Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:01:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 103581 times)
tallguy23
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1900 on: December 04, 2019, 10:36:55 PM »

Best ad of the primary season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUSdf-_xmJg
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1901 on: December 04, 2019, 10:42:02 PM »

These kinds of ads are why I have faith in Joe to beat Trump.  It's strong, to-the-point, doesn't waste time preaching to the choir like so many Hillary ads did.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1902 on: December 04, 2019, 10:57:23 PM »

Reminds me of Biden's message in 2012. "Osama Bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive." If Biden can make such a clear, effective, and undeniable pitches to the voters, we might just have a shot at this election.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1903 on: December 04, 2019, 11:52:00 PM »

Reminds me of Biden's message in 2012. "Osama Bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive." If Biden can make such a clear, effective, and undeniable pitches to the voters, we might just have a shot at this election.

Yep. It's just one ad, but wow. It pulls no punches, and is both blunt and damning, without even a hint of sleazy reek that follows Donald and his Republicans around.

(The one massive downside is that if Biden wins the nomination on a tide of "get rid of Trump", the Democrats are opening themselves up to being utterly crushed if Mr. Trump resigns (or is impeached) and the GOP pivots to a younger and more dynamic candidate.)
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1904 on: December 05, 2019, 12:13:03 PM »

I quite liked the Biden ad about Trump.

The other candidates need to destroy Biden's electability argument, this is the only reason he is still at around 27%, I don't know how they do it though. There's no statistical basis for it,

Biden may well be less electable than his supporters argue, but he generally runs ahead of other Democrats in both state and national polls. His national RCP average, for example, is +9.9, while Sanders is at +8.5 and Warren is at +7.3. And he runs ahead of Sanders and Warren in a clear majority of states according to RCP's averages (although he's essentially tied with Sanders in NV, MI, and IA).
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1905 on: December 05, 2019, 12:15:31 PM »

Joe Biden endorsed by John Kerry!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1906 on: December 05, 2019, 12:19:35 PM »

Very Similar to the Clinton ads of 2016 which were even better. Frankly some of them were amazing Negative ads vs Trump.

However, in the end the vitriol vs Trump added nothing & Clinton ran the most policy free ads in decades & lost big. I guess Biden is a poor man's Clinton !
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1907 on: December 05, 2019, 01:05:33 PM »

Big gamechanger
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1908 on: December 05, 2019, 02:37:08 PM »

Wow!

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1909 on: December 05, 2019, 02:40:35 PM »

I absolutely love this Biden For President ad.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1910 on: December 05, 2019, 02:46:32 PM »

Gotta admit, it’s moments like this that make me more okay with Biden as the nominee. At least he’s got the backbone to push back hard on BS, unlike a lot of those in the party.

If Hillary would’ve done the same when Trump lies instead of “Go look at my website” then maybe we’d be in a better place and a different race.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1911 on: December 05, 2019, 02:48:55 PM »

Gotta admit, it’s moments like this that make me more okay with Biden as the nominee. At least he’s got the backbone to push back hard on BS, unlike a lot of those in the party.

If Hillary would’ve done the same when Trump lies instead of “Go look at my website” then maybe we’d be in a better place and a different race.

Yeah, it reminds me a little of Ronald Reagan's "I paid for this microphone" moment, even though a different context. And it should put doubts to rest that Joe Biden actually can stand on a debate stage with Don the Con and hit him hard (aside from the fact he has more knowledge on the issues).
Roblox

« Reply #1912 on: December 05, 2019, 02:59:12 PM »

To be honest, I'm not sure why everyone thinks this ad would be super effective against Trump. While people should care about this sort of thing, many would just respond with "who cares about what foreigners think" or even some BS like "hah, Trump standing up to elites who gossip behind his back!". Basically, its the same kind of personality based attack that failed in 2016. I believe it would be more effective to go after Trump on his atrocious healthcare policies and his massive giveaways to corporations, to destroy his populist sthick.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1913 on: December 05, 2019, 03:03:06 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 07:20:07 PM by ProudModerate2 »

I agree with the commentators that some (but not much) of the "general questions" on this topic are fair.
But the guy said and inquired about dumb stuff and made stupid points. He worded the question(s) is such a way that makes him look like a dip-$hit. He accused Biden of "selling access to the President" (what ever that means), and some nonsense about how Hunter Biden has no "gas industry experience" to be on the Board.

You do NOT need experience that directly relates to the industry/company that you are going to sit on the Board of Directors, for. If this was the case, there would be many Board members all around the world (including many here in the US), that would not be "eligible" for the position. Actually, many Board members are sometimes selected intentionally as individuals outside of the industry, so as to be fair and independent in their decisions of said company.
Thus, the guy is talking from an ignorant point-of-view on how business/corporations work.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1914 on: December 05, 2019, 03:27:53 PM »

I can't believe people want this guy to be President.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1915 on: December 05, 2019, 03:28:54 PM »

Joseph R. "I love kids jumping on my lap" Biden isn't the candidate who can play this line of attack with strength, maybe Mayor Pete is though.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1916 on: December 05, 2019, 03:39:56 PM »

Joseph R. "I love kids jumping on my lap" Biden isn't the candidate who can play this line of attack with strength, maybe Mayor Pete is though.

But Don "I can grab women whereever I want" is? Lamo.

This is by far the best ad of the campaign so far. Actually all the Biden ads are pretty strong.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1917 on: December 05, 2019, 04:01:02 PM »

To be honest, I'm not sure why everyone thinks this ad would be super effective against Trump. While people should care about this sort of thing, many would just respond with "who cares about what foreigners think" or even some BS like "hah, Trump standing up to elites who gossip behind his back!". Basically, its the same kind of personality based attack that failed in 2016. I believe it would be more effective to go after Trump on his atrocious healthcare policies and his massive giveaways to corporations, to destroy his populist sthick.

I share that concern, I'm worried Biden will focus too much on attacking Trump on character and personality like Hillary Clinton did and won't have a strong policy message. I see a lot of Hillary 2016 parallels with Biden.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1918 on: December 05, 2019, 04:06:36 PM »

Yeah, Hunter Biden in fact had previous experience as a corporate board member, a position that typically involves corporate/financial decisions more than industry-specific decisions.  He got his baseline experience as part of a capital management firm, and before that he was vice-chairman of Amtrak, a position he got directly from George W Bush.  He also had a lot of international experience, at the think tank CSIS and managing Chinese capital.

So he actually was pretty well-qualified for the Burisma position.  I would imagine his experience in Washington DC and relationship with his father meant he knew better than most how to navigate US politics and foreign policy, which Burisma was particularly interested in.

I mean, I would probably have hired him.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1919 on: December 05, 2019, 04:38:19 PM »

My respect for Biden just massively went up

Looks just he still has some of that gusto.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1920 on: December 05, 2019, 04:42:47 PM »

My respect for Biden just massively went up

Looks just he still has some of that gusto.

Is this how boomers fight? Instead of just squaring up, do they just do pushups at each other until the other gets tired?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1921 on: December 05, 2019, 04:53:18 PM »

Is this how boomers fight? Instead of just squaring up, do they just do pushups at each other until the other gets tired?

I think the point was to prove Biden's physical fitness, since the guy told Biden he was too old.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1922 on: December 05, 2019, 05:31:29 PM »

Lol at thinking this is a negative for Biden. We need someone who can fight.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #1923 on: December 05, 2019, 05:35:45 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 05:40:47 PM by gottsu »

Typical Joe Biden whom I don't support.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1924 on: December 05, 2019, 05:51:06 PM »

I mean what would be the reaction if this was coming from Warren or Kamala even Pete? Seems strange how the tough guy act only seems to work for Biden? I also remember him saying he wanted to  fight Trump in a back alley or something it just comes off as cringy to me.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies