DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:28:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 275877 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2725 on: January 07, 2021, 04:13:34 PM »

Imagine thinking a block party is comparable to an attempted coup.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #2726 on: January 07, 2021, 04:17:48 PM »

If Trump is not removed via the 25th or impeached, expect him not only to pardon himself but also to pardon the mob. These pardons will be upheld to the outrage of the media and the common citizen alike, and the mob will give us all the middle finger with their soyface images as they get to continue to enjoy their rich lives in their conservative bubbles.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2727 on: January 07, 2021, 04:19:23 PM »

If Trump is not removed via the 25th or impeached, expect him not only to pardon himself but also to pardon the mob. These pardons will be upheld to the outrage of the media and the common citizen alike, and the mob will give us all the middle finger with their soyface images as they get to continue to enjoy their rich lives in their conservative bubbles.

I'd say more than half of those violent people will be indicted when round 2 happens. This is why you take thugs off the street.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #2728 on: January 07, 2021, 04:22:13 PM »

Imagine thinking a "block party" involves "four shootings, two deaths, arson, and several alleged sexual assaults."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/7/2/21310109/chop-chaz-cleared-violence-explained
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2729 on: January 07, 2021, 04:24:10 PM »

Imagine thinking a "block party" involves "four shootings, two deaths, arson, and several alleged sexual assaults."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/7/2/21310109/chop-chaz-cleared-violence-explained

So still not as bad as yesterday, even if you ignore the trying to overturn a presidential election and install a dictatorship aspect of it. To say nothing of their motivation of lynching Mike Pence.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2730 on: January 07, 2021, 04:29:42 PM »

As a result of this, Twitch banned the PogChamp emote.

Amazon's livestreaming platform Twitch has banned a popular gaming emote, citing how the man pictured in the emote tweeted comments that encouraged "further violence."

The PogChamp emote on Twitch is one of the oldest on the platform and was commonly used by gamers to signify joy and surprise. But the face featured in the emote, pro Street Fighter player and entrepreneur Ryan Gutierrez, drew scrutiny after he posted a call for "civil unrest" to Twitter Wednesday.

Gutierrez, who tweets under the handle gootecks, called the woman who died after being shot at Capitol Hill a #MakeAmericaGreatAgain martyr and pushed for civil unrest in response to her death. He followed up with another tweet claiming he was being censored, saying "PS Big Brother Twitter wouldn't let me post the url so if you don't think big tech censorship is real, there you go."

Gutierrez has not tweeted about the Twitch emote ban and has not responded to requests for comment.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2731 on: January 07, 2021, 04:29:55 PM »

So still not as bad as yesterday, even if you ignore the trying to overturn a presidential election and install a dictatorship aspect of it. To say nothing of their motivation of lynching Mike Pence.

If Antifa or BLM actually stormed the Capitol like some Black Panthers instead of just burning down random businesses, smashing windows, looting, and having a "block party" and demanded change; I'd probably have more respect for them.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #2732 on: January 07, 2021, 04:30:49 PM »

If Antifa or BLM actually stormed the Capitol like some Black Panthers instead of just burning down random businesses, smashing windows, looting, and having a "block party" and demanded change; I'd probably have more respect for them.

🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2733 on: January 07, 2021, 04:33:52 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2021, 04:43:54 PM by Congrats, Griffin! »

Nice try, but you can’t fool me.

Either your pretending or a stupid ultra.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2734 on: January 07, 2021, 04:34:08 PM »

The true enemy of the people:

that "process" quote is poignantly revealing of some of the psychology behind this.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2735 on: January 07, 2021, 04:34:26 PM »

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2736 on: January 07, 2021, 04:35:47 PM »

Worth noting that despite the name "Capitol Hill"; the Washington state legislature and governor mansion are nowhere near CHAZ.

If the MAGA people had instead say, taken over some park or square in DC and started camping there, it would definitely be acceptable, at least for a week or 2.

Taking over the capitol is not comparable to CHAZ
compucomp

« Reply #2737 on: January 07, 2021, 04:36:43 PM »

Now this is being hoisted on your own petard. Watch Trump rescind the executive order now. Sorry for the Fox News link.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/capitol-rioters-prison-trump-executive-order-federal

Capitol rioters could face up to 10 years in prison under Trump monument executive order

Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen vowed that pro-Trump rioters who entered the U.S. Capitol would "face the full consequences of their actions under the law," and those consequences could include being charged under President Trump's executive order authorizing up to 10 years in prison for "injury of federal property."
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2738 on: January 07, 2021, 04:40:46 PM »

Worth noting that despite the name "Capitol Hill"; the Washington state legislature and governor mansion are nowhere near CHAZ.

If the MAGA people had instead say, taken over some park or square in DC and started camping there, it would definitely be acceptable, at least for a week or 2.

Taking over the capitol is not comparable to CHAZ

Yes, I know I've been there.  The capitol city is Olympia anyway, not Seattle.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2739 on: January 07, 2021, 04:42:39 PM »

Now this is being hoisted on your own petard. Watch Trump rescind the executive order now. Sorry for the Fox News link.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/capitol-rioters-prison-trump-executive-order-federal

Capitol rioters could face up to 10 years in prison under Trump monument executive order

Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen vowed that pro-Trump rioters who entered the U.S. Capitol would "face the full consequences of their actions under the law," and those consequences could include being charged under President Trump's executive order authorizing up to 10 years in prison for "injury of federal property."

LAW & ORDER
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2740 on: January 07, 2021, 04:49:48 PM »

For most of its life, it was pretty much a block party. I happen to live in Seattle. I'm aware that the first days did involve some violence, but the majority of the people involved were peaceful protesters. It's not the least bit comparable.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2741 on: January 07, 2021, 04:50:51 PM »

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2742 on: January 07, 2021, 04:52:19 PM »

NBC News maintains a list of members of Congress who support removing Trump from office:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/over-100-lawmakers-are-calling-president-trump-s-removal-here-n1253309
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2743 on: January 07, 2021, 04:53:38 PM »

State Department official Gabriel Noronha has been fired on White House orders after he tweeted that Trump should be removed from office:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/07/politics/gabriel-noronha-fired-tweet/index.html
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2744 on: January 07, 2021, 04:55:50 PM »

Nice try, but you can’t fool me.

Either your pretending or a stupid ultra.
He deleted his post too

😂
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2745 on: January 07, 2021, 04:56:25 PM »

The more important list is the 100+ GOP members of Congress who attempted to deny the will of the voters in Pennsylvania and Arizona.
It's Perro Sanxe wot won it
Mimoha
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.22

« Reply #2746 on: January 07, 2021, 04:57:11 PM »

The true enemy of the people:

Remember when the destruction of private property was supposed to be a crime so heinous as to be punished by immediate death?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2747 on: January 07, 2021, 04:59:52 PM »

This, and her other moderate quotes and realistic attitude, makes her by far my favorite GOP Congresswoman and I would want her to stay if she wasn't replacing another excellent Dem representative.

Pretty surprised at this from her. I voted for Joe Cunningham and always felt Mace was just another Trump Republican, but so far she surprised me.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2748 on: January 07, 2021, 05:01:54 PM »

Trump's former Chief of Staff John Kelly supports invoking the 25th:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/07/politics/john-kelly-trump-25th-amendment-capitol-riot-cnntv/index.html
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2749 on: January 07, 2021, 05:07:06 PM »

This, and her other moderate quotes and realistic attitude, makes her by far my favorite GOP Congresswoman and I would want her to stay if she wasn't replacing another excellent Dem representative.

Pretty surprised at this from her. I voted for Joe Cunningham and always felt Mace was just another Trump Republican, but so far she surprised me.

It makes sense to ride the Trump train into office, and then jump straight off when it became apparent that the train was heading into the dead end siding of defeat and irrelevance.  It’s amazing that more Republican officeholders still haven’t adopted the same strategy.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies