GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:08:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 146968 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: October 15, 2022, 09:57:18 AM »
« edited: October 15, 2022, 10:24:43 AM by Torie »

Absent perhaps my little footnote, one might be able to interpret my post in any way one likes, sort of like its own Rorschach test.  Angel

If before the debate, the newspaper had said to the Walker campaign, if you pay us $100,000 cash in small unmarked bills in exchange for the article it in fact published after the debate, I would have paid it in a heartbeat. The article even said that the claim that Walker paid for an abortion of his love child has not been independently verified. I would have paid an extra 50K just for that one sentence.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1351 on: October 15, 2022, 10:03:41 AM »

Any article that says "Candidate X rallied their supporters" or some type of variation is dumb, and we all know that. AJC and other outlets were the same to pull the same thing with the allegations, with various "Walker backers sticking with Walker through scandal" articles.

That's not a win. No one who was still supporting Walker was going to ditch him at this point no matter what.

The fact that Walker got away with not having to answer more for the allegations was criminal, mostly thanks to the moderators.

And Walker sitting there talking about "black lives matter, all these babies are being aborted, they should be baptized" etc when HE LITERALLY PAID A WOMAN TO GET AN ABORTION is just... stunning.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1352 on: October 15, 2022, 10:04:48 AM »

The twitterverse seems to be saying "Walker won" so that probably is a net plus for him, if at all.

The only thing that's viral on Twitter right now is the badge pic/video. So, yeah, no.

The coverage of these races is truly getting embarassing at this point. One does not "win" a debate simply for being a 2 out of 10 vs an expected 1 out of 10.
HidingCommentary
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1353 on: October 15, 2022, 10:11:16 AM »

Absent perhaps my little footnote, one might be able to interpret my post in any way one likes, sort of like its own Rorschach test.  Angel

If before the debate, the newspaper had said to the Walker campaign, if you pay us $100,000 cash in small unmarked bills in exchange for the article it in fact published eafter the debate, I would have paid it in a heartbeat. The article even said that the claim that Walker paid for an abortion of his love child has not been independently verified. I would have paid an extra 50K just for that one sentence.

Squinting

Think I'm done with this forum.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1354 on: October 15, 2022, 10:16:24 AM »

Talking to Republican friends, they see Walker as having done extremely well and even having won the debate.

This debate didn’t change any minds and may even tighten the race more.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1355 on: October 15, 2022, 10:17:08 AM »

Oh HC, I suspect I am a highly unrepresentative poster on this forum. It would be most unfair to judge this forum based on the content of my posts.

In any event, have a good day, and indeed, if you leave the building, a good life. All the best.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1356 on: October 15, 2022, 10:19:50 AM »

Talking to Republican friends, they see Walker as having done extremely well and even having won the debate.

Well, yeah, they would say that, wouldn't they? They're not going to admit Walker did terrible.

The gaslighting around this debate is pretty incredible. I don't think I've ever seen so many "Candidate X supporters stick with Candidate X!" stories since Trump's multiple scandals.

Supporters sticking around for their candidate is ..... not a new development. Especially when most GOPers have basically gone on record saying they don't care about anything Walker does bc all they care about is control of the senate
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #1357 on: October 15, 2022, 10:20:15 AM »

Warnock should learn how to answer questions.  Typical politician. 
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1358 on: October 15, 2022, 10:20:44 AM »

Was pleasantly surprised by some of Walker's performance. Obviously there was a still a good deal of idiocy to go around - the solution to rising insulin prices being cheap gasoline, the prop stunt, etc- but I entered with literally zero expectations, and he held Warnock's feet to the fire incredibly effectively on the abortion issue, he declared with no reservations that he would accept any outcome in November, and he didn't completely sh*t the bed. Obviously, accepting the result of an election is not something for which someone should be given much kudos, but it was still pleasing to hear in this day and age.

Somehow I don't think one side saying the issue should be with a woman and her doctor and the other side saying "why are you aborting babies instead of baptizing them" is going to be seen at parity with most rational people

Walker responding "You want taxpayer funding for abortion, so you're bringing the government right back into the room" upon Warnock saying the doctor's room was too small for a woman, her doctor, and the government was a fantastic rebuttal, and one that Warnock didn't even deny.

Warnock's position on abortion is something that I've always been very uncomfortable about with him. He's adopting the generic Democratic position on the issue, and I don't think I've ever heard him say that he was personally pro-life or that he didn't morally condone the practice. Yes, he's a Democrat, but he's also a pastor, and I've always struggled with how a man of God can support a practice such as that.

Because you're a pastor, you should be automatically be pro-life? Come on, that is some gross stuff. It's 2022, and there is nothing morally wrong with abortion. Stop it.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1359 on: October 15, 2022, 10:21:45 AM »

Warnock should learn how to answer questions.  Typical politician.  

Yes.... Warnock is the one who needs to learn how to answer questions.

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1360 on: October 15, 2022, 10:39:06 AM »

Well, yeah, they would say that, wouldn't they? They're not going to admit Walker did terrible.

The gaslighting around this debate is pretty incredible. I don't think I've ever seen so many "Candidate X supporters stick with Candidate X!" stories since Trump's multiple scandals.

Supporters sticking around for their candidate is ..... not a new development. Especially when most GOPers have basically gone on record saying they don't care about anything Walker does bc all they care about is control of the senate

My point is that Walker outperformed expectations. He was expected, even by Republicans, to be terrible and he just wasn’t. Therefore, he is perceived as having done well, and reaffirms support by those who like him. The race is going to tighten again now.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1361 on: October 15, 2022, 10:41:12 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2022, 10:46:55 AM by Dr Oz Hater »

Quick question, who on Walker's team let him walk on stage with that prop? Did he just sneak it on with out them knowing or did they green light that stunt themselves?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1362 on: October 15, 2022, 10:52:55 AM »

The amount of copium ITT from our resident D hacks/bloomers is really something to see. 
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1363 on: October 15, 2022, 10:54:47 AM »

The amount of copium ITT from our resident D hacks/bloomers is really something to see. 

Walker did not win the debate, no matter how much you try to spin it.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1364 on: October 15, 2022, 10:58:18 AM »

The AJC disagrees with you. 
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1365 on: October 15, 2022, 11:11:12 AM »

Honestly just feels like everyone was ready to declare that Walker won the debate unless he just started pissing all over himself on stage, and all these articles were pre-written before the debate.  The media loves a horse face and loves to bash Democrats, and the story about how Walker forced the mother of his bastard children to get an abortion, while simultaneously claiming that abortion is murder, is now a week old and the media's gotten bored of it.  Just like they got bored about the story where Herschel Walker put a gun to his wife's head and threatened to kill her, or lied about literally his entire biography.  The new story is "Walker resurgent?  Strong debate performance reinforces Republican ranks."

The message from Republicans is, "yes, he forced his wife to murder his unborn illegitimate child, but I was also expecting him to be a blithering retard on stage, and that didn't happen in the way I anticipated, so I'm comfortable letting him represent me in the Senate.  Unlike John Fetterman, who uses a screen reader for his disability, and thus is far too mentally unwell to represent anyone."

Actually, I don't know why I said Republicans, I meant members of the media, who are all setting the tone of the Republican Party in these races and doing everything they can to help out.  The actual Republicans themselves are voting for Walker because they're hoping he will institute the death penalty for being trans, cut aid to the nazis in Ukraine, declare any elections won by Democrats to be fraudulent and illegal, and thinks stealing nuclear secrets from the military and selling them to foreign adversaries is a good thing to do (if someone were to do that, which they definitely haven't!).

But the media has to just pretend that's not what the Republican Party is, so they can keep the horse race both-sidesing alive.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1366 on: October 15, 2022, 11:28:26 AM »

Democrats were the ones who set expectations so low for Walker in the first place.  Massive own goal!
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1367 on: October 15, 2022, 11:32:10 AM »

In addition to the low expectations Walker had for the debate, there's another angle: a lot of people are looking for an excuse to vote for him after the scandals, because they are loyal Republicans or suffering under inflation. Walker giving them that excuse is bound to create a disconnect between his actual performance and their reaction to it.

I do now think Walker can avoid a total free-fall and preserve a run-off, though I still think Warnock probably wins it. It will depend on Senate control at that point, and I'll reëvaluate if that time comes.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1368 on: October 15, 2022, 11:37:30 AM »

Honestly just feels like everyone was ready to declare that Walker won the debate unless he just started pissing all over himself on stage, and all these articles were pre-written before the debate.  The media loves a horse face and loves to bash Democrats, and the story about how Walker forced the mother of his bastard children to get an abortion, while simultaneously claiming that abortion is murder, is now a week old and the media's gotten bored of it.  Just like they got bored about the story where Herschel Walker put a gun to his wife's head and threatened to kill her, or lied about literally his entire biography.  The new story is "Walker resurgent?  Strong debate performance reinforces Republican ranks."

The message from Republicans is, "yes, he forced his wife to murder his unborn illegitimate child, but I was also expecting him to be a blithering retard on stage, and that didn't happen in the way I anticipated, so I'm comfortable letting him represent me in the Senate.  Unlike John Fetterman, who uses a screen reader for his disability, and thus is far too mentally unwell to represent anyone."

Actually, I don't know why I said Republicans, I meant members of the media, who are all setting the tone of the Republican Party in these races and doing everything they can to help out.  The actual Republicans themselves are voting for Walker because they're hoping he will institute the death penalty for being trans, cut aid to the nazis in Ukraine, declare any elections won by Democrats to be fraudulent and illegal, and thinks stealing nuclear secrets from the military and selling them to foreign adversaries is a good thing to do (if someone were to do that, which they definitely haven't!).

But the media has to just pretend that's not what the Republican Party is, so they can keep the horse race both-sidesing alive.

If they succeed, the Democratic Party really needs to reconsider its relationship to the media. Maybe if the Democratic Party is destroyed between 22/24, it will allow a populist reconstitution.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1369 on: October 15, 2022, 11:39:46 AM »

Walker clearly won the debate.  He was cogent, direct, and said he would accept the results of the election.  Moderates love it!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1370 on: October 15, 2022, 11:40:30 AM »

I'm not sure where the narrative is coming from that Walker was ever in danger of losing Republicans. We've literally got how many articles about the GOP "sticking with him" over the last two weeks.

NYT literally has a new story out this weekend that's called "How Republicans Came to Love Herschel Walker."

I mean come on.

No matter how Walker did in this debate, it was always going to be framed as him "exceeding expectations" because everyone needs this to be a horse race, just like in PA.

The copium though from Republicans acting as if Walker actually won when there is a video of Walker looking like an idiot pulling out a fake police badge that has millions of views on social media is... something
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1371 on: October 15, 2022, 11:41:42 AM »

Walker clearly won the debate.  He was cogent, direct, and said he would accept the results of the election.  Moderates love it!

You can keep saying it, but it doesn't make it true! Wink
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1372 on: October 15, 2022, 11:44:13 AM »

I'm not sure where the narrative is coming from that Walker was ever in danger of losing Republicans. We've literally got how many articles about the GOP "sticking with him" over the last two weeks.

NYT literally has a new story out this weekend that's called "How Republicans Came to Love Herschel Walker."

I mean come on.

No matter how Walker did in this debate, it was always going to be framed as him "exceeding expectations" because everyone needs this to be a horse race, just like in PA.

The copium though from Republicans acting as if Walker actually won when there is a video of Walker looking like an idiot pulling out a fake police badge that has millions of views on social media is... something

This is another ignored wake up call.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #1373 on: October 15, 2022, 11:48:45 AM »

The AJC disagrees with you. 

If you read the article, it doesn't say that.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1374 on: October 15, 2022, 11:49:38 AM »

In other news, Obama will be in GA on 10/28

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies