BRTD in Birmingham
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:01:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  BRTD in Birmingham
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: BRTD in Birmingham  (Read 938 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 24, 2021, 06:22:31 PM »

I can’t tell what’s sadder; people in this thread thinking 'Hell' and 'Satan' are actually real things that people should be concerned about, or BRTD - a 37 year old man - being eager to join a Christian mosh pit.

It's going to happen tomorrow and it's going to be awesome motherf[inks]ers.

Currently in Houston, my flight is starting boarding now.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 06:45:31 PM »

Did you travel through any Trump '16 or '20 Counties as part of your current or future travel events?

What Tourist sites are you going to check out in what is a hot topic of debate of which city claims the title of being the "Steel City" (Pittsburgh naturally being the other city)?

Are you going to be checking out any gigs on your travels?

Are you planning on making a trip to the Gulf Coast, for what possibly might be the first time in your life?

NOVA is curious.... NOVA wants answers. NOW!!!!   BRTD live blogging travel events are always of interest to NOVA.   Wink
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 06:52:40 PM »

I can’t tell what’s sadder; people in this thread thinking 'Hell' and 'Satan' are actually real things that people should be concerned about, or BRTD - a 37 year old man - being eager to join a Christian mosh pit.

You with a D-AL avatar feels weird.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 07:10:39 PM »

You with a D-AL avatar feels weird.

Yeah this is unsettling. It's not even Halloween yet  Unsure
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 07:18:26 PM »

BRTD with a D-AL avatar? Is this Armageddon?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 07:30:07 PM »

Why would anyone willingly go to Alabama?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 07:33:40 PM »

Wh-what???

Are you MOVING to Alabama???

If so, oh man... This is not going to end well...
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 07:44:23 PM »

Wh-what???

do you really think BRTD would give up his "all liberal all the time" talking point so easily?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 08:31:26 PM »

Cue the nuclear Elmo meme.... (Don't have it at my fingertips but pretty sure our Atlas Comrades and Brothers & Sisters of all avatars can oblige...)

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 08:51:16 PM »

What's wrong with Alabama?

Went there for my Brothers Wedding in Tuscaloosa back around '13/'14 doing the long drive from Houston with no stays until we checked into our hotel the day before the wedding...

Will probably get reported or narc'd off for once again embedding a YouTube Music video into a thread (Quite possibly by BRTD himself considering it might not meet his "musical purity standards"). Wink Love you BRTD.

Alabama does have a long and proud tradition of musical artists and bands of a wide variety of genres which have subsequently influenced other forms of musical genres as part of a development of styles which originated in what used to be an overwhelmingly poor and rural backwater and economically underdeveloped region of the United States (Regardless of the whole Jim Crow scene).

Not going to play any Hank Jr, since he went off the deep end at some point after the accident on the Mountain, but have a friend living down the street from Alabama who at one point was a Roadie for Hank Jr. (Among many other interesting and colorful activities), whom I have known for 16 years and ended up randomly moving into my small neighborhood in the Factory Town I live in, after having not seen him since 2006 and then first time since in 2018...

He taught me about the history of Baer Bryant and the integration of the U of A Football team, where he lived pumping gas shortly out of HS.

Guilfoyle, you are showing a bit of upper-income snobbery here unless I am mistaken.... Wink

Discuss Alabama with maps....     Smiley
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 08:53:58 PM »

Wh-what???

No, he is going to some emo fest.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=399953.msg7606145
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 10:11:44 PM »

A GUY IN ONE OF THE BANDS WAS ON MY F[INKS]ING FLIGHT HELL YES!

Also both my Lyft driver and hotel receptionist said people have been coming in from all over all day for this.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 10:24:30 PM »

Wh-what???

Where did you get that idea? LOL.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2021, 11:12:20 PM »

My parents said they have never been to Alabama and I know neither of my brothers have. I texted one of them asking if his wife has. She hasn't. I'm the first in my immediate family to visit the state. (He has been to Panama City, Florida though.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2021, 11:47:42 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2021, 11:53:58 PM by I SAY FURNACE, YOU SAY FEST »

I walked to a nearby bar and ordered a single drink for the sole purpose of adding Jefferson County, Alabama to the list of counties I've consumed alcohol in.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2021, 11:55:06 PM »

Also I met a guy from New Orleans. I showed him this clip.

He said it's actually pretty accurate.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 12:36:25 AM »

I walked to a nearby bar and ordered a single drink for the sole purpose of adding Jefferson County, Alabama to the list of counties I've consumed alcohol in.

Tito's are awesome.... the default Vodka I buy for my wife on a weekly basis.

They are pretty Hi-Qual out of Austin from the sacred water of Barton Springs and are really smooth....

If you are not too wasted, might not be a bad idea to hit some of the burbs around Shelby County, and although this is def overall Trump Country, also experienced some of the largest swings towards Biden compared to the 2016 GE numbers.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2021, 01:32:41 AM »

It wasn't Tito's, it was a Smirnoff Vanilla/Sprite mix. I just liked that being in the shot.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2021, 11:46:22 AM »

It's 2021 when you can go to a somewhat Christian music fest in Alabama and see this.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2021, 02:29:32 PM »

EVERGREEN TERRACE F[INKS]ING TORE THE WHOLE F[INKS]ING PLACE APART!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2021, 03:46:42 PM »

The first week I spent at home from the office last spring, I realized on Friday that I had no real work so I decided to log off at lunchtime and get in my car. I drove from my apartment in Sandy Springs out past Rockmart and through Cedartown and over the Alabama state line and into Talladega National Forest. I parked my car at a turnout on Rabbit Town Road and found by the side of the road a little family graveyard from a hundred years ago perched on a ledge. Down below there was a little stream running through the wooded valley, and I spent my afternoon strolling in that valley hearing the sounds of the water and the birds and not hearing the sound of another living soul.

I've been to Alabama plenty of times and enjoyed it every time (I'm looking forward to being back there in two months), but that was the experience I remember best.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2021, 10:31:50 PM »

It's 2021 when you can go to a somewhat Christian music fest in Alabama and see this.

Still this is only CBD bath oil type stuff with not THC in the mix.

Just having an MJ banner on your booth doesn't make it legit and the real deal, where honestly THC based products are strongly effective against a wide array of medical conditions.

Alabama versions of Medical Marijuana are some of the most backwards of any state in the Union, while meanwhile in NE Bama in the outlaw region from Prohibition era, tons of THC MJ is being produced and distributed to support the local demand for Recreational markets as well.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2021, 01:11:11 AM »

Just having an MJ banner on your booth doesn't make it legit and the real deal, where honestly THC based products are strongly effective against a wide array of medical conditions.

Alabama versions of Medical Marijuana are some of the most backwards of any state in the Union, while meanwhile in NE Bama in the outlaw region from Prohibition era, tons of THC MJ is being produced and distributed to support the local demand for Recreational markets as well.

No it's actual THC, just based on Delta-8 instead of Delta-9 and yes it does get you high. It's legal under a federal loophole that most states copied in the farm bill. I've bought and used a bunch in Minnesota. Trust me it's maybe a little bit weaker than D9, but the answer to "does it get you high?" Is a definite YES.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2021, 01:41:44 AM »

No it's actual THC, just based on Delta-8 instead of Delta-9 and yes it does get you high. It's legal under a federal loophole that most states copied in the farm bill. I've bought and used a bunch in Minnesota. Trust me it's maybe a little bit weaker than D9, but the answer to "does it get you high?" Is a definite YES.

Sounds like a bunk argument to me...

I guess theoretically with some recent reforms in Alabama regarding Medical Marijuana it is possible that that this tent could potentially be selling THC outside of a music venue.

Did you sample the product or just posting based upon hearsay?

https://weedmaps.com/learn/laws-and-regulations/alabama
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2021, 06:23:00 AM »

Sounds like a bunk argument to me...

I guess theoretically with some recent reforms in Alabama regarding Medical Marijuana it is possible that that this tent could potentially be selling THC outside of a music venue.

Did you sample the product or just posting based upon hearsay?

https://weedmaps.com/learn/laws-and-regulations/alabama
It has absolutely nothing to do with medical marijuana. This isn't considered marijuana at all legally due to a loophole but but has almost the exact same effects, just a bit milder. As I said in my post, yes I've used the product a lot, (in Minnesota not Alabama but Minnesota doesn't have legal marijuana sales either and actually even stricter medical marijuana standards for that matter) so to answer your question yes I've "sampled" it extensively.

https://www.leafly.com/news/science-tech/what-is-delta8-thc

And: https://www.3chi.com/is-delta-8-thc-legal-in-alabama

Yes it's legal in Alabama.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies