Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:43:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 105394 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: November 21, 2019, 01:13:06 PM »

The WI poll is bad news for Biden, he supposed to be crushing Trump
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1801 on: November 21, 2019, 01:41:47 PM »

Trump will badly damage Biden in the debates though.

1994 Crime Bill - Written by Biden, 1st Step act passed by Trump
Iraq War - Biden was the chief architect while Trump claims to oppose the war
NAFTA - Biden's support will damage him badly in the Mid-Western states.

Along with Biden's gaffes, he is the weakest candidate to go against Trump on a debate stage.

Trump's debate abilities are vastly overrated. He's talking nonsense with no substance because he doesn't know and doesn't care about most issues. Joe Biden is much better at debating Republicans than he's in a primary debate and he will moop the floor with Trump.

Trump has zero credibility to criticize Biden on any of these issues. This is a guy who has demeaned minorities and women, put children in cages and shown multiple bad judgment on foreign policy. He's been acting like a fool on the world stage with a naive view; he's cosying up to dictators and abandoning allies. Joe Biden can put up his record of accomplishments in the senate and as vice president any day of the weeks against a fraud like Trump. Let alone personal integrity. Give me a break.
Higgins
« Reply #1802 on: November 21, 2019, 07:30:15 PM »

Trump will badly damage Biden in the debates though.

1994 Crime Bill - Written by Biden, 1st Step act passed by Trump
Iraq War - Biden was the chief architect while Trump claims to oppose the war
NAFTA - Biden's support will damage him badly in the Mid-Western states.

Along with Biden's gaffes, he is the weakest candidate to go against Trump on a debate stage.

Trump's debate abilities are vastly overrated. He's talking nonsense with no substance because he doesn't know and doesn't care about most issues. Joe Biden is much better at debating Republicans than he's in a primary debate and he will moop the floor with Trump.

Trump has zero credibility to criticize Biden on any of these issues. This is a guy who has demeaned minorities and women, put children in cages and shown multiple bad judgment on foreign policy. He's been acting like a fool on the world stage with a naive view; he's cosying up to dictators and abandoning allies. Joe Biden can put up his record of accomplishments in the senate and as vice president any day of the weeks against a fraud like Trump. Let alone personal integrity. Give me a break.

Thing is that's kind of a strength of Trump. His talking nonsense. Joe Blow America is not as intelligent, or as well versed on the issues as your average Atlas user. Trump has perfected what my old man long ago termed the art of "baffling [people] with bulls*it." He talks a lot of nonsense that seems tough, makes for strong soundbites but ultimately doesn't really make much sense - but plays good to the entertainment media which has gradually dumbed down your average Americans' knowledge and attention span.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1803 on: November 21, 2019, 07:44:13 PM »

The nominating process isnt over, Buttigieg is a rising star, we can criticize Biden as we like until June. Biden is critical of his opponents and he isnt the nominee. We will come together,  hopefully behind Buttigieg, in June
Higgins
« Reply #1804 on: November 21, 2019, 08:17:03 PM »

The nominating process isnt over, Buttigieg is a rising star, we can criticize Biden as we like until June. Biden is critical of his opponents and he isnt the nominee. We will come together,  hopefully behind Buttigieg, in June

Nah, it'll be behind Biden, or I'll be voting Trump.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1805 on: November 21, 2019, 08:53:49 PM »

All the candidates and Trump have more money than Biden. We find out Biden is crooked like Hilary, and people like Sanders are exposing Biden
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1806 on: November 21, 2019, 09:10:35 PM »

Biden tells protesters to vote Trump.

A+ Strategy
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1807 on: November 21, 2019, 09:22:26 PM »

Promising to end all deportations is an insane thing to do. Good for Joe.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1808 on: November 21, 2019, 09:47:07 PM »

Good to see Joe endorsing his fellow Republican
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1809 on: November 22, 2019, 12:55:46 PM »

This guy's doing all he can to ensure that young voters stay home or vote third party and Trump gets reelected.  F#ck this condescending ass clown.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1810 on: November 22, 2019, 01:00:31 PM »

This guy's doing all he can to ensure that young voters stay home or vote third party and Trump gets reelected.  F#ck this condescending ass clown.
Combine that with the Hunter Biden fiasco.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1811 on: November 22, 2019, 01:05:08 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2019, 01:18:59 PM by President Johnson »

Then you guys deserve Trump.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1812 on: November 22, 2019, 01:10:49 PM »

Heaven forbid Joe Biden should get offended when people accuse him, without any evidence, of being corrupt.

At least someone is finally calling Bernie Sanders out for this BS he always pulls.  "Everyone is corrupt, and I am the only righteous man."  Except, of course, Bernie is the only person on stage who has actually changed his vote due to donations -- he was the NRA's puppet in Congress for most of his career.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1813 on: November 22, 2019, 01:35:15 PM »

Heaven forbid Joe Biden should get offended when people accuse him, without any evidence, of being corrupt.

At least someone is finally calling Bernie Sanders out for this BS he always pulls.  "Everyone is corrupt, and I am the only righteous man."  Except, of course, Bernie is the only person on stage who has actually changed his vote due to donations -- he was the NRA's puppet in Congress for most of his career.

Biden who offended Blacks on busing and sexual harassed women, isn't corrupted, I dont know who is?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1814 on: November 22, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »

In every polling crosstab, he is running up the score with the olds

We know through ample data that old people turn out at far higher rate than young people in primaries. It’s a way more extreme gap than in general elections.
Gone to Carolina
SaltGiver
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1815 on: November 22, 2019, 02:01:43 PM »

Not necessarily it would be what the polls think the age composition of the electorate will be relative to the actual composition. But yeah, if polls underestimate the elderly's composition then Biden would be one of the main beneficiaries.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1816 on: November 22, 2019, 02:31:08 PM »

Hilary Clinton ran up the score with olds and then they voted Trump in GE, but Buttigieg or Sanders, not Warren can beat him in IA, NH and NV. Sanders does well with Latinos, too
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1817 on: November 22, 2019, 03:16:49 PM »

I think Biden is probably the likeliest of the leaders to outperform in primaries but underperform in caucuses (possibly significantly) much like Clinton in 2016
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1818 on: November 22, 2019, 07:05:27 PM »

The New Jersey Democratic presidential primary will be held in June, we do not know if people will vote then because the nomination could be decided by then.

If the nomination is still being contested then, what would be Joe Biden's best areas in Middlesex County, NJ?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1819 on: November 22, 2019, 07:11:48 PM »

The areas around IN are Buttigieg best areas, Pete is getting Labour union endorsements, I am all in for Pete, against Biden
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1820 on: November 22, 2019, 10:07:06 PM »

All we know is Harris, Warren and Buttigieg have gotten bumps, and 2/3 have fizzled; as a result,  we haven't had a Sanders bump yet. Time will tell.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1821 on: November 22, 2019, 11:02:57 PM »

What Joe Biden Can’t Bring Himself to Say (John Hendrickson, The Atlantic)

After saying he doesn’t remember, Biden opines: “I’m everybody’s target; they have to take me down. And so, what I found is—not anymore—I’ve found that it’s difficult to deal with some of the criticism, based on the nature of the person directing the criticism. It’s awful hard to be, to respond the same way in a national debate—especially when you’re, you know, the guy who is characterized as the white-guy-of-­privilege kind of thing—to turn and say to someone who says, ‘I’m not saying you’re a racist, but …’ and know you’re being set up. So I have to admit to you, I found my mind going, What the hell? How do I respond to that? Because I know she’s being completely unfair.”

I eventually realize that he’s describing the moment from the first debate, when Harris criticized his record on race.

“These aren’t debates,” he continues. “These are one-minute assertions. And I don’t think there’s anybody who hasn’t been taking shots at me, which is okay. I’m a big boy, don’t get me wrong.”

Listening back to that part of the conversation after our interview made me feel dizzy. I can only speculate as to why Biden’s campaign agreed to this interview, but I assume the reasoning went something like this: If Biden disclosed to me, a person who stutters, that he himself still actively stutters, perhaps voters would cut him some slack when it comes to verbal misfires, as well as errors that seem more related to memory and cognition. But whenever I asked Biden about what appeared to be his present-day stuttering, the notably verbose candidate became clipped, or said he didn’t remember, or spun off to somewhere new.

I wondered if I reminded Biden of his old self, a ghost from his youth, the stutterer he used to be. He and I are about the same height. We happened to be wearing the exact same outfit that day: navy suit, white shirt, no tie. We both went to all-male prep schools, the sort of place where displaying any weakness is a liability.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1822 on: November 23, 2019, 12:57:30 AM »

Biden is terrible, I really hope he doesn't get nominated. How can he represent the future of the Democratic party?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1823 on: November 23, 2019, 01:57:25 PM »

Great interview: Joe Biden lashes against Trump sellout Lindsey Graham

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1824 on: November 23, 2019, 05:02:26 PM »

Great interview: Joe Biden lashes against Trump sellout Lindsey Graham

I thought Republicans would have an epiphany after Trump Uncle Joe? Sad....all those decades of "Republicans whisperer" Joe engaging in bipartisanship and the GOP rewarded him with a bunch of investigations and letting Trump break the law to get dirt on him.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies