COVID-19 Mega thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 07:32:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Mega thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 72
Poll
Question: What will Coronavirus be best remembered for?
The people who got sick and died

The economy crashing

The shutdown of social life

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 171

Author Topic: COVID-19 Mega thread  (Read 132018 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: March 11, 2020, 09:07:33 PM »

This has me so saddened as watching the NBA is by far my favorite thing to watch on TV
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1426 on: March 11, 2020, 09:09:38 PM »

This has me so saddened as watching the NBA is by far my favorite thing to watch on TV

Now you can watch only March Madness.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1427 on: March 11, 2020, 09:10:26 PM »

Well watching lower quality basketball is better than watching no basketball but they probably will resume the season at some point .

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #1428 on: March 11, 2020, 09:10:33 PM »

Looks like it's Rudy Gobert. Wonder how he got it Huh
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1429 on: March 11, 2020, 09:12:41 PM »

And only watch, not go the games.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1430 on: March 11, 2020, 09:40:49 PM »

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1431 on: March 11, 2020, 09:46:55 PM »

This is the saddest day of my life.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1432 on: March 11, 2020, 09:49:36 PM »

Unfortunately, I'd be stunned if March Madness happens, even behind closed doors.  It was something that I was looking forward to in a really tough time.  But, no one said pandemics would be easy.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1433 on: March 11, 2020, 09:55:23 PM »

Just got a text from my cousin over in India expressing concern about what's happening here in the States.

Never thought he would be the first one texting me out of concern during an outbreak.  

And just dipping into personal mode: please take care of yourselves, y'all. 
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #1434 on: March 11, 2020, 10:03:13 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1435 on: March 11, 2020, 10:16:04 PM »

kek

I don't know if that's meta or irony. Feels like both, although I always use those terms wrong.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1436 on: March 11, 2020, 10:22:30 PM »

This should peak sometime later this month, and we can hopefully slowly reintegrate into society in April.

You have a source/link for that ?

It’s my reasonable guess based on China and South Korea’s numbers.

You an epidemiologist then?

It honestly did not appear to me to be presented as anything other than a lay man's opinion.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #1437 on: March 11, 2020, 10:29:27 PM »

Why hasn’t anyone on here sounded the “oh fook Trump is going to subvert the election because of this” alarm yet? I know it’s coming....
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1438 on: March 11, 2020, 10:35:33 PM »

Why hasn’t anyone on here sounded the “oh fook Trump is going to subvert the election because of this” alarm yet? I know it’s coming....

That's happened many times hair.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1439 on: March 11, 2020, 10:48:37 PM »

Quick update from Tom Hanks' son:
https://twitter.com/Complex/status/1237937081214799872

Reportedly they're both alright, and just taking precautions for now.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1440 on: March 11, 2020, 10:50:01 PM »

Paging PQG:

Hail! Pennsylvania!
Noble and strong;
To thee with loyal hearts,
We raise our song.

Also, way to go PENN.  I found out about this from a former Republican on a political forum and haven't even received anything in my email. 

My brother had to return hurriedly from his spring break trip and is returning home. Dorms are closed.

Quick update from Tom Hanks' son:
https://twitter.com/Complex/status/1237937081214799872

Reportedly they're both alright, and just taking precautions for now.

Yes, but why did he have to (un)dress like that?
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1441 on: March 11, 2020, 10:52:02 PM »

Just a question here-

The death rate for people under 50 for this is under 1% and really only gets serious for people over 70.  So why isn't the solution here just to tell seniors or people with asthma or heart problems to stay home and get other people to deliver the their groceries and stuff for their own protection? As opposed to telling everyone to do that and pretty much shutting civilization down and crashing the world economy. If you're a young and healthy person the real risk of getting it would be to potentially transmit it to an old person or someone with respiratory issues who it could kill.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #1442 on: March 11, 2020, 10:53:43 PM »

Just a question here-

The death rate for people under 50 for this is under 1% and really only gets serious for people over 70.  So why isn't the solution here just to tell seniors or people with asthma or heart problems to stay home and get other people to deliver the their groceries and stuff for their own protection? As opposed to telling everyone to do that and pretty much shutting civilization down and crashing the world economy. If you're a young and healthy person the real risk of getting it would be to potentially transmit it to an old person or someone with respiratory issues who it could kill.

Because people don’t think when they are panicking.

Response vs. Reaction.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #1443 on: March 11, 2020, 10:59:28 PM »

Just a question here-

Because the hospitalization rate is far higher than 1% among even younger people?
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1444 on: March 11, 2020, 11:00:08 PM »

Just a question here-

Because the honor system doesn't work. Too many people believe we didn't even land on the Moon, or that the Earth is a shaped like a quarter. You really trust morons like that to follow the protocols for the public.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1445 on: March 11, 2020, 11:06:47 PM »

Just a question here-

Because the honor system doesn't work. Too many people believe we didn't even land on the Moon, or that the Earth is a shaped like a quarter. You really trust morons like that to follow the protocols for the public.

That applies just as much to the general public, though. It's easier to control a small group of people than a large group of people so it seems like the better strategy would be to isolate the people who are most vulnerable rather than trying to isolate everyone when most people will just ignore whatever rules you try to impose because they are not personally in as much danger.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1446 on: March 11, 2020, 11:14:56 PM »

Just a question here-

Because the hospitalization rate is far higher than 1% among even younger people?

Precisely. The healthcare system is stretched well beyond its limit in places like Italy, and it could be much worse without mitigating public health measures.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1447 on: March 11, 2020, 11:39:28 PM »

So when’s a good time to stack up on emergency food
. now. just went to a local walmart and they are literally running out of toilet paper. the toiletry aisle was like 75% empty

Yep. We're stocked up on all the essentials and long term basic ingredients, like flour, peanut butter, sugar, salt, etc.

More than anything, it's the panic that will overwhelm the system and leave hospitals overflowing and supermarkets empty more than anything else for now.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1448 on: March 11, 2020, 11:45:10 PM »

Just a question here-

The death rate for people under 50 for this is under 1% and really only gets serious for people over 70.  So why isn't the solution here just to tell seniors or people with asthma or heart problems to stay home and get other people to deliver the their groceries and stuff for their own protection? As opposed to telling everyone to do that and pretty much shutting civilization down and crashing the world economy. If you're a young and healthy person the real risk of getting it would be to potentially transmit it to an old person or someone with respiratory issues who it could kill.

Because people don’t think when they are panicking.

Response vs. Reaction.

You also have an incompetent Federal administration that is unable to make citizens feel safe or comfortable with its actions, which amplifies the panic factor.

Although, I'm sure you neither believe it nor want to hear it, but that's reality.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1449 on: March 11, 2020, 11:59:48 PM »

Great news!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies