Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:35:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78]
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 103584 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: December 05, 2019, 06:23:10 PM »

Say what you want about Biden, but the man produces gobs of high-quality content.

If 2016 didn't kill the whole ironic support thing, you'd see a lot of it for Biden.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1926 on: December 05, 2019, 06:32:27 PM »

Is this how boomers fight? Instead of just squaring up, do they just do pushups at each other until the other gets tired?

I think the point was to prove Biden's physical fitness, since the guy told Biden he was too old.

That's exactly what it was.
The guy questioned his age, and Biden basically told him I'm more physically fit than you are, and you are younger than me (he looks younger than Biden).
So he basically "shut-down" that guy's (personal) argument.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1927 on: December 05, 2019, 06:35:52 PM »

I mean what would be the reaction if this was coming from Warren or Kamala even Pete? Seems strange how the tough guy act only seems to work for Biden?

Because Biden is a white, old, heterosexual man and him being tough means that white, old, heterosexual men are in charge.

If those other guys did it it would represent a threat to white, old, heterosexual men though.

Why do you think Trump is President?
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1928 on: December 05, 2019, 06:52:08 PM »

But Don "I can grab women whereever I want" is? Lamo.

This is by far the best ad of the campaign so far. Actually all the Biden ads are pretty strong.

Attacking Trump isn't a Trump goal, but it is a Biden&Butti one.

You're championing a weak candidate who would lose at worse margins than Hillary did. If you actually wanted a chance against Trump, you should switch support to Mayor Pete.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1929 on: December 05, 2019, 07:01:28 PM »

To be honest, I'm not sure why everyone thinks this ad would be super effective against Trump. While people should care about this sort of thing, many would just respond with "who cares about what foreigners think" or even some BS like "hah, Trump standing up to elites who gossip behind his back!". Basically, its the same kind of personality based attack that failed in 2016. I believe it would be more effective to go after Trump on his atrocious healthcare policies and his massive giveaways to corporations, to destroy his populist sthick.

I share that concern, I'm worried Biden will focus too much on attacking Trump on character and personality like Hillary Clinton did and won't have a strong policy message. I see a lot of Hillary 2016 parallels with Biden.

I can understand this, but trump's disastrous "character traits" are way-more proven and constant throughout the entire, past four years (compared to 2016).
Unless you have been living under a rock, you got to say ... "yes, trump acts (at least sometimes) like a narcissistic man-child, a liar and can be an a$$hole."

So it will definitely come into play in some minds. If you can turn just 2-5% of Republicans and say an additional 5-8% of independents (and not to mention additional votes from some Dems who voted for trump), that will be huge. Hillary didn't lose (per se) because of her "over concentration on character and personality of trump." The "un-ending" investigation and the James Comey October surprise, is what did her in. And remember, it was still a very close election; she only lost by 77,000 votes (I think that's the number) from three crucial states.

So I do think ads like this can be effective. Joe (and the Dems) need to point-out how much of an a$$-clown trump has been at home and around the world as our leader and President (and not just a 2016 candidate).
Cinemark

« Reply #1930 on: December 05, 2019, 07:21:36 PM »

When I saw people speculating that Democrats were gonna run a candidate similar to Trump in 2020, I didn't think it would turn out to be Biden.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1931 on: December 05, 2019, 08:06:55 PM »

For his family’s sake, Biden needs to drop out. This can’t be the last image they have of his long political career
bilaps
« Reply #1932 on: December 05, 2019, 08:38:55 PM »

Lol. He's fighting like a child for himself and his son, his family, he's not fighting for you, or for the issues. Guy asking a question didn't do a good job too but the question is legit and his answer is not.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1933 on: December 05, 2019, 09:16:28 PM »

centrists are afraid to give people healthcare but they have no problem challenging voters to iq tests. got it.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1934 on: December 05, 2019, 09:58:26 PM »

Lol. He's fighting like a child for himself and his son, his family, he's not fighting for you, or for the issues. Guy asking a question didn't do a good job too but the question is legit and his answer is not.
On the contrary, he is responding to somebody who has a clear motive in that he is trying to trip up Biden. Considering this, Biden had some class in his response.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1935 on: December 06, 2019, 12:53:06 AM »

Random thought, but I wonder if Buttigieg's rise (and also Bloomberg's entrance) has been/will be a blessing in disguise for Biden, in that it takes some of the heat off from those on the left, and makes Biden seem more acceptable in comparison.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #1936 on: December 06, 2019, 01:04:48 AM »

This clip actually sealed the deal for my parents. My dad said "I want someone with f****** balls".

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1937 on: December 06, 2019, 01:11:23 AM »

This clip actually sealed the deal for my parents. My dad said "I want someone with f****** balls".

Well ... I guess he wont be voting for Warren.
Smiley
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1938 on: December 06, 2019, 01:24:40 AM »

Quite honestly, that actually raised my opinion of Biden several notches -and that's coming from an Elizabeth Warren supporter.  That questioner was clearly a Trumpist troll who is just as dishonest as the Orange Clown in the White House posing as if he is some sort of swing voter.  I am surprised more people didn't pick up on his act.  
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1939 on: December 06, 2019, 02:31:12 AM »

Nothing says "balls" like getting into a fight with a senior citizen in a high school cafeteria in bumfck, Iowa. Bleak stuff, folks!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1940 on: December 06, 2019, 08:28:45 AM »

It's one thing to challenge what the man said which was false or as ole Joe would say "a bunch of malarkey." It's another to go overboard and challenge him into fitness and IQ tests. He could've left that part out, in my opinion.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1941 on: December 06, 2019, 08:50:20 AM »

It's one thing to challenge what the man said which was false or as ole Joe would say "a bunch of malarkey." It's another to go overboard and challenge him into fitness and IQ tests. He could've left that part out, in my opinion.

The man said he was spineless and too old to be President. Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1942 on: December 06, 2019, 09:31:22 AM »

Trump vs Biden debates will be real classy. Both will take shots insulting each other. Maybe Biden will challenge Trump to a fist fight.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1943 on: December 06, 2019, 09:59:29 AM »

I would have handled the (ridiculous) points differently, but Biden's response and this recent campaign ad give me some needed reassurance he may be up to running a GE campaign. We need someone who can fight and not just cite, as important as they are, detailled plans. This is the old Joe Biden we know, who wanted take Trump behind the gym and beat the hell out of him for sexism. It's not how I would handle it, but if this makes Biden feel comfortable, it's to his credit because it let's him appear more authentic.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a small polling bump for him the next few days.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1944 on: December 06, 2019, 10:41:08 AM »

You have to deal with lying ass people directly and clearly. The man knew what he was saying was a lie and said it only to troll. Trump is trying to repeat 2016 all over again with lies and misrepresentations against his opponent. If someone lies on you then you should set them straight.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1945 on: December 06, 2019, 12:10:21 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2019, 12:16:07 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Nothing says "balls" like getting into a fight with a senior citizen in a high school cafeteria in bumfck, Iowa. Bleak stuff, folks!

For your information ...
Older folk who will gather in many high school cafeterias throughout Iowa on February 3, will be a pivotal day in 2020 presidential politics.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1946 on: December 06, 2019, 12:52:28 PM »

I would have handled the (ridiculous) points differently, but Biden's response and this recent campaign ad give me some needed reassurance he may be up to running a GE campaign. We need someone who can fight and not just cite, as important as they are, detailled plans. This is the old Joe Biden we know, who wanted take Trump behind the gym and beat the hell out of him for sexism. It's not how I would handle it, but if this makes Biden feel comfortable, it's to his credit because it let's him appear more authentic.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a small polling bump for him the next few days.

Challenging a voter to a push up contest is going to get Biden a bump in the polls & will make him a stronger GE Candidate ! I guess challenging Trump on the level of stupidity of responses will give people a bump in the polls !
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1947 on: December 06, 2019, 01:11:21 PM »

As tradition even though it's not needed...

Locking. New thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=349905.0
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies