Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 11:40:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 107162 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: November 15, 2019, 09:45:16 PM »

If Biden cant win in IA, which was his base state,  due to WC, he wont win the nomination.  He may win SC, a base state for him, but states like Va, NC, and TX will go to Warren. Blacks will learn to like Buttigieg and Warren.

The Citizens United and campaign issue go to the heart of the Ukraine corruption,  Hunter Biden, Stone, Trump were all apart of. GO Warren😍
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1751 on: November 15, 2019, 09:59:40 PM »

I finally tracked down this Biden classic, featuring Ol' Dirty Bastard.

https://youtu.be/508aCh2eVOI?t=80

Just a nice reminder that Biden's gaffe-prone nature was seen as a charming personality quirk for a decade before he ran for president and it became indisputable evidence of dementia.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1752 on: November 16, 2019, 11:25:07 AM »

Biden's consistently strong general election polling is making me think about switching from being Lean Warren to Lean Biden. I'd moderately prefer Warren as president (first woman + more liberal), but winning the Senate is of paramount importance so anything that could boost Democrats in the general election at least seems worth considering.

RCP presidential election polling averages vs. Trump in states with a competitive Senate election:

AZ: Biden +1.7, Warren -0.7
GA*: Biden +5.5, Warren +0.5
IA: Biden -1.5, Warren -4.5
ME: Biden +10.0, Warren +7.0
MI: Biden +7.7, Warren +3.0
NH*: Biden +9.0, Warren -2.0
NC: Biden +3.4, Warren -0.4
TX: Biden -0.3, Warren -4.0

*For GA, I averaged together a Zogby poll and a UGA poll, for NH I used a September Emerson poll
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1753 on: November 16, 2019, 11:29:17 AM »

We dont know the domino effect of polling has on other states until the primary season begins. Of course Biden is doing well in polling, but when Trump starts his offensive on Biden, he will get Biden dirty and unleash ads on Biden like Clinton, about the corruption of Ukraine. That is what Veepstakes are for, Buttigieg has WC appeal as Biden, but other people should be considered as well
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1754 on: November 16, 2019, 11:45:36 AM »

We dont know the domino effect of polling has on other states until the primary season begins. Of course Biden is doing well in polling, but when Trump starts his offensive on Biden, he will get Biden dirty and unleash ads on Biden like Clinton, about the corruption of Ukraine. That is what Veepstakes are for, Buttigieg has WC appeal as Biden, but other people should be considered as well

Trump has already started his offensive on Biden, have you not been paying attention?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1755 on: November 16, 2019, 02:02:22 PM »

Joe Biden has a Super Tuesday approach to the Primary, which is a GE strategy, but Warren and Pete will gain momentum after their 1st and 2nd place finish, in IA, NH and NV; as a result, after Southern primaries are over and Biden has to win North, again and loses California, Warren will have more delegates.
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #1756 on: November 17, 2019, 08:47:53 AM »

Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #1757 on: November 17, 2019, 08:33:50 PM »

Biden says he won’t legalize Marijuana and claims that it is a gateway drug.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/470861-biden-says-he-wont-legalize-marijuana-because-it-may-be-a-gateway-drug

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1758 on: November 17, 2019, 08:35:53 PM »

Are you s***ing me? Him endorsing its legalization, or even just decriminalization could have been a major boon to his campaign.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1759 on: November 18, 2019, 03:43:48 AM »

CNN is doing townhalls again? If they are giving Biden a townhall they should give the other candidates one as well. I'd like to see Warren have a chance to respond to this.

CNN wants Biden to win since he's the most likely Democrat to keep the ratings-driving sh**tshow going.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1760 on: November 18, 2019, 08:53:55 AM »

CNN is doing townhalls again? If they are giving Biden a townhall they should give the other candidates one as well. I'd like to see Warren have a chance to respond to this.

CNN wants Biden to win since he's the most likely Democrat to keep the ratings-driving sh**tshow going.

How is Biden bound to keep the ratings going when he is the least newsworthy candidate of all? He doesn't have any positions that are particularly attention-grabbing, his gaffes have slowed and aren't newsworthy anymore, and the Hunter Biden story will stay in the spotlight with or without him as the nominee. If any candidate has been favored by the media its Warren with her constant glowing coverage for the past six months.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1761 on: November 18, 2019, 09:54:04 AM »

Biden and his agenda is Obama's agenda: permanent tax cuts for middle class, immigration reform, gun control, DC statehood, and campaign finance reform. Reform filibuster and he hasnt closed the door on CRT packing.

As a result, Medicare for all is a good sell, but homecare is the goal, than leaving patients in hospitals and nursing homes. That's why palliative care is being used more often these days for cancer and dialysis patients.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1762 on: November 18, 2019, 09:57:58 AM »

Biden now the only major Dem candidate not calling for legalization of pot. Even Kamala Harris is for legalization.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1763 on: November 18, 2019, 02:03:52 PM »

Biden now the only major Dem candidate not calling for legalization of pot. Even Kamala Harris is for legalization.
The old people who support him don't care. He only backtracked on Hyde because he feared the wrath of pro-choice orgs that carry weight. There's no pro-legalization equivalent to scare him into flip flopping.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1764 on: November 18, 2019, 03:47:42 PM »

Yeah...I'm officially done with Biden. I'd vote for him if he became the nominee. But let me tell you, I would not at all excited to vote for a soon to be 79 year old (by inauguration day 2021) who should have run in 2016 and continues to have policies straight out of the 1980s (standing by his past record of being against busing to desegregate schools, being against Marijuana legalization, I'm sure there are others I can't think of currently).
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1765 on: November 18, 2019, 04:05:55 PM »

The old people who support him don't care. He only backtracked on Hyde because he feared the wrath of pro-choice orgs that carry weight. There's no pro-legalization equivalent to scare him into flip flopping.

Trump could literally outflank Biden on this issue if he wants.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1766 on: November 18, 2019, 05:39:36 PM »

Yeah...I'm officially done with Biden. I'd vote for him if he became the nominee. But let me tell you, I would not at all excited to vote for a soon to be 79 year old (by inauguration day 2021) who should have run in 2016 and continues to have policies straight out of the 1980s (standing by his past record of being against busing to desegregate schools, being against Marijuana legalization, I'm sure there are others I can't think of currently).

Misleading headline.  Here is the actual quote.

“The truth of the matter is, there’s not nearly been enough evidence that has been acquired as to whether or not it is a gateway drug,” Biden said, according to Business Insider. “It’s a debate, and I want a lot more before I legalize it nationally. I want to make sure we know a lot more about the science behind it.”

Biden, as he has throughout his time on the campaign trail, said he supports medical marijuana and insisted possession of the substance "should not be a crime."

But he also said Saturday that he thinks the decision to legalize marijuana should be left up to individual states.

“States should be able to make a judgment to legalize marijuana,” he said at the town hall.

As for legalization on a federal level, Biden said more research is needed.

"It is not irrational to do more scientific investigation to determine, which we have not done significantly enough, whether or not there are any things that relate to whether it's a gateway drug or not," Biden said.

So in summary:

Biden supports decriminalization of marijuana
Biden supports allowing states to legalize marijuana
Biden wants more research done on marijuana impact before legalizing it at the federal level, which would force all states to legalize it.

Basically his position is "you can legalize it if you want, but I don't know enough yet to FORCE you to."

Much more nuanced than "lol weed bad"
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1767 on: November 18, 2019, 06:56:47 PM »

“The truth of the matter is, there’s not nearly been enough evidence that has been acquired as to whether or not it is a gateway drug,” Biden said, according to Business Insider. “It’s a debate, and I want a lot more before I legalize it nationally. I want to make sure we know a lot more about the science behind it.”

Biden, as he has throughout his time on the campaign trail, said he supports medical marijuana and insisted possession of the substance "should not be a crime."

But he also said Saturday that he thinks the decision to legalize marijuana should be left up to individual states.

“States should be able to make a judgment to legalize marijuana,” he said at the town hall.

"It is not irrational to do more scientific investigation to determine, which we have not done significantly enough, whether or not there are any things that relate to whether it's a gateway drug or not," Biden said.

So in summary:

Biden wants more research done on marijuana impact before legalizing it at the federal level, which would force all states to legalize it.

Basically his position is "you can legalize it if you want, but I don't know enough yet to FORCE you to."

Just like Goldwater's civil rights position!  State's Rights errybody!
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1768 on: November 18, 2019, 07:21:44 PM »

That's right, civil rights for people of all races is exactly the same thing as letting NEETs hit their bongs legally.
Higgins
« Reply #1769 on: November 18, 2019, 07:42:45 PM »

So in summary:

You’re gonna equate the right to be a pothead burnout to having equality, having the right to vote and being treated as a human being? Classy.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1770 on: November 18, 2019, 08:00:40 PM »

That's right, civil rights for people of all races is exactly the same thing as letting NEETs hit their bongs legally.

Of course.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1771 on: November 18, 2019, 08:03:52 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2019, 09:26:04 PM by Speaker OneJ »

I could see if this country was 50/50 or below on the issue of marijuana legalization and far less states had passed it, but ~2/3rds of the public approves of it and he won’t get hurt for coming out in support of it. He might as well fully support legalizing weed.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #1772 on: November 18, 2019, 08:06:36 PM »

I'm starting to think Biden has a chance at the nomination. He may be unpopular with the Democrats on the culture front, but he has the numbers to make it through the primaries and Warren hasn't surged as much as I expected.

Funny enough, in 2017, I thought it would come down to Harris and Warren.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1773 on: November 18, 2019, 09:45:49 PM »

The Dems condenced the primary so that Biden or the frontrunner will win on Super Tuesday. Early voting begins on the same day IA and NH votes, in the Super Tuesday states, so even if an insurgent comes out on top, Biden, will win the diverse states on Super Tuesday. Before, Iowa and NH voted in Jan, enough time for an insurgent
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1774 on: November 18, 2019, 09:46:32 PM »

Misleading headline.  Here is the actual quote.

So in summary:

I'll reserve my opinion until Biden states his position on federal banking laws for states that have legalized. I'd say that's a more damning obstacle to legalization, at this juncture, than re-scheduling
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies