Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:52:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 257875 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: November 07, 2020, 06:38:51 PM »

Gotta identify 2,000,000 or more registered voters likely to vote for Ossoff/Warnock and make sure they get to the polls.

And for the love of god never let Qelly Loeffler live down her Q connections. She made her bed and must now lie in it.

anti -Qanon does not seem like a good thing to run on, Joe Rae Perkins is actually running ahead of Trump in metro Portland Tongue.This would just let Loeffler pivot to other stuff. Just attack her for the early stuff about the coronavirus stock stuff.

I doubt it's good for her, seems more likely that it's some stupid #chexnbalances move from Never Trumpers who don't know who she is. I think it might be a wash though.

Yah if you read the voter pamphlet that gets sent out to voters, you would not be able to find out Perkins was Qanon.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 04:00:58 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2020, 04:04:05 PM by Old School Republican »

(1) Not every anti-Trump voter is a liberal who wants Biden to have a trifecta.

I get that. However, can't Never Trumpers realize the entire Republican party has lost the right to rule?

After presiding over and not reacting approximately to a pandemic, crashed economy, a hypocritical scotus confirmation, the erosion of democratic norms, and a deservingly impeached president, the entire congressional Republicans party, minus maybe 5 people, is an apparatus of the Trump administration.

If you disapprove of the incompetence, cruelty, and fascistic tendencies of the Trump administration, your only logical move is to vote against all Republicans up and down the ballot. Only after losing multiple times can the Republican party ever redeem itself.

If Democrats didnt go so hard on court packing, crazy sjw stuff they would do a better job getting the Never Trump republicans to vote for them down ballot.

Also on the economy, 49% of voters according to CNN exit polls thought the economy was good , while that number was 36% in 2016. Also without the pandemic, there would have been no economic crash(maybe a early 2000s style recession at worst) so its pretty hackish to blame the Republicans for the economy and the vast majority of voters agree with that. Also if Democrats want to bring up the economy, the fact is the recovery from this recession has been far better than the recovery from the Great Recession so if the Democrats want to bring up the economic crash , the Republicans can counter that the Trump recovery has been so much better than the Obama recovery and while I agree thats misleading so is blaming the Republicans for the crash. So really to be fair the economic crash should not be blamed on Republicans and they shouldnt get credit for the recovery better than 2009 because both claims are misleading.

Lastly here: https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-10-30/trump-s-economy-really-was-better-than-obama-s
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 04:20:01 PM »

(1) Not every anti-Trump voter is a liberal who wants Biden to have a trifecta.

I get that. However, can't Never Trumpers realize the entire Republican party has lost the right to rule?

After presiding over and not reacting approximately to a pandemic, crashed economy, a hypocritical scotus confirmation, the erosion of democratic norms, and a deservingly impeached president, the entire congressional Republicans party, minus maybe 5 people, is an apparatus of the Trump administration.

If you disapprove of the incompetence, cruelty, and fascistic tendencies of the Trump administration, your only logical move is to vote against all Republicans up and down the ballot. Only after losing multiple times can the Republican party ever redeem itself.

If Democrats didnt go so hard on court packing, crazy sjw stuff they would do a better job getting the Never Trump republicans to vote for them down ballot.
AOC != the Democratic party led by Pelosi, Schumer, and Biden. Unfortunately, the media narrative seems to disagree.

Abigal Spanberger believes Democrats should have made it clear they opposed court packing and opposed defunding the policy. Instead Democratic Leadership dodged those questions and made it seem like they would go along with it, when they should have said no we oppose packing the courts and no we oppose defunding the police. Its not like this is new though, remember the tea party really hurt the GOP downballot in 2012 even to the non-tea party candidates .

Also on the economy, 49% of voters according to CNN exit polls thought the economy was good , while that number was 36% in 2016. Also without the pandemic, there would have been no economic crash(maybe a early 2000s style recession at worst) so its pretty hackish to blame the Republicans for the economy and the vast majority of voters agree with that. Also if Democrats want to bring up the economy, the fact is the recovery from this recession has been far better than the recovery from the Great Recession so if the Democrats want to bring up the economic crash , the Republicans can counter that the Trump recovery has been so much better than the Obama recovery and while I agree thats misleading so is blaming the Republicans for the crash. So really to be fair the economic crash should not be blamed on Republicans and they shouldnt get credit for the recovery better than 2009 because both claims are misleading.

I'm not blaming the Republicans for the crash, which obviously isn't nearly as bad as 2008. What I am blaming them for is their response to the crisis. Refusing to pass more stimulus is unforgiveable. The economy looks great in the medium-term but right now, businesses are still failing and families are still struggling to make ends meet. McConnell refusing to work with Mnuchin and Pelosi on that issue alone should disqualify him from being majority leader.

The Democrats though did talk about how this is the worst recession since the depression, how Trump is the first president since Hoover to lose jobs which made their arguments on the economy seem disingenuous to the voters. If they instead made their economy argument about the stimulus like you said maybe they would have done better on the issue of the economy.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 06:15:14 PM »

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/gov-hogan-vote-loeffler-perdue-to-uphold-moderation-and-compromise-in-the-us-senate

Hogan endorses Loeffler and Perdue and loses much of my respect

Also his justification is very lame

I guess he really wants to run for President and get 8% in the New Hampshire primary

Well he is still a Republican so of course he wants the GOP to control the senate, he just didnt like Trump but that doenst mean he still isnt a Republican
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 07:11:39 PM »

CNN Exit polls have Perdue winning 62% of College-educated Whites in Georgia . Is that good or bad for Georgia
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 12:08:02 AM »

Ugh hopefully Manchin uses his power to stop the left wing agenda and force a more centrist agenda to pass
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 12:19:14 AM »

Ugh hopefully Manchin uses his power to stop the left wing agenda and force a more centrist agenda to pass

Biden's agenda is already fairly centrist. It's like some Republicans forget who won the primaries.

Yah centrist compared to how far left the Democratic Party has become but it’s still much to the left of the Democratic Party circa 2015
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 12:25:42 AM »

Biden's agenda is already fairly centrist. It's like some Republicans forget who won the primaries.

Yah centrist compared to how far left the Democratic Party has become but it’s still much to the left of the Democratic Party circa 2015

2015? I really don't get the sense the party has moved all that left since then. Bernie lost twice, "The Squad" doesn't have any power within the party. The leftists may be loud but they are hardly pulling the strings of the party.

Look at how far left the democrats have moved on social issues since then , as well as the fact many in the party are for Court packing .

Even on other issues such as healthcare , the centrist position now is the public option while in 2015 that was the position of the progressive wing of the party . Even things like the green new deal which would have been nuts in 2015 are being entertained now
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 12:29:03 AM »

I do think Rs start off as favorites for GA-SEN and GOV in 2022 but I suspect those will be the last statewide R wins (if they win at all) for a long time in Georgia. Weird to think that Ossoff may well be starting a lifer senate career.

Why would you think that.
I mean...because it’s a Biden midterm lol? I get that GA is trending D but I suspect the national environment will be more of a shift than that over the next two years. Plus Trumpism probably sped up the trend to some extent. I’m not saying Ds can’t win but it’s hard to imagine they’ll be favored in a vacuum.

It was "a Bush midterm" when Max Cleland was defeated. Don't buy into nonsense.

2002 was the best election night for the GOP since 1994 though and a midterm like 2002 is extremely rare for a party to have .

Also Georgia in 2000 was clearly more republican than Georgia is democratic today
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 12:32:11 AM »

I do think Rs start off as favorites for GA-SEN and GOV in 2022 but I suspect those will be the last statewide R wins (if they win at all) for a long time in Georgia. Weird to think that Ossoff may well be starting a lifer senate career.

Why would you think that.
I mean...because it’s a Biden midterm lol? I get that GA is trending D but I suspect the national environment will be more of a shift than that over the next two years. Plus Trumpism probably sped up the trend to some extent. I’m not saying Ds can’t win but it’s hard to imagine they’ll be favored in a vacuum.

It was "a Bush midterm" when Max Cleland was defeated. Don't buy into nonsense.

2002 was the best election night for the GOP since 1994 though and a midterm like 2002 is extremely rare for a party to have .

Also Georgia in 2000 was clearly more republican than Georgia is democratic today

Okay, what's your point?

Using 2002 a baseline for 2022 is pretty ridiculous
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 12:35:54 AM »

Silence Republican! Lake all members of your party, you have Giro moral Authority, as in none whatsoever, to complain about how the opposing party has supposedly embraced extremism.

The 2017 tax reform , deregulation were clealry good things and not far right
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 01:14:11 AM »

I'm so happy for America. This is a truly great day for our nation!

While it may not be the result I wanted , congratulations on the victory and I hope good legislation can pass
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies