Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 05:10:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 65
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 116381 times)
LabourJersey
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2019, 06:33:28 PM »

Did he make any serious gaffes during his time as Vice President?

Compared to the rest of his political career Biden was kept on a very tight ship language-wise as VP. But I don't think he's going to have the same structure (Obama staff, etc) keeping him disciplined and on message.

He was fine as VP aside from the dumb "they're gonna put y'all in chains" thing from 2012. But when he ran in 2008 he was god awful: the vaguely anti-Indian jokes, discussing how "clean" Obama was, the "Stand up Chuck" incident.

Those kinds of 2007/08 gaffes would be so intensified in the modern media landscape too.

To be fair, he recently made a gave when he said to have no empathy for millenials. Even though it was taken out of context, such comments can hurt hurt him.

Wow I completely forgot about the millenials things. That's absolutely going to hurt him.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2019, 06:34:26 PM »

Compared to the rest of his political career Biden was kept on a very tight ship language-wise as VP. But I don't think he's going to have the same structure (Obama staff, etc) keeping him disciplined and on message.

He was fine as VP aside from the dumb "they're gonna put y'all in chains" thing from 2012. But when he ran in 2008 he was god awful: the vaguely anti-Indian jokes, discussing how "clean" Obama was, the "Stand up Chuck" incident.

Those kinds of 2007/08 gaffes would be so intensified in the modern media landscape too.

To be fair, he recently made a gave when he said to have no empathy for millenials. Even though it was taken out of context, such comments can hurt hurt him.

Wow I completely forgot about the millenials things. That's absolutely going to hurt him.

I don't think it would. Biden will probably thrive on the votes of older party loyalists. This won't be something that turns them off. Millennials are probably already supporting other candidates anyway.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2019, 08:38:01 AM »

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2019, 08:46:49 AM »

To be honest I don't know what I see with Biden of the moment. All these scandals keep coming up regarding him and his favorables are still high, which at least to me suggests either a lot of Voters just don't care overall and they see him as the icon of the Obama Administration or the average voter has not heard of these yet. If he gets in in the campaign starts I'm actually curious to see how the dynamic is going to play out at least with him and Bernie Sanders and probably Kamala Harris
HarrisonL

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2019, 08:48:11 AM »

Biden better hop in if he wants to keep his momentum, if he waits too long Sanders might overtake him, with Kamala pulling some of his slightly more liberal voting base away.
History505
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2019, 08:48:43 AM »

There are chants of "Run Joe Run!" at the Firefighters event Biden is speaking at.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2019, 12:24:39 PM »

I don't think it would. Biden will probably thrive on the votes of older party loyalists. This won't be something that turns them off. Millennials are probably already supporting other candidates anyway.

You don't think a comment like that would hurt him in the general? Trump isn't going to try to get young people to vote for him--he's going to try to encourage young people to stay home.

Putting an ad of that comment all over the internet in October would absolutely hurt Biden.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2019, 12:27:47 PM »

There are chants of "Run Joe Run!" at the Firefighters event Biden is speaking at.

Lol at firefighter unions supporting a guy who voted for right wing SCOTUS justices who are dismantling unions
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2019, 12:39:37 PM »

Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2019, 12:47:31 PM »

This man has waaay too many skeletons to be exploited by Trump.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2019, 12:52:26 PM »

This is Hillary all over again. The early poll facade making him appear electable along with the old establishment wanting to line up behind him. His "experience" is an omen as it was with Hillary, I think he has even more baggage than she had and she had a ton. Crazy to see people falling for it again, the "safe" choice never really turns out to be safe in the end.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2019, 12:57:46 PM »

This is Hillary all over again. The early poll facade making him appear electable along with the old establishment wanting to line up behind him. His "experience" is an omen as it was with Hillary, I think he has even more baggage than she had and she had a ton. Crazy to see people falling for it again, the "safe" choice never really turns out to be safe in the end.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2019, 01:09:06 PM »

I'm gonna laugh my ass off at this time next year when Biden is securing the nomination and Atlas finally falls in line.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2019, 01:35:20 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2019, 01:38:24 PM »

Junior Chimp

« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2019, 01:39:51 PM »

I'm gonna laugh my ass off at this time next year when Biden is securing the nomination and Atlas finally falls in line.

I say it again.

Jeb Bush 2016 = Joe Biden 2020.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2019, 03:55:27 PM »

I say it again.

Joe Biden isn't the brother of an unpopular US president, nor does he have the personality of a styrofoam cup.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2019, 04:28:12 PM »

I say it again.

Or maybe he's Mitt Romney 2012
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2019, 04:31:06 PM »

I say it again.

Joe Biden isn't the brother of an unpopular US president, nor does he have the personality of a styrofoam cup.

His peronality is still a problem.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2019, 04:31:19 PM »

I say it again.

Atlas totally underestimates Joe Biden.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2019, 05:07:10 PM »

I say it again.

Atlas totally underestimates Joe Biden.

I dont underestimate him at all. He could win the nomination since voters could care less about his record. If he wins the nomination....he probably beats Trump in a race similar to Northam vs Gillespie.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2019, 05:16:29 PM »

Biden winning the nomination and election versus Trump is irrelevant. He would be an awful president throwing the black, brown, and poor communities that voted for him under the bus so he can tout how well he works with Republicans. And he is not putting progressives on the Supreme Court.
bilaps
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2019, 05:48:48 PM »

I agree. Biden isn't Hillary, he has enough establishment support among AA voters in the southeast and WWC in midwest to win D primary and he could flip enough of those Trump Obama voters that would never vote for Hillary in general to win the whole thing.

He would govern for one term and accomplish nothing and 4 years later we would have far left vs far right general election.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2019, 05:50:19 PM »

I say it again.

Actually his personality kinda sucks and it won't be doing him any favors.

He's a strong contender for the nomination, moreso than Harris, Booker or Beto, but he's coasting off of his time in the Obama administration. We'll see how far that takes him.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2019, 06:20:33 PM »

You don't think a comment like that would hurt him in the general? Trump isn't going to try to get young people to vote for him--he's going to try to encourage young people to stay home.

Putting an ad of that comment all over the internet in October would absolutely hurt Biden.

Young people will (should) probably be able to get past that if it means rejecting Trump.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies