Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:40:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 105513 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2019, 04:36:11 AM »

I'll settle this: Kamala Harris is black.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2019, 04:37:19 AM »

I'll settle this: Kamala Harris is black.

Correct. I literally said this.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2019, 07:44:42 AM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2019, 08:47:11 AM »

As usual SJW are out of touch with actual voters
I don’t believe this at all.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2019, 09:00:41 AM »

I do.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2019, 11:37:29 AM »

Cause you are a SJW
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2019, 11:38:51 AM »

Real high-level discourse going on in this thread, huh?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2019, 12:33:13 PM »

It is becoming more and more evident that Hillary was a much stronger candidate than he would be.

No, because Joe Biden is actually authentic in the eyes of a lot of people. Hillary always had the stigma of being an out-of-touch, power greedy lady who would do everything to get elected. Joe Biden is more seen as the nice uncle from next door. He is not Hillary 2.0.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2019, 12:39:45 PM »

It is becoming more and more evident that Hillary was a much stronger candidate than he would be.

No, because Joe Biden is actually authentic in the eyes of a lot of people. Hillary always had the stigma of being an out-of-touch, power greedy lady who would do everything to get elected. Joe Biden is more seen as the nice uncle from next door. He is not Hillary 2.0.
The man who had to drop out for plagiarizing a speech one time and dropped after getting 1 percent in Iowa the other is stronger than the woman who won the most primary votes both times she ran? K.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2019, 12:44:36 PM »

Richard Nixon was a known plastic, Gerald Ford was an honest guy you could go have beer and nachos with.

So tell me, which one has the record for winning four Presidential Elections on both sides of the ticket, only nipped once.

And which one nearly got axed in the primaries, then proceeded to lose to a one-term Governor in a state where that wasn't even that powerful a position?

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2019, 12:45:30 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2019, 12:49:13 PM by President Johnson »

The man who had to drop out for plagiarizing a speech one time and dropped after getting 1 percent in Iowa the other is stronger than the woman who won the most primary votes both times she ran? K.

We're talking about the woman who lost an election to Donald Trump, who was less popular on election day than Barry Goldwater. This one shouldn't have been close but she took it for granted and campaigned in the wrong states.

I'm not saying Joe Biden would win if nominated, but he would stand a good chance to beat Trump (like most Democratic frontrunners).

Richard Nixon was a known plastic, Gerald Ford was an honest guy you could go have beer and nachos with.

So tell me, which one has the record for winning four Presidential Elections on both sides of the ticket, only nipped once.

And which one nearly got axed in the primaries, then proceeded to lose to a one-term Governor in a state where that wasn't even that powerful a position?

Hardly a comparison. Ford ran under difficult cirumstances and came pretty close. He might have won if the campaign went on for one more week. And if he ran in 1980, he would have defeated Carter in a landslide. Also, Nixon won the races in 1968 and 1972 because the national environment favored him and his opponents were pretty weak.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2019, 01:03:50 PM »

We're talking about the woman who lost an election to Donald Trump, who was less popular on election day than Barry Goldwater. This one shouldn't have been close but she took it for granted and campaigned in the wrong states.

I'm not saying Joe Biden would win if nominated, but he would stand a good chance to beat Trump (like most Democratic frontrunners).

Hardly a comparison. Ford ran under difficult cirumstances and came pretty close. He might have won if the campaign went on for one more week. And if he ran in 1980, he would have defeated Carter in a landslide. Also, Nixon won the races in 1968 and 1972 because the national environment favored him and his opponents were pretty weak.

Humphrey was not a weak opponent, quite the opposite actually when considering how stacked against him the circumstances were.

Also, Nixon really shouldn't have been able to come back and win the nomination at all after losing to
JFK in the first place.

This suggests a certain grit that comes from being perceived negatively, therefore having to work much harder to win votes.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2019, 06:16:41 PM »

Talk about "analysis" all you want, but yours is the candidate who literally has trouble stringing words together into coherent sentences. Our last nominee could at least do that. Roll Eyes
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2019, 07:33:41 PM »

I feel like Joe is way more vulnerable on abortion than on the busing stuff which is totally irrelevant today. He's literally on record trashing Roe and calling abortion a tragedy in addition to voting for the Hyde Amendment. That would've been far more salient than some issue that mattered 40 years ago.

If he is in the July debate with Gillibrand, I can just see her pulling a Harris on him over Hyde. I expect a lot more confrontation in future debates, in general. It's a tactic that has been working to the favor of the instigator so far.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2019, 08:46:16 PM »

I feel like Joe is way more vulnerable on abortion than on the busing stuff which is totally irrelevant today. He's literally on record trashing Roe and calling abortion a tragedy in addition to voting for the Hyde Amendment. That would've been far more salient than some issue that mattered 40 years ago.

If he is in the July debate with Gillibrand, I can just see her pulling a Harris on him over Hyde. I expect a lot more confrontation in future debates, in general. It's a tactic that has been working to the favor of the instigator so far.
I highly doubt Gillibrand will make it to the July debate.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2019, 11:16:45 PM »

But she's already qualified Huh Huh
Tarrin Kael
Ganon27
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.84, S: -6.70

« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2019, 11:31:53 PM »

Talk about "analysis" all you want, but yours is the candidate who literally has trouble stringing words together into coherent sentences. Our last nominee could at least do that. Roll Eyes

This is seriously one of my main issues with him. It's potentially indicative of mental decline, which is a major issue for a president.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2019, 12:05:23 AM »

How so?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2019, 12:26:49 AM »

How so?

July has the same criteria, it’s the third debate in September, that changes it
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2019, 12:57:25 AM »

How so?

July has the same criteria, it’s the third debate in September, that changes it

Yeah, this. The same polls & 65K donors that qualified her for the June debate also simultaneously qualified her for the July debate as well.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2019, 09:16:54 AM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2019, 11:10:16 AM »

He looks like a president Purple heart
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2019, 11:40:31 AM »

We don't need another centrist sellout who looks the part.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2019, 12:02:17 PM »

I'll take a centrist sellout over a sociopathic child, should that end up being the choice I have thanks to our flawed democracy.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: June 30, 2019, 12:32:46 PM »

Uncle Joe isn't a sellout. He's a pargamtist who can get stuff done. A staunch leftist won't pass meaningful reforms through congress. He or she would only be signing executive orders that will be blocked by courts and/or revoked by the next president. Also, the Democrats won the House in 2018 by winning over moderate suburbanites, which are important in 2020 as well. Bernie won't do as well here than Biden or Harris.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies