Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:16:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 65
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 117919 times)
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2019, 05:17:49 AM »

Biden's challenge: Satisfying the left

Joe Biden will need to navigate a gantlet of tricky progressive policy issues when he enters the race for president.

The Green New Deal. Medicare for All. Expanding the Supreme Court. Reparations.

All of these issues and more represent potential landmines for the former vice president, whose decades of centrist leadership in the Senate run counter to the progressive insurgency energizing the political left.

Biden has made the case to fellow Democrats that he can capture the nomination by running from the center, and that he can beat President Trump in 2020 by winning back working-class voters in states like Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/434840-bidens-challenge-satisfying-the-left
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2019, 06:16:33 AM »

Uncle Joe Is Ready to Run the World

Joe Biden may be an anachronism. “Vote for Joe—he knew George Kennan” is unlikely to appeal to the working-class white voters with whom Biden claims to have a special rapport. At the same time, the anti-neoliberal rhetoric that the Democratic base hungers for is alien to him. Biden hails from the era when Americans thought that they could see further because they stood taller, as former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright once put it. America no longer stands as tall nor sees as far. Many younger voters, in any case, would find that self-righteous imagery laughable.

Yet the world will not conform to the wishes of Democratic candidates. The next president will have to confront not only 21st century problems such as climate change and migration, but also 20th-century—and 19th-century—problems of great power rivalry.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/03/20/uncle-joe-is-ready-to-run-the-world-biden/
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2019, 12:39:30 PM »

I just don't feel like Biden is presidential material tbf, but maybe Carter was neither?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2019, 12:50:53 PM »

Biden's challenge: Satisfying the left

Is it though? The true leftists are the loudest part of the party but polling shows they are still not the largest. The left is divided enough he should work on just solidifying the moderates.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2019, 02:34:16 PM »

Biden hesitated too long; as a result, Harris bloosumed into a great candidate and Biden became an older candidate.

The females like Warren, Klobuchar and Harris announced early. Leaving Booker far behind
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2019, 10:11:13 PM »

Dear Mr. Vice President Biden

Let me begin by first of all thanking you for your extraordinary service to the nation.

Your record of accomplishments is indeed impressive.

Now let us get on to 2020.

2020 is going to be one of the toughest most contentious elections in U.S. history.

For me, your hesitancy about announcing your candidacy is troubling.

It can be interpreted as being indecisive, a trait we do not need nor want in a U.S. President.

I do not believe you should enter the contest.  

Your time has passed.

A new generation in the Democratic Party is coming to the fore.

I have seen you on CNN just this week, with a clip of you addressing an audience.

I have to say, from what I saw, I do not believe you have the stamina to compete in this election.

Please enjoy your retirement, and leave 2020 to the new generation of Democrats.

Sincerely

Winfield  

And yet Donald Trump had the proper temperament and “stamina” to receive your endorsement? Hmmm...
Roll Eyes

Have you even ever read my severe denunciations of Trump?   Smiley
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2019, 10:24:35 PM »

It's only March. Trump didn't announce until June. Heck, there was talk of Biden announcing last time into October.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2019, 01:46:47 AM »

The Dem party isnt the Biden or Clinton party anymore. Its the BETO and eventually, it will be Harris or Beto leading in polls.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2019, 02:04:56 AM »

It's only March. Trump didn't announce until June.

His "official" campaign launch, sure, but his exploratory committee launch was in March.
Hollywood
« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2019, 02:28:17 AM »

Biden hesitated too long; as a result, Harris bloosumed into a great candidate and Biden became an older candidate.

The females like Warren, Klobuchar and Harris announced early. Leaving Booker far behind

Biden should wait to the last minute to announce.  He's leading in all the polls.  He has the best chance.  He cuts into Trump's base.  He's your best shot.  All the female candidates you mentioned are already damaged, which is not something they can embrace.  Biden is damaged and knows it.  He embraces it.  He F$$$s with it, and tells you to watch him do it.  He's your Trump killer.  It's like Bernie Sanders in 2016.  You would have won.  Why can't you guys just do things that will help you win?  It's not complicated.  Wisconsin, Virginia, PA, Michigan, and Ohio.  It's just that easy.  Biden does that for you.  Sanders too. 
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2019, 04:15:32 AM »

Biden should wait to the last minute to announce.  He's leading in all the polls.  He has the best chance.  He cuts into Trump's base.  He's your best shot.  All the female candidates you mentioned are already damaged, which is not something they can embrace.  Biden is damaged and knows it.  He embraces it.  He F$$$s with it, and tells you to watch him do it.  He's your Trump killer.  It's like Bernie Sanders in 2016.  You would have won.  Why can't you guys just do things that will help you win?  It's not complicated.  Wisconsin, Virginia, PA, Michigan, and Ohio.  It's just that easy.  Biden does that for you.  Sanders too. 

You will pardon Democrats for not listening to the right when they say Biden is the best candidate, I hope.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2019, 08:16:22 AM »

If Biden runs it proves he lacks any self-awareness whatsoever.  What has he done in the last 15 years, aside from being Obama's VP?

There is no guarantee that Bernie or Biden would win Ohio.  Virginia otoh is likely D, and trending D.
Hollywood
« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2019, 11:30:57 AM »

You will pardon Democrats for not listening to the right when they say Biden is the best candidate, I hope.

Well he's not the best candidate to represent your interest, but he's the best candidate to beat Trump. 

I respect you cautious nature.  Now if you really want to win, Beto O'Rourke is a shoe-in.  He'll come into your home for dinner and give a speech on top of your table.  ;>p
Higgins
« Reply #213 on: March 26, 2019, 04:26:05 PM »

He's beginning to remind me of Mario Cuomo in 1992.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #214 on: March 26, 2019, 06:23:08 PM »

You know Biden is ahead in another poll when people come responding to the thread with same old hate again.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #215 on: March 26, 2019, 06:24:54 PM »

He's been pretty consistent about saying he'll announce his decision in April. If he misses that deadline, the Hamlet on the Hudson talk will be justified, but not until then.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #216 on: March 26, 2019, 06:27:40 PM »

I shouldn't like Joe Biden tbh...

but my dad's from Delaware so HOP ABOARD THE JOE TRAIN
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #217 on: March 26, 2019, 07:36:10 PM »

Naw, he's reminding me of Joe Biden in 1984,  2004, and 2016.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #218 on: March 26, 2019, 07:37:08 PM »

Naw, he's reminding me of Joe Biden in 1984,  2004, and 2016.

2004?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #219 on: March 26, 2019, 07:41:29 PM »

He took a long time to decide not run that time.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #220 on: March 26, 2019, 11:07:21 PM »

What if Biden announces his 2020 plans on April 1st?

Perfect launch date for a CLOWN such as himself
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #221 on: March 27, 2019, 10:04:25 AM »

Looks like the media is already digging up old Biden clips:

Biden: I Tried to ‘Prostitute Myself’ to Big Donors During First Senate Run

Former Vice President Joe Biden said during a 1974 discussion on campaign finance that he tried to "prostitute" himself to big donors during his first run for U.S. Senate but failed to get their money because he was too young.

His youth, however, was what enabled Biden to raise enough money to win, he explained.

"I'm like the token black or the token woman," Biden said. "I was the token young person."

Biden's comments came during an appearance on The Advocates, a weekly debate program that aired on PBS in the 1970s. Biden, then in his second year as a U.S. senator, was invited to argue in favor of public funding for political campaigns and contribution limits for individuals.

You run the risk of deciding whether or not you're going to prostitute yourself to give the answer you know they want to hear in order to get funded to run for that office," Biden testified during the program.

Biden admits he decided to "prostitute" himself, but was denied because of his age.

"I went to the big guys for the money," Biden said. "I was ready to prostitute myself in the manner in which I talk about it, but what happened was they said, ‘Come back when you're 40, son.'"

"So I had to go out, I had to go out to a number of small contributors," he said.

Biden goes on to say his ability to raise money despite his rejection from big donors—he said he raised $276,000—was due to his unique identity as a young person.

"I'm a 29-year-old oddball," he said. "The only reason I was able to raise the money is that I was able to have a national constituency to run for office, because I was 29."

"I'm like the token black or the token woman," Biden said. "I was the token young person."

https://freebeacon.com/politics/biden-i-tried-to-prostitute-myself-to-big-donors-during-first-senate-run/
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #222 on: March 27, 2019, 07:35:22 PM »

Looks like the media is already digging up old Biden clips:

Biden: I Tried to ‘Prostitute Myself’ to Big Donors During First Senate Run

Former Vice President Joe Biden said during a 1974 discussion on campaign finance that he tried to "prostitute" himself to big donors during his first run for U.S. Senate but failed to get their money because he was too young.

His youth, however, was what enabled Biden to raise enough money to win, he explained.

Biden's comments came during an appearance on The Advocates, a weekly debate program that aired on PBS in the 1970s. Biden, then in his second year as a U.S. senator, was invited to argue in favor of public funding for political campaigns and contribution limits for individuals.

You run the risk of deciding whether or not you're going to prostitute yourself to give the answer you know they want to hear in order to get funded to run for that office," Biden testified during the program.

Biden admits he decided to "prostitute" himself, but was denied because of his age.

"I went to the big guys for the money," Biden said. "I was ready to prostitute myself in the manner in which I talk about it, but what happened was they said, ‘Come back when you're 40, son.'"

"So I had to go out, I had to go out to a number of small contributors," he said.

Biden goes on to say his ability to raise money despite his rejection from big donors—he said he raised $276,000—was due to his unique identity as a young person.

"I'm a 29-year-old oddball," he said. "The only reason I was able to raise the money is that I was able to have a national constituency to run for office, because I was 29."

https://freebeacon.com/politics/biden-i-tried-to-prostitute-myself-to-big-donors-during-first-senate-run/

Biden has shown himself to be immune to these sorts of criticisms though, at least so far. We'll see what happens when he actually announces and if that still is the case.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #223 on: March 28, 2019, 12:59:25 PM »

I have an idea! Joe Biden should run in the republican primary where he belongs. I'm done with New Dem ultra-centrism. In fact I would consider voting Green if he wins the primary.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #224 on: March 28, 2019, 01:02:39 PM »

He’s not the ideal candidate at all but saying he belongs in the Republican primary...yikes.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies