Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 03:13:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 106192 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: December 03, 2019, 02:49:24 PM »

WTF. Who says stuff like this? So weird and creepy while he's surrounded by kids.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1876 on: December 03, 2019, 02:51:15 PM »

If he tried being the first major presidential candidate to not say one word throughout the election year, I think he'd do pretty darn well.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1877 on: December 03, 2019, 02:53:57 PM »

I am sure atlas users, "right" and left, will still support him, and call me an idiot or mention Donald Trump as an excuse.

You are an idiot, because you ruined my lunch. I feel like vomiting after reading this.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1878 on: December 03, 2019, 02:55:04 PM »

If he wasn't running for president....you'd say a guy like that should be out in the street, shouting and hollering with a cardboard sign and selling pencils from a cup.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1879 on: December 03, 2019, 03:11:12 PM »

That comment is weird, but you'd have to be one hell of a snowflake to actually be offended by it or something.

It is ok to be offended by pedophilia
No sane person on here believes that Joe Biden is a pedophile. It just a conspiracy theory propagated by the right and ideological leftists who are mad because Biden doesn't check every box on their list. You can disagree with Biden on policies but its stuff like this that shows how immature, petty, and ineffective you guys really are.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1880 on: December 03, 2019, 03:16:23 PM »

Joe Biden says something weird = Here we have it again, Creepy Joe, he's pedophile and sexist.

Donald J. Trump brags about abusing women, calls them horsefaces, dogs and fat pigs = Well, he's unconventional and authentic and he always speaks his mind. How refreshing!
Roblox

« Reply #1881 on: December 03, 2019, 03:19:39 PM »

And this guy will probably be the nominee because "muh electability" and "muh Obama", only to be trailing by 1% in Wisconsin at 2 am on November 4th.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1882 on: December 03, 2019, 03:20:50 PM »

Maybe it's not as common in Western/normal American culture, but I can totally relate to what Biden is saying. It's affectionate and showing love physically within the family in cute ways. There is not anything creepy, sexual, pedophilloic, etc. about it. You are way overthinking it. Many families have their weird ways of showing affection like that. For instances sitting on grandpa's lap, how is that wrong? It's perfectly fine for mall santas. There is not anything inappropriate about it unless you go into the gutter with your mind. Go Uncle Joe!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1883 on: December 03, 2019, 03:27:59 PM »

Desperation is setting in and it's only December.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1884 on: December 03, 2019, 04:41:49 PM »

Why must we merge every single thread into a "megathread"? Is it not okay to have different threads on different topics?
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1885 on: December 03, 2019, 06:22:05 PM »

And by the way you know I sh**t on the stand, and uh I get hot. And I got hairy legs, that turn, that-that-that uh, turn uh um.. blond in the sun! And the kids used to come and reach in the pool, and rub the leg down, and watch the hair come cumcum back up again.

And they'd look at it Wink.

So I learned about roaches and I learned about kids jumping on my lap.

And I love kids jumping on my lap! =)
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1886 on: December 03, 2019, 07:07:48 PM »

Why must we merge every single thread into a "megathread"? Is it not okay to have different threads on different topics?

If multiple people ask, I'll re-split this individual one up. I'd prefer to see consolidated threads but I realize megathreads have drawbacks as well, especially when it's actual campaign news and not just generic "What happens if Biden....".
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #1887 on: December 03, 2019, 07:13:31 PM »

Biden's comments about his "leg hair" were disgusting and cringe-worthy. This is not a man who has any common decency about himself. I wish he will be the nominee so that Trump can demolish him in the general election. But in all honesty, if he keeps it up he'll find himself in 4th in Iowa, 3rd or worse in NH, losing NV in 3rd, and maybe ceding SC to Booker.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #1888 on: December 03, 2019, 08:05:27 PM »

Joe Biden says something weird = Here we have it again, Creepy Joe, he's pedophile and sexist.

Donald J. Trump brags about abusing women, calls them horsefaces, dogs and fat pigs = Well, he's unconventional and authentic and he always speaks his mind. How refreshing!

Except it's the same activists loudest about Trump who are loudest about Biden. It's bizarre to me that what you are citing as an argument for Biden is actually to most young people the most potent argument against Biden: he's not that different from Trump.

I'm not as optimistic about other leftists about the party nominating him, but this line of thought is exactly why I am pessimistic about his chances. His own supporters' defenses of him read like attack ads. Would truly be insane to nominate him.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #1889 on: December 04, 2019, 04:48:24 AM »

Biden struts as his rivals bite the dust

Joe Biden’s feeling awfully confident these days.

The former vice president thinks he doesn't need Barack Obama to win the primary. He seemed to mock the ideas that there's enthusiasm for Elizabeth Warren or that Pete Buttigieg came up with his own plans. And he professed to be untroubled by the possibility of Mike Bloomberg dropping $1 billion to beat him out for the nomination.

Story Continued Below
Biden is dripping with confidence as he tours Iowa two months before the state’s caucuses, after endless predictions his candidacy would have crumbled by now. Instead, the candidates who pitched themselves as Biden alternatives are the ones dropping.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/03/biden-2020-rivals-074987
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #1890 on: December 04, 2019, 05:06:03 AM »

The other candidates need to destroy Biden's electability argument, this is the only reason he is still at around 27%, I don't know how they do it though. There's no statistical basis for it, in the nyt polls he was only doing 1% better than Bernie which is basically no difference and in the latest Marquette poll his numbers with independents are identical to Bernie, maybe the other democrats just need to post polls non-stop showing how Biden is doing no better. Somehow they have to break the idea Biden is more 'electable' that exists in voters minds.

Partially the media is helping Biden here, they keep talking about how the Midwest will be the key region in 2020 and have managed to convince dem primary voters that Biden has some special appeal to white working class voters in that area although there's no statistical evidence of that. Biden is literally matching or doing worse than Sanders in states like Michigan and Wisconsin, but the media hates Bernie so they'll never talk about this fact.

I mean the fact that in the latest Marquette poll, Bernie is beating Trump by 11% among union members whereas Biden is only winning by 8% kind of says it all, Bernie has far more appeal to Trump voters in states like Wisconsin than Biden does, the media though will never admit that.

heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1891 on: December 04, 2019, 11:31:23 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2019, 11:42:58 AM by heatcharger »

I mean the fact that in the latest Marquette poll, Bernie is beating Trump by 11% among union members whereas Biden is only winning by 8% kind of says it all, Bernie has far more appeal to Trump voters in states like Wisconsin than Biden does, the media though will never admit that.  

Noted moron Annatar knew nothing about polling before, but revealing that you draw major conclusions from a subsample of n=70 wasn't a good look!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1892 on: December 04, 2019, 01:23:20 PM »

Joe Biden veep watch:

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1893 on: December 04, 2019, 01:27:52 PM »

Harris is from CA, a safe D state, Sally Yates, from GA, will be great as a swing state Veep
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1894 on: December 04, 2019, 04:33:30 PM »

The best way to dismantle Biden's appeal to electability would be to show that he is old, exhausted, and out-of-touch. A nod to the corruption implicit in the Hunter Biden fiasco might help, too.

Harris, Castro, and Booker are the only candidates to make so much as a attempt at taking down Biden so far: The success of Harris's was short-lived, Castro's immediately backfired, and Booker's had no impact. Moreover, in no case did the candidate stick to their critique - it was just a line at a debate meant to draw attention.

Everyone else is too old and perhaps too concerned that showing disrespect to Biden means showing disrespect to black voters by proxy. For example, Warren has been more forceful in her criticism of Pete Buttigieg's moderation even as Biden continues to draw several times Mayor Pete's support.

Several prominent Atlas posters have warned that Democrats risk a repeat of how Republicans ignored Donald Trump in 2016. Candidates are ignoring a superficially weak frontrunner under the assumption that they can overtake him without challenging his "lane." This is o/c how 30% creeps upward to 35%, then 40%, at which point the candidate is winning most states against divided opposition.

It's getting extremely frustrating. Biden has a lot to answer for, he's running a sh!t campaign, and he seems incapable of speaking to large swathes of the party. Why is no one talking about this?

Biden is also extraordinarily lucky that his most prominent challenger is older than he is. If Bloomberg has any staying power, and we lose Warren and Buttigieg to attrition by Super Tuesday, this could become, improbably, a race in which Biden is the youngest credible candidate among the final three.

TBF, Biden has run as good as he could considering his natural limits.
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #1895 on: December 04, 2019, 05:44:40 PM »

Noted moron Annatar knew nothing about polling before, but revealing that you draw major conclusions from a subsample of n=70 wasn't a good look!

I agree the sub-sample is small but clearly there’s no evidence Bernie is doing worse with union voters than Biden.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1896 on: December 04, 2019, 07:16:25 PM »

Joe Biden veep watch:

Now this would be an interesting pairing. I could get behind it.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1897 on: December 04, 2019, 07:40:42 PM »

Joe Biden veep watch:

Her as a Supreme Court Justice would piss off so many people, it would be glorious!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1898 on: December 04, 2019, 07:47:10 PM »

Joe Biden veep watch:

Her as a Supreme Court Justice would piss off so many people, it would be glorious!

I wish she was there or lobbied for that instead of running for the Senate in the first place!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1899 on: December 04, 2019, 08:33:20 PM »

https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-tax-plan-818c3f8f-0a9e-4304-a98e-ebb984e10ef5.html

Biden releases tax plan, raises taxes on corporations to 28% from 21%

Biden is gonna pick Yates whom come from GA. No need to pick Harris from CA. He only mentioned Harris to me placed as Veep to shore up his AA,support in SC
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies