Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 09:17:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 105512 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2019, 10:07:54 PM »
« edited: June 23, 2019, 10:11:59 PM by Anthony Davis is Awesome »

Biden has had a history of saying racially insensitive remarks, who cares about his vote, and he isnt going to be the nominee, as you think he has.

When you go around saying a segregationist is the way you move legislation, saying Obama is clean black man that got ahead, and saying Brown skinned people work at 7 eleven, and DEL is a slave state, Biden doesnt deserve the nomination.

Alan J.Dixon, who was IL most prestigious Senator, lost, in my home state of IL, due to his vote for Clarence Thomas, that's why Simon refused to even vote in committee for a favorable recommendation for Thomas.

Obviously, Biden was hurt by his vote, he still apologized for to Hill, 20 yrs later.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2019, 10:46:16 PM »

Biden has had a history of saying racially insensitive remarks, who cares about his vote, and he isnt going to be the nominee, as you think he has.

All I know is that it's sad that, in lieu of actually admitting you were wrong, you pivot to "wElL wHo CaReS aBoUt HiS vOtE, wHaT aBoUt AlL tHiS StUfF" instead of just acknowledging that you said something that wasn't factually correct.

When you go around saying a segregationist is the way you move legislation, saying Obama is clean black man that got ahead, and saying Brown skinned people work at 7 eleven, and DEL is a slave state, Biden doesnt deserve the nomination.

Alan J.Dixon, who was IL most prestigious Senator, lost, in my home state of IL, due to his vote for Clarence Thomas, that's why Simon refused to even vote in committee for a favorable recommendation for Thomas.

Obviously, Biden was hurt by his vote, he still apologized for to Hill, 20 yrs later.

Ignoring the fact that that's some massive taking of those remarks out of context (for example, he didn't praise a segregationist; he said that, sometimes in Congress, one has to work with terrible or downright racist colleagues to get things done, & then he went on to say that, when you can't work with them, you work around them), how can one claim that Simon refused to vote for Thomas because Dixon had lost when Dixon didn't lose until 5 months after Thomas was confirmed?? Did Paul Simon, of all people, master time travel technology? Did he have a DeLorean? A TARDIS? A quantum tunnel & time-space GPS? I'd love to know.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2019, 08:10:15 AM »

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2019, 08:48:05 AM »

All I know is that it's sad that, in lieu of actually admitting you were wrong, you pivot to "wElL wHo CaReS aBoUt HiS vOtE, wHaT aBoUt AlL tHiS StUfF" instead of just acknowledging that you said something that wasn't factually correct.

Ignoring the fact that that's some massive taking of those remarks out of context (for example, he didn't praise a segregationist; he said that, sometimes in Congress, one has to work with terrible or downright racist colleagues to get things done, & then he went on to say that, when you can't work with them, you work around them), how can one claim that Simon refused to vote for Thomas because Dixon had lost when Dixon didn't lose until 5 months after Thomas was confirmed?? Did Paul Simon, of all people, master time travel technology? Did he have a DeLorean? A TARDIS? A quantum tunnel & time-space GPS? I'd love to know.

lol you're talking to olakwandi, he's some sort of Turing test experiment.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2019, 07:13:47 PM »

lol you're talking to olakwandi, he's some sort of Turing test experiment.

What happened is I think he passed the Turing Test on the topic of Biden.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2019, 07:17:11 PM »

Bro, are you seriously having a heated argument with olowakandi?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2019, 07:43:37 PM »

Apparently. This is where I've truly erred as an Atlas poster, isn't it?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2019, 08:43:48 PM »

Biden has once again made a gaffe, and it didn't happen during the primaries debates, he hasn't seen up anything. All we can do is watch the polls and Trump isnt gonna get blown out like polls showed Hillary doing against Trump.

Everyone has different opinions on here
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2019, 08:46:31 PM »

Apparently. This is where I've truly erred as an Atlas poster, isn't it?

You'll find it about as fruitful as arguing with a glitchy computer program.
Askew
Rookie

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2019, 09:18:07 PM »

He looks old. He's what, 76? He's an old 76. I've seen people at the same age look a lot better. Trump and Reagan for instance or even people in real life....

He clearly looks healthier than Trump, whether that equals looking "better" overall or not.

It's not just how he looks; it's how he presents. Age to me is a very relative number. My parents are 65 but which on paper to me isn't old, but because of their physical and mental decline they present as being older than they are; in contrast, my girlfriend's grandmother is 78 and she presents very young. Trump may be obese, but he comes off young for his age with lots of energy and a high level of charisma (equally matched by a high level of ignorance). Biden, on the other hand, is obviously much more intelligent but he comes off as a tired, rather uninspiring and boring old man. Which is sad because just 7 years ago or so, he wasn't like that.

Lol. Trump looks like a fat, old crazy person covered in grease and he sounds like he's in the middle of an Alzheimer's moment. Not to mention when he slurs because his dentures are loose. Biden will look like Robert Redford standing next to that fatso.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2019, 03:09:20 AM »

I think some people are being too harsh on Biden, but as a Biden supporter, some of you are also being too generous to Biden. I support Biden based on his experience chairing the Foreign Relations and Judiciary Committees in the Senate, while I can see the problems that people may have with Biden's past actions, I personally think that his policy ideas coupled with the experience he gained as Vice President to Barack Obama is one of the best qualities he has and I am proud to support someone, who while flawed like all Americans truly is looking out for the best.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2019, 06:06:54 AM »

Gallatine
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -5.57

« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2019, 06:36:15 AM »

the absolute disrespect for Jay Inslee smh
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2019, 12:53:29 PM »

This is huge for him. Seems as Democratic voters get it who will actually deliver rational solutions.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2019, 12:57:28 PM »

Excuse me, but I find it hard to believe the candidate of the age 50+ union workers has support from the largely young crowd obsessed with climate change. There aren't enough old hippies in this country to outnumber them, and the Pac-12 Sustainability Conference is fully behind Jay Inslee.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2019, 01:00:30 PM »

Excuse me, but I find it hard to believe the candidate of the age 50+ union workers has support from the largely young crowd obsessed with climate change. There aren't enough old hippies in this country to outnumber them, and the Pac-12 Sustainability Conference is fully behind Jay Inslee.

I don't think these regular young people who just chose to rate the #1 issue they care about the most as climate change when they were polled take their marching orders from the Pac-12 Sustainability Conference, but okay.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2019, 01:12:37 PM »

I don't think these regular young people who just chose to rate the #1 issue they care about the most as climate change when they were polled take their marching orders from the Pac-12 Sustainability Conference, but okay.

The Pac-12 Sustainability Conference is the voice of the aging, not the young! Come on Bruce! That's why we are questioning the Biden position not the Bernie. Zero young people support Joe Biden so why are old people who care about living green voting for him? If Jay Inslee is not in your final four, pretty soon it will be our planet singing woah-oh-oh, I'm on fire. And believe me, it won't be a six inch valley, we'll be talking about a six thousand kilometer valley where the real Amazon used to be. (Check out my charity website, I love Jeff Bezos dot org)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2019, 01:27:17 PM »

The Pac-12 Sustainability Conference is the voice of the aging, not the young! Come on Bruce! That's why we are questioning the Biden position not the Bernie. Zero young people support Joe Biden so why are old people who care about living green voting for him? If Jay Inslee is not in your final four, pretty soon it will be our planet singing woah-oh-oh, I'm on fire. And believe me, it won't be a six inch valley, we'll be talking about a six thousand kilometer valley where the real Amazon used to be. (Check out my charity website, I love Jeff Bezos dot org)

Can't tell if memeing or trolling.

Gotta hand it to you for that Springsteen reference, though. I'm much appreciative.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2019, 04:40:40 PM »

Not sure if this type of story will get any traction, but I could see a few Dems going after this: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe-biden-has-made-millions-since-leaving-vice-presidency-moved-into-5m-mansion-report
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2019, 05:50:26 PM »

If they did it to Clinton, they should do it to Biden.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2019, 06:35:21 PM »

Wouldn't be surprised if this line of attack (compared to last time) is being avoided by the left because of a potential to backfire, considering Bernie's now also made a lot of money since his first presidential run.

Something something UNO reverse card, something something no u.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2019, 07:37:42 PM »

I and many other skilled political operatives will do our best to make sure that Bye-Done is even more unpopular than Hilldawg, should he be the nominee
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2019, 01:57:09 AM »

Something something UNO reverse card, something something no u.

Huh?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2019, 01:59:01 AM »

It's a meme.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2019, 02:32:48 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2019, 01:11:37 PM by ProudModerate2 »

LMAO.
Was that some serious backpedalling or what?
I mean olawakandi was first telling us "how important Biden's vote was," but then after being proven wrong on a number of fronts, he then switches to "who cares about his vote."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies