Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 04:18:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 65
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 116881 times)
Jon Tester
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2019, 06:42:57 PM »

At his speech for the Delaware Democratic Party, Biden slipped up and said "I have the most progressive record of anybody running..."

Crowd then cheered.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2019, 06:51:46 PM »

At his speech for the Delaware Democratic Party, Biden slipped up and said "I have the most progressive record of anybody running..."

Crowd then cheered.

I don’t know what kind of crazy bizarro world Biden lives in where he has a progressive record on anything.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2019, 07:28:21 PM »

Coons and Dem insiders are pushing Biden, due to Sanders; however, they wind up splitting vote in favor of Harris, once the contest goes to Super Tuesday

BIDEN cannot win. Old white man rife with male pattern baldness brings reminders of McGOVERN 1972 in which only Massasschussets voted for acid, amnesty, and abortion. As such, invisible hand of mcgovern continues to haunt all DEM primary candidates and continued reputidation of his policies sets the score.

Harris/Sanders/Warren/Buttigieg bring memories of McGovern and Mondale, all of them are too radical to win an election

Wrong. McGovern and Mondale lost because the economy was too good. They would of won in a recession. Declaring someone lost because they were "too radical," is what narrative fiction writing pundits and political nerds with an agenda do after an election in order to satisfy the public's obsession with being given a simple and explainable causal relationship for an outcome (or in the political nerds case....an excuse the try and jam their agenda through)

Reagan and FDR are examples of radicals who got elected but since they won, the history is rewritten to make it seem like they werent radicals with their presidencies watered down and white washed to the point they become normalized.

Both won, because they beat extremely unpopular incumbents, basically the equivalents of modern-day Blanche Lincoln

The economy determines your popularity
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2019, 07:34:56 PM »

Crowd then cheered.

Big oof
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2019, 08:42:14 AM »

Biden is going to struggle putting together a campaign without major gaffes because it is too late for him to change.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2019, 08:47:39 AM »

Biden, despite gaffes, has been front runner since polling for 2020 began. His likely campaign should not be discredited — he is over qualified and has a strong base of support. He has a realistic chance of winning the primaries.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2019, 09:23:02 AM »

Biden's "gaffes" won't matter hardly at all. That's just part of who he is and people know that already. It's baked into his numbers.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2019, 10:02:26 AM »

Biden's "gaffes" won't matter hardly at all. That's just part of who he is and people know that already. It's baked into his numbers.

Agreed

Biden, despite gaffes, has been front runner since polling for 2020 began. His likely campaign should not be discredited — he is over qualified and has a strong base of support. He has a realistic chance of winning the primaries.

And agreed
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2019, 12:36:53 PM »

Crowd then cheered.

Just jump in already Biden, enough of playing around.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2019, 01:57:39 PM »

Agreed

And agreed

The fact that so many blue avatars support that blue eyed white devil Biden tells you all you need to know.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2019, 02:27:54 PM »

Agreed

And agreed

The fact that so many blue avatars support that blue eyed white devil Biden tells you all you need to know.

What, that we exercise our critical thinking skills?
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2019, 02:33:27 PM »

Biden will crash and burn, as he did in '88 and '08.  Especially with the base tiring of the old way of doing politics.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2019, 02:54:33 PM »

Agreed

And agreed

What, that we exercise our critical thinking skills?

Critical thinking is anti-American
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2019, 07:17:34 PM »

Crowd then cheered.

I don’t know what kind of crazy bizarro world Biden lives in where he has a progressive record on anything.

That is indeed a load of bunk, but for some reason Biden just has this affect on people, it seems, to like him regardless of his many faults. It borders on how Trump operates too.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2019, 01:14:22 AM »

He made his first gaffee and will make more, as he should of announced already; as a result, he wants a short race, as frontrunners do, so he can win the nomination.

He has Coons keep announcing that Biden will jump in and he fails to deliver
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2019, 01:41:49 AM »
« Edited: March 18, 2019, 03:45:24 AM by Ronnie »

I am a skeptic of the skeptics.  Biden won't flame out because he is really the only viable candidate who occupies the lane of the Democratic Party that won Hillary Clinton the nomination in 2016.  He is far and away the leader among boomers and silents (black and white) and they are the people whom politicians can count on to vote in primaries.  He doesn't even have to tack left; almost everyone else is already doing that, and not everyone in the Democratic Party is progressive.

If another centrist establishment figure who could reasonably contest Biden for his corner of the Dem base (e.g. Hillary Clinton) ran, then I'd be a little less confident about his prospects.  But right now, I think he's the frontrunner, and he won't be particularly easy to dislodge.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2019, 01:58:21 AM »

I am a skeptic of the skeptics.  Biden won't flame out because is really the only viable candidate who occupies the lane of the Democratic Party that won Hillary Clinton the nomination in 2016.  He is far and away the leader among boomers and silents (black and white) and they are the people whom politicians can count on to vote in primaries.  He doesn't even have to tack left; almost everyone else is already doing that, and not everyone in the Democratic Party is progressive.

If another centrist establishment figure who could reasonably contest Biden for his corner of the Dem base (e.g. Hillary Clinton) ran, then I'd be a little less confident about his prospects.  But right now, I think he's the frontrunner, and he won't be particularly easy to dislodge.

If Biden doesn't crash, then the race will likely become Bernie vs. Biden.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2019, 08:06:36 AM »

Crowd then cheered.
I see the dementia is setting in.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2019, 02:04:47 PM »

Biden, out of all the Dem candidates, has the best chance of beating Traitorous Trump.
I can see Independents supporting Biden, more than the other Dem candidates in the general election (and more than trump, obviously).
And if Biden is OK with it, I can see Obama jumping into the election big-time, by massively campaigning for Biden. Obama would do this more for Biden, then any other Dem candidate; that would be huge.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2019, 02:29:08 PM »

Crowd then cheered.
We are so doomed...
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2019, 06:36:07 PM »

Crowd then cheered.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2019, 09:21:23 PM »

Crowd then cheered.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2019, 12:51:17 AM »

If Biden runs, my exact feeling will be "how many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man?!"
Dukakisite1988
Rookie

« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2019, 08:36:30 AM »

Biden will crash and burn, as he did in '88 and '08.  Especially with the base tiring of the old way of doing politics.

Biden only crashed and burned in the former. In '08 he was never a major factor and hardly ever broke out of the 1-3% range in the polls. In fact it can be argued that his gaffes helped him then as they were the only time he ever got attention.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2019, 08:38:09 AM »
« Edited: March 19, 2019, 08:41:23 AM by DaWN »

There are legitimate reasons to think Biden may flame out, and fair enough if you think so, but citing his previous runs isn't all that much of an argument given he's now a former VP which makes the situation a bit different.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies