Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:57:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 267733 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: December 07, 2020, 07:00:27 AM »

Why did Ossoff not bring this energy before November then? He was just 0.3% away from being denied the chance to go to a runoff at all, and that would have cost Democrats the Senate. Warnock at least had the excuse that a runoff in the special was inevitable.

He did, he just got crowded out by the heated presidential race and the other heated Senate campaign. Ossoff has been killing it, there's a reason Perdue won't show up to these debates, his ads are great and he's going to win.

Yeah Ossoff did that memey ad where he was walking down the street towards the camera that made the ladies of Resistance Twitter swoon.

Moderates in the Northern Atlanta Suburbs (TM) will hate that though. Anyone who lives in a suburban area is a moderate Republican who hates memes and loves David Perdue
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #801 on: December 07, 2020, 07:24:19 AM »

>asked how she reaches out to minority communities
>talks about school choice

Huh

In honor of Kelly Loeffler, I encourage everyone here to change your name to Radical Liberal Raphael Warnock. Use capital Is and 1s if you need to.

Warnock is literally a Christian Marxist, the worst possible combination of things.

Those are features, not bugs hoss.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #802 on: December 07, 2020, 09:36:25 AM »

Why did Ossoff not bring this energy before November then? He was just 0.3% away from being denied the chance to go to a runoff at all, and that would have cost Democrats the Senate. Warnock at least had the excuse that a runoff in the special was inevitable.

did you not see their last debate? he's been bringing this energy.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #803 on: December 07, 2020, 10:17:05 AM »

Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #804 on: December 07, 2020, 10:18:46 AM »

I don't know if anybody cares about this, but Loeffler's claim to be self made are as completely false as everything else she said.  She referred to having worked on her parents farm and having worked as a waitress.  This is what she left out:

She financed her graduate school tuition by mortgaging land inherited from her grandparents.

In 2002, she joined Intercontinental Exchange, a commodity and financial service provider, in investor relations.[17] She married the firm's CEO, Jeffrey Sprecher, in 2004.[15][18] Loeffler was eventually promoted to senior vice president of investor relations and corporate communications.[19] In 2018, she became the chief executive officer (CEO) of Bakkt, a subsidiary of Intercontinental Exchange.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Loeffler

Two other things:
1.For those using dated arguments on the merits of wiki, I would certainly take its word over the word of a liar like Kelly Loeffler.

2.I have no problem with people, primarily women obviously, marrying into positions of power.  I have a problem when people claim to be something they're not.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #805 on: December 07, 2020, 10:47:10 AM »

Win or lose, I think we can safely say that Osoff has run an excellent campaign while Loeffler has run a truly abysmal one.  Will either of these things matter?  We'll see, but I'd definitely give Osoff's campaign a solid A and Loeffler's a D- from what I've seen so far.  
T0rM3nTeD
Rookie
United States

« Reply #806 on: December 07, 2020, 11:12:13 AM »

Another ballot dump.

Total of 43,289 ballots accepted so far. There were 1.32M in the GE.
Total of 1.067M ballots requested so far. There were 1.782M requested in the GE.

If they break the same way they did in the GE Senate race, the breakdown would be:

Dems - 26,730
GOP - 16,559
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #807 on: December 07, 2020, 11:25:07 AM »

Do you guys worry that Democrats will nationalize these races too much for their own good, kind of like what happened in ME?

Georgia is racially polarized. Maine is not. Maine is a secular white state that splits tickets.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #808 on: December 07, 2020, 11:40:23 AM »

Oh my god, I would pay literally all my money to be able to jump into Warnock's body and just trash the s--t out of Loeffler.  I think this is one of those places where the Trump debate strategy is really called for.  Just call her out for relying on the same 4 lies, interrupt her every time she lies, call her a child for continually using the "radical liberal Raphael Warnock" thing, etc.

By the way, leftists, have you noticed that Loeffler's entire strategy to win this debate is to accuse Warnock of supporting "defund the police" and the Green New Deal?  Imagine if we hadn't served up those weapons on a silver platter to the GOP.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MsCbv8bRHrY

1:46 to 2:00 explains why Warnock can’t do this. White moderates don’t like to see angry black men.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #809 on: December 07, 2020, 12:21:31 PM »

One thing that I find so curi ous about this race is that it seems like both sides are pessimistic on their chances of winning. Normally on Atlas, and throughout other election communities, Democrats tend to be bullish on Democrats while Republicans tend to be bullish on Republicans, yet for these, I feel like I'm seeing a more than usual number of people from both sides saying the other side will win. Democrats generally seem worried their voters won't show up, and the opposite is true for Republicans, who worry their base won't show up. Anyone else who feels this way?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #810 on: December 07, 2020, 12:40:08 PM »

The thing about these polls about these 2 races is that they have to assume what the ejectorate will be lkiie. I feel like the way that we should be looking at this polls is what the result would be if the electorate is Biden +4 or Trump +6, ect, and try to be able to develop a picture from that, instead of just using the polling average as the median outcome.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #811 on: December 07, 2020, 01:01:49 PM »

One thing that I find so curi ous about this race is that it seems like both sides are pessimistic on their chances of winning. Normally on Atlas, and throughout other election communities, Democrats tend to be bullish on Democrats while Republicans tend to be bullish on Republicans, yet for these, I feel like I'm seeing a more than usual number of people from both sides saying the other side will win. Democrats generally seem worried their voters won't show up, and the opposite is true for Republicans, who worry their base won't show up. Anyone else who feels this way?

The difference is that Democrats have actual reasons which reference facts and rational discourse to justify their pessimism, whereas the Republicans who are pessimistic are just pessimistic because they believe baseless conspiracy theories that the elections are somehow rigged in Georgia by Republicans against Republicans.

Ironically, the only thing that can really give Dems the faintest sliver of hope is the very fact that Republicans apparently believe and are promoting these conspiracy theories, and pretending that Trump won the election rather than facing the reality that he lost by 8 million votes, and are attempting to overturn the election based on nothing and install Trump as dictator, which might cause a few extra suburbanites to vote Dem in repulsion at that.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #812 on: December 07, 2020, 01:25:07 PM »

The difference is that Democrats have actual reasons which reference facts and rational discourse to justify their pessimism, whereas the Republicans who are pessimistic are just pessimistic because they believe baseless conspiracy theories that the elections are somehow rigged in Georgia by Republicans against Republicans.

Ironically, the only thing that can really give Dems the faintest sliver of hope is the very fact that Republicans apparently believe and are promoting these conspiracy theories, and pretending that Trump won the election rather than facing the reality that he lost by 8 million votes, and are attempting to overturn the election based on nothing and install Trump as dictator, which might cause a few extra suburbanites to vote Dem in repulsion at that.

That may be true to some degree, but even on this forum, Trump supporters such as Buzz who have accepted the results of the election has expressed some concerns about Republican’s chances despite generally being favorable to Trump and Republicans in his predictions.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #813 on: December 07, 2020, 01:37:26 PM »

That may be true to some degree, but even on this forum, Trump supporters such as Buzz who have accepted the results of the election has expressed some concerns about Republican’s chances despite generally being favorable to Trump and Republicans in his predictions.

Um, this doesn't sound all that pessimistic about Republican chances in the GA runoffs....:

Any poll showing Perdue tied or trailing is certified junk.  You can chose to believe it but you will be in the same position the polls put you in a couple weeks ago.  I won’t be posting much as I’m burnt out after the last few months, but Perdue is a LOCK.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #814 on: December 07, 2020, 01:44:35 PM »

Um, this doesn't sound all that pessimistic about Republican chances in the GA runoffs....:

Any poll showing Perdue tied or trailing is certified junk.  You can chose to believe it but you will be in the same position the polls put you in a couple weeks ago.  I won’t be posting much as I’m burnt out after the last few months, but Perdue is a LOCK.

Yikes, I must be thinking of someone else and/or have gone completely insane.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #815 on: December 07, 2020, 01:57:52 PM »

I generally get a sense that both parties feel as though they could have done better with their candidates, which I'm sure goes a long way with regards to optimism/pessimism towards a win.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #816 on: December 07, 2020, 01:59:21 PM »

For what it's worth, I just applied the YouTube Comment Method™ to these races. It seems like the Democrats have an advantage.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #817 on: December 07, 2020, 01:59:54 PM »

I generally get a sense that both parties feel as though they could have done better with their candidates, which I'm sure goes a long way with regards to optimism/pessimism towards a win.

I agree, I think neither side was really expecting this to happen; most Democrats thought if Perdue was below 50%^they would've already won the Senate and most Republicans seemed to think they would win the Senate outright, so it seems like both sides are dissapointed that it's come to this.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #818 on: December 07, 2020, 02:30:58 PM »

Well, now we're f**ked.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #819 on: December 07, 2020, 02:31:15 PM »

I'm really surprised what a great candidate Warnock has turned out to be. Maybe it's because Loeffler is so bad that anyone would look good. There's not a superstar among the four but imo he's the best of the bunch.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #820 on: December 07, 2020, 02:33:30 PM »

I'm really surprised what a great candidate Warnock has turned out to be. Maybe it's because Loeffler is so bad that anyone would look good. There's not a superstar among the four but imo he's the best of the bunch.

To me, Warnock and Ossoff seem to have the edge when it comes to canidate quality/charisma, though Perdue has the slight incumbency edge too. Perdue and Loefeller really have turned out to be pretty weak though
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #821 on: December 07, 2020, 02:34:56 PM »

Warnock is a pretty weak candidate; it's more that Loeffler is even worse.  Osoff has turned out to be an excellent candidate though.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #822 on: December 07, 2020, 02:43:59 PM »

To me, Warnock and Ossoff seem to have the edge when it comes to canidate quality/charisma, though Perdue has the slight incumbency edge too. Perdue and Loefeller really have turned out to be pretty weak though

Perdue and Loeffler are just rich, out of touch assholes in a year where that's really not a good look. I'd think they'd be better off if the situation on the ground was better.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #823 on: December 07, 2020, 02:52:30 PM »

It's expectation setting. Better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #824 on: December 07, 2020, 04:26:37 PM »

Ironically, Jon Ossoff may have been the one who saved Kelly Loeffler this year by holding Perdue below the 50% threshold (a runoff which determines Senate control is pretty much the only runoff Loeffler could win in today's GA). I think Doug Collins would have been stronger than Loeffler in the runoff, but given the immensely nationalized nature of both races, I doubt that the ‘candidate quality’ of any of the four candidates will have a major impact on the final outcome.

Loeffler will be in big trouble in 2022 even if it’s a ‘Biden midterm,’ and I’m really not sure she could carve out a particularly appealing brand for herself like Isakson did even if she tried.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies