2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 04:41:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 103
Author Topic: 2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2  (Read 85943 times)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2020, 10:15:51 AM »

HAYS County has surpassed 70k and is just 2k shy of TOTAL 2016 turnout.  They’ll pass it today. They need to hit 80k to break the 2018 record, which they’ll do sometime early next week. I’ll be shocked if Hays total turnout this election doesn’t break 100k. I think Biden will net 20k+ out of here.

Ok, that's done it: dropping $50 on PredictIt for Biden to win Texas.

I bet 2 friends who don’t follow politics at all $100 each on Texas, so I got $200 riding on Biden. These bitches better get out and vote pronto
EJ24
United States

« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2020, 10:34:20 AM »

To be honest, it's hard not to get excited/confident about Texas. If they are already at 71% of the TOTAL 2016 vote, and we know early vote favors Dems, I think it's gonna a pretty tall order for Republicans to totally erase that.

If early turnout matched 2016 and Dems had the advantage, that's one thing. But this, combined with the changing demographics of the state. I can't help it, I'm feeling really optimistic.
psychprofessor

« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2020, 11:05:03 AM »

To be honest, it's hard not to get excited/confident about Texas. If they are already at 71% of the TOTAL 2016 vote, and we know early vote favors Dems, I think it's gonna a pretty tall order for Republicans to totally erase that.

If early turnout matched 2016 and Dems had the advantage, that's one thing. But this, combined with the changing demographics of the state. I can't help it, I'm feeling really optimistic.

There really isn't one place where Dem turnout isn't enthusiastic. This isn't 2016 - the question becomes does Dem turnout overtake R's in states like NC, GA, AZ and TX? I think Biden can win one or two of these states if the election were today.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2020, 11:08:05 AM »

I live right next to one of the early voting centers in Brooklyn that is open for the first time today. I just came back home and had to cross the line to get inside. People I spoke to had been waiting since before it opened at 10am and were not inside the polling place yet (after more than 2 hours in line).

Anecdata but I don’t think NY is going to release early voting data at all because the Board of Elections is a joke, so this is what we’ll get.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2020, 11:23:40 AM »

An interesting bit of insight from Nate Cohn with regard to ballot counting in Arizona:

Do we have a thread compiling covid era reporting progressions since these are likely to differ from the norm. Mainly at this stage, what states can be expected to count mail in and early votes quickly, versus those that will take days.

I read that NC expects to have most of them counted by election day?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2020, 11:33:15 AM »

Ok this is bad. This is supposed to be souls to the polls weekend time
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2020, 11:34:18 AM »

Their isn’t church on Saturday.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2020, 11:35:43 AM »

Their isn’t church on Saturday.
I’m speaking in general that the weekend is supposed to be the big turnout time for Dems these are bad numbers and VBM isn’t great either
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2020, 11:36:44 AM »

Starting to like what I am seeing!!!! I really doubt the opinions of the Florida voters have changed since 2018 and Trump is probably favored. That is the honest truth.

Buzz

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2020, 11:37:15 AM »

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2020, 11:38:44 AM »

Another way to look at Florida. Democrats at the same getting their best voters to the polls, but also doing much better at getting infrequent voters out.

That’s not reassuring data tbh

Not reassuring that they are getting more infrequent voters out, in addition to their super voters?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2020, 11:40:08 AM »

Another way to look at Florida. Democrats at the same getting their best voters to the polls, but also doing much better at getting infrequent voters out.

Not reassuring that they are getting more infrequent voters out, in addition to their super voters?
Not reassuring that the GOP has so much more reliable vote out left for ED
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2020, 11:48:33 AM »

There is like a 90% chance that Republicans are just cannibalizing their election day vote, exactly as Dems have done in the past. Y'all are ridiculous.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2020, 11:49:50 AM »

Morning data file from the Florida DOE.   Statewide Democrats inching closer to their 2016 EV Turnout number.  Gains from yesterday

Dem-   43.2% (+3.4)
Rep-    36.7% (+4.1)
NPA-    27.4% (+2.8 )

Looking at County specifics-

Larger counties chugging along (go Palm Beach & Pinellas).  However, look at mid-size counties, doing quite well but that is to be expected given they are mostly retirement counties and have the time to vote mid-week.  I expect Larger counties to make a run this weekend (more working class & hopefully souls to the polls)

Note:  Democrats in 3 of Florida's 68 counties have already surpassed '16 EV Turnout.   This includes the relatively large Pasco County- Suburb of Tampa....hmmmmm.  

Democrats in many more counties will surpass EV numbers today.

Most useful info being posted on this site.  Thank you!!
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2020, 11:50:11 AM »

There is like a 90% chance that Republicans are just cannibalizing their election day vote, exactly as Dems have done in the past. Y'all are ridiculous.

Explain, darthpi!
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2020, 11:53:14 AM »

Can everyone stop freaking out over the daily partisan breakdown in Florida and just focus on the charts Flabuckey is posting.  Democrats were never going to maintain a 400,000 vote advantage in Florida, that's why it's a battleground state.  The key for Democrats is to get their turnout up.  The single most important number to look at is the percentage of registered democrats voting and how it moves each day.  Flabuckey is providing that info and there should be more focus on that.  Democrats just need to get their people out in Florida, period.
Panda Express

« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2020, 11:55:57 AM »

Yeah, Dems need to get those Miami numbers up. Can't Pitbull hold an event or something?
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2020, 11:56:00 AM »

Explain, darthpi!

In a state where Republicans already turn out at a high rate because of a well-organized party apparatus, almost all of the early vote for them is probably just coming from people who were going to vote anyway on election day if they hadn't voted early. If their early vote numbers are better than some people are expecting, there's a high chance that the election day advantage for Republicans actually won't be as large as many people are assuming.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2020, 12:00:18 PM »

And if you keep getting ~500,000 votes every day of early voting (as we did today), you won't have any votes left for ED, whatever their partisan composition
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2020, 12:01:40 PM »

Yeah, Dems need to get those Miami numbers up. Can't Pitbull hold an event or something?
They had Luis fonsi in Central Florida and played despacito but people complained that it was cheasy or pandering
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2020, 12:02:42 PM »

I'm pretty sure Obama is holding an event there.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2020, 12:04:44 PM »

Big mail drop in Clark County today:

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2020, 12:05:53 PM »

But that’s not what the tweet said. Reps still have a lot more 4/4 votes left compared to Dems
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2020, 12:09:05 PM »

Democrats are just 6K shy of their advantage in Clark in 2016 by the end of EV, and just one week has finished.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2020, 12:10:05 PM »

This guy makes a good point about mail. Given the issues with the post office, you are gonna have some good mail days and some bad mail days. Really depends on post office performance. Also this is a good time to start reminding people that they should stop putting their ballots in the mail and start using drop boxes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 103  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies