Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:33:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 37
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)  (Read 58150 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: January 13, 2020, 11:15:25 PM »
« edited: January 13, 2020, 11:18:36 PM by CEO of Bernie Sanders »

Look at how people like Shadows and HockeyDude and SawX have been posting, like this is the end of Warren's career and "WE WILL NEVER VOTE FOR HER.  SHE IS LYING TRASH."

I literally just said three posts above yours that I would vote for her. Once again, you can't win a fair argument against me, so you've resorted to blatantly lying about my stances. You may have earlier, but you don't get the benefit of the doubt here.

I didn't say you said that.  I said you three were saying things "like" that.

Utter lies. My quote saying I'd vote for Warren is literally on this page. Considering Shadows is actually #NeverWarren (I can't speak for HockeyDude), you knew what you were trying to do. There was a part of me, after the WFP slander, that thought you might have made a mistake, but with this, there's no doubt of what you are. You're a bull**** artist.

It's funny how the Sanders supporters are torn between trying to pretend they still like her and absolutely trashing her with the strongest possible language.  Today has really broken the programming.

Yes. In your words, we need to stop Trump. She's absolute gutter trash and I definitely think she'll lose, but I'm not voting for the final nail in our judiciary.

You posted this though. 
If she thinks we'll forget this in a few years, she'll be in a rude ****ing awakening when AOC takes the stage.

I don't know what drugs you need to take to connect this to "I will never vote for Warren", but you need to give me some.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2020, 11:17:59 PM »

Warren didn't endorse Sanders in 2016 because she masquerades as a progressive yet backs the establishment. She was a Republican for the vast majority of her life. She conveniently fabricated the idea of her being Native American, with no regard for Native Americans and without advocating for them at all in the positions she gained later in her life. She's no stranger to lying strategically.

I guess we'll see what they say tomorrow. But I'm with Bernie. Smearing someone she's claimed to be a dear friend just weeks before Iowa is clearly a political backstabbing. The question is: Is she doing this for just her own gain or to take down Sanders? I don't think most people would approve of such a cold political move. I hope this hurts her campaign.

I'm the furthest from being either a Bernie or Warren supporter and fail to see how Warren is smearing Bernie here
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2020, 11:24:02 PM »

Look at how people like Shadows and HockeyDude and SawX have been posting, like this is the end of Warren's career and "WE WILL NEVER VOTE FOR HER.  SHE IS LYING TRASH."

I literally just said three posts above yours that I would vote for her. Once again, you can't win a fair argument against me, so you've resorted to blatantly lying about my stances. You may have earlier, but you don't get the benefit of the doubt here.

I didn't say you said that.  I said you three were saying things "like" that.

Utter lies. My quote saying I'd vote for Warren is literally on this page. Considering Shadows is actually #NeverWarren (I can't speak for HockeyDude), you knew what you were trying to do. There was a part of me, after the WFP slander, that thought you might have made a mistake, but with this, there's no doubt of what you are. You're a bull**** artist.

It's funny how the Sanders supporters are torn between trying to pretend they still like her and absolutely trashing her with the strongest possible language.  Today has really broken the programming.

Yes. In your words, we need to stop Trump. She's absolute gutter trash and I definitely think she'll lose, but I'm not voting for the final nail in our judiciary.

You posted this though. 
If she thinks we'll forget this in a few years, she'll be in a rude ****ing awakening when AOC takes the stage.

I don't know what drugs you need to take to connect this to "I will never vote for Warren", but you need to give me some.

You really need to re-read that quote again.  You have a really nasty habit of attributing motives and meaning to my posts that are completely detached from reality.

I'm glad you'll vote for Warren if she is the nominee.  No matter who the nominee is, we need to do everything we can to lift them up over Trump.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #303 on: January 13, 2020, 11:37:54 PM »

Warren didn't endorse Sanders in 2016 because she masquerades as a progressive yet backs the establishment. She was a Republican for the vast majority of her life. She conveniently fabricated the idea of her being Native American, with no regard for Native Americans and without advocating for them at all in the positions she gained later in her life. She's no stranger to lying strategically.

I guess we'll see what they say tomorrow. But I'm with Bernie. Smearing someone she's claimed to be a dear friend just weeks before Iowa is clearly a political backstabbing. The question is: Is she doing this for just her own gain or to take down Sanders? I don't think most people would approve of such a cold political move. I hope this hurts her campaign.

I'm the furthest from being either a Bernie or Warren supporter and fail to see how Warren is smearing Bernie here

I've done enough arguing over the veracity of Warren's claims. We can go in circles about the record and what Bernie said, and no minds will change. But let's take a step back and assume her claims are true. if Bernie did indeed say something so vile, why sit on this story for 2 years?

There were other times where Warren was further down in Tier 2. There were times where her campaign needed a boost. Specifically, why not leak it when you're closing in on Biden, are the leading progressive voice in the race? You can draw more supporters away from Bernie, put a massive dent in his consistent image, push yourself over the top, and actually become the unity candidate you wanted.

Moreover, if someone actually said a woman couldn't win, it would be immoral not to leak it as soon as possible. And considering how sexist the actual statement would be, why wouldn't a staffer decide to risk their job and blow the whistle anyway? It just doesn't make any logical sense for Warren to be sitting on a race-shifting bombshell for 2 years.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #304 on: January 13, 2020, 11:43:31 PM »

I've done enough arguing over the veracity of Warren's claims. We can go in circles about the record and what Bernie said, and no minds will change. But let's take a step back and assume her claims are true. if Bernie did indeed say something so vile, why sit on this story for 2 years?

There were other times where Warren was further down in Tier 2. There were times where her campaign needed a boost. Specifically, why not leak it when you're closing in on Biden, are the leading progressive voice in the race? You can draw more supporters away from Bernie, put a massive dent in his consistent image, push yourself over the top, and actually become the unity candidate you wanted.

Moreover, if someone actually said a woman couldn't win, it would be immoral not to leak it as soon as possible? And considering how sexist the actual statement would be, why wouldn't a staffer decide to blow the whistle?

Because first of all, it's a private conversation, and you don't leak private conversations to the press. You may talk about it with a small group of people you trust, but that's it. Unfortunately this one became an open secret in political circles and some people decided to go behind Warren's back to screw her, Sanders, and progressives. And second of all, her and Sanders are friends and allies. Expressing that a woman can't win is a moderate controversial opinion, but whether it is sexist is a matter of opinion (as it is, on the surface, an empirical judgement), it is by no means "vile", and it is nothing so awful that it would not be "immoral not to leak."

You are exaggerating the badness of what Sanders said in mental gymnastics to assail Warren for not leaking it. There is nothing leakable here, not even a major story. Whoever leaked this (and the MSM) have damaged both progressive candidates right before the debate.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #305 on: January 13, 2020, 11:57:23 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2020, 12:00:57 AM by CEO of Bernie Sanders »

Because first of all, it's a private conversation, and you don't leak private conversations to the press. You may talk about it with a small group of people you trust, but that's it. Unfortunately this one became an open secret in political circles and some people decided to go behind Warren's back to screw her, Sanders, and progressives. And second of all, her and Sanders are friends and allies. Expressing that a woman can't win is a moderate controversial opinion, but whether it is sexist is a matter of opinion (as it is, on the surface, an empirical judgement), it is by no means "vile", and it is nothing so awful that it would not be "immoral not to leak."

You are exaggerating the badness of what Sanders said in mental gymnastics to assail Warren for not leaking it. There is nothing leakable here, not even a major story. Whoever leaked this (and the MSM) have damaged both progressive candidates right before the debate.

Again, I find it very hard to believe that if Sanders' comments were to become the "open secret" it was, it would take this long for something this explosive to leak. If Warren had this much control over her inner circle to prevent this from leaking for a year, then why throw all that away over a minor FO's persuasion script?

We're, of course, talking hypotheticals. I don't believe this is true, but if it was, it makes very little sense for her to sit on it.  By your own logic, you don't leak private conversations to the press. At best, it makes Warren look thin-skinned, and at worst it was done for political purposes. It's the worst smear since John McCain's illegitimate black child from Bangladesh.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2020, 12:00:14 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2020, 12:04:26 AM by Beet »

Again, I find it very hard to believe that if it were to become the "open secret" it was, it would take this long for something this explosive to leak. If Warren had this much control over her inner circle to prevent this from leaking for a year, then why throw all that away over a minor FO's criticism script?

We're, of course, talking hypotheticals. I don't believe this is true, but if it was, it makes very little sense. By your own logic, you don't leak private conversations to the press. At best, it makes Warren look thin-skinned, and at worst it was done for political purposes.

Again, you are exaggerating how "explosive" it is. Biden literally said something very similar in public 2 weeks ago and no one cared. Warren never threw anything away because she never leaked it. She never needed any control because it was never newsworthy. She never leaked anything to the press.

It's the worst smear since John McCain's illegitimate black child from Bangladesh.

Get a grip. Warren is devastated that this came out today, I am sure.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #307 on: January 14, 2020, 12:09:32 AM »

Can someone explain to me how did this story make it to the press? Let us assume Warren is not a lier & Sanders said this.

Why would Sanders leak this to the press? 1 Day before the Iowa Debate? Why did the CNN news say "Anonymous" Staffer & Campaign officials?

Why did the Warren camp leak this story? I don't think anyone in their right mind believes 1 iota that this is true & it is also coincidental with Warren's push for women votes including her interviews about fashion, dating advise & so on.

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #308 on: January 14, 2020, 12:24:05 AM »

So I think that this could either A) help Biden or B) help Bernie.  If the pundits jump on this for two weeks (and I'm sure they will), then that might hurt Bernie's support but I don't really see those people going to Warren out of sympathy.  Or, if Warren flubs her response to this tomorrow night, she could also lose her support and most of those people would probably go to Bernie.

I don't think this is going to help Warren.  All this did, if anything, was create a rift between the progressive candidates at the worst possible time.

I officially hate this election.  Maybe I should buy my Howie Hawkins sign now.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #309 on: January 14, 2020, 02:09:09 AM »

She has shown how awful her instincts are. I'm starting to think she might be Trump's dream opponent. We will see she handles going forward.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #310 on: January 14, 2020, 04:27:58 AM »

I can't believe I miss Kamala Harris now.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #311 on: January 14, 2020, 04:42:42 AM »

The only shocking development is that some Bernie bros actually waited till now to declare their "disappointment" about Warren and didn't do it the moment she had the gall to announce she'd run against their God King Emperor.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #312 on: January 14, 2020, 04:45:17 AM »

The only shocking development is that some Bernie bros actually waited till now to declare their "disappointment" about Warren and didn't do it the moment she had the gall to announce she'd run against their God King Emperor.

I could say the same. Except replace Warren with Sanders and Sanders with Clinton.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #313 on: January 14, 2020, 05:24:09 AM »

The Judean People's Front?!?!?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #314 on: January 14, 2020, 06:05:12 AM »

I could say the same. Except replace Warren with Sanders and Sanders with Clinton.

I wouldn't know since I never liked Sanders much to begin with.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #315 on: January 14, 2020, 07:54:16 AM »

WaPo has an article about the conversation being about Trump using sexism against a woman & it clearly mentions that Bernie didn't say a woman wouldn't beat Trump.

Warren should apologize for smearing a good man. Anyways the 2020 race is going to Biden but she should own up to the dirty tactics her campaign used 1 day before the Iowa Debate.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #316 on: January 14, 2020, 09:23:31 AM »

WaPo has an article about the conversation being about Trump using sexism against a woman & it clearly mentions that Bernie didn't say a woman wouldn't beat Trump.

Warren should apologize for smearing a good man. Anyways the 2020 race is going to Biden but she should own up to the dirty tactics her campaign used 1 day before the Iowa Debate.
Not doubting you, but I can’t find the article for some reason. Do you have a link?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #317 on: January 14, 2020, 09:41:48 AM »

Not doubting you, but I can’t find the article for some reason. Do you have a link?

WaPo article on politics of gender (Bernie/Warren).
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #318 on: January 14, 2020, 11:07:51 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2020, 11:22:20 AM by GeneralMacArthur »

Pretty sure this is the article Shadows is talking about.

http://archive.is/DtPZs

I can't find the exculpatory line he's claiming.  Can you?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #319 on: January 14, 2020, 11:13:22 AM »

(aside from the fact that it's an obvious lie because if WaPo had that kind of bombshell evidence, it would be front-page news, not buried somewhere where I can't find it).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sanders-warren-feud-takes-a-turn-onto-the-dangerous-turf-of-gender/2020/01/13/a6bf6bee-3627-11ea-bf30-ad313e4ec754_story.html
Two people with knowledge of the conversation at the 2018 dinner at Warren’s home told The Washington Post that Warren brought up the issue by asking Sanders whether he believed a woman could win. One of the people with knowledge of the conversation said Sanders did not say a woman couldn’t win but rather that Trump would use nefarious tactics against the Democratic nominee.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #320 on: January 14, 2020, 11:21:17 AM »

(aside from the fact that it's an obvious lie because if WaPo had that kind of bombshell evidence, it would be front-page news, not buried somewhere where I can't find it).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sanders-warren-feud-takes-a-turn-onto-the-dangerous-turf-of-gender/2020/01/13/a6bf6bee-3627-11ea-bf30-ad313e4ec754_story.html
Two people with knowledge of the conversation at the 2018 dinner at Warren’s home told The Washington Post that Warren brought up the issue by asking Sanders whether he believed a woman could win. One of the people with knowledge of the conversation said Sanders did not say a woman couldn’t win but rather that Trump would use nefarious tactics against the Democratic nominee.

So strange that they would just bury that.  Then again it's one anonymous source's word against several other anonymous sources.  For all we know, this anonymous source could be someone from the Sanders camp.

The whole story is annoying since we have no good way of knowing what actually happened, one way or another.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2020, 11:26:49 AM »

I believe Warren, Sanders is very calculating like this. Just look at his stance on Reparations, he won't take the right position and one that many true progressive believe because he doesn't think it's politically expedient and it doesn't line up with the base he thinks he needs to win.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #322 on: January 14, 2020, 11:40:30 AM »

I believe Warren, Sanders is very calculating like this. Just look at his stance on Reparations, he won't take the right position and one that many true progressive believe because he doesn't think it's politically expedient and it doesn't line up with the base he thinks he needs to win.

Many progressives do not favor reparations.

Also, that has absolutely nothing to do with this.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #323 on: January 14, 2020, 11:48:00 AM »

Daily Beast:  Bernie Sanders volunteers are being instructed to call voters in NH and tell them Bernie is the only candidate who supports M4A.

Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #324 on: January 14, 2020, 11:50:59 AM »

Are they wrong? We aren't idiots and see what this pivot towards Petecare really is.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies