The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 12:38:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 173138 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: October 01, 2021, 12:01:12 PM »

OSR being in agreement with Jordan Shanks is proof that horseshoe theory is real.

I mean using the military to enforce these types of lockdowns:

- Nobody allowed to leave more than 5 km from their house

- Only allowed 1-2 hour outside of your house period for exercise

- Not allowed to have any visitors in your home

Plus cops are now going door to door asking people if they heard about any protests

Seems like a quasi-police state at this point

Also the fact that they're not even allowing their own citizens to come back in, which is a blatant human rights violation. Everyone just needs to accept that COVID will not be eradicated like smallpox or polio.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1401 on: October 01, 2021, 12:06:18 PM »

OSR being in agreement with Jordan Shanks is proof that horseshoe theory is real.

Plus cops are now going door to door asking people if they heard about any protests

Also the fact that they're not even allowing their own citizens to come back in, which is a blatant human rights violation. Everyone just needs to accept that COVID will not be eradicated like smallpox or polio.

Ahem: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-56924188
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/07/04/1010891117/aussies-stranded-abroad-include-hundreds-of-kids-folks-short-on-cash
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/australians-stuck-abroad-covid/index.html
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1402 on: October 01, 2021, 05:31:39 PM »

It's 2021 when you can go to a somewhat Christian music fest in Alabama and see this.

Still this is only CBD bath oil type stuff with not THC in the mix.

Just having an MJ banner on your booth doesn't make it legit and the real deal, where honestly THC based products are strongly effective against a wide array of medical conditions.

Alabama versions of Medical Marijuana are some of the most backwards of any state in the Union, while meanwhile in NE Bama in the outlaw region from Prohibition era, tons of THC MJ is being produced and distributed to support the local demand for Recreational markets as well.

No it's actual THC, just based on Delta-8 instead of Delta-9 and yes it does get you high. It's legal under a federal loophole that most states copied in the farm bill. I've bought and used a bunch in Minnesota. Trust me it's maybe a little bit weaker than D9, but the answer to "does it get you high?" Is a definite YES.

Sounds like a bunk argument to me...

I guess theoretically with some recent reforms in Alabama regarding Medical Marijuana it is possible that that this tent could potentially be selling THC outside of a music venue.

Did you sample the product or just posting based upon hearsay?

https://weedmaps.com/learn/laws-and-regulations/alabama

Due to the fact that what was being referred to was not in any way related to medical marijuana. It's a total non-sequitor.

Dude. Just because his question slightly veered off topic, and hardly in a totally tangental way either, does not remotely warrant it's being placed in this thread. Get a grip.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1403 on: October 01, 2021, 05:33:46 PM »

It's 2021 when you can go to a somewhat Christian music fest in Alabama and see this.

Just having an MJ banner on your booth doesn't make it legit and the real deal, where honestly THC based products are strongly effective against a wide array of medical conditions.

Alabama versions of Medical Marijuana are some of the most backwards of any state in the Union, while meanwhile in NE Bama in the outlaw region from Prohibition era, tons of THC MJ is being produced and distributed to support the local demand for Recreational markets as well.

No it's actual THC, just based on Delta-8 instead of Delta-9 and yes it does get you high. It's legal under a federal loophole that most states copied in the farm bill. I've bought and used a bunch in Minnesota. Trust me it's maybe a little bit weaker than D9, but the answer to "does it get you high?" Is a definite YES.

I guess theoretically with some recent reforms in Alabama regarding Medical Marijuana it is possible that that this tent could potentially be selling THC outside of a music venue.

Due to the fact that what was being referred to was not in any way related to medical marijuana. It's a total non-sequitor.

Dude. Just because his question slightly veered off topic, and hardly in a totally tangental way either, does not remotely warrant it's being placed in this thread. Get a grip.
It's more that I issued an explanation and he still kept pushing it and doubling down despite me having first hand experience with the product in question.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1404 on: October 01, 2021, 05:47:54 PM »

It's more that I issued an explanation and he still kept pushing it and doubling down despite me having first hand experience with the product in question.

Nope. Still calling this as Not a particularly absurd or ignorant post, but rather you just attention whoring again.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1405 on: October 01, 2021, 06:02:31 PM »

Nope. Still calling this as Not a particularly absurd or ignorant post, but rather you just attention whoring again.
Dude if you ever tried Delta-8 you would know that saying it doesn't get you high is quite absurd and ignorant. It's legal in Ohio too so you can try it yourself if you want...and then you would know that you can indeed get as f[inks]ing high as a kite on it.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1406 on: October 01, 2021, 06:08:03 PM »

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/07/04/1010891117/aussies-stranded-abroad-include-hundreds-of-kids-folks-short-on-cash

Yes I'm aware, I'm saying it's absurd that you're calling this a human rights violation.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1407 on: October 01, 2021, 06:16:20 PM »

Yes I'm aware, I'm saying it's absurd that you're calling this a human rights violation.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/may/05/un-raises-serious-human-rights-concerns-over-australia-india-travel-ban?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1620175474
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1408 on: October 01, 2021, 08:14:31 PM »

The reason why I’d support sanctions on Australia is due to their tyrannical COVID restrictions, which currently makes them a less free nation than China.

Click thread for context
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1409 on: October 01, 2021, 08:16:28 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/may/05/un-raises-serious-human-rights-concerns-over-australia-india-travel-ban?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1620175474

This article is over 4 months old, also it said it would be reconsidered on May 15, and nothing happened. I’m sad to see you doing this, I thought you were different from other Republicans, but now I’m convinced that that’s not the case.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1410 on: October 02, 2021, 02:54:52 PM »

Question: Will Biden be impeached after the midterms?

Yes, but he shouldn't be. Trump and Clinton should not have been either, nor should Obama have been in the conversation for impeachment. W Bush I can see the argument, however, given that he, Powell, Mueller, and Bolton lied to get us into Iraq.

No, all democrats should be tried and convicted (except Sinema)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1411 on: October 02, 2021, 05:12:06 PM »

Dude if you ever tried Delta-8 you would know that saying it doesn't get you high is quite absurd and ignorant. It's legal in Ohio too so you can try it yourself if you want...and then you would know that you can indeed get as f[inks]ing high as a kite on it.

So considering that I am the poster in question facing the serious and grave charges of having committed an absurd and/or ignorant post within the context of a BRTD thread, and under the full peer review of the judge and jury of my Atlas Peers, I believe I am allowed to respond directly.

I would have earlier but considering this got a "Seagull" into the absurd/ignorant post category while we were enjoying a lovely Birthday vacation week at the Oregon Coast, naturally I deigned to respond until my return home.

I humbly bow down before the sagacity and wisdom of BRTD on this issue, recognizing that I lack the proper Knowledge, Skills, and Experience (KSE) to be an effective independent analysist on the question "Does this get you high?".

BRTD has already stated that he is an expert in the consumption of this "Delta 8" version of THC, and that additionally he has gotten high multiple times consuming this product (Although unclear if he was ingesting, smoking, snorting, or "jacking up" with Delta).

I humbly take my lickings for having posted an absurd or ignorant post (He did not state which) and daring to question BRTD's personal experience with the drug.

Still, I should note that this product is still unregulated and there are serious questions regarding medical issues from usage of this product, so meanwhile now that I am back from vacation would prefer to go a bit more traditional and take a "puff from the Hobbits pipe", just like Gandolf the Grey.

https://cen.acs.org/biological-chemistry/natural-products/Delta-8-THC-craze-concerns/99/i31

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1412 on: October 03, 2021, 12:29:02 AM »

If the law said that people of color were banned from corporate boards then Atlas would be all for it.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #1413 on: October 04, 2021, 04:44:57 PM »

Remember when this guy helped us win big in 2006?

Now he's apparently tied his anchor to the "Squad" that will be lucky to leave us with 10 seats in all of Congress come 2023.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1414 on: October 05, 2021, 11:56:15 AM »

Bruh wtf

His love for black women makes him BLM's greatest ally.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1415 on: October 05, 2021, 02:04:38 PM »

Because the extreme on the left if it has a weakness, is that it’s too idealistic and optimistic, and compassionate.

TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1416 on: October 05, 2021, 05:36:19 PM »

If you voted for Trump in 2020, you're a fascist.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #1417 on: October 06, 2021, 05:37:21 PM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=465643.msg8278697#msg8278697
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1418 on: October 06, 2021, 08:17:07 PM »

There is no such thing as a legitimate vaccine exemption in my opinion. If you are deathly allergic to the COVID vaccine, guess what? Your life isn't more important than the general population. You still have to get the vaccine.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1419 on: October 08, 2021, 08:35:49 PM »

Also reminder that it's very easy to do edgy humor without being a bigot (see: IASIP, Curb).

Alphabet Person spotted
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1420 on: October 09, 2021, 11:45:17 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2021, 11:48:58 AM by The Democratic Party Left Me »

He'd beat her handily. Luckily for her, he will also for sure be re-elected in 2022.

Lmao, this forum is really going all in on the Unbeatable Titan Mark Kelly meme, isn’t it?

In the actual world, Kelly is highly vulnerable in 2022 (arguably more so than any other Democratic Senator) and Democrats would never be dumb enough to nominate a proven loser over an incumbent Senator with considerable crossover appeal and (still) a fairly liberal voting record. There is zero appetite for a McSally scenario on the Democratic side.

I'm not sure which take is worse 1) That a significant number of the Republicans who like that she's trying to kill the Democratic agenda would actually vote for Sinema in a GE when presented with a Republican nominee as the alternative, 2) The outlandish claim that Mark Kelly - even if he loses in 2022 - is the Democratic equivalent of Martha McSally, or 3) That Sinema is a liberal in any meaningful sense.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #1421 on: October 12, 2021, 01:02:19 PM »

Australia and Hawaii and US are all the greatest countries if I was rich I would take Family to Hawaii or Australia

Western Europe speaks English and so does Australia, Canada and Jamaica due to fact Anglican Church, or the Church of England were once Catholic Church, but Henry VIII wanted a divorce, Henry's cane to throne it because Richard II was gay and didn't have children, but Here's weren't in line for throne

Eastern Europe doesn't speak much English or Russia due to Lutheran Eastern Orthodox and much of Latin America speaks Portuguese or Spanish except for Puerto Rico
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1422 on: October 12, 2021, 02:31:42 PM »

Australia and Hawaii and US are all the greatest countries if I was rich I would take Family to Hawaii or Australia

Western Europe speaks English and so does Australia, Canada and Jamaica due to fact Anglican Church, or the Church of England were once Catholic Church, but Henry VIII wanted a divorce, Henry's cane to throne it because Richard II was gay and didn't have children, but Here's weren't in line for throne

Eastern Europe doesn't speak much English or Russia due to Lutheran Eastern Orthodox and much of Latin America speaks Portuguese or Spanish except for Puerto Rico

You dare disgrace this thread with Olawakandi?!
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #1423 on: October 12, 2021, 05:30:32 PM »

You dare disgrace this thread with Olawakandi?!
Yeah, I suppose that it’s sorta cheating to use an olawakandi post
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1424 on: October 12, 2021, 07:46:09 PM »

I actually kind of think we should implement a ban on face masks (with exceptions for religious belief) outside of medical facilities once we get back to early summer numbers.  As long as we see even a minority of people in masks, some people aren't going to psychologically be ready for normalcy.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies