AM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3164 on: March 02, 2024, 02:22:29 PM »

What would be the actual basis to move the trial beyond Jack Smith's date (July Cool? Honestly, what would even the be basis to move it from May?

Also, I don't understand why each trial has to work around another trial. There's no reason why trials can't be overlapping? Shouldn't be anyone's fault if the person indicted is a criminal enough that he/she has multiple trials going on at the same time.

I think it would be difficult for the defendant to be in two different courtrooms at the same time.

Who's fault that though? That's my point - each judge should just set the trial when they want. They shouldn't have to worry about anyone else's trial. If they overlap, then work something out, but it feels like each one has to even predict at this point when the other is and now that makes even more of a mess. Just schedule them and figure it out later if they overlap.
Because everyone is entitled to a fair trial and for all intents and purposes someone is innocent until proven guilty. Jack Smith is doing both cases but in a typical scenario the defendant would have to split their effort for two trials while the prosecution, judge, and jury only have to handle one trial at a time. The legal system is required to keep things as fair as possible.

I don't see why the legal system is required to overcome the defendant's own attempts to sabotage his trials. "I've committed so many crimes you can't put me on trial faster than I can commit new ones" is not a defense, it's an argument for why Donald Trump needs to be jailed until all his trials are finished.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3165 on: March 11, 2024, 04:02:31 PM »

Exclusive: ‘Trump Employee 5,’ who unknowingly helped move classified documents, speaks out

A longtime Mar-a-Lago employee who is a central witness in the investigation into former President Donald Trump’s handling of classified documents is now speaking publicly because he believes that voters should hear the truth about his former boss and the case before the November election.

Brian Butler, who is referenced as “Trump Employee 5” in the classified documents indictment brought by special counsel Jack Smith, told CNN in an exclusive interview that he doesn’t believe the criminal case against Trump is a “witch hunt,” as the former president has claimed.

Butler gave testimony to federal investigators that informed crucial portions of last year’s criminal obstruction charges against Trump and his two co-defendants, Walt Nauta, a personal aide to Trump, and Carlos De Oliveira, a property manager at Mar-a-Lago who had been Butler’s closest friend until recently.

Butler told CNN how he unknowingly helped Nauta deliver boxes of classified information from Mar-a-Lago to the former president’s plane in June 2022 – the same day that Trump and his attorney were meeting with the Justice Department at Mar-a-Lago about the classified documents.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/11/politics/trump-employee-5-classified-documents-mar-a-lago/index.html
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3166 on: March 11, 2024, 04:10:12 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3167 on: March 11, 2024, 07:51:17 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2024, 12:14:29 AM by ProudModerate2 »

Wow.
Can you imagine what Trump-Cultists would be saying if Obama had shared US Top Secrets to individuals who are unauthorized with having such information?

I hope that when trump is prosecuted, that the judge puts him behind bars in a secluded area, with very little contact with anyone (including visitors), because of national security concerns this Traitor may reveal to others.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #3168 on: March 13, 2024, 05:12:50 PM »

My predictions on Cannon's handling of Donald's trial between now and the election:

1) she will set a trial date that will delay the DC trial (and, if necessary and possible his Georgia trial as well), as much as possible, and

2) she will dismiss the charges against Trump shortly before Election Day.

I think you are right.
But she now has the opportunity to block all three trials.
If Trump's immunity claim in the NY trial successfully delays it for a while, Cannon will have the chance to intervene and implement the plan you proposed.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3169 on: March 13, 2024, 08:30:14 PM »

Trump is not being given a fair trial, he is being treated more favorably than any other defendant.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3170 on: March 14, 2024, 01:10:30 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3171 on: March 14, 2024, 04:11:34 PM »

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3172 on: March 14, 2024, 05:13:44 PM »

I do think he's dead to rights legally on this case, but we'll have to find out for sure in a trial. I don't know if the law itself will actually end up mattering.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3173 on: March 14, 2024, 06:13:03 PM »

Cannon denied this...this really drives home how bad of an argument it was.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #3174 on: March 14, 2024, 06:15:56 PM »

A broken clock is right twice a day.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies