2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 02:02:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 103
Author Topic: 2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2  (Read 85853 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2020, 05:01:52 PM »

A lot of conservatives on Election Twitter really seem to believe the data and the environment are pointing to a Trump victory.

As every Democrat says, Trump could still win, but it's not because that's what the evidence now shows is likely to happen.

Conservatives say this about every election though.

Here is some food for a thought.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Roarty/status/1319725828024995840

The information we have about what Republicans are saying behind closed doors also seems to indicate that they expect and are planning on losing both the White House and the Senate.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2020, 05:03:17 PM »

A lot of conservatives on Election Twitter really seem to believe the data and the environment are pointing to a Trump victory.

As every Democrat says, Trump could still win, but it's not because that's what the evidence now shows is likely to happen.

This is really bad because if Biden ends up winning Big on election night they are now going to think that the election was stolen from them because they thought the early voter numbers showed them that trump going to win and trump himself is most likely going to say the same thing

Trump will claim that he was going great during early voting but biden somehow stole the election from him
EJ24
United States

« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2020, 05:04:13 PM »

This is really bad because if Biden ends up winning Big on election night
they are now going to think the election was stolen from them beacue they though the early voter number show them that trump going to win and trump himself is most likely going to say the same thing

Trump will claim that he was going great during early voting but biden somehow stole the election from him

That's been the plan this entire election. Convince his base that a loss is literally impossible.

Look at the blue avatars on this site. I promise you none of them will accept the result if Biden wins.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2020, 05:04:48 PM »

Does anyone have more insight into the GA early vote? It's MASSIVE at this point, but kinda shocked that the black share is only 28.5%. In total in 2018, it was 30%. Kinda surprised to see it lower right now? Interested to see where Souls to the Polls effect the races in places like this.

Paging Former President Adam Griffin.... Wink
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #229 on: October 24, 2020, 05:07:31 PM »

Day one of early voting here in (Western) New York.

Went at 2PM, and saw a massive line of at least 100 people wrapping the entire perimeter of a Senior Center parking lot.

1 - Looks like I'll be dropping off my ballot on election night.

2 - If this is happening in highly Democratic WNY, imagine swing states. This is NOT good for the Trump campaign.

It's been unmistakeable that after 4 years people who are strong Democrats can not wait to vote out Donald Trump. We've seen that everywhere.

Albeit I'm 20, I've never seen a line (for anything) that long in my life. Even compared to videos I've seen in swing states, it was insane.

The momentum and energy of the Dems is undeniable.

The New York Times posted an article regarding NY and the first day of early voting:

Thousands of New Yorkers flooded polling places and waited hours in long lines on Saturday, the first day of early voting, with many saying that they turned out because of concerns that their ballots might not be counted if they tried to vote by mail.

Lines stretched for blocks outside polling sites, including Barclays Center in Brooklyn and the Armory in Washington Heights, as election officials contended with malfunctioning electronic poll machines and tried to calm anxious voters.

The hurdles for voters and poll workers on the first day of voting reflected the challenges of a holding a contentious presidential election in the middle of a pandemic. But many people remained undeterred by the delays and the coronavirus....Late last month, the city’s Board of Elections came under fire after as many as 100,000 voters in Brooklyn received absentee ballots with the wrong names and addresses.

This is the first presidential election during which New Yorkers are allowed to cast ballots early. The State Legislature approved early voting in 2019, after Democrats took control, making New York one of the last states to adopt it....

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/24/nyregion/new-york-early-voting.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #230 on: October 24, 2020, 05:09:25 PM »

Conservatives say this about every election though.

Here is some food for a thought.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Roarty/status/1319725828024995840

The information we have about what Republicans are saying behind closed doors also seems to indicate that they expect and are planning on losing both the White House and the Senate.

Yeah, Wasserman has even said that the private district polling has been awful for Republicans.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #231 on: October 24, 2020, 05:28:12 PM »

Maybe a bold prediction but I think we hit 100 million votes by this coming Friday...
n1240

« Reply #232 on: October 24, 2020, 05:30:36 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #233 on: October 24, 2020, 05:31:13 PM »

Anyone know if NY will be reporting daily voting totals?
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #234 on: October 24, 2020, 05:35:07 PM »

Does anyone have more insight into the GA early vote? It's MASSIVE at this point, but kinda shocked that the black share is only 28.5%. In total in 2018, it was 30%. Kinda surprised to see it lower right now? Interested to see where Souls to the Polls effect the races in places like this.

A good chunk of Black voters in GA aren't registered by race at all, so they'd fall under the Other category.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #235 on: October 24, 2020, 05:35:14 PM »

And Wisconsin is already over 1.3 million votes, nearly matching Hillary's total in 2016.
n1240

« Reply #236 on: October 24, 2020, 05:37:03 PM »

Anyone know if NY will be reporting daily voting totals?

NY is very bad at reporting this type of stuff historically, definitely not expecting anything from the statewide BOE. Some counties may report them individually though, and I think NYC reports early in-person vote count daily during the early in-person voting period.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #237 on: October 24, 2020, 05:46:09 PM »

For the EV doomers in particular:

pantsaregood
United States

« Reply #238 on: October 24, 2020, 05:54:35 PM »

does this mean it is time for joe to triage wississippi
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #239 on: October 24, 2020, 05:55:29 PM »

Metro Atlanta weekend voters pleasantly surprised by short, efficient lines
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #240 on: October 24, 2020, 05:56:55 PM »

Someone in the replies makes the point that, since Trump has demonized mail-in voting so much, the Republicans who actually are voting by mail at this point may be disproportionately Biden voters. Which makes sense to  me.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #241 on: October 24, 2020, 06:02:55 PM »

Can you add Hays county to this list?

Sure! I can only find daily updates from 2018 though:

HAYS COUNTY (Austin suburbs) (Day 11)
2018:    54,942     40.9%  (76.1% of 2016 turnout)
2020:    70,386     46.1%  (97.5% of 2016 turnout)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #242 on: October 24, 2020, 06:23:59 PM »

Really ugly numbers in Florida. Let’s see if the Obama rally this weekend can turn things around but it may be time to consider redirecting resources to GA and TX.

🤔🤔🤔

anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #243 on: October 24, 2020, 06:26:17 PM »

So this may be a stupid question, but I'd love if someone more familiar with election mechanics could answer... With millions of people returning their ballots well before election day, is there any actual reason to believe we won't get results on election night? Even places that cannot count until the day of, I mean that's when we normally count them anyway, right? I may be missing something about the actual ways this is run, but on paper the fears seem kind of unsubstantiated to me.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #244 on: October 24, 2020, 06:27:36 PM »

Really ugly numbers in Florida. Let’s see if the Obama rally this weekend can turn things around but it may be time to consider redirecting resources to GA and TX.

🤔🤔🤔

If this is the case then Biden is going to LOSE BOTH. Historically Florida is at least ~5% to the left of Georgia.  Florida was won by the democrats in 2008 and 2012. Georgia when that goes democratic that will be huge and Michigan 2016 like!
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #245 on: October 24, 2020, 06:29:24 PM »

So this may be a stupid question, but I'd love if someone more familiar with election mechanics could answer... With millions of people returning their ballots well before election day, is there any actual reason to believe we won't get results on election night? Even places that cannot count until the day of, I mean that's when we normally count them anyway, right? I may be missing something about the actual ways this is run, but on paper the fears seem kind of unsubstantiated to me.

Some states are allowed to count ballots hours or days prior to polls closing

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/vopp-table-16-when-absentee-mail-ballot-processing-and-counting-can-begin.aspx
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #246 on: October 24, 2020, 06:30:42 PM »

🤔🤔🤔

If this is the case then Biden is going to LOSE BOTH. Historically Florida is at least ~5% to the left of Georgia.  Florida was won by the democrats in 2008 and 2012. Georgia when that goes democratic that will be huge and Michigan 2016 like!
Obama is in Florida right now. Biden going to Georgia doesn’t mean he’s triaged on Florida good grief
Buzz

« Reply #247 on: October 24, 2020, 06:31:06 PM »

Wouldn’t look too deep into the campaign stops.  Trump was in Nevada this week and is going to New Hampshire tomorrow.  Neither are going his way.
philly09

« Reply #248 on: October 24, 2020, 06:31:13 PM »

🤔🤔🤔

Bill Clinton won GA, but lost Florida. It can happen.
philly09

« Reply #249 on: October 24, 2020, 06:32:38 PM »

🤔🤔🤔

Obama is in Florida right now. Biden going to Georgia doesn’t mean he’s triaged on Florida good grief

Amy Klobuchar is also in Florida today. Hardly a triage.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 103  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies