The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:51:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 173211 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: September 09, 2021, 08:50:20 PM »

so just a Tarheel Gent compilation thread?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1351 on: September 09, 2021, 09:08:00 PM »

It sounds like Biden is asking OSHA to do this, so certain details (like remote employees and when it takes effect) might not be known until the OSHA order.  Still, I think this is so far beyond the president's powers.

OSHA’s regulations quite literally have never been enforced outside of the health and safety industries. This is going to crash our economy before it inevitably gets struck down by lawsuits.

Nothing I said there was factually incorrect.

Just too easy, but thank you for posting directly into the thread. Bread. That's what
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1352 on: September 10, 2021, 04:32:44 PM »

We may already be in one (center left consensus). Republicans for the most part (especially establishment) act like they are the controlled opposition junior party. Conservative movement outside of tax cuts has been inept at any real right wing change (versus just obstructing progressives). On the left, true progessives also pressured to go along with moderate economics in exchange for full embracing of woke social politics.

Anyone to the left of Obama or to the right of Romney gets cut down anytime they are a threat to gain power. Trump was the anomaly and was stymied from day 1 once he got in.

Yes, Trump was definitely stymied by a trifecta which let him pass a tax cut, nearly pass a healthcare bill with 17% approval, and by a Senate, which confirmed two Supreme Court justices. Also not even going to touch the second part, other than to say that if it was true, then people like Kevin McCarthy would not be leaders in the GOP.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1353 on: September 12, 2021, 03:22:14 PM »

no the traitors were the radical left-winger abolitionist new englanders

This is one of the worst takes on this forum, ever.

But at least somebody finally admits that the abolitionists were on the left and not right.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #1354 on: September 12, 2021, 04:37:17 PM »

no the traitors were the radical left-winger abolitionist new englanders

This is one of the worst takes on this forum, ever.

But at least somebody finally admits that the abolitionists were on the left and not right.

The religious, evangelical left. Cheesy
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1355 on: September 13, 2021, 07:30:28 PM »

[DeSantis is] also an incredibly high IQ individual, which is obvious after talking to him for around five seconds.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1356 on: September 13, 2021, 07:33:42 PM »

[DeSantis is] also an incredibly high IQ individual, which is obvious after talking to him for around five seconds.

I've actually met the guy, and I (and everyone else I know who has met him) can confirm that he is a fairly high IQ person. You don't graduate from Yale or Harvard while being a dumbass.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #1357 on: September 13, 2021, 07:52:34 PM »

I've actually met the guy, and I (and everyone else I know who has met him) can confirm that he is a fairly high IQ person. You don't graduate from Yale or Harvard while being a dumbass.

Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1358 on: September 13, 2021, 10:09:59 PM »

He was on the baseball team and was captain for Yale in his senior year and also played in the Little League World Series. I know plenty of people who are stupid that have graduated due to athletic ability.

It is entirely possible he is extremely intelligent. But he believes in some truly crazy sh**t which means he is likely doing it for political gain.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #1359 on: September 13, 2021, 11:25:25 PM »

I've actually met the guy, and I (and everyone else I know who has met him) can confirm that he is a fairly high IQ person...

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Ron DeSantis. The intellegence is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of politics most of the positions will go over a typical Atlasian's head. There's also Ron's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The primary voters understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these positions, to realize that they're not just true- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Ron DeSantis truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Ron's existencial catchphrase "Don't Fauci My Florida," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Robert W. Welch Jr.'s genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Ron DeSantis tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

[Skip]
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1360 on: September 14, 2021, 01:11:46 AM »

Well, it wouldn’t be Atlas without some nice liberal seething.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #1361 on: September 14, 2021, 06:12:48 AM »

Well, it wouldn’t be Atlas without some nice liberal seething.

Imagine being this much of a partisan smoothbrain that memes are somehow "liberal seething."

[Skip]
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1362 on: September 14, 2021, 11:47:11 AM »

I thought Republicans like yourself were anti-elite, but clearly, you believe a measure of a man's intelligence is his alma mater. First of all, how is that relevant to specifically meeting DeSantis? You don't need to meet DeSantis to know he's from Yale or Harvard. Second, you don't necessarily need to be intelligent to graduate from there - or do you know absolutely nothing about George W Bush before his political career? (To enlighten you, let me explain - GWB is actually not that intelligent, but graduated from Yale and Harvard because his father was a powerful politician. GWB himself got poor grades and had to use GHWB's prestige to enter the colleges.) And even otherwise, one can enter college because they are skilled at sports (like DeSantis). DeSantis isn't automatically intelligent just because he went to Yale and Harvard. In fact, he isn't intelligent period, which can be seen without meeting him, by just looking at how he's handled COVID19.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1363 on: September 14, 2021, 11:57:55 AM »

I thought Republicans like yourself were anti-elite, but clearly, you believe a measure of a man's intelligence is his alma mater. First of all, how is that relevant to specifically meeting DeSantis? You don't need to meet DeSantis to know he's from Yale or Harvard. Second, you don't necessarily need to be intelligent to graduate from there - or do you know absolutely nothing about George W Bush before his political career? (To enlighten you, let me explain - GWB is actually not that intelligent, but graduated from Yale and Harvard because his father was a powerful politician. GWB himself got poor grades and had to use GHWB's prestige to enter the colleges.) And even otherwise, one can enter college because they are skilled at sports (like DeSantis). DeSantis isn't automatically intelligent just because he went to Yale and Harvard. In fact, he isn't intelligent period, which can be seen without meeting him, by just looking at how he's handled COVID19.

Ask Jay Bhattacharya (a man I actually respect) what he thinks of DeSantis and come back to me.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1364 on: September 14, 2021, 12:02:22 PM »

Ask Jay Bhattacharya (a man I actually respect) what he thinks of DeSantis and come back to me.

Why am I not surprised you "actually respect" a man who, per Wikipedia, "has been a prominent opponent of lockdowns and mandates" and who advocated "letting the virus spread in lower-risk groups"?

If Bhattacharya has a positive opinion of DeSantis, that's not really a good testament to DeSantis's intelligence. (And by the way, this farther proves the point I made earlier - despite having 4 (!!) degrees from Stanford, Bhattacharya is an idiot when it comes to COVID19.)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1365 on: September 14, 2021, 12:04:17 PM »

Why am I not surprised you "actually respect" a man who, per Wikipedia, "has been a prominent opponent of lockdowns and mandates" and who advocated "letting the virus spread in lower-risk groups"?

If Bhattacharya has a positive opinion of DeSantis, that's not really a good testament to DeSantis's intelligence. (And by the way, this farther proves the point I made earlier - despite having 4 (!!) degrees from Stanford, Bhattacharya is an idiot when it comes to COVID19.)

I'm sure Dr. Bhattacharya is really upset about an Atlas user calling him an idiot.

DeSantis and Bhattacharya being called idiots by someone like you actually makes them even more intelligent in my book.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1366 on: September 14, 2021, 12:16:42 PM »

I'm sure Dr. Bhattacharya is really upset about an Atlas user calling him an idiot.

DeSantis and Bhattacharya being called idiots by someone like you actually makes them even more intelligent in my book.

So you don't think there are possibly any faults in the reasoning of a man who favours "letting the virus spread in lower-risk groups"?! I don't care if he's got a dozen degrees from Ivy League colleges, there's something clearly very wrong with this man - and with you, too,  if you agree with him on "letting the virus spread in lower-risk groups." Because I noticed you didn't really address that, but instead focused on my calling him an "idiot" (he's quite evidently an idiot if you read the first paragraph of my previous post).
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #1367 on: September 14, 2021, 03:15:14 PM »

Lol, maybe you should have checked your very own signature before posting this, mate.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1368 on: September 14, 2021, 06:34:27 PM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=463208.0 this entire thread
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1369 on: September 16, 2021, 05:56:44 PM »

Nope and thank god to Susan Collins and Rick Scott for winning their races as they are the ones preventing it from happening

You guys better do well in 2022.  If Dems gain senate seats this disgraceful power grab from the party of the 46% is going to come to a very unfortunate end no matter how much Lindsey Graham hisses and scowls. 

It’s not like you guys will have control of the house after the  2022 midterms so it doesn’t matter if you make gains in the senate or not

Why is that relevant?  The senate confirms justices not the house?Huh?  I'd be more than happy if Dems lost 20 seats in the house and gained 2 in the senate.  Which is an unlikely scenario but certainly possible given the senate seats at play.

You have to pass a law to expand the court

I don't see it that way just because Congress has passed laws in the past related to its size.  The Constitution is completely silent on the size of the Court or who has the authority to limit its size.  Biden should just nominate Judges and it should pass the Senate.  If Republicans want to take the issue to the Courts then Biden's new Justices can rule on that.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1370 on: September 16, 2021, 08:09:12 PM »

Half the problem is the use the term "high IQ".
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1371 on: September 16, 2021, 08:27:23 PM »

Nope and thank god to Susan Collins and Rick Scott for winning their races as they are the ones preventing it from happening

You guys better do well in 2022.  If Dems gain senate seats this disgraceful power grab from the party of the 46% is going to come to a very unfortunate end no matter how much Lindsey Graham hisses and scowls. 

It’s not like you guys will have control of the house after the  2022 midterms so it doesn’t matter if you make gains in the senate or not

Why is that relevant?  The senate confirms justices not the house?Huh?  I'd be more than happy if Dems lost 20 seats in the house and gained 2 in the senate.  Which is an unlikely scenario but certainly possible given the senate seats at play.

You have to pass a law to expand the court

I don't see it that way just because Congress has passed laws in the past related to its size.  The Constitution is completely silent on the size of the Court or who has the authority to limit its size.  Biden should just nominate Judges and it should pass the Senate.  If Republicans want to take the issue to the Courts then Biden's new Justices can rule on that.

You're right, that was absurd and incorrect as a matter of law.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1372 on: September 17, 2021, 08:41:18 PM »

Yes--- why aren't we talking about this more?Huh?

What kind of tweet is this?  Do we think suicide bombers all have "suicide bomber" as their occupation?  Oh, he was a "student", so I'm supposed to care?  Most people under the age of 22 are students.  And that's who gets targeted for these kinds of operations, because they're young and malleable and it's easy to talk them into doing stupid things like blowing themselves up for Allah.

Sorry we couldn't get these 5 guys away from their children.  They certainly didn't bother to wait until the 13 U.S. troops they were targeting were away from the 169 Afghan civilians they also killed with their suicide bombing.

LINK:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=461200.msg8227678#msg8227678

We also have quite a few folks who recommended the absurd / ignorant post:

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1373 on: September 18, 2021, 05:13:53 PM »

Let it happen.

Neither Roe nor Obergefell had popular support at the time those decisions went down.  Perhaps that's not true today.  Perhaps state legislatures will pass into law what these decisions have wrought to date.  Both of those decisions have one thing in common; they created "rights" out of Constitutional Whole Cloth.  They are examples of why Americans on both sides of the Spectrum view the SCOTUS as no less "political" than Congress, and certainly not "the least dangerous Branch".
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1374 on: September 18, 2021, 07:22:59 PM »

There will come a day in our lifetimes where one political party manages to overturn a free and fair election that they lost.

This treachery was made possible by Trump and the Republicans.

This has already happened.

Definitely:  1876, where Hayes beats Tilden.

Likely:  1960 where JFK beats Nixon due to results from Chicago and select Texas counties.

The election of 2020 was not "fair" by any standard.  It's not a fair election when certain states and localities choose to conduct their elections in manners not prescribed by law (or, in PA's case, by the State Constitution).  And it's not a fair election when Courts find technical reasons to dismiss lawsuits that ought to be heard in full on the merits, given what's at stake.

We won't even talk about things such as media blackouts on stories unfavorable to Biden that would have been front page if they were against Trump (e. g. Hunter Biden).  That's a whole other issue of "fairness".

The first election I ever worked on, from beginning to end, was a stolen election.  A 200 something lead disappeared after the candidate ticked off the party leader.  This was 1974.  I know it was done.  (I had far more inside information then than I do now.)  I know how it was done.  I've seen courts allow fraudulent signatures to allow minor candidates on the opposition party payroll to remain there to siphon away votes.  I've seen a majority of committee members who were elected in primaries be undermined by strongarm resignations of two of the winning candidates.  So stop your histrionics.  The American public can deal with with the fact that voter fraud DOES exist and can come up with solutions to the problem.  That they can deal with that more rationally than you can do with the idea that Trump might, indeed, have been robbed and could, indeed, have been re-elected says far more about you than about anyone else.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies