Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:49:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 65
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 117321 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: March 30, 2019, 06:58:25 PM »

I'm surprised it took this long for an accusation to come out. If this is finally what manages to stick to Biden, he may just regret not rolling out his campaign sooner. I hope it causes him not to run, the party doesn't need that kind of baggage on the campaign trail.

Also, as cynical as it may sound, I want him to stop being featured in polls. This primary would be so much more interesting, satisfying, and representative of the Democratic Party if both he and Sanders weren't in it. It's always him and Sanders at the top and then the race for third or fourth place is where it gets interesting: Buttigieg, Harris, O'Rourke, and Warren have all been floating around in those positions and I would be much happier with either of those four being the nominee than Biden or Sanders. And even with just Biden out of it, it will be interesting to see if Sanders remains the second choice of voters who prefer Biden and where the rest of his support goes.

Is it because they are two old white males?

Old does factor into it, admittedly. But them being white doesn't. Hell, I included Beto and Buttigieg among that list of preferred candidates in my post.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #276 on: March 30, 2019, 07:04:42 PM »

As a Bernie supporter let me be the first to say this: Anyone who votes third party or doesn’t vote no matter who the Democratic nominee is deserves to be mocked, ridiculed and treated like a Trump supporter.

I'm fine with that.  I don't think it's very much to ask to be given an actual reason to vote for a person this time that's not "not their opponent."  If the nominee is serious about earning your vote, they should earn it instead of expecting all the sheep to fall in line.  Biden has given no indication that he plans to do so because he's not even a candidate yet and he's already turning the primary into a coronation game.  Maybe the Democrats will learn if they see more of their voters support other parties.

I did my part in 2016 and it didn't change the outcome anyway.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #277 on: March 30, 2019, 08:51:32 PM »

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #278 on: March 30, 2019, 09:38:58 PM »

She never even claimed that they were alone together. Roll Eyes
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #279 on: March 30, 2019, 09:42:58 PM »

Also Henry Munoz is a huge Biden supporter and will most likely work on Biden's campaign, I don't really take his word at face value.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #280 on: March 30, 2019, 10:27:29 PM »

You guys trying to MeToo good old uncle joey unfairly, sad!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #281 on: March 31, 2019, 12:29:10 AM »

She never even claimed that they were alone together. Roll Eyes

Biden has probably touched half of the wives and daughters of Senators while he swore in the father or husband, so it's not like he needed it to be alone.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #282 on: March 31, 2019, 12:34:26 AM »

When a woman tells you that a man has made her feel uncomfortable, believe her.

Just because Trump has done worse and Biden probably hasn't had sex with another woman doesn't mean that it's okay for him to go around inappropriately touching people and making them feel uncomfortable. It is not okay.

By then, as a young Latina in politics, I had gotten used to feeling like an outsider in rooms dominated by white men. But I had never experienced anything so blatantly inappropriate and unnerving before. Biden was the second-most powerful man in the country and, arguably, one of the most powerful men in the world. He was there to promote me as the right person for the lieutenant governor job. Instead, he made me feel uneasy, gross, and confused. The vice-president of the United States of America had just touched me in an intimate way reserved for close friends, family, or romantic partners — and I felt powerless to do anything about it.

Imagine you’re at work and a male colleague who you have no personal relationship with approaches you from behind, smells your hair, and kisses you on the head. Now imagine it’s the CEO of the company. If Biden and I worked together in a traditional office, I would have complained to the HR department, but on the campaign trail, there’s no clear path for what to do when a powerful man crosses the line. In politics, you shrug it off, smile for the cameras, and get back to the task of trying to win your race.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/03/an-awkward-kiss-changed-how-i-saw-joe-biden.html

Yeah, I'm more inclined to trust what she's saying about Biden because of the pretty damning videos of him being so handsy; he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. While it's not as disqualifying as sexual assault, I would prefer we go with someone else who doesn't have a history of not respecting women's boundaries.

Although I suppose I wasn't a Biden supporter in the first place. If this happened to my preferred candidate the cognitive dissonance might be more difficult, I don't know....
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #283 on: March 31, 2019, 02:01:06 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2019, 02:15:25 AM by Ronnie »

As a Bernie supporter let me be the first to say this: Anyone who votes third party or doesn’t vote no matter who the Democratic nominee is deserves to be mocked, ridiculed and treated like a Trump supporter.

In a swing state, I could understand this logic, but in a deep blue state like California?  I don't know why I have to hold my nose and fall in line behind the Dem nominee even if they don't represent my values.

Beyond that, browbeating and shaming people into voting won't achieve your desired goal.  Sorry.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #284 on: March 31, 2019, 09:27:50 AM »

Statement from Biden:
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #285 on: March 31, 2019, 09:46:17 AM »

NBC News/Wall Street Journal Survey, March 23-27, 2019
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5784808/19093-NBCWSJ-March-Poll-3-31-19-Release.pdf

There is more enthusiasm towards Biden than Bernie among Democratic primary voters. Democrats love him despite all the creepy gifs out there. General public is less enthusiastic, but still is truly comfortable with the guy. He'd destroy Trump as it stands for now.

Will the latest news change that? I hope so, but I'm really skeptical, so let's see.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #286 on: March 31, 2019, 09:49:26 AM »

Statement from Biden:

He groped children on tape. This statement means nothing.
JG

« Reply #287 on: March 31, 2019, 12:51:20 PM »

Statement from Biden:

Yes. And children who were showing very obvious signs of discomfort. And the fact that Biden couldn't even take that into account says a lot about his capacity to think about the consequences of his actions and his capacity to take other people's feelings into accounts.
Thatkat04
« Reply #288 on: March 31, 2019, 02:14:41 PM »

Statement from Biden:

Yes. And children who were showing very obvious signs of discomfort. And the fact that Biden couldn't even take that into account says a lot about his capacity to think about the consequences of his actions and his capacity to take other people's feelings into accounts.

I know atlas dislikes Biden, but I think this line of attack seems a bit extreme.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #289 on: April 01, 2019, 01:07:48 AM »

This has Gillibrand's smell all over it.

She really thinks she can just "metoo" her way to the top.

She is a pretty little rich white daddy's girl who is used to having everything handed to her, having to really work for something with opposition must be a shock to her. So she is back to tried and true white girl ways.

Atlas's conspiracy theories about Gillibrand never cease to amuse me. Is there any evidence whatsoever that Lucy Flores even supports her?
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #290 on: April 01, 2019, 01:24:06 AM »

She is a pretty little rich white daddy's girl who is used to having everything handed to her, having to really work for something with opposition must be a shock to her. So she is back to tried and true white girl ways.

Atlas's conspiracy theories about Gillibrand never cease to amuse me. Is there any evidence whatsoever that Lucy Flores even supports her?

Lucy Flores supports Beto and Sanders so far, that's what she's said publically.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #291 on: April 01, 2019, 01:33:32 AM »

"Oh my god Joe Biden is a pedophile and has been on tape, for years, we'll just ignore the part how we were all ok with it for years when he was vp but now we're suddenly woke." - Democrats who have truly gone off the deep end. It's like guys, I am no fan of Joe Biden but this whole controversy has a bizarre feel to it. There are plenty of things to go after Joe Biden on.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #292 on: April 01, 2019, 06:39:42 AM »

This is a really racist and misogynistic post.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #293 on: April 01, 2019, 07:03:15 AM »

96FJV
Rookie
« Reply #294 on: April 01, 2019, 08:30:15 AM »

I don't think this will hurt Biden much at all. What will hurt him is the first debate, He will be attacked for everything from everyone. He will gaffe, and will have to defend an awful senate record. Beto or Kamala will begin to pick off his support.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #295 on: April 01, 2019, 08:31:33 AM »

Screw Joe Biden! The left and right must join to defeat the tyranny that is the center!! Trump/Sanders 2020!!!
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #296 on: April 01, 2019, 09:41:12 AM »

This is a really racist and misogynistic post.

Yeah...

If any candidate is likely to be behind this, it's Sanders. The accuser is his supporter, he's the one that has the most to gain from a Biden collapse, etc.

And even then, the odds are he just pushed her to publish a true story now. This sounds like Biden's standard brand of low-level creepiness that we all knew about.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #297 on: April 01, 2019, 04:57:04 PM »

I don't think this will hurt Biden much at all. What will hurt him is the first debate, He will be attacked for everything from everyone. He will gaffe, and will have to defend an awful senate record. Beto or Kamala will begin to pick off his support.

I think Sanders too will be a top target during the first debate, especially by either Warren or O’Rourke.

But usually, the first debates of a primary cycle are rather civil, though with rare attacks between some candidates, while as the debates go on it gets nastier and nastier.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #298 on: April 01, 2019, 04:58:05 PM »

For you Biden haters: https://joebiden.info/
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #299 on: April 01, 2019, 05:53:13 PM »

Who said Dems hate Biden. Its called Democraric competetition.  Unlike the Tea Party and Sarah Palin and mainstream GOP and Michelle Bachman. Someone other than Biden needs to be the standard bearer that didnt vote for Clarence Thomas and sexually abuse 2 women
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies