FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:29:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 114717 times)
Redban

« on: April 14, 2023, 01:36:21 PM »

Bill Barr chimes in on the Mar-a-Lago obstruction case:

Basically, he thinks this case, unlike Bragg's indictment, is going to be real trouble for Trump. He cites the judge's ruling to puncture Trump's attorney-client priviledge, which hints that the government had a lot of evidence for the judge: "that and just the things I read in the newspaper make me feel that there’s probably a likelihood that they have people — people who have cooperated with the government and may be able to establish that he well knew he had not delivered all the documents back to the government,”

https://nypost.com/2023/04/14/bill-barr-trumps-reckless-behavior-led-to-special-counsels-probes/
Redban

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 09:43:50 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/02/politics/mike-pence-justice-department-documents/index.html

Mike Pence is off the hook for his classified document probe. Biden and Trump's probes continue
Redban

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 09:52:10 AM »

I just saw CNN say August ... I had assumed they meant August of 2024. They're aiming for August 2023? I doubt they can pull it off
Redban

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 09:52:26 PM »

I’m not surprised by that audio tape. Maybe the prosecutors can get a conviction asap and get Trump to drop out of the primary or something

I supported Trump very strongly for 7 years. But I’m ready for someone else now. I just wish other Repubs would do the same and elect someone else in the primary
Redban

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2023, 07:22:52 PM »

Federal judge signals Trump’s classified docs trial may not start until next year

https://nypost.com/2023/07/18/judge-aileen-cannon-doesnt-set-immediate-date-for-trump-docs-trial/

I don't see why his candidacy should push the trial date back. He made the choice to run for President again (there was no obligation for him to so), and don't 2024 voters deserve to have this matter decided before they cast their vote?
Redban

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2023, 08:54:24 AM »

May 2024 .. so Bragg's trial might happen before

Trump might, sadly, have the GOP nomination locked up before these trials happen
Redban

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 07:38:34 AM »

Many repubs keep saying, "Well Hillary didn't get charged for her emails." I agree with Bill barr's rejection of that argument. They should've prosecuted Hillary, but if it was wrong for Hillary to get off, then it would be wrong for Trump to get off too. The way to correct the mistake of letting Hillary get off is to get it right with any violators going forward

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/14/1187646142/former-attorney-general-bill-barr-assesses-the-federal-charges-against-trump

the basic argument being made here is that Hillary Clinton was let off [after using a private email server for classified information as Secretary of State], therefore it is a double standard and therefore you should let off Trump. And I don't think that that's a frivolous argument, but it's hard for me to fault the decision to go forward because, to me, the solution to a double standard is to apply the right standard in a case and try to apply it going forward, even handily."

I don't think the way to stop the double standard is to keep on perpetuating it by having equal injustice. The argument that Hillary should have been prosecuted, well, what was unjust is Hillary was not prosecuted. What is unjust is not prosecuting Trump at this stage. How do you control and protect classified information going forward? You just prosecute the little guys, but you let the big guys get off if they flipped the bird at the government? I mean, I'm not sure where that takes us.
Redban

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 09:06:44 AM »

^ Obviously Meadows wouldn't recall it. Trump's argument (which I honestly find very silly) is basically, "A president can declassify just by thinking about it." So by Trump's logic,  the act of taking the classified documents with him constitutes automatic declassification.

So Meadows comment that "Trump never ordered or discussed it" has nothing to do with Trump's argument
Redban

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2023, 11:16:23 AM »

MaxTwain24 says so on Twitter

Must be true
Redban

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2024, 01:26:17 PM »

I've been watching the GA closing arguments, but I hear that Cannon grilled Jack Smith hard about his “unrealistic” trial date and that he has refused to set a new one so far. Libs on Twitter are PISSED
Redban

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2024, 01:36:46 PM »

" that he has refused to set a new one so far" = "that he has refused to propose another trial date"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies