Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:25:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 106957 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2019, 06:30:54 PM »

If they did it to Clinton, they should do it to Biden.

I and many other skilled political operatives will do our best to make sure that Bye-Done is even more unpopular than Hilldawg, should he be the nominee

That's a foregone conclusion right there. It's Trump's best tactic.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2019, 11:12:30 PM »

lol i think this whole debate thing may be similar to the segregation thing.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2019, 11:33:17 PM »

Thread: Biden campaign, "freaking out" over his weak debate performance, important state watch parties broke into "awkwardness" -

Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2019, 11:33:34 PM »

The busing thing with Harris is a distraction. What would have most worried me if I were a Biden aide was how he seemed to be stumbling over his words and mixing things up in the second half of the debate. Can his age cope with another year and a half of campaigning...
indietraveler

« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2019, 11:40:32 PM »

The busing thing with Harris is a distraction. What would have most worried me if I were a Biden aide was how he seemed to be stumbling over his words and mixing things up in the second half of the debate. Can his age cope with another year and a half of campaigning...

Agree with this. I thought it was really noticeable. I'm all for people running at any age but his presentation was way off.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2019, 01:53:49 AM »

Agree wholeheartedly. Trump has ample cause to portray him as "low energy" if he's the nominee.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2019, 02:05:25 AM »

Agree wholeheartedly. Trump has ample cause to portray him as "low energy" if he's the nominee.
He seemed pretty on game for the first half at least
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2019, 02:09:04 AM »

Biden should have attacked Harris hard over her comments where she was acting like she was underprivileged and then attacked her prosecutorial record and expose her as a huge hypocrite  .
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2019, 02:09:29 AM »

To be fair, his debate performance wasn't too bad. Better than I expected, though not great either. I don't understand why he didn't prepare better for the segregation senators remarks. It must have been obvious for him to be confronted with this.
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2019, 02:59:39 AM »

Biden needed to counter attack harder against Harris, he looked weak and soft up there, just letting her land body blows against him, he needed to show some vigour and call her out as the daughter of extremely privileged parents pretending she has faced any challenges in her life.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2019, 04:38:40 AM »

Busing is a politically effective attack because Biden's actual position on busing was pretty defensible (even a lot of Black people would agree and not want their kids being bused miles away for hours a day) but it's a relatively complicated issue that can't be easily explained in 10 seconds during one of these typical American debates, especially not one with 10 people.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2019, 06:13:36 AM »

To be fair, his debate performance wasn't too bad. Better than I expected, though not great either. I don't understand why he didn't prepare better for the segregation senators remarks. It must have been obvious for him to be confronted with this.
He’s entitled and doesn’t think he needs to prepare. It’s already leaking from his campaign. Biden is impotent and won’t be able to close the deal.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2019, 09:01:43 AM »

He’s sure not as sharp, quick, or laser-focussed as he was in the 2012 VP debate. I can’t picture this version of Biden ever pulling off a performance like that again.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2019, 09:22:53 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2019, 04:03:43 PM by Speaker YE »

FTFY.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2019, 09:38:20 AM »

I don't think this performance will seriously hurt his campaign, but it probably won't help him much either.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2019, 09:40:08 AM »

I don't think this performance will seriously hurt his campaign, but it probably won't help him much either.

The question is whether he learns from his underwhelming performance for the coming debates. I doubt.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2019, 09:49:04 AM »

Maybe because the majority Black schools had less resources?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2019, 09:53:54 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2019, 04:05:05 PM by Speaker YE »

There were were no schools that were Blacks only or whites only when Kamala Harris was a student. There were schools that happened to have almost all Black students because they served mostly Black neighborhoods and schools that happened to be almost all white because they served mostly white neighborhoods. Just like today.

Yah bro, that's segregation.  

Why did the thought of having to attend a school in her own neighborhood with Black kids from her own neighborhood reduce her to tears? Very strange. I assume it was fake crying, cynical political move to try to own Joe Biden. Although it's not completely impossible she isn't comfortable around African Americans, as she is not an African American and she is married to a white man.

You're disgusting.  
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2019, 09:54:19 AM »

Part of issue why segregation isnt a factor anymore in public schools is due the resegegation, of schools due to Charter schools. In 70's, there were magnet schools that blacks had to go to with whites.

Now Charter schools are not forcefully intergregrated and minorities still go to public schools. Like Universities and Graduate schooling

So, impact of charter schools has allowed the very smart kids to integrate with each other, whichever color one is
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2019, 09:55:06 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2019, 03:50:12 PM by Speaker YE »

Actually the more I think about the busing thing, the funnier it is.

Kamala Harris was literally tearing up at the thought that Joe Biden would make her go to a majority Black segregated school, rather than allow her to travel an extra hour every day to go to a white integrated school.

and that's supposed to prove HE is racist.

FTFY.

There were were no schools that were Blacks only or whites only when Kamala Harris was a student. There were schools that happened to have almost all Black students because they served mostly Black neighborhoods and schools that happened to be almost all white because they served mostly white neighborhoods. Just like today.

Are you familiar at all with the habit of Redlining? If not, give a read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redlining

Among the various problems it caused or reinforced was de facto school segregation. You don't gotta go full Jim Crow when the banks have your back. Gives extra cover to racists who, because it isn't a de jure segregated area, will claim that this is just the natural state of things or other such nonsense in order to resist any attempts at integration.

Also this 'not an African American' nonsense is disgusting.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2019, 10:05:05 AM »

Kamala Harris is objectively not African American, ethnically or culturally. African American is a very well defined ethnic group. She is not in it. She is Black, of African descent, and an American but she is not African American. Furthermore, her experience is very removed from African American culture. Same as Obama. Republicans will probably nominate an actual African American before the Democrats ever do.
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2019, 12:08:16 PM »

Kamala Harris is objectively not African American, ethnically or culturally. African American is a very well defined ethnic group. She is not in it. She is Black, of African descent, and an American but she is not African American. Furthermore, her experience is very removed from African American culture. Same as Obama. Republicans will probably nominate an actual African American before the Democrats ever do.

You're really gonna sit there and gatekeep race, huh?
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2019, 12:56:11 PM »

I'm a Biden supporter as you can see in my sig, but I call it like I see it. Kamala Harris annihilated him last night. I have no idea why he wasn't prepared for a candidate to have that type of attack. It's baffling and concerning for his campaign.

Bernie is old, but he didn't look as tired and lethargic as Biden did at times. It's like he wanted to stay afar and not engage anyone. He's not going to win the primary by "running out the clock," and hoping he can say/do the minimum necessary to avoid any mistakes. He needs to show way more fire than last tonight.

Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2019, 01:10:47 PM »

I'm a Biden supporter as you can see in my sig, but I call it like I see it. Kamala Harris annihilated him last night. I have no idea why he wasn't prepared for a candidate to have that type of attack. It's baffling and concerning for his campaign.

It's weird, because he could have responded to Harris with a simple question like "as President, would you implement federally mandated school busing? If not, why are you attacking me for having opposed a policy you also don't support?".
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2019, 01:30:58 PM »

You know Morty is racist when a MISSISSIPPI REPUBLICAN calls him out on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies