The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 02:42:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 175481 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: September 06, 2020, 09:07:45 AM »

At long last, the highly-coveted thread that officially marked the beginning of Atlas Fantasy Elections!

Fun fact: The R-SD guy in that thread is currently the Attorney General of South Dakota!
At first I didn't believe you so I looked it up and yeah, that's definitely him. No idea who else "jravnsbo" could be. Shame he isn't here now, I always like actual politicians on Atlas.

So, are there any posts of his that we could leak to take him down in a future South Dakota election?

That's a perfectly defensible post, given 90% of the posters here at any one point should not be running for elected office.

Badger ran for office, Sanchez would have run for office hadn't Trump been President, Moun was a State Rep, Torie ran for office.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #251 on: September 06, 2020, 09:11:19 AM »

At long last, the highly-coveted thread that officially marked the beginning of Atlas Fantasy Elections!

Fun fact: The R-SD guy in that thread is currently the Attorney General of South Dakota!
At first I didn't believe you so I looked it up and yeah, that's definitely him. No idea who else "jravnsbo" could be. Shame he isn't here now, I always like actual politicians on Atlas.

So, are there any posts of his that we could leak to take him down in a future South Dakota election?

That's a perfectly defensible post, given 90% of the posters here at any one point should not be running for elected office.

Badger ran for office, Sanchez would have run for office hadn't Trump been President, Moun was a State Rep, Torie ran for office.
Wait wait wait what office would I run for?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #252 on: September 06, 2020, 09:15:17 AM »

From what I remember, you wanted to run for office to further Buchanan-Pauliteism before Trump had done so.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #253 on: September 06, 2020, 09:15:47 AM »

Nathan was also a town councilor for a short time and Potus recently defeated an incumbent Republican in a WV statehouse primary.

Mike Assad ran against Frank LoBiondo in the NJ-02 GOP primary in 2014 and lost.

And then there's, of course, Darryl Perry, who ran in the 2016 Libertarian presidential convention (years after announcing his intention to on this forum, no less!) and is currently that party's nominee for NH-Gov.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #254 on: September 06, 2020, 09:39:02 AM »

From what I remember, you wanted to run for office to further Buchanan-Pauliteism before Trump had done so.
Nope, I’m far to introverted and awkward to run for anything. I wanted to be a party operative with the intent of building a coalition similar to Trump’s movement, but Trump’s election ensured that such a goal was accomplished. I currently manage an entire block of industrial real estate my dad owns, which can support me and both my brothers for our entire lives assuming we manage it properly.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #255 on: September 06, 2020, 10:34:01 AM »

Nope, I’m far to introverted and awkward to run for anything. I wanted to be a party operative with the intent of building a coalition similar to Trump’s movement, but Trump’s election ensured that such a goal was accomplished. I currently manage an entire block of industrial real estate my dad owns, which can support me and both my brothers for our entire lives assuming we manage it properly.

I misread that as "an entire block of industrial waste."  pretty impressive to be able to live off of that.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #256 on: September 06, 2020, 11:22:22 AM »

I misread that as "an entire block of industrial waste."  pretty impressive to be able to live off of that.
I know a guy who literally has exactly that Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #257 on: September 06, 2020, 01:11:48 PM »

Even CNN, which is biased as can be, aired a segment about Trump where they were pointing out that in private he was "kind".  (IIRC, it's from a show in 2016:  "Donald Trump:  All Business".

So is Hillary by all accounts but that didn't stop you from accusing her of running an underground child sex ring from a pizza parlor.

Quote where I did that, or admit you're lying.

It's that simple.  Put up or admit you're lying. 

I'm talking about your party. As hard as it might be to imagine, not everything is about you personally.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #258 on: September 06, 2020, 03:40:54 PM »

Nathan was also a town councilor for a short time and Potus recently defeated an incumbent Republican in a WV statehouse primary.

Mike Assad ran against Frank LoBiondo in the NJ-02 GOP primary in 2014 and lost.

And then there's, of course, Darryl Perry, who ran in the 2016 Libertarian presidential convention (years after announcing his intention to on this forum, no less!) and is currently that party's nominee for NH-Gov.

You're forgetting one (if this counts):

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=72218.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=211223.0
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #259 on: September 06, 2020, 04:06:52 PM »

POTUS won? I haven't heard that! Congrats bro!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #260 on: September 07, 2020, 02:04:39 AM »

No because it's obviously a false story by someone who's very bitter and badly wants Trump gone. This is the same crap they did with Warren and CNN coordinated smear against Sanders. Anonymous sources, no credibility - journalism is a joke in 2020.
Do you believe everything you read?

Is that your excuse for believing nothing you read?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #261 on: September 07, 2020, 02:07:38 AM »

I did? I wrote myself in as Inspector of Elections for my ward when I was 19 and won because I was the only vote, but....

Huh
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #262 on: September 07, 2020, 05:05:03 AM »

I did? I wrote myself in as Inspector of Elections for my ward when I was 19 and won because I was the only vote, but....

Huh

Weren't you an elected judge at one point? (And therefore registered R since you live in some R+99 county?)
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #263 on: September 07, 2020, 10:53:18 AM »

Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #264 on: September 07, 2020, 09:14:20 PM »

Here we are. As the rest of the world's nations flatten their curves, deals with their outbreaks, and slowly resumes something resembling normal life, the USA is the major outlier.

We have people refusing to wear masks or socially distance, and insisting that schools reopen. We have far, far more cases and deaths every day than other developed countries. And we have a health care system in which many people are afraid to seek testing or treatment due to cost.

Last and most, we have a President who seeks to rush a broken vaccine through in order to get re-elected, which will reduce public trust in a working vaccine once it does come out. And if re-elected, said President will continue to not do anything about COVID.

The effects this has had on the nation's standing, both domestically and internationally, are heartbreaking. The USA is set for another spike soon due to social distancing fraying, flu season isn't far away, and hospitals will be overburdened and have to cancel all non-COVID treatment due to overflowing with patients choking on or drowning in their own bodily fluids as a result of COVID.

Abroad, the US has become a further pariah. As other countries close their borders to Americans, including strong allies like Canada, while opening up to other nations that have dealt with their outbreaks successfully, Americans are seen as disease vectors. If World War II is what began Pax Americana, COVID is what ended it. I don't like that other countries aren't allowing us in, but I support their decision all the same, because we're diseased.

This all saddens me, because I love to travel and won't get to do so during the best years of my life. That said, I agree with their decision even if I'm not happy about it, for the reasons stated above.

If this pandemic ever ends and is relegated to the history books, future generations will learn of COVID-19 as the catalyst for the fall of the United States. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
what a bunch of nonsense
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #265 on: September 07, 2020, 09:15:02 PM »

Huh

Weren't you an elected judge at one point? (And therefore registered R since you live in some R+99 county?)

No. I registered R because I seriously toyed with the idea of running for judge in a Republican County.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #266 on: September 07, 2020, 10:06:28 PM »

Here we are. As the rest of the world's nations flatten their curves, deals with their outbreaks, and slowly resumes something resembling normal life, the USA is the major outlier.

We have people refusing to wear masks or socially distance, and insisting that schools reopen. We have far, far more cases and deaths every day than other developed countries. And we have a health care system in which many people are afraid to seek testing or treatment due to cost.

Last and most, we have a President who seeks to rush a broken vaccine through in order to get re-elected, which will reduce public trust in a working vaccine once it does come out. And if re-elected, said President will continue to not do anything about COVID.

The effects this has had on the nation's standing, both domestically and internationally, are heartbreaking. The USA is set for another spike soon due to social distancing fraying, flu season isn't far away, and hospitals will be overburdened and have to cancel all non-COVID treatment due to overflowing with patients choking on or drowning in their own bodily fluids as a result of COVID.

Abroad, the US has become a further pariah. As other countries close their borders to Americans, including strong allies like Canada, while opening up to other nations that have dealt with their outbreaks successfully, Americans are seen as disease vectors. If World War II is what began Pax Americana, COVID is what ended it. I don't like that other countries aren't allowing us in, but I support their decision all the same, because we're diseased.

This all saddens me, because I love to travel and won't get to do so during the best years of my life. That said, I agree with their decision even if I'm not happy about it, for the reasons stated above.

If this pandemic ever ends and is relegated to the history books, future generations will learn of COVID-19 as the catalyst for the fall of the United States. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
what a bunch of nonsense

How?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #267 on: September 08, 2020, 07:46:01 AM »

Huh

No. I registered R because I seriously toyed with the idea of running for judge in a Republican County.
If you had, would you have had a chance of winning?
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #268 on: September 08, 2020, 10:47:46 AM »

“Listen to the Scientists” has to be the most naive belief. Conventional Scientists once thought the earth was flat. It took brave men to stand up and prove otherwise.

Believe the Social Scientists. Listen to the Political Scientists. Dr. Fauci has been consistently wrong - he has zero credibility.

Probably thinks no one thought the world was round until Christopher Columbus.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #269 on: September 08, 2020, 11:05:28 AM »

“Listen to the Scientists” has to be the most naive belief. Conventional Scientists once thought the earth was flat. It took brave men to stand up and prove otherwise.

Believe the Social Scientists. Listen to the Political Scientists. Dr. Fauci has been consistently wrong - he has zero credibility.

Spreading complete misinformation should be against the rules here. People spouting nonsense like Donald Trump's Toupee should not have equal access to posting.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #270 on: September 08, 2020, 11:47:13 AM »

Spreading complete misinformation should be against the rules here. People spouting nonsense like Donald Trump's Toupee should not have equal access to posting.
Who made you the arbitrator of what is and what isn't "misinformation." If you don't like the forum, you're free to join Alternate History.com or some other forum.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #271 on: September 08, 2020, 11:50:25 AM »

Who made you the arbitrator of what is and what isn't "misinformation." If you don't like the forum, you're free to join Alternate History.com or some other forum.

Come on, man, what he said was objectively false and ridiculous. Difference of opinion is one thing but saying "don't trust the scientists because they have no credibility" is not only wrong, it's dangerously wrong.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2020, 11:56:32 AM »

Come on, man, what he said was objectively false and ridiculous. Difference of opinion is one thing but saying "don't trust the scientists because they have no credibility" is not only wrong, it's dangerously wrong.

That is not what he said. He said "listen to the scientists" is a dangerous mentality and that Fauci lacks credibility, both of which are true to an extent. His post is bad, but you are misrepresenting what he said.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #273 on: September 08, 2020, 12:03:37 PM »

You're taking this forum too seriously dude.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #274 on: September 08, 2020, 12:26:43 PM »

You're taking this forum too seriously dude.

Perhaps, but I'm going to call out lies if I see them.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies