Office of Senator Scott, President pro tempore
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:37:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Scott, President pro tempore
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Office of Senator Scott, President pro tempore  (Read 5641 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 06, 2020, 05:19:22 PM »
« edited: September 18, 2021, 11:30:08 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

Welcome to my office.  I'm taking a page from Yankee's book and will be using this thread to take any questions or comments, and I will also have a record of bills/amendments introduced as well as my voting record and floor statements.

Also following the good Senate PPT's tradition, there will be an office warming party at 8 PM.  Western cuisine such as wraps, burritos, tacos, and sushi will be served along with avocado.  Hipsters, get your guac on!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 05:20:16 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2020, 11:03:16 PM by Senator Scott🦋 »

Important Links
Senate Campaign Office

23rd Senate

Bills/Resolutions Introduced
Bad Credit Relief Act of 2020
Coronavirus Containment and Emergency Response Act
COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Act
Off The Hook Act
Resolution condemning the appointment of China to the United Nations Human Rights Council
Amendment to Article 11 of the New Senate Rules Resolution

Amendments Introduced
Amendment to the Sticking it to the Man Act
Amendment to the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban
Amendment to the Coronavirus Containment and Emergency Response Act
Amendment to the COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Act
Amendment to the Permanent Punishment Abolition Act
Amendment to the Single Use Glass and Plastic Discouraging Act

Votes
PPT Election: North Carolina Yankee
Vote on Final Passage the Jones Exceptions Act: Aye
Vote on Resolution for the Atlasian Congress to put more effort into fighting climate change: Aye
Vote on Labor Rights Amendment: Aye
Confirmation of Clyde for Comptroller General: Aye
Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban: Nay
More Fairness to Workers Act: Aye
Global Advocacy and Voice Protection Act: Aye
Domestic Security Act: Aye
ANTIFA Act: Aye
Emergency Economic Stimulus Act of 2020: Aye
More Money for Hurting Small Businesses Act: Aye
Kansas-Nebraska go together Amendment: Nay
Permanent Punishment Abolition Act: Aye
Off The Hook Act: Aye
Video Games Ratings Restructuring Act: Aye
Confirmation of Lumine for Game Moderator: Aye
Presidential Succession Act of 2020: Aye
Amendment 23:20 to the Coin Composition Revision Act: Nay
Amendment S24:10 to the Immigration Reform Act of 2020: Nay

Statements on the Floor
Statement on the Global Advocacy and Voice Protection Act and Mexico City policy
Statement on the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban
Statement on the Coronavirus Containment and Emergency Response Act
Statement on the Kansas-Nebraska Go Together Amendment
Statement on the COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Act
Statement on the Off The Hook Act
Statement on the No ads for Prescription Drugs Act
Rebuke of the PRC being admitted to the UN Human Rights Council
Questions to GM nominee Lumine
Question to Lumine about role of real-life events in game

Non-Floor Speeches and Public Statements
Statement on the coronavirus pandemic
Statement on exit from Labor Party
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 02:14:12 AM »

This should be mandatory by the way, but if we did that, half of the Senate and house would be perpetually vacant.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 10:36:32 PM »

Press Release - Statement from the Office of Frémont Senator Scott

Tonight I have introduced legislation to appropriate funds to select agencies for the containment and development of necessary medical countermeasures and vaccines to respond to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, both nationally and internationally.  I have also submitted an inquiry as to the President's discretionary power to limit travel to and from the Republic of Atlasia.

It is essential that our government be fully prepared and equipped to address the international crisis we are currently facing.  I urge my constituents to make health-conscious decisions in the coming months, to refrain from working or attending classes at the sign of illness, and to seek medical attention if necessary.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 04:49:23 PM »

Press Release - Statement on exit from Labor Party

After much consideration, I have made the decision to leave the Labor Party and register unaffiliated.  While it had not been my desire to leave the party over disagreements on a single issue, it has become clear to me that the party I had been affiliated with has embraced the sort of politics that I've long been opposed to throughout my time in the game.  Whether that be strict gun control measures or draconian regulations on tobacco, I cannot continue to affiliate with a party whose goals have become increasingly authoritarian on matters of what people do in their private lives.

After voting against the assault weapons ban, I was privately chastised by a prominent Labor member (who shall remain nameless) for publicly criticizing members of the party who refused to address objections to the measure or accept any type of compromise, despite me and two other senators working tirelessly to forge a consensus in the chamber.

While I wish to continue to have a positive relationship with members of the Labor Party, I refuse to be a member of any organization that seeks to silent dissent either publicly or privately.  I will continue to work with members of the House and Senate on common objectives to make our nation a fairer and more equitable place.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 06:24:41 PM »

Well, I am sad to see you (and PSOL I guess) leave the party over a relatively small disagreement Sad

I already asked you in private and you answered but I will repeat my question again; why not leave for Peace?

It was your former party and there is a strong culture of cooperation between Labor and Peace; not to mention the fact that several officeholders are there (Leinad, Razze, Peebs for example).

Hell, why not even HCP's Law and Justice party, even if it is a meme?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 06:44:50 PM »

Well, I am sad to see you (and PSOL I guess) leave the party over a relatively small disagreement Sad

I already asked you in private and you answered but I will repeat my question again; why not leave for Peace?

It was your former party and there is a strong culture of cooperation between Labor and Peace; not to mention the fact that several officeholders are there (Leinad, Razze, Peebs for example).

Hell, why not even HCP's Law and Justice party, even if it is a meme?

Well, I hate saying this about my old party which I loved so much, but being in Peace isn't very different from being unaffiliated at this point.  It was formed at the start of the Second Korean War and has more or less served its purpose, IMO.  Now it really has no organization.

Also, I don't do meme parties. Tongue

But, my main reason for leaving Labor isn't so much the gun issue or the tobacco issue.  I mean, YE is in Labor despite being outspokenly pro-life and Jimmy disagrees with the left on a whole host of issues.  What I don't very much appreciate is being told what I am and not allowed to say publicly versus privately, whether it's criticizing the party or its members or whatever else.  If that's how a party wishes to operate, that's fine.  But in a liberal democracy, parties that take that attitude tend not to do very well.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 06:47:21 PM »

But you said you might leave Labor before the PM was sent?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 07:03:27 PM »

But you said you might leave Labor before the PM was sent?

I was considering it.  The PM was the last straw for me.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 08:09:06 PM »

Senator Scott, would you say in your opinion that even though the Labor Party is claimed to be a big tent, a core group of runners have the ability to push or pull their agendas without consulting the rest of the party?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 08:22:29 PM »

Senator Scott, would you say in your opinion that even though the Labor Party is claimed to be a big tent, a core group of runners have the ability to push or pull their agendas without consulting the rest of the party?

I would say there's less room for dissent in Labor than there is for, say, the Feds.  Or at least there's more defections from the Fed platform than in Labor.  That's why the ACP started, after all.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 01:48:36 AM »

Btw,
I would appreciate my PMs not to be publicly posted on discord. From a "libertarian", this is quite an infringement of the right of privacy to do that.

I don't understand the controversy seriously. Laborites should never attack publicly each others like you did. This is not some calls of autoritarianism, but a call of decency. If you're willing to trash your party, to leak personal convos to win a political argument it means you made the right call to leave.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2020, 02:11:51 AM »

Btw,
I would appreciate my PMs not to be publicly posted on discord. From a "libertarian", this is quite an infringement of the right of privacy to do that.

I don't understand the controversy seriously. Laborites should never attack publicly each others like you did. This is not some calls of autoritarianism, but a call of decency. If you're willing to trash your party, to leak personal convos to win a political argument it means you made the right call to leave.

And I made it a point of keeping your name anonymous.  So much for that now I guess.

When I registered with Labor, I never swore an oath not to ever criticize members of my own party or voice disagreements publicly.  If you have a problem with that, that's on you.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2020, 02:19:41 AM »

Btw,

And I made it a point of keeping your name anonymous.  So much for that now I guess.

When I registered with Labor, I never swore an oath not to ever criticize members of my own party or voice disagreements publicly.  If you have a problem with that, that's on you.

This is really ridiculous:
This is what you posted:

Their response:
Seriously, I'm not going to let anyone make explode the party that Griffin and I built for some petty nonsenses. And trashing the party like you are doing is going to make that happen.

So again, I will kindly ask you to make your concerns in private. Labor must show unity (by not attacking other party members) or it will deteriorate.

There is nothing anonymous in it. Anyone who has played this game for more than 5 minutes clearly identifies me. You are being very obnoxious.

Seriously, I'm not going to let you to portray me as the autoritarian I am usually but not in this case. The main problem isn't me trying to silence you, the problem is you not being able to accept people can hold different views than you without being an imbecile who doesn't understand anything about guns.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2020, 02:26:20 AM »

Btw,

This is what you posted:

Their response:
Seriously, I'm not going to let anyone make explode the party that Griffin and I built for some petty nonsenses. And trashing the party like you are doing is going to make that happen.

So again, I will kindly ask you to make your concerns in private. Labor must show unity (by not attacking other party members) or it will deteriorate.

There is nothing anonymous in it. Anyone who has played this game for more than 5 minutes clearly identifies me. You are being very obnoxious.

Dude.  I left your name out of it.  When people asked me who it was, I would not tell them.  But obviously it doesn't matter considering you've done a perfectly fine job making this a much bigger deal than it had to be.

Seriously, I'm not going to let you to portray me as the autoritarian I am usually but not in this case. The main problem isn't me trying to silence you, the problem is you not being able to accept people can hold different views than you without being an imbecile who doesn't understand anything about guns.

And yet Labor never answered any of the objections that were raised against the bill.  That's on you guys.

Do stop embarrassing yourself like this, windjammer.  Personal fights about Atlasia are kinda retarded.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 02:32:29 AM »

Btw,

This is what you posted:

Their response:

Dude.  I left your name out of it.  When people asked me who it was, I would not tell them.  But obviously it doesn't matter considering you've done a perfectly fine job making this a much bigger deal than it had to be.

And yet Labor never answered any of the objections that were raised against the bill.  That's on you guys.

Do stop embarrassing yourself like this, windjammer.  Personal fights about Atlasia are kinda retarded.
You left my name out of it but still everyone still knows it's me. There is no respect for my privacy at all. I had the decency to contact you in private about it and not wage a war publicly about your recent behavior.

You're trying to slander me to portray me as an oppressor that I am not. It is you who is making such a big deal for something that shouldn't. Many people are holding pro gun control views in the party, they are not some imbecile who don't understand anything about policies. Your failure to understand it is what made you leave.

This is kinda retarded but this is you who started it by attacking me both on discord and on this forum.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 02:43:25 AM »

Btw,

This is what you posted:

Their response:

You left my name out of it but still everyone still knows it's me. There is no respect for my privacy at all. I had the decency to contact you in private about it and not wage a war publicly about your recent behavior.

You're trying to slander me to portray me as an oppressor that I am not. It is you who is making such a big deal for something that shouldn't. Many people are holding pro gun control views in the party, they are not some imbecile who don't understand anything about policies. Your failure to understand it is what made you leave.

This is kinda retarded but this is you who started it by attacking me both on discord and on this forum.

We'll have to agree to disagree about which side better understands gun issues, but regardless, I never attacked you in any way.  You hold a very prominent position in the Labor Party but you do not get to decide what its members can or cannot say publicly and privately.  If I wanted to attack you personally, I would have mentioned you by name.  I didn't.

Stop acting like a victim and move on already.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 02:55:54 AM »

Btw,

This is what you posted:

Their response:

We'll have to agree to disagree about which side better understands gun issues, but regardless, I never attacked you in any way.  You hold a very prominent position in the Labor Party but you do not get to decide what its members can or cannot say publicly and privately.  If I wanted to attack you personally, I would have mentioned you by name.  I didn't.

It's not a question of me getting to decide what has to be said in public or not. No Laborites must attack each others like you did. The constitution protects you from saying this kind of things indeed, but it is protecting my right to call you out on your behavior as well. Labor party is a big family and conflicts between members must be settled in private. I fail to see how it is autoritarian.

Your main goal was to portray yourself as some victim of autoritarian vendetta. Whether or not you mentioned doesn't matter, you literally leaked my private convos when people can clearly identify me.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 03:08:58 AM »

Btw,

This is what you posted:

Their response:

It's not a question of me getting to decide what has to be said in public or not. No Laborites must attack each others like you did. The constitution protects you from saying this kind of things indeed, but it is protecting my right to call you out on your behavior as well. Labor party is a big family and conflicts between members must be settled in private. I fail to see how it is autoritarian.

Your main goal was to portray yourself as some victim of autoritarian vendetta. Whether or not you mentioned doesn't matter, you literally leaked my private convos when people can clearly identify me.

No, Labor is not a family.  It's a fake political party for a fake country that does fake elections on a message board that was made for posting maps.  That's literally all it is.

I am under no obligation to censor myself here for any reason that doesn't violate the TOS.

I'm done going around in circles with you, man.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 03:12:21 AM »

Btw,

This is what you posted:

Their response:

No, Labor is not a family.  It's a fake political party for a fake country that does fake elections on a message board that was made for posting maps.  That's literally all it is.

I am under no obligation to censor myself here for any reason that doesn't violate the TOS.

I'm done going around in circles with you, man.
Well, it is a family but I'm not going to debate about it because this is stupid.

You are under no obligation to censor yourself but what you did was wrong. Legal indeed, but legal and wrong.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2020, 05:57:13 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2020, 11:03:28 PM by Senator Scott🦋 »

24th Senate

Federal Caseload Relief Act

Amendments Introduced
Amendment to the Immigration Reform Act of 2020
Amendment to the Immigration Reform Act of 2020
Amendment to the Extending Quarantines for New Arrivals Act

Votes
PPT Election: North Carolina Yankee
Resolution condemning the appointment of China to the United Nations Human Rights Council: Aye
Amendment S24:01 to the Coin Composition Revision Act: Aye
Vote to table Senate Rules Amendment: Aye
Federal Caseload Relief Act: Aye
Amendment S24:10 to Immigration Reform Act of 2020: Nay
Coin Composition Revision Act: Aye
Requiring Child Safety Alert Systems Act: Aye
Motion to table the Common Chargers Act: Aye
Single Use Glass and Plastic Discouraging Act: Nay
Amendment S24:21 to the Repeal of the Federal Assault Weapon Ban Act: Nay
Repeal of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban Act: Aye
Amendment to The Repeal of Taft-Harley Act: Nay
End of Public Affirmative Action in Atlasia Act: Nay
Extending Quarantines for New Arrivals Act: Aye
Requiring Child Safety Alert Systems Act: Aye
Amendment to the Protect and Expand Social Security Act: Aye
Permanent Punishment Reform Act: Aye
Atlas Fantasy Government Board Description Act: Aye

Statements on the Floor
Statement on the Federal Caseload Relief Act
Statement on the Immigration Reform Act of 2020
Statement on Requiring Child Safety Alert Systems Act
Statement on the Requiring Child Safety Alert Systems Act
Statement on the Support Our Steelworkers Act of 2020
Statement on Extending Quarantines for New Arrivals Act
Statement on the Appalachian Region Development Act

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2020, 06:17:14 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2020, 09:21:01 PM by Senator Scott🔔 »

Great to be back in Nyman!

27th Senate

National Silver Alert Act
Resolution supporting global religious freedom
Access to Credit for Small Businesses Act
Housing Reform Act for Needy Atlasians
COVID-19 Family and Essential Worker Security Act

Amendments Introduced
Amendment to the Arsenal of Democracy Act
Amendment to the National Silver Alert Act
Amendment to the Arsenal of Democracy Act
Amendment to Housing Reform Act for Needy Atlasians

Votes
Protecting Our Beautiful Artic (POBA): Aye
J.K. Sestak Congressional Reform Resolution: Aye
CraneHusband for Comptroller General: Aye
Arsenal of Democracy Act: Aye
Let Them Do Their Job Act: Aye

Statements on the Floor
Advocacy for the National Silver Alert Act
Floor statement on spreading democracy abroad
Advocacy for Access to Credit for Small Businesses Act
Advocacy for Resolution supporting global religious freedom

Announcement of presidential exploratory committee
February 2020 Vice Presidential Acceptance Speech
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2020, 12:12:52 AM »

A hearty THANK YOU to the people of Frémont for giving me my first unanimous electoral victory post-reset!

While it is not yet clear who's won every House seat or which party will control the chamber, I want to congratulate everyone who will be joining us in the next session. Let's strive for an active Congress that is held accountable to the people who elected us, and work together to solve the problems of working men and women throughout the nation. Let's guarantee housing as a right, beat this virus, and protect and expand our safety net for the benefit of all who've fallen in hard times.

On my part, I will never take my position for granted no matter what the electoral margins, and I will continue to be an ally, and a fighter, for the downtrodden, and for the forgotten men and women of this great country.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2020, 12:57:12 AM »

Statement on Events in Kansas
December 31st, 2020

I am very pleased that the terror uprising in Kansas has been suppressed, and that Governor Benson is safe with his family.

Regardless of where one another stood in the Kansas debate, we all agree that domestic terrorism is never acceptable in a civil democracy. Those involved in this plot must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2021, 05:15:45 PM »

Partial LOA. I'll try to make votes when they come up, but I don't have it in me to participate in debates much at this time.

The reason for this is I've finally hit the grieving stage of my recent loss and it's making me very ill, mentally as well as physically. I haven't been eating and I've been losing weight as a result. The loneliness is really starting to take its toll on me. I have no real desire to live at this point but I can't let me last act on this earth be one of hypocrisy, especially since most attempts fail and could leave me permanently disabled.

I have no way out of here. Lately all I really want to do is sleep.

I'll continue to stay in the Senate and as Ted's veep, but I need to slow things down.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies