Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 03:26:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 51
Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 86523 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2019, 10:24:15 AM »

I think his path in the primary may be a little more difficult than others but he would be quite formidable in the GE.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2019, 10:32:52 AM »

I think his path in the primary may be a little more difficult than others but he would be quite formidable in the GE.

The debates are going to be pivotal for him, but it also helps that Texas is an early state.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2019, 10:43:29 AM »

This. Dominant performance in Texas, strong in the liberal northeast, Florida, and the west, good performances in the great plains, competitive with Kamala in California, and weakest in the Deep South and the Midwest.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2019, 11:01:16 AM »

Still supporting Kamala, but Beto is easily my second choice.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2019, 01:50:03 PM »

I’m not sure how much exists beyond the vague platitidues we all heard during the campaign (which works when you’re running against an actual monster like Ted Cruz).

He’s a great public speaker but if he’s not deep enough on policy I’m not sure how he’ll break out.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2019, 02:05:50 PM »

I’m not sure how much exists beyond the vague platitidues we all heard during the campaign (which works when you’re running against an actual monster like Ted Cruz).

He’s a great public speaker but if he’s not deep enough on policy I’m not sure how he’ll break out.

I'm old enough to remember these kinds of attacks used against Obama in 2007/2008.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2019, 02:15:44 PM »

I'm old enough to remember these kinds of attacks used against Obama in 2007/2008.
And Obama’s presidency was a giant missed opportunity.

People need to realize that the person we nominate against Trump needs to be able to actually be President and to force trough the vital changes our country needs. Trump isn’t the disease; he’s a symptom of a politics that has alienated millions. There is so much at stake, and if we waste this opportunity nominating someone who looks nice and says good things while failing to actually make necessary changes, whoever comes after will be even worse than Trump.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2019, 02:25:47 PM »

The last thing America needs is its own Macron. It's absolutely insane for a so called left wing party to nominate a Wall St lackey.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2019, 02:27:12 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2019, 03:35:38 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

The last thing America needs is its own Macron. It's absolutely insane for a so called left wing party to nominate a Wall St lackey.

That's what it's done for the last 7 Presidential elections.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2019, 02:29:36 PM »

el oh el.

Has Saint Bernard still not released his tax returns? What's he hiding?
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2019, 02:34:29 PM »

Remember that this forum really underestimated Beto in 2018 and I wouldn’t be surprised if y’all’re doing it again this year.

Yes, because a former three term Congressman who lost a Senate race to one of the most unpopular politicians in the country screams President.

Yes, because one of the least effective senators from one of the whitest, smallest states who lost a primary to one of the most unpopular politicians in the country does scream president?

Beto had brogressive credentials until he was a threat to St. Bernard. I’ll never forget Shadows proclamation that Beto was the most progressive politician in the country. Now he’s a right wing neoliberal cuck.

What disingenuous garbage. It wasn't until after the election that left wing journalists began to seriously dig into Beto's record and find out how awful he is (and were off course set upon by the corporate brigade of Tanden/Brock). TYT had to issue a video basically apologizing for not vetting Beto properly before interviewing him.

The idea that "brogressives" would have supported a Democrat that voted to deregulate Wall St if Bernie wasn't in the equation is either intellectual dishonesty or plain stupidity. Progressives clearly weren't aware he was a fraud at the time.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2019, 02:36:21 PM »

el oh el.

Has Saint Bernard still not released his tax returns? What's he hiding?

You deflect because you can't defend your dime store Macron voting to deregulate Wall St. Or maybe you're just another pro-choice Republican and like Wall St?
Izzyeviel
United Kingdom

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2019, 02:39:01 PM »

Makes sense for Beto to run for pres. Raises his profile and he won't win. Presuming he runs against Cruz again in 2024, he might stand a real chance of winning.

If he runs for senate again, he'll be that guy who keeps losing.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2019, 03:25:03 PM »

What disingenuous garbage. It wasn't until after the election that left wing journalists began to seriously dig into Beto's record and find out how awful he is (and were off course set upon by the corporate brigade of Tanden/Brock). TYT had to issue a video basically apologizing for not vetting Beto properly before interviewing him.

This is... weird, and doesn't give me much hope for the left wing movement if that's the case. "We were uninformed for the whole 20 months Beto was a candidate" is such a weird excuse, and it's not like policy positions and voting records are so hidden that "digging" is required. I dunno. Just feels like bad excuses.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2019, 03:25:20 PM »

And Obama’s presidency was a giant missed opportunity.

People need to realize that the person we nominate against Trump needs to be able to actually be President and to force trough the vital changes our country needs. Trump isn’t the disease; he’s a symptom of a politics that has alienated millions. There is so much at stake, and if we waste this opportunity nominating someone who looks nice and says good things while failing to actually make necessary changes, whoever comes after will be even worse than Trump.

Well when everyone gets behind Elizabeth Warren, I'll be waiting. Otherwise it doesn't seem like anyone on the current slate would make a good president (note I distinguish this from candidate).
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2019, 03:26:25 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2019, 03:55:44 PM »

I like how Beto already gets under Berniebros' skin. He must be doing something right.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2019, 04:08:24 PM »

Beto O'Rourke is an interesting candidate insofar as he exposes an important division among the left. Some of the left believes that their guiding principle should be the welfare of the little guy. Others believe that their guiding principle should be the works of Karl Marx.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2019, 04:17:32 PM »

Any progressive with any pretension of self awareness would know that Beto is an establishment shill with movie star looks, an attractive wife, and a nice home in whatever El Paso's version of Parkland, FL. He's ran a (frighteningly) good campaign against a popular incumbent basically arguing "vote for me 'cause I'm cool."

He's basically the white straight male version of Kamala Harris. I thought you'd all detest him, but I'm not surprised at certain posters who have neither 'nads nor spine. Any Democrat who would choose Beto over Kamala is basically an unconsciously bigoted person. 
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2019, 04:18:28 PM »

Any progressive with any pretension of self awareness would know that Beto is an establishment shill with movie star looks, an attractive wife, and a nice home in whatever El Paso's version of Parkland, FL. He's ran a (frighteningly) good campaign against a popular incumbent basically arguing "vote for me 'cause I'm cool."

He's basically the white straight male version of Kamala Harris. I thought you'd all detest him, but I'm not surprised at certain posters who have neither 'nads nor spine. Any Democrat who would choose Beto over Kamala is basically an unconsciously bigoted person. 

but beto swears and was in a band
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2019, 04:18:44 PM »

Beto O'Rourke is an interesting candidate insofar as he exposes an important division among the left. Some of the left believes that their guiding principle should be the welfare of the little guy. Others believe that their guiding principle should be the works of Karl Marx.
...and it's apparent Beto's got neither.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2019, 04:20:03 PM »

but beto swears and was in a band
HE CAN SKATEBOARD TOO!!!!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2019, 04:24:01 PM »

I like how Beto already gets under Berniebros' skin. He must be doing something right.

Must be his vote to deregulate Wall Street. Or his 47% rating from the Chamber of Commerce. Those are not progressive positions. It's depressing to have to explain that.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2019, 04:26:27 PM »

I wonder if Beto has ever prosecuted anyone for marijuana or campaigned against a ballot measure to legalize it.

Oh wait, he's actually supported marijuana legalization since he was a City Councilman and campaigned for it in his first campaign for Congress too.

Not even remotely similar to Harris.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2019, 04:29:17 PM »

According to Atlas, the man who ran on universal health care, $15 minimum wage, impeaching Trump, continued gun reform, preserving DACA, and getting corporate money out of politics in Texas is a Republican.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies