Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:28:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 65
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 117329 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2019, 01:02:54 PM »

I have an idea! Joe Biden should run in the republican primary where he belongs. I'm done with New Dem ultra-centrism. In fact I would consider voting Green if he wins the primary.

Then you don't actually care about getting rid of Trump.
Thatkat04
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2019, 01:23:23 PM »

its weird. In 2016, it seemed like people had a subconscious need to dislike Hillary. So when an old gaffe or soundbite came out, people were quick to change their views on her. But Biden is the opposite, it seems like the average person likes him and it'll be hard to actually change their mind. Because of that, I don't think brining a 45 year old soundbites will actually change anyone's view.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2019, 02:40:36 PM »

its weird. In 2016, it seemed like people had a subconscious need to dislike Hillary. So when an old gaffe or soundbite came out, people were quick to change their views on her. But Biden is the opposite, it seems like the average person likes him and it'll be hard to actually change their mind. Because of that, I don't think brining a 45 year old soundbites will actually change anyone's view.

T E F L O N      J O E
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #228 on: March 28, 2019, 04:08:43 PM »

I have an idea! Joe Biden should run in the republican primary where he belongs. I'm done with New Dem ultra-centrism. In fact I would consider voting Green if he wins the primary.
Utter stupidity like this is why dems lose.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #229 on: March 28, 2019, 04:49:15 PM »

Looks like the media is already digging up old Biden clips:

Biden: I Tried to ‘Prostitute Myself’ to Big Donors During First Senate Run

Former Vice President Joe Biden said during a 1974 discussion on campaign finance that he tried to "prostitute" himself to big donors during his first run for U.S. Senate but failed to get their money because he was too young.

His youth, however, was what enabled Biden to raise enough money to win, he explained.

"I'm like the token black or the token woman," Biden said. "I was the token young person."

Biden's comments came during an appearance on The Advocates, a weekly debate program that aired on PBS in the 1970s. Biden, then in his second year as a U.S. senator, was invited to argue in favor of public funding for political campaigns and contribution limits for individuals.

You run the risk of deciding whether or not you're going to prostitute yourself to give the answer you know they want to hear in order to get funded to run for that office," Biden testified during the program.

Biden admits he decided to "prostitute" himself, but was denied because of his age.

"I went to the big guys for the money," Biden said. "I was ready to prostitute myself in the manner in which I talk about it, but what happened was they said, ‘Come back when you're 40, son.'"

"So I had to go out, I had to go out to a number of small contributors," he said.

Biden goes on to say his ability to raise money despite his rejection from big donors—he said he raised $276,000—was due to his unique identity as a young person.

"I'm a 29-year-old oddball," he said. "The only reason I was able to raise the money is that I was able to have a national constituency to run for office, because I was 29."

"I'm like the token black or the token woman," Biden said. "I was the token young person."

https://freebeacon.com/politics/biden-i-tried-to-prostitute-myself-to-big-donors-during-first-senate-run/

Unironically not sure why 1974 Joe Biden criticising 1972 Joe Biden for trying to get donor money in a criticism of donor money in elections is at all a problem

You people are trying way to hard to tear him down lmao
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2019, 04:56:59 PM »

Joe "Ready to Prostitute Myself" Biden

LMAO - I've missed hearing his gaffes!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2019, 05:01:15 PM »

Lmao, yall cant take the fact that uncle joey is winning.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2019, 05:25:29 PM »

heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2019, 05:35:04 PM »

Saving his ass? Looking forward to Biden steamrolling the Democratic establishment.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2019, 05:37:54 PM »

Saving his ass? Looking forward to Biden steamrolling the Democratic establishment.

Biden is the democratic establishment lmao
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2019, 06:10:20 PM »

Look, it’s not because a candidate is an establishment candidate thathe/she is the worst candidate to run : in 1988 George H. W. Bush was the establishment candidate and won. In 2000, George W. Bush was the establishment favorite and won.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2019, 06:40:05 PM »

Yes. He wants to use Stacey Abrams to neutralize any criticism on his heinous record on criminal and racial justice. Thankfully Ms. Abrams would never go for that bullsh-t.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2019, 07:45:51 PM »

Look, it’s not because a candidate is an establishment candidate thathe/she is the worst candidate to run : in 1988 George H. W. Bush was the establishment candidate and won. In 2000, George W. Bush was the establishment favorite and won.

No one said that Biden is such a bad candidate because he’s the establishment. Biden is, to some, a bad candidate for other reasons, but establishment is arguably one of his issues.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2019, 08:20:07 PM »

If this stuff is a preview of Biden's real campaign, I'm voting third party.  I already held my nose for the entitled coronation candidate in the last election and this is just embarrassing.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #239 on: March 28, 2019, 09:30:27 PM »

Lmao, yall cant take the fact that uncle joey is winning.
Maybe because he's against single payer and progressive policies that would benefit this country?
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2019, 11:45:28 PM »

As a Bernie supporter let me be the first to say this: Anyone who votes third party or doesn’t vote no matter who the Democratic nominee is deserves to be mocked, ridiculed and treated like a Trump supporter.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #241 on: March 29, 2019, 08:15:55 AM »

Yes. He wants to use Stacey Abrams to neutralize any criticism on his heinous record on criminal and racial justice. Thankfully Ms. Abrams would never go for that bullsh-t.
Inb4 Biden/Abrams is real.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #242 on: March 29, 2019, 09:58:40 AM »

As a Bernie supporter let me be the first to say this: Anyone who votes third party or doesn’t vote no matter who the Democratic nominee is deserves to be mocked, ridiculed and treated like a Trump supporter.

As someone who leans far left, I broadly agree. I'd vote for anyone from Booker or Biden to Warren or Bernie in order to get Trump out of office. I'm not going to be picky, or angry and stay home because "my candidate" (currently Warren as the best of the bunch policy-wise) doesn't win.

But there is a line. I'm not going to vote for someone who is as much of a corrupt scumbag as Trump, just because they say they're a Democrat. And they need to understand that Republicans are not good faith participants in our government. I get political realities on the ground. I think Pelosi is right to not waste time and effort trying to impeach Trump, not because he doesn't merit impeachment (he obviously does), but because it wouldn't work. (Yet. And may never.)

And for that reason, Hickenlooper and Gabbard are on my 'hell no' list. I will vote D straight up the ballot and then write in Warren if either of them somehow get the nomination. And the same goes for any "Democrat" who defends and enables the atrocious GOP, or who uses "bipartisanship" as a cover for selling out America.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #243 on: March 29, 2019, 11:13:36 AM »

I agree within reason. Someone like Zuckerberg would probably be a bridge too far for me, but I'll certainly vote for Biden if he's the nominee, despite my issues with him.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #244 on: March 29, 2019, 03:39:36 PM »

Biden MeToo'd

https://www.thecut.com/2019/03/an-awkward-kiss-changed-how-i-saw-joe-biden.html?utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=thecut&utm_medium=s1
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #245 on: March 29, 2019, 03:58:54 PM »

People liked Hillary just fine until her campaign actually started.  She was significantly more well liked than Obama or Biden from 2009 to around early 2015 or so.  Voters polarize around politicians running for office, and once it's clear Biden is actually running you'll see voters polarize around him too.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #246 on: March 29, 2019, 04:00:59 PM »

WORDS. Enough said. Basically. Anything else?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #247 on: March 29, 2019, 06:58:59 PM »

I'm surprised it took this long for an accusation to come out. If this is finally what manages to stick to Biden, he may just regret not rolling out his campaign sooner. I hope it causes him not to run, the party doesn't need that kind of baggage on the campaign trail.

Also, as cynical as it may sound, I want him to stop being featured in polls. This primary would be so much more interesting, satisfying, and representative of the Democratic Party if both he and Sanders weren't in it. It's always him and Sanders at the top and then the race for third or fourth place is where it gets interesting: Buttigieg, Harris, O'Rourke, and Warren have all been floating around in those positions and I would be much happier with either of those four being the nominee than Biden or Sanders. And even with just Biden out of it, it will be interesting to see if Sanders remains the second choice of voters who prefer Biden and where the rest of his support goes.
Thatkat04
« Reply #248 on: March 29, 2019, 07:59:16 PM »

Yeah, Biden has alot of "awkward" exchanges with women.

However, the article posted by @henster isn't what I'd call getting "me too'd".

Now, if someone accuses him of sexual assault then we can talk about damage. But at the moment, the only thing we have is an awkward old man who really needs to get better at respecting personal space.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #249 on: March 29, 2019, 08:01:30 PM »

I'm surprised it took this long for an accusation to come out. If this is finally what manages to stick to Biden, he may just regret not rolling out his campaign sooner. I hope it causes him not to run, the party doesn't need that kind of baggage on the campaign trail.

Also, as cynical as it may sound, I want him to stop being featured in polls. This primary would be so much more interesting, satisfying, and representative of the Democratic Party if both he and Sanders weren't in it. It's always him and Sanders at the top and then the race for third or fourth place is where it gets interesting: Buttigieg, Harris, O'Rourke, and Warren have all been floating around in those positions and I would be much happier with either of those four being the nominee than Biden or Sanders. And even with just Biden out of it, it will be interesting to see if Sanders remains the second choice of voters who prefer Biden and where the rest of his support goes.

Is it because they are two old white males?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies