Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:16:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: 1 ... 935 936 937 938 939 [940] 941 942 943 944 945 ... 1172
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 930337 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23475 on: June 24, 2023, 02:16:11 AM »

Wow

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23476 on: June 24, 2023, 02:23:29 AM »

So meanwhile any guesses on Ukrainian Counter-Offensive operations to liberate Russian Occupied territory?

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23477 on: June 24, 2023, 02:25:58 AM »

Craziest day in Russian politics since October 4, 1993.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #23478 on: June 24, 2023, 02:27:47 AM »

So meanwhile any guesses on Ukrainian Counter-Offensive operations to liberate Russian Occupied territory?

Still way to early to say, this could be over in days, or the Wagner PMC could simply start controlling operations vs Ukraine from Rostov while a bizarre, very Russian power struggle is still fought.

Remember the Bolsheviks put down Tambov, White Russians and still managed to invade Ukraine.

Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #23479 on: June 24, 2023, 02:32:15 AM »

It is now being claimed that Prigozhin has taken Voronezh... which, if true, would be the second Russian oblast capital under Wagner control following Rostov.
Бомбить Воронеж (Bomb Voronezh)

The organizers of this operation have a great sense of humor.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23480 on: June 24, 2023, 02:38:34 AM »

Nothing super surprising in the speech, Putin called it treason and said Russia will defend itself. Did not mention Prigozhin by name, oddly.

He’s still hedging his bets. I don’t think he’s 100% certain that opposing Wagner is the right move.

Russian state TV carried footage of soldiers surrendering to Wagner. This is severe erosion of state authority.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23481 on: June 24, 2023, 02:42:29 AM »

Putin looks really bad.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #23482 on: June 24, 2023, 02:47:52 AM »

Prigozhin doesn't really seem to have much of a choice but to push to the end. If this is really happening, someone's going to be dead (I mean someone at the top).
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #23483 on: June 24, 2023, 02:51:37 AM »

I'm sure it will end in nothing. As I suggested in this thread earlier, this is clearly being done to expose the anti-Putin Russian nationalists for security services, and also as an attempt to win over the Russian Volunteer Corps and Freedom of Russia.

Former richest man in Russia, he was one of the oligarchs Putin went after in his first term in office. Exiled in London:

QED. The first deceived group of Russians who will run straight into the jaws of the secret department of the FSO.

QED 2:

Damn, this works too well. Putin is the greatest expert of Russian thinking.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #23484 on: June 24, 2023, 02:56:28 AM »

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23485 on: June 24, 2023, 02:59:16 AM »

Ngl, a Belgorod People's Republic would be based
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #23486 on: June 24, 2023, 03:02:23 AM »

Who’d have thought selecting people for their violent and antisocial tendencies, training them in advanced combat, arming them and sending them off to fight a war for you could have a downside.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23487 on: June 24, 2023, 03:06:03 AM »

Who’d have thought selecting people for their violent and antisocial tendencies, training them in advanced combat, arming them and sending them off to fight a war for you could have a downside.
Wagner was good for Putin. Until it wasn't.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #23488 on: June 24, 2023, 03:08:40 AM »

Personally I never got why people saw Prigozhin as a potential political successor, to me he always seemed an Ernst Rohm type rather than a politician.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23489 on: June 24, 2023, 03:13:27 AM »

Lmao this shows how power can get over someone’s head. This millionaire mercenary believes that he can be the new Russian leader considering he’s “in charge” in the battleground.

People are being naive or blinded by their anti-Putin status quo if they think this guy ruling Russia is better for Ukraine or for the world. Keep the nuclear weapons away from the Wagner Group pls.

I don’t want him ruling Russia. Or Putin ruling Russia. What I want is chaos. Destruction of the Russian regime. Preferably in a game of thrones style free for all where Putin and all his bois end up offing eachother.

I guess you’ll have to move on to cheerleading for Xinnie the Pooh next

I am sorry but this is beyond Moronic given how many nuclear weapons Russia has . Do you want rogue extremist groups to suddenly get access to nuclear weapons because that would just be a disaster for the world .

How is the Putin regime not a rogue extremist group lol
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23490 on: June 24, 2023, 03:15:14 AM »

Theyre coming for Stalingrad
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #23491 on: June 24, 2023, 03:20:52 AM »

Lmao this shows how power can get over someone’s head. This millionaire mercenary believes that he can be the new Russian leader considering he’s “in charge” in the battleground.

People are being naive or blinded by their anti-Putin status quo if they think this guy ruling Russia is better for Ukraine or for the world. Keep the nuclear weapons away from the Wagner Group pls.

I don’t want him ruling Russia. Or Putin ruling Russia. What I want is chaos. Destruction of the Russian regime. Preferably in a game of thrones style free for all where Putin and all his bois end up offing eachother.

I am sorry but this is beyond Moronic given how many nuclear weapons Russia has . Do you want rogue extremist groups to suddenly get access to nuclear weapons because that would just be a disaster for the world .

I mean look at the alternatives:

- Wagner Group

- Russian Hardliners that make Putin look sane

- Chechen Terrorists

- Other Russian Seperatists

Do you really want nukes to fall into the hands of one of these 4 groups
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #23492 on: June 24, 2023, 03:21:22 AM »

In Russian there is an expression играть кино (to play a movie), which means to perform actions to mislead. I hope the merging of the Russian Volunteer Corps with Wagner will not lead to the fact that one day Denis Nikitin will discover that there is a sledgehammer on his head.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23493 on: June 24, 2023, 03:21:29 AM »

"Power comes from the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #23494 on: June 24, 2023, 03:25:36 AM »

Here another of his slogans is more relevant: 百花齐放、百家争鸣.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23495 on: June 24, 2023, 03:26:31 AM »

- Wagner Group

- Chechen Terrorists

if you call chechnya terrorists than ukrainians are also terrorists for fighting for their independence.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23496 on: June 24, 2023, 03:27:49 AM »

Here another of his slogans is more relevant: 百花齐放、百家争鸣.
Why so?
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #23497 on: June 24, 2023, 03:29:23 AM »

You know better than me how this campaign began and how it ended. Something similar is happening here.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #23498 on: June 24, 2023, 03:45:33 AM »

- Wagner Group

- Chechen Terrorists

if you call chechnya terrorists than ukrainians are also terrorists for fighting for their independence.

This is comparison is beyond absurd in every possible way. Chechnya was led by radical Islamists and would have been a complete breeding ground for terrorism if they ever became a nation and its good they lost. Second comparing an nation that has been independent for more than 3 decades and has been internationally recognized as so to a region of an existing country that wants to become its own country is completely absurd as well.

Lastly I never said Chechnya as a whole, I said Chechen Terrorists because if Russia falls into anarchy , then there is no doubt that terrorist groups in Chechnya will try to get some of those nukes.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23499 on: June 24, 2023, 03:50:20 AM »

- Wagner Group

- Chechen Terrorists

This is comparison is beyond absurd in every possible way. Chechnya was led by radical Islamists and would have been a complete breeding ground for terrorism if they ever became a nation and its good they lost. Second comparing an nation that has been independent for more than 3 decades and has been internationally recognized as so to a region of an existing country that wants to become its own country is completely absurd as well.

Lastly I never said Chechnya as a whole, I said Chechen Terrorists because if Russia falls into anarchy , then there is no doubt that terrorist groups in Chechnya will try to get some of those nukes.

you're similar to those people who see putin as an ally because they're islamophobes.

Ukraine had to fight for their independence at some point too. It's not like "they grant you just independence". I mean America also had to fight for independence at some point.
Pages: 1 ... 935 936 937 938 939 [940] 941 942 943 944 945 ... 1172  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies