2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:20:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 642700 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5075 on: November 04, 2020, 03:56:03 AM »

Well, I hope we're still able to have free and fair elections four years from now. Odds on that?
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #5076 on: November 04, 2020, 03:56:45 AM »

Yeah it’s time to push left on fiscal issues and right on social issues.

Ew no. You really think that's what cost us in Fla and TX?

Considering you see 60 point swings in poor rural Tejano counties?

Yes lol.

I think it's pretty clear that left on economics is bad with Latinos.

Stop confusing gusanos with Latinos in general. There are two separate problems here actually, arguably three:

1) Gusano Latinos (Cubans, Venezuelans, Colombians) in South Florida who are selfish little pricks and went all in on Trump's macho persona/militant opposition to BLM. They are basically Staten Island/Jersey Shore Italians at this point in terms of their reactionary politics. At this point the Dems should tell them to piss off, considering Donna Shalala spent her entire term sucking them off and yet the gusanos proved complete ingrates.
2) Rural Latinos in South Texas and New Mexico who are probably turned off by Democratic Party stances on cultural issues but not particularly against left-wing economics especially if they can be persuaded that they will materially benefit from it.
3) More of a turnout problem, but younger urban working-class Latinos, especially men who are left-wing on economic issues (strongly Sanders base) and culturally liberal but not particularly enamoured by "wokeness".

The Dems don't have to adopt Republican views on the Culture Wars but they have to be a genuinely big tent party and take a social liberal, civil libertarian approach on social issues.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5077 on: November 04, 2020, 03:57:17 AM »

Trump is only down 20k votes in Nevada, a nail biter we didn't expect

The rurals are reporting much faster than Clark. 
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5078 on: November 04, 2020, 03:57:49 AM »

Just go to where AP is doing this.

They still say 100%, so why not call NC already?
I have gone to sites using the AP total. It says 95%. Will you please direct me to the site you are seeing this at? Why are you being so obtuse and evasive?
https://microsoftnews.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/results-map?ocid=msedgntp
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5079 on: November 04, 2020, 03:58:53 AM »

Seems so, Clark is at 75% reporting, while rural counties are 80s and up.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5080 on: November 04, 2020, 03:59:22 AM »

Seems so, Clark is at 75% reporting, while rural counties are 80s and up.

However Biden is losing ground in Washoe over time, which could be concerning for him.
kwabbit

« Reply #5081 on: November 04, 2020, 03:59:51 AM »

NV is looking to be a nail biter. I have a feeling the election day votes in Clark may be better for Trump than expected, although Ralston is confident in Biden. If Trump could win it that would give him another route to 270. The final map could look a little screwy.
Splash
United States

« Reply #5082 on: November 04, 2020, 03:59:58 AM »

Trump's margin in MI down to 240K after a smattering of precincts from Saginaw, Kalamazoo, Grand Traverse, and Lansing lifts the expected vote from 72% to 74%
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #5083 on: November 04, 2020, 04:00:39 AM »

Biden catching in MI and will make it to a win according to the current ratios.

WI - Biden down by 108,000 (83% counted)

Of the remaining 647,000 votes to be counted, Biden needs to win 356,000 of them. (58.9%)

MI - Biden down by 252,567 (74% counted)

Of the remaining 1,442,332 votes to be counted, Biden needs to win 847,500 of them. (58.7%)

GA - Biden down by 102,134 (92% counted)

Of the remaining 406,000 votes to be counted, Biden needs to win 254,000 of them. (62.6%)

PA - Biden down by 677,988 (74% counted)

Of the remaining 1,850,000 votes to be counted, Biden needs to win 1,257,000 of them. (67.8%)

Biden needs to win 2 of the above 4 scenarios to win.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5084 on: November 04, 2020, 04:01:12 AM »

NV is looking to be a nail biter. I have a feeling the election day votes in Clark may be better for Trump than expected, although Ralston is confident in Biden. If Trump could win it that would give him another route to 270. The final map could look a little screwy.
If Ralston is bullish on Biden in NV, then I'm bullish on him as well.
forsythvoter

« Reply #5085 on: November 04, 2020, 04:01:21 AM »

One final closing comment. If Biden wins tonight, it will be because of the suburban swings against Trump:

GA: Metro Atlanta counties are swinging double digits against Trump. If GA falls to the Dems, it will be because of these swings

WI: Look at the WOW counties. Waukesha and Ozaukee are showing 7-8% swings to Biden. It's these swings that are keeping Biden competitive despite losing counties in the Southwest.
*On a separate note, Dane's turnout also may prove to be a key factor

AZ: Look at Maricopa. Enough said

MN: Look at Hennepin and counties like Carver and Scott. This is why the state is not the nailbiter we saw in 2016.

The list goes on but I need sleep.
kwabbit

« Reply #5086 on: November 04, 2020, 04:01:50 AM »

I think James is favored in MI-Senate at this point, along with Collins in Maine. Thinking the final breakdown will be 53-47, but those Georgia runoffs could go either way (expecting Purdue-Ossoff to go runoff).
CityByTheValley
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -4.96

« Reply #5087 on: November 04, 2020, 04:01:56 AM »

I did a bit more digging before I go to bed and some of the suburban swings tell us exactly what kind of party the Dems will be trending towards... and it's not going to be poorer by any means. Just looking at the MHI in MA and CT, we have the wealthiest towns:

Town.    MHI.    Clinton Margin.    Biden Margin (Tentative).    Swing

MA
1) Dover.    $204,018.    59-33 (26 pts).    69-28 (41 pts).    +15 D
2) Weston - Vote Data not available in 2020
3) Wellesley.    $176,852.    72-22 (50 pts)     77-20 (57 pts).    +7 D
4) Sudbury.    $170,945.    71-24 (47 pts).    76-22 (54 pts).    +7 D
5) Sherborn     $170,872.    68-24 (44 pts).    77-19 (58 pts).    +14 D
6) Carlisle.    $170,703.    70-22 (48 pts).    76-21 (55 pts).    +7 D

CT
1) Weston.    $219,083.    67-29 (38 pts).    73-26 (47 pts).    +9 D
2) Darien.    $210,511.    53-41 (12 pts).    61-38 (23 pts).    +11 D
3) New Canaan      $192,428.    53-42 (11 pts).    59-40 (19 pts).    +8 D
4) Westport.    $187,988.    69-27 (42 pts).    85-14 (71 pts).    + 29 (!!!) D*
5) Wilton.    $187,903.    58-37 (21 pts).    65-33 (32 pts).    +12 D

*Caveat regarding Westport - while most other towns in CT are 95%+ in, it is around 35% in. If this margin holds, however, it would literally be bluer than Bridgeport and New Haven, and actually the second-bluest place in CT after only Hartford.

Keep in mind the Biden data is still updating, although almost completed, and HRC saw the biggest margins for a Dem EVER in some of those towns, with Biden pulling even that to the left. I recall seeing a thread on this forum related to this topic and we already were seeing HRC gaining major swings nationwide, which I believe Biden will top.

I was too lazy to find education data, but this is a clear repudiation of Trump by even the wealthiest suburbanites. I'd predicted earlier we'd see Santa Clara County and neighboring San Mateo County see similar swings and as the votes are counted I'm fairly certain we'll see these results in Atherton, Hillsborough, Los Altos Hills, Woodside, and other mega-wealthy towns in the Bay Area. This pattern will probably stay nationwide although I feel like the Miami-Dade swings will prevent any movement or may reverse the trends for Key Biscayne, Coral Gables, and Pinecrest.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5088 on: November 04, 2020, 04:02:11 AM »

Imagine going through the last four years and saying "Yeah, we want another four of this sh!t". America is doomed, even if Biden ekes it finally out. Trump should have been rejected by an epic margin.
I absolutely agree. Even if Biden ends up eeking this out, which I still very much doubt, then this is a horrifying result given that everybody has seen what a raging lunatic Donald Trump is. The future for America and frankly the civilized western world, looks very bleak indeed.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #5089 on: November 04, 2020, 04:02:26 AM »

Washoe is Biden +4 now with 90% reporting . Four years ago Clinton only won Washoe by 1%. Biden will win NV but man there are some many issues going on
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5090 on: November 04, 2020, 04:03:03 AM »

PredictIt has lousy odds for Democrats in Senate races. 39% GA special was their only above 16%. That's with a MI loss in addition to AL and the CO and AZ wins.
kwabbit

« Reply #5091 on: November 04, 2020, 04:03:21 AM »

If Ralston is bullish on Biden in NV, then I'm bullish on him as well.

He's been getting less confident over time however; I don't think he'd want to contradict his prediction until its certain to go one way.
Gren
Spain

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.43

« Reply #5092 on: November 04, 2020, 04:03:30 AM »

I think Biden will win Wisconsin. Why are people not looking at the swings in the counties that are almost 100% reporting?

Dane has a 6-point swing towards the Democrats.
Ozaukee has a 7-point swing towards the Democrats.
Waukesha has a 6-point swing towards the Democrats, and I would expect it to become a little bit larger  because there's a chunk of uncounted absentee vote.
Eau Claire has a 3-point swing towards the Democrats.
Racine has a 1-point swing towards the Democrats.
St Croix has a 2-point swing towards the Democrats.

Up north, Douglas has a 2-point swing, Bayfield a 5-point swing, Ashland is staying pretty much the same.

I appreciate that the swings are mixed elsewhere in the state, but the aforementioned counties put together have a large population. Wisconsin only needs a swing of less than 1 percent to flip.

If Biden doesn't underperform horribly in Milwaukee and Kenosha, I think he's winning.
gf20202
« Reply #5093 on: November 04, 2020, 04:04:09 AM »

Just go to where AP is doing this.

They still say 100%, so why not call NC already?
I have gone to sites using the AP total. It says 95%. Will you please direct me to the site you are seeing this at? Why are you being so obtuse and evasive?
https://microsoftnews.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/results-map?ocid=msedgntp

Shockingly Microsoftnews.msn.com isn't a real viable news source. Congrats on finding the world's worst fake scammy news page and choosing it over literally other any other accredited news source.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #5094 on: November 04, 2020, 04:04:18 AM »

Obama made a huge mistake by not pushing for DC statehood when he had the trifecta.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5095 on: November 04, 2020, 04:05:02 AM »

I think Biden will win Wisconsin. Why are people not looking at the swings in the counties that are almost 100% reporting?

Waukesha has a 6-point swing towards the Democrats, and I would expect it to become a little bit larger  because there's a chunk of uncounted absentee vote.

Up north, Douglas has a 2-point swing, Bayfield a 5-point swing, Ashland is staying pretty much the same.

I appreciate that the swings are mixed elsewhere in the state, but the aforementioned counties have a large population. Wisconsin only needs a swing of less than 1 percent to flip.

If Biden doesn't underperform horribly in Milwaukee and Kenosha, I think he's winning.

I think you’re right. And I also think Biden will win at least one of MI, PA, or GA. That will do it.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5096 on: November 04, 2020, 04:05:36 AM »

Well, looks like I was right about one thing. If Biden wins Wisconsin, his path runs through the metros--not the Driftless area.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5097 on: November 04, 2020, 04:05:59 AM »

I appreciate that the swings are mixed elsewhere in the state, but the aforementioned counties have a large population. Wisconsin only needs a swing of less than 1 percent to flip.

I think you’re right. And I also think Biden will win at least one of MI, PA, or GA. That will do it.

You know, I have to admire your determination. Biden is almost certain to lose yet you're still holding out hope.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #5098 on: November 04, 2020, 04:06:11 AM »

For all the early consternation about Virginia, it looks like Biden will win it by about 10%.  Some people never learn.
kwabbit

« Reply #5099 on: November 04, 2020, 04:06:39 AM »

I appreciate that the swings are mixed elsewhere in the state, but the aforementioned counties put together have a large population. Wisconsin only needs a swing of less than 1 percent to flip.

The rural counties are providing larger vote margins than last time, which is the counterbalance to the suburban swing to Biden.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies