Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:19:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 51
Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 85888 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2019, 06:10:17 PM »

Anyway, keeping my mind open about this, but I want to see what he actually has to offer.

Random question, but how do I add a photo to my signature? I can’t seem to find out how.

Same as in posts, use [ img ] and [ \img ] tags around a URL (without the spaces in the brackets)

Do Imgur links work?

Forum has had troubles with Imgur in the past. Not sure what the status is now. Maybe use a different hosting service if possible. (Any subsequent questions just PM me)
TheBeardedOne
United States
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2019, 06:18:55 PM »

Anyway, keeping my mind open about this, but I want to see what he actually has to offer.

Random question, but how do I add a photo to my signature? I can’t seem to find out how.

Same as in posts, use [ img ] and [ \img ] tags around a URL (without the spaces in the brackets)

Do Imgur links work?

Forum has had troubles with Imgur in the past. Not sure what the status is now. Maybe use a different hosting service if possible. (Any subsequent questions just PM me)

Thanks, I finally got it.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2019, 06:22:09 PM »

Beto has a lot of nerve doing this to Bernie. He knows he's not gonna win, but plays spoiler for Harris? Disgusting. 
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2019, 06:25:35 PM »

He'll finish in at least the top four and end up on the ticket in one spot or another.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2019, 06:26:24 PM »

He'll finish in at least the top four and end up on the ticket in one spot or another.

Eh, I think Sanders still has a chance at the nom. And he doesn't pick Beto I don't think.

Also, Harris picking Beto definitely risks alienating progressives.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 06:26:57 PM »

John James did better Purple heart
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2019, 06:34:53 PM »

I think Beto's core constituency will be white Gen Xers and yuppies.  He might dip into Bernie's millennial base, but he'll have to work pretty hard to come close to overtaking him with that demographic.  Beyond that, I think we'll just have to see how his campaign takes off.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2019, 06:40:32 PM »

Friendly reminder that Beto voted down both nonlethal military aid to a democratic state actor and support for free media on the laughable grounds that it would involve the US in an Afghanistan-style war and belongs nowhere near executive power
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2019, 06:41:27 PM »

But he still voted to increase military spending under the Trump administration. A very odd voting record there.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2019, 06:41:58 PM »

Beto is even more of an empty suit than Julian Castro.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2019, 06:42:21 PM »

I really need to stop predicting people won't run. Everyone I've predicted won't run to friends/family have ended up running.

Anyway, his time was back when the midterms were still fresh in the memory. I think his hype has dried up now.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2019, 06:45:24 PM »

Yeah if he wanted to do this he should have jumped on the bandwagon before it died down and announced in like early Jan.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2019, 06:50:01 PM »

Beto is easily my second choice after Bennet. If Bennet's run doesn't work out, I won't hesitate for a second to throw my support behind him.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2019, 06:51:24 PM »

Beto is easily my second choice after Bennet. If Bennet's run doesn't work out, I won't hesitate for a second to throw my support behind him.

what if Neil Abercrombie runs?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2019, 06:56:01 PM »

Beto and Biden were initially the only 2 who could make me reconsider my Sanders support, but the thing is...the longer they wait, the less likely I am to switch.

Biden in particular has soured on me because of this very old and tired song-and-dance - and the fact that Beto passed up on announcing when all of the buzz and spotlight was on him also makes me question his political judgment (additionally, there are many examples wrt his comments during the Senate election where he shows little to no knowledge/concern for what is most expedient in elections).
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2019, 06:58:36 PM »

I really need to stop predicting people won't run. Everyone I've predicted won't run to friends/family have ended up running.

Anyway, his time was back when the midterms were still fresh in the memory. I think his hype has dried up now.
Which is why he is consistently just behind Harris and tied or ahead of Warren who have both been running full fledged campaigns for weeks? K.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2019, 07:00:20 PM »

Which is why he is consistently just behind Harris and tied or ahead of Warren who have both been running full fledged campaigns for weeks? K.

It’s really great to see a fellow Georgian and Beto supporter in the thread setting the record straight.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2019, 07:06:10 PM »

Do Imgur links work?

Imgur works now AFAIK.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2019, 07:24:08 PM »

People acting like some candidates have already "missed their chance" by not announcing yet like.... the first primary is in 11 months. Not tomorrow.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2019, 07:31:05 PM »

The election has changed, Harris has the resources like Hilary has and likely has her endorsement. I sense alot of energy on the part of Harris, in Cali.

Its clear, Trump has committed impeachable crimes, but criminal or civil crimes are pending
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2019, 07:38:07 PM »

Empty suit.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2019, 09:04:35 PM »

If this actually happens the board will be flooded with negative threads about O'Rourke.
It’ll just be vetting. Roll Eyes

So all of a sudden, we're not allowed to criticise someone who had a 47% rating from the Chamber of Commerce? That's higher than a Democrat should be.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2019, 09:12:43 PM »

I think I have finally found my candidate! It may be contrary to popular opinion, but I think he has more to gain by running for President, even if he loses, than by losing two Senate runs in a row.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2019, 09:13:19 PM »

If he does get in, it's great news for Harris. The two of them would have the least overlap in their respective bases, and O'Rourke could eventually put real pressure from the center on the candidates who are directly competing with her (Booker and Warren).
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2019, 09:25:36 PM »

If this actually happens the board will be flooded with negative threads about O'Rourke.
It’ll just be vetting. Roll Eyes

So all of a sudden, we're not allowed to criticise someone who had a 47% rating from the Chamber of Commerce? That's higher than a Democrat should be.
I don't care what you post about his record. If it's there, it's there. But don't cry foul when someone dare criticize God King Bernard Sanders.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies