Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:30:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 37
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)  (Read 58594 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: January 14, 2020, 11:54:06 AM »
« edited: January 14, 2020, 12:17:51 PM by Gass3268 »

I believe Warren, Sanders is very calculating like this. Just look at his stance on Reparations, he won't take the right position and one that many true progressive believe because he doesn't think it's politically expedient and it doesn't line up with the base he thinks he needs to win.

I too believe Warren. There is something really Trumpian about Sanders, his campaign, and all the Bros. I'm almost Never Benrie, at least in the primary, at this point. His charade needs to stop.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #326 on: January 14, 2020, 11:56:58 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2020, 12:01:53 PM by Shadows »

Elizabeth Warren needs to apologize & his supporters here need to stop the incessant lies & dirty smear campaign

I hope she does the right thing & apologizes for smearing Bernie & trying to destroy her campaign.

@KyleKulinski
Politics aside I feel really bad for Bernie on a personal level. His closest "friend" in the senate just accused him of being sexist in an attempt to knock him from the #1 spot. That must hurt deeply. Washington DC is a really lonely place if you have principles & a conscience.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #327 on: January 14, 2020, 11:59:25 AM »

I believe Warren, Sanders is very calculating like this. Just look at his stance on Reparations, he won't take the right position and one that many true progressive believe because he doesn't think it's politically expedient and it doesn't line up with the base he thinks he needs to win.

I too believe Warren. There is something really slimy about Sanders, his campaign, and all the Bros. I'm almost Never Benrie, at least in the primary, at this point. His charade needs to stop.

Sad to see one of our renowned male allies on here otherizing women who don't agree with him. Remember kids: you're just another white bro if you support Bernie!
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #328 on: January 14, 2020, 12:17:52 PM »

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #329 on: January 14, 2020, 12:18:27 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2020, 12:22:04 PM by GP270watch »

Many progressives do not favor reparations.

Also, that has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Sure it does. It illustrates how Bernie thinks about important issues like Racial and Sex inequality. Also many Bernie supporters have bent over backwards trying to justify and make excuses for him about "political realities" and the political landscape, instead of advocating for what is right.

Do I believe the same man who is a total coward on racial justice alluded to the fact he didn't believe a woman could beat Trump, yes.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #330 on: January 14, 2020, 12:19:23 PM »

These latest developments have probably dropped Warren out of consideration for my potential primary vote. This was a cheap shot at Sanders, and also a dumb move politically.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #331 on: January 14, 2020, 12:22:03 PM »

I too believe Warren. There is something really slimy about Sanders, his campaign, and all the Bros. I'm almost Never Benrie, at least in the primary, at this point. His charade needs to stop.

The Bros!  Man I never knew you were such a bootlicker.  Lmao.

Also reported for blatant anti-Semitic trope.  “Slimy”.  You are pathetic.

Legit have never seen "slimy" used as an anti-Semitic trope. Did a Google search and nothing popped up connecting the two. That said I apologize and I've revised my statement.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #332 on: January 14, 2020, 12:24:45 PM »

Many progressives do not favor reparations.

Also, that has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Sure it does. It illustrates how Bernie thinks about important issues like Racial and Sex inequality. Also many Bernie supporters have bent over backwards trying to justify and make excuses for him about "political realities" and the political landscape, instead of advocating for what is right.

Do I believe the same man who is a total coward on racial justice alluded to the fact he didn't believe a woman could beat Trump, yes.

lol - you completely ignored the first part of my statement. Do you not understand that many progressives don't favor reparations? I guess they're all cowards to you?
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #333 on: January 14, 2020, 12:25:58 PM »

Sanders is doing what he always does. Using his nasty surrogates to trash everybody and then acting like a victim and like he's above the fray. I'm so sick of his act.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2020, 12:26:57 PM »

Warren has repeatedly said that her principal "showed [her] the door" after discovering she was pregnant at the end of the 1971 school year. The episode is pivotal to her life story, in that it dashed her dreams of remaining a public school teacher and launched her reluctantly down the path to public service. Since she began her campaign for the presidency, she has repeatedly said that she was "shown the door" after just a year as a result of her pregnancy. "By the end of the first year I was visibly pregnant, and the principal did what principals did in those days: wished me luck, showed me the door, and hired someone else for the job," she said at a town hall in Oakland in June.

"I worked in a public school system with the children with disabilities. I did that for a year, and then that summer I didn't have the education courses, so I was on an 'emergency certificate,' it was called," Warren said in 2007. "I went back to graduate school and took a couple of courses in education and said, 'I don't think this is going to work out for me.' I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years." In fact, the school board minutes show that the board voted by unanimous roll call to extend Warren a "provisional certificate" in speech pathology.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elizabeth-warren-pregnancy-claim-democratic-presidential-candidate-stands-by-being-pushed-out-of-teaching-job/

Warren's history of lies - Apart from the Native American lie & lying about her children going to college. I guess Democrats are competing to ensure both the Democrats & Republican nominees are huge liars.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #335 on: January 14, 2020, 12:31:15 PM »

lol - you completely ignored the first part of my statement. Do you not understand that many progressives don't favor reparations? I guess they're all cowards to you?

People who refuse to remediate injustice are cowards and have no credibility.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #336 on: January 14, 2020, 12:33:03 PM »

Sad to see one of our renowned male allies on here otherizing women who don't agree with him. Remember kids: you're just another white bro if you support Bernie!

To me being a Bernie Bro is a state of mind, a mentality and an attitude. It's the folks that say they'll sit out or vote third party if their choice is any not-Sanders vs Trump. It's the people that attack anyone or question their bonafides as a Progressive if they support anyone over Sanders. Freak out when any critisism or critique is brought forward against Sanders. It has nothing to do with gender, sex, race, color, sexual orientaion, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, etc. Anyone can be a Bernie Bro. I have no issues with you average Sanders supporter, but I can't stand those at the extreme.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #337 on: January 14, 2020, 12:57:01 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2020, 01:01:42 PM by CEO of Bernie Sanders »

To me being a Bernie Bro is a state of mind, a mentality and an attitude. It's the folks that say they'll sit out or vote third party if their choice is any not-Sanders vs Trump. It's the people that attack anyone or question their bonafides as a Progressive if they support anyone over Sanders. Freak out when any critisism or critique is brought forward against Sanders. It has nothing to do with gender, sex, race, color, sexual orientaion, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, etc. Anyone can be a Bernie Bro. I have no issues with you average Sanders supporter, but I can't stand those at the extreme.

I understand your intentions, and I'm not gonna sit here and call you a racist or sexist. I know you too well to misjudge your character. I'm also not gonna sit here and deny that we have the cultists and zealots you're describing. That being said, the term was originally created as a gendered stereotype.

The term was originally a satirical term meant to stereotype Bernie supporters as white males. The term went viral, was picked up by the mainstream media, and has become a part of serious political discourse. People have now used it the way you do, not knowing the full meaning and history behind the term.

Quote from: Robinson Meyer, coining the Bernie Bro term
The Berniebro is someone you may only have encountered if you’re somewhat similar to him: white; well-educated; middle-class (or, delicately, “upper middle-class”); and aware of NPR podcasts and jangly bearded bands.

My beliefs on the term are well-documented, but I believe it otherizes women and POC on Bernie's side. Unlike 2016, we've diversified our supporter base, and we're actually competitive with Biden on Latin@ support. I believe the history of the term erases and marginalizes that female/POC support. In fact, the underlying meaning behind the term "Bernie Bro" is "Bernie's the candidate of white men, and if you're a woman/POC who supports him, you're fighting in the interest of white males."

I won't go as hard on you as I did on some of the other people who used the term, because I know you well enough to know you didn't mean harm. I was still disheartened to see you use it.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #338 on: January 14, 2020, 01:22:14 PM »

There's no way of knowing who's telling the truth and frankly, I don't think it matters much. The damage has been done. It was an opinion people on Atlas have expressed and many voters subconsciously agree with, but it was a fight between progressives, so the media went all in on the scandalous coverage. The left shoots itself on the foot again.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #339 on: January 14, 2020, 01:43:43 PM »

There's no way of knowing who's telling the truth and frankly, I don't think it matters much. The damage has been done. It was an opinion people on Atlas have expressed and many voters subconsciously agree with, but it was a fight between progressives, so the media went all in on the scandalous coverage. The left shoots itself on the foot again.

*Warren shoots Bernie in the foot because she can't run a campaign

Not his fault she decided to pivot towards Maybe Medicare For All In Two Years.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #340 on: January 14, 2020, 01:48:34 PM »

But remember kids, the REAL sexism is calling Bernie bros, Bernie bros.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #341 on: January 14, 2020, 02:07:27 PM »

I'd say the real sexism is downplaying the impact of sexual assault and blaming "SJWs" when you get called out, but that's just me.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #342 on: January 14, 2020, 02:09:11 PM »

I'd say the real sexism is downplaying the impact of sexual assault and blaming "SJWs" when you get called out, but that's just me.

So, you're keeping screenshots from years ago posts of random Atlas members just in case?
That's ...totally normal.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #343 on: January 14, 2020, 04:45:55 PM »

It seems obvious that the media was looking for any little rift to bash the most progressive candidates but the Bernie faction responds to everything and anything with such vitriol and nastiness that's it's very easy to keep the media narrative going.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #344 on: January 14, 2020, 05:04:15 PM »

It seems obvious that the media was looking for any little rift to bash the most progressive candidates but the Bernie faction responds to everything and anything with such vitriol and nastiness that's it's very easy to keep the media narrative going.

Blaming this on the media is such a cop-out.

Warren's campaign leaked this.  The media didn't seek it out.  Best case scenario is those four sources all went to the media at the same time... no.

Then Sanders responded calling her a liar and sent his surrogates and online army out to trash her and call her a shameless liar, a fraud, a traitor to the movement, and someone they could never vote for.

Warren responded saying Sanders is lying, he did say it.

How is any of this the media's fault?  How is any of this the media ginning up controversy?  The two campaigns are fighting this out in statements they've chosen to make.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #345 on: January 14, 2020, 06:03:43 PM »

The only shocking development is that some Bernie bros actually waited till now to declare their "disappointment" about Warren and didn't do it the moment she had the gall to announce she'd run against their God King Emperor.

I could say the same. Except replace Warren with Sanders and Sanders with Clinton.

I wouldn't know since I never liked Sanders much to begin with.

Well he did commit the unforgivable sin of having the sheer GALL to run against Hillary Clinton.
Cinemark

« Reply #346 on: January 14, 2020, 06:17:24 PM »

The only shocking development is that some Bernie bros actually waited till now to declare their "disappointment" about Warren and didn't do it the moment she had the gall to announce she'd run against their God King Emperor.

I could say the same. Except replace Warren with Sanders and Sanders with Clinton.

Well he did commit the unforgivable sin of having the sheer GALL to run against Hillary Clinton.

See, heres the issue. It was apparent by April of 2016 that Sanders had no chance of winning. Yet the attacks from him and his camp continued(some of which were far worse than this current drama) well into June.  I'm not going to rehash the entirety of the 2016 primary, but theres a reason alot of the current outrage is falling on deaf ears. The first time the Bernie camp gets a taste of its own medicine and you would think Elizabeth Warren put out a literal hit on the guy.

Like seriously, its not the end of the world. Roll with the punches like the way you guys made Hillary and her supporters do or get out of the kitchen and let someone with thicker skin take over.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #347 on: January 14, 2020, 06:20:23 PM »

See, heres the issue. It was apparent by April of 2016 that Sanders had no chance of winning. Yet the attacks from him and his camp continued(some of which were far worse than this current drama) well into June.  I'm not going to rehash the entirety of the 2016 primary, but theres a reason alot of the current outrage is falling on deaf ears. The first time the Bernie camp gets a taste of its own medicine and you would think Elizabeth Warren put out a literal hit on the guy.

Like seriously, its not the end of the world. Roll with the punches like the way you guys made Hillary and her supporters do or get out of the kitchen and let someone with thicker skin take over.

Rehashing the 2016 primary is the only interest of Clinton supporters at this point because Sanders had the sheer nerve to run for President.

Also, since we're equal-opportunity, Clinton should've dropped out when it was apparent that she'd lost in 2008, but instead she made a pretty disgusting comment about Robert Kennedy and seemed to imply that Obama might be assassinated.

Of course, we don't hear about that because the Atlas hatred for Sanders borders on psychotic.
Cinemark

« Reply #348 on: January 14, 2020, 06:45:18 PM »

Rehashing the 2016 primary is the only interest of Clinton supporters at this point because Sanders had the sheer nerve to run for President.

Also, since we're equal-opportunity, Clinton should've dropped out when it was apparent that she'd lost in 2008, but instead she made a pretty disgusting comment about Robert Kennedy and seemed to imply that Obama might be assassinated.

Of course, we don't hear about that because the Atlas hatred for Sanders borders on psychotic.

Hillary basically had no path to the nomination after the DNC ruled against giving Michigan and Florida their full delegations. That was on May 30th. Hillary dropped out on June 5th and endorsed on the 7th.

The nomination was much closer in 2008 and while slim, Hillary still had a chance at the nomination in May. Bernie was basically mathematically eliminated by April.
Hollywood
« Reply #349 on: January 14, 2020, 08:55:08 PM »

Warren is a bad campaigner with even worse political instincts.  The corporate media has essentially strapped a bomb to Warren's chest, and sent her out on a suicide mission against the Sander's campaign.  She has essentially let herself be used as a tool, because she is losing the progressive argument to Sanders.   

Do I believe she lied?  I don't know, but I'm leaning in that direction.  Why tell us now about Bernie Sander's not thinking a woman could win?  She could have said so earlier in the campaign.  Also, she has previously lied for her own economic and political advantage, as evidenced by her designation of Native American on applications, her statement about sending her son to public school instead of private school, and her flip away from Medicare for All. 

Thus, this is the first time that I'm gonna agree with any demands that another candidates drop out of the race to help out another candidate.  Warren doesn't have a chance to win the presidency, and she's a demonstrably harmful to the left-wing of the Democrat Party.  It's not just about her taking away votes from the Sander's campaign like some sort of tumor, but, within a week, turned into a metastic cancer for the entire progressive left.  Calling your friend a sexist and attacking him due to his supporters attacking your ability to win based on the type of voters you attract just confirms the corporate media's narrative that people should vote for an establishment candidate.  She went nuclear, and progressive voters should punish her for doing so. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies