Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:56:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 266791 times)
compucomp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: December 22, 2020, 07:56:32 PM »

Ignoring the fact for now that he claims he may still stay in office, Trump just trashed the COVID relief package passed by Congress, saying it's full of wasteful spending unrelated to COVID and that the payments to families are far too small. Could this be a game changer for these runoffs? Ossoff and Warnock could now say, "Look I agree with President Trump on almost nothing, but he's absolutely right that Georgians deserve more relief and more cash now" and Perdue and Loeffler are on the hook for voting for it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1276 on: December 22, 2020, 07:58:27 PM »

So, funny that Ron Johnson who is the most endangered R in Congress I'm 2022/ obstructed 1200. Now he along with Loeffler and Perdue are gonna be blamed for it

Keep statehood alive by winning GA, WI, PA and NC
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1277 on: December 22, 2020, 08:00:11 PM »

wow #populism  Purple heart
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1278 on: December 22, 2020, 08:10:46 PM »

Ignoring the fact for now that he claims he may still stay in office, Trump just trashed the COVID relief package passed by Congress, saying it's full of wasteful spending unrelated to COVID and that the payments to families are far too small. Could this be a game changer for these runoffs? Ossoff and Warnock could now say, "Look I agree with President Trump on almost nothing, but he's absolutely right that Georgians deserve more relief and more cash now" and Perdue and Loeffler are on the hook for voting for it.

I'm not going to lie, this actually could be a good tactic. I don't think it alienates Biden voters very much either.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1279 on: December 22, 2020, 08:34:01 PM »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1341537886315950080

I'm not going to lie, this actually could be a good tactic. I don't think it alienates Biden voters very much either.

Yeah, this is definitely him trying for a "good" look that - if the Republicans agree with it - could very well help them & hurt the Democrats in Georgia.
compucomp

« Reply #1280 on: December 22, 2020, 08:50:26 PM »
« Edited: December 22, 2020, 08:54:01 PM by compucomp »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1341537886315950080

Yeah, this is definitely him trying for a "good" look that - if the Republicans agree with it - could very well help them & hurt the Democrats in Georgia.

I don't see how the Democrats could come off worse from this Trump video unless they commit political malpractice and somehow allow themselves to be blamed for blocking more relief when more relief is what the Dems have been advocating all along. It's the Senate Republicans who have consistently blocked more relief, falling back on the traditional Republican talking points about the deficit and excessive government spending, and Trump just made them look like fools. The House Dems could now just pass a "clean" spending bill that solely allocates $1400 payments (on top of the $600), send it over to the Senate, and watch the Senate Republicans squirm. Even if Trump signs the bill, if Dems properly use this video it would mean Loeffler and Perdue get no credit for it.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1281 on: December 22, 2020, 09:19:11 PM »

Apparently this is bodycam footage of warnock's ex wife crying to cops about his conduct.

"This man’s running for United States Senate, and all he cares about right now is his reputation," she tells the officer. "I’ve been very quiet about the way that he is for the sake of my kids and his reputation."

https://twitter.com/StephenLawson_/status/1341564642481623041
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1282 on: December 22, 2020, 09:22:53 PM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1283 on: December 22, 2020, 09:24:39 PM »

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1284 on: December 22, 2020, 09:25:21 PM »

This is probably a nothingburger, but I also thought the cal cunningham texts were a nothingburger, and they probably cost him some votes.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1285 on: December 22, 2020, 09:28:41 PM »

lol.. why are you replying with some random Posobiec tweet, that has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Watch the clip and you'll see it's literal bodycam footage.

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1286 on: December 22, 2020, 09:29:26 PM »

This is probably a nothingburger, but I also thought the cal cunningham texts were a nothingburger, and they probably cost him some votes.

I think it depends upon how blown up this becomes. If it never blows up it will have no meaningful impact on the outcome. If it blows up throughout the state it could cause serious problems for him. However, if it blows up "too much", it'll become some sort of political football and ultimately have very little impact on the final outcome.

With Cal Cunningham, it's truly impossible to know how much it cost him, if at all. My guess based on his underperformance of Biden was maybe a 1-2% shave, but that could make all the difference in a close race.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #1287 on: December 22, 2020, 09:35:14 PM »

Yawn. This is old news.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1288 on: December 22, 2020, 09:35:31 PM »

lol.. why are you replying with some random Posobiec tweet, that has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Because you debase your own credibility as an Atlas poster when you rely on known purveyors of fake news for your information.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1289 on: December 22, 2020, 09:40:07 PM »
« Edited: December 22, 2020, 09:43:33 PM by AncestralDemocrat. »

Because you debase your own credibility as an Atlas poster when you rely on known purveyors of fake news for your information.
How have you jumped to the conclusion that I rely on Pobosiec for my information..? Because I linked one tweet which contained the clip which is being discussed..

Atlas at large doesn't have any real degree of credibility, so I don't have far to fall in that sense.

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1290 on: December 22, 2020, 09:49:27 PM »

How have you jumped to the conclusion that I rely on Pobosiec for my information..? Because I linked one tweet which contained the clip which is being discussed..

Atlas at large doesn't have any real degree of credibility, so I don't have far to fall in that sense.

Ultimately, quoting random people on twitter isn't the best source but TBF, there's so many on this forum who do it. Overall, I wish we would stop quoting random tweets from random people on this forum overall, not specifically targeting you, but thought I would bring it up while we're on the subject.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1291 on: December 22, 2020, 09:54:24 PM »

Do you think Posobiec has a real degree of credibility?
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1292 on: December 22, 2020, 09:54:39 PM »

Ultimately, quoting random people on twitter isn't the best source but TBF, there's so many on this forum who do it. Overall, I wish we would stop quoting random tweets from random people on this forum overall, not specifically targeting you, but thought I would bring it up while we're on the subject.
I would agree.. in this instance, I only quoted Pobisec as he had the clip of the bodycam on hand.

But, that one post has clearly exposed me as relying on purveyors of fake news for my information. My reputation is ruined..  Smile

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1293 on: December 22, 2020, 09:55:36 PM »

I would agree.. in this instance, I only quoted Pobisec as he had the clip of the bodycam on hand.

But, that one post has clearly exposed me as relying on purveyors of fake news for my information. My reputation is ruined..  Smile

Yeah, I think you're fine here for the sake of showing the clip, which is definately something very relevant in this race
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #1294 on: December 22, 2020, 09:57:00 PM »

Theres nothing explosive in the video. If it was just coming to light that Warnock was involved in a domestic dispute, I'd say it was a bombshell. But we've known the details since March.

If Warnock loses, it'll be because of the barrage of attacks using out of context quotes from Warnock's church services, not his marriage problems.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1295 on: December 22, 2020, 09:58:31 PM »

I personally think that Warnock could be accused of things far worse than that and it wouldn’t change people's minds. This race isn’t about Warnock's background/strengths as a candidate but about him being vote 50 for Senate Democrats, and in my view no story will change that in a state with as small a segment of genuinely persuadable voters as GA. Don’t think this is comparable to the Cunningham revelations.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1296 on: December 22, 2020, 09:58:37 PM »

Jeez.. I never would of thought this would turn into a discussion of Jack Pobisec's credibility. This is Atlas, so why should I expect anything else..

His credibility (or lack thereof) really doesn't matter in this instance, as he wasn't the individual who somehow manufactured the bodycam footage or the clip..

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1297 on: December 22, 2020, 10:06:47 PM »

Jeez.. I never would of thought this would turn into a discussion of Jack Pobisec's credibility. This is Atlas, so why should I expect anything else..

His credibility (or lack thereof) really doesn't matter in this instance, as he wasn't the individual who somehow manufactured the bodycam footage or the clip..

Okay so why are you here?
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #1298 on: December 22, 2020, 10:14:12 PM »
« Edited: December 22, 2020, 10:18:29 PM by BudgieForce »

Loeffler is comically skeezy. We all know she's been sitting on this footage for months. We also know Warnock's ex-wife has said she doesn't want this out in the open.

I fully expect her to win re-election, but seriously Georgia, your senators are garbage level humans.

Edit: And yes, I am fully aware of the irony of that statement coming from a Floridian.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1299 on: December 22, 2020, 10:19:38 PM »

Waiting until nearly 2 million Georgians have voted to dump and utilize this footage is stupid. If it were to have any impact, the time to do it would've been 10 days ago: at least then you would have the chance of scaring an optimal number of undecided white suburbrons.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies